Wish Upon A Demon [EDITING]

Από echoyourname_

Book 1 in the 'Paraverse' series. "I wish to become beautiful, inside and outside." For eighteen-ye... Περισσότερα

AUTHOR'S NOTE.
GUIDE TO THE UNDERWORLD
PREFACE.
0.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.

14.

31.8K 1.7K 513
Από echoyourname_

ultimate bias: got7 

Don't forget to read the note and check out the inline comment at the end of the chapter to find out how to read the unedited version of WUAD for free!

CHAPTER - FOURTEEN

"Maybe I should've said no?" I say.

On this fine Saturday morning, I was prepping to go spend my weekend at Micheal Kingston's lake house, just on the outskirts of B.C. Why you ask? Because Micheal Kingston was not right in the head. I'd stood by my locker in school on Friday, minding my own business, when said psycho had walked up to me with a wide grin, all but demanding that I tag along with him and his friends for a weekend at his lake house.

Frankly ever since I came across that bag of killer tools in his house, I wasn't all that fond of him. And after, I'd made it clear that I had no interest in him whatsoever by summoning my ruder half whenever he was present. Hell, he even thought I had a boyfriend and didn't seem pleased by it...so why in all the realms was he inviting me to his lake house?

Wait a second.

'Why in all the realms?!'.

Oh mama, demon boy was rubbing off on me. I needed to stop adopting his weird sayings and mannerisms.

Anyways, so Micheal had invited me. And I had just stared at him, unable to believe this idiot was doing what he was. I mean, did the boy have no pride? Unless maybe, he had another intention in mind? The more I'd stared, the more his grin had lessened until it was a scowl. His gaze was no longer lighthearted. It was intense in a way that screamed 'If you refuse, you die.' I scoured my mind for excuses and while I had a plethora of them on the tip of my tongue usually, the only one coming to mind at the moment was 'Sorry, I'll be flossing my teeth that weekend.'

And I had a feeling that if I used that, Micheal would be making a trip to my house very soon with a lethal weapon in hand...

I'd swallowed, darting my eyes around. My eyes had landed on Nolan Shaw peering interestingly at us. That bull of a boy had smirked before closing his locker and heading off. His smirk was terrifying more than charming. Ooh, think Faye, think! I'd held off for as long as could, baring the weight of Micheal's stare. In the end, I might as well have stamped myself as a coward because the first thing to slip out of my mouth when I'd opened it was a feeble yes. No, Faye, you're stronger than this. My conscience was screaming at me. I'd wanted to scream at myself.

Micheal had smiled, "Great. I'll text you with the details."

I'd given him a thumbs up.

And so here I was, with fifteen minutes left for Micheal to pick me up.

I couldn't say that I was entirely unexcited though. I'd seen his lake house before through pictures when I was snooping around Jennifer's very public Instagram profile and damn, that place was magnificent. It wasn't a lake house. It was a lake mansion! One con was that it was two and a half hours away from home and since Micheal was my ride to and from the lake house, I would not be able to sneak out at any point. If I did manage to get away, I wouldn't be able to find a ride back since the place was literally in the middle of the woods. And as it was very far from town, none of the local cab services operated in that vicinity. Believe me, I'd checked...

"No, you shouldn't have." Demon boy answers, leaning against the door of my balcony.

"This doesn't seem like a good idea," I say, frowning. "Besides, weren't you the one who told me to maintain distance from Micheal?" It's then that I remember the arrow I'd found in his house. I was gonna have to tell demon boy of that at some point, if he didn't know already.

Demon boy nods, "I did. But I'd failed to underestimate how much of a loner you were. You need to go out and have fun once in a while Faye. I can't be your only companion, loooser." The bitch had actually stuck out his tongue with a boyish grin. What a goddamn child..."That's not to say that you get close to the boy. Stay wary of him but take advantage of his 'magnificent lake house'," Demon boy air quoted. I wanted to smack myself for thinking that he'd developed manners and wouldn't go through my mind anymore.

I turned away from demon boy to finish zipping up my bag.

"Besides, tonight's special for you humans, it is not?" Demon boy asks. I shrug. He smirks, "Have fun, little hamster. And if you're a good girl, I may even visit..." He turns around and vanishes with a wink. I shudder before picking up my bag and heading out the door.

Tonight was New Year's.

It had been a good ten months since dear ol' dad and tutti fruity had been going out. And since things were going strong, they'd decided to announce their relationship to their coworkers and others at the firm. That's why my father was going to be busy both today and tomorrow since he had New Year themed celebration events to attend with blondie. Not that it mattered. My dad and I had never spent things like this together as a family. And I knew that despite his sudden revelation of 'wanting to be a better father', progress was going to be slow...and I didn't mind that.

Now only if I could find out Cherry's last name, then the name-calling would be sooo much more fun...

"YOU CAN'T BE serious?"

They absolutely could not be serious. Okay, I was overreacting a tad bit but it was in my nature to be a drama queen, damn it! But the situation, it deserved a reaction like this. We'd arrived at the lake house twenty minutes ago. The house had ten bedrooms. There were ten of us here. But Micheal had said that we could use only five bedrooms because the rest five were for the others who'd be crashing here after the New Year's party tonight. And so everyone began coupling up. Then outta nowhere, I was being coerced into sharing a room with Micheal.

I couldn't be sharing a room with a killer. Or future killer. Or whatever he was. Those tools in his house didn't look like they were used only for hunting animals. And that arrow...there was no way it was a coincidence. So why had I agreed to this? Stupid, stupid Faye. Now, since I wasn't in the mood to be his next prey, I would have to politely decline to share a room with him. So I grab Jennifer, who's standing beside me, gazing at her nails.

"Her. I'll be staying with her." I smile, a little too forcefully.

Jennifer strongly protests, "No! What the hell!" She wretches her arm from mine. I frown at her. She tucks her hair behind her hair, "Faye, while I would love to share a room with you, I'm staying with Nolan. Sorry." I turn to Micheal and Nolan who were the only ones standing in the living room with us because the others - who I didn't know and had forgotten the names of - had all coupled up and left to unpack. Nolan takes in the exchange with a smirk, one that was a little less terrifying, and dare I say it, a little sexy?

Then, he shakes his head, saying, "That's alright, Jen. I'll bunk with Micheal."

I let out a small breath of relief. Nolan notices this because he winks. Yeah, the smirk, and now the wink was a little too much. My cheeks flush. There had to be something wrong with me. I'd been terrified of this guy and his buddy and found everything about him scary less than a day ago. And now, I found him hot? Ugh. No, Nolan had always been attractive, just like Micheal. And this was a normal reaction. Right? Okay, there, justified.

Or maybe I had a thing for boys who winked and had sexy smirks? Oh, demon boy...

Nolan claps Micheal on his back and they share a laugh, shaking their heads. They pick up their bags and head off. However, Micheal turns back and I can swear I see his eyes darken. Why that happened, I didn't know but it freaked me out for sure. And once they are out of earshot, Jennifer turns to me, fuming.

If I looked a little closer, I swear I would be able to see steam pouring from her ears...

I shrug with an awkward smirk. I could tell she wanted to scream at my attitude. Not gonna lie, if I were her, I would want to too.

"Faye! Why in the world did you have to do that?" She was careful to keep her voice-controlled. But her tone? Now, that could use some improvement.

"Because I didn't want to share a room with a boy?" I give her the most normal answer.

She laughs, in a mocking way before pushing her hair away from her face. Then she leans in close, pointing a manicured nail at me. "Listen, Faye, honey," Ugh, ew. "Just because you're a prude-" She scoffed, "-oh wait, sorry, virgin, that doesn't mean all of us are." This condescending witch. Since when did being a virgin translate to being a prude? "Some of us, who don't dress like ninety-year-olds and act like prig's, - you know, young people, like to have fun." She cocks her head, "So do me a favor and stay out of my way this weekend and don't ever do what you just did back there." My eyes burn and my throat constricts as she walks off. She bumps my shoulder as she leaves, muttering something about why I was here and whatever possessed Micheal to invite me.

Some girl she was in the past. Had she always such a hateful bitch? I guess never know.

By the time I reached the room I was now sharing with hornifer, she'd already unpacked and was dressing up to head down for lunch. I didn't acknowledge her and focused on unpacking. She left soon after. Since I was tired enough already, with the journey and the brutal reminder that I was a nobody, I decided to skip lunch and take a nap instead.

When I awoke, the sun was setting and I had drooled a little over the pillow. Wow, that was some good sleep. I brushed my teeth and washed my face, applying a little concealer and lipstick and changed my outfit before I left the room. I knew Jennifer hadn't come back any time in between because one, I'd locked the room so if she wanted to get in, I'd know. And two, because I was convinced she was humping Nolan somewhere in the house since I'd interrupted their weekend bone session by choosing to room with her.

Good riddance. That bitch could suck Nolan dry if it'd meant she'd keep her nasty ass away from me.

I bumped into Nolan almost immediately after leaving the room.

I took a step back, almost bouncing back from the collision, but he steadied me with a hand around my arm. I shrugged it off quickly. He grinned, rubbing the back of his neck, "Came to call you downstairs but I see you're already on your way," Nolan says.

I nod, "Yeah," I bite my lip, "I forgot something in the room so I'll be down in a minute," I tell him, hoping he'll go away. He nods, opening his mouth to say something when Jennifer's voice echoes through the hall, calling out his name in a sing-song voice. He curses under his breath, turning away from me and I use that opportunity to slip back into my room.

I change from my casual outfit to something a little fancier, specifically, dark high waisted jeans and a moderately tight crop top. My earrings are changed to from studs to hoops, my shoes to comfortable heels. I wear darker lipstick and glance at demon boy's necklace hanging from my neck. I'm brushing my hair when I hear a knock on the door.

I open the door and Micheal stands on the other side.

"Faye," He starts but then looks me over, "Oh wow. Whoa."

I should have never come, I say to myself for the thousandth time today.

I smile. I may not like the guy and may not appreciate his comment, mostly cause I didn't like him like that anymore, but I'd be lying if I said that I didn't get a confidence boost from his appreciation. And then, that day in his house flashes in my head, and poof, there goes everything.

"Uh, Faye, I hoped to talk to you sometime this weekend." I nod, encouraging him to spit it out so we didn't have to spend any time together. As much as I keep trying to push it to the back of my head, the arrow keeps flashing in front of my eyes, making it hard for me to even look at him. "So, that other day, that date was a disaster, wasn't it?" He laughs, "I don't blame you for dumping me and dating someone else anymore." Great. "But, I-I know it was weird to suddenly just take you to my house and shit, but my parents are a little overbearing. It took one mention of you before them and they were all but forcing me to bring you over," Weird but ok. "So-so, I guess what I'm trying to say is-"

Micheal is cut off by Jennifer, who walks up the stairs. She spots him and walks over to us.

Oh bitchifer, may whatever evil you worship bless your cold heart...

She places a hand on Micheal's arm. "Micheal, what are you doing here? We're waiting for you downstairs," She gives me a once over before rolling her eyes and focusing on the golden boy once again. Micheal doesn't shift his attention from me, basically ignoring her.

"Yeah, we should probably go," I say, hoping Jennifer drags him away.

But Micheal pushes Jennifer's hand from his arm before telling her that we'll be down in a second. She seems to not being treated this way because she happily skips back downstairs. We're downstairs, almost joining the crowd of partiers when Micheal stops me.

"Faye, the other day, when you'd come over, you-uh, didn't go to any room yeah?" He asks. My heart almost stops. Fúck, the zipper! The frill of my jumper had gotten caught in it! How could I have forgotten? Shit, shit, shit! Despite all this going on in my head, somehow, I keep a cool facade and cock my head at him.

And here begins the Oscar-worthy performance...

"What do you mean?" I ask, looking into his eyes. I'm convincing, I can tell. He believes me. I squeal inside, proud of myself. Demon boy would be proud too. Wait, why am I thinking of that mask-wearing, balcony lounger during this time? He and I were getting too close. Any more and I would have to no choice but to admit my feelings for him.

Micheal shakes his head, now relaxed and sporting a smile. "It's nothing. Come on."

And so, we enter the party.

I WAS DRUNK. 100% drunk.

I'd avoided alcohol so well in the past. But I'd surprised everyone and myself tonight when I chugged an unhealthy amount of IT. Did I want to fit in, is that why I did it? Maybe. Whatever it is, I didn't think I liked being drunk very much. My legs were wobbly, I couldn't see clearly and I was alternating between wanting another shot and throwing up everything in my stomach. I held on to the railing of the staircase as I dragged myself up the steps.

"Chug! Chug! Chug!" Came the screams from outside. I ignore it.

My focus was on getting to my bedroom and sleeping off this feeling. I passed by people, all either kissing or basically fúcking in the open. Ah, that was disgusting. I did not want to see that. Oh, I was going to throw up now for sure. If not from the alcohol, then definitely from this visual...jeez, maybe I was a prude.

Okay, Faye, you're almost there. Your room is literally right there, come on!

I hoped Jennifer would spend her night somewhere else because I did not want to share my space with her. Not tonight. As I passed by a room adjacent to mine, I took a step back and paused for a second. Through my hazy vision, I could see Jennifer and...Micheal? Oh yeah, that was definitely Jennifer and Micheal making out. Well, this is a surprise...

I quickly went inside my room and closed the door, flopping down on the bed after.

"Ahh, the feeling of being drunk." A familiar voice says from beside me.

I turn my head to see demon boy on the bed, beside me. I turn away from him and sit up. He follows me, sitting up soon after. I lay my head on the bedpost and sigh. I can't describe how I feel right now and it's probably because of the alcohol. I felt sad, a little happy, a little annoyed, altogether. I was not going to be drinking again after tonight.

"I didn't wanna get drunk, I swear," I say, surprisingly not slurring. Demon boy gets off the bed and then returns in a second with water. I sip slowly on it at first but then quickly drink it. It tastes different, weird almost but not in a bad way.

"I added nysort to the water. It's a sobering agent from back home. It'll sober you up pretty quick." Demon boy explains. I nod. I trusted him. I go back to laying my head against the bedpost, getting sober by the second. I sigh when I realize the sick feeling is wearing off. My eyes lazily shift to demon boy's whose sitting on the other side of the bed, watching me intently. It's almost like he knows of what is going through my head - who am I kidding? Course' he does. But he could he tell what I was about to next? Probably. Not like I was letting his prior knowledge of my future actions get in the way, anyway. I was about to do something really stupid...

Demon boy's eyes narrowed. Wait, was he warning me not to do it? It doesn't matter, I still did it in any way.

In an instant, I had pushed demon boy onto his back with a hand on his chest. Straddling him, I looked him in the eye, unsure of why I did this and what was going to happen next. I could still hear the screams from outside but I focused on tuning them out with my gaze rapt on demon boy. Demon boy's eyes were wide, violet flecks in his hazel orbs brightly shining. Is it because he can't process what just happened or because he's surprised that I did it? Not like it was a big deal anyway, all I had done was get him on his back. But I had a feeling that what I wanted to do next - if I went through with it, would matter a great deal...

Not this is not me? It couldn't be me, right? My conscience was screaming at me from somewhere in the back, commanding me to stop it before I did something I would regret. Maybe I hadn't fully shaken off the alcohol yet...? Yeah that had to be it. It had to. Because I wouldn't do this if I were sober - not because I didn't want to but because I wouldn't have the courage to go ahead with it.

"Faye," Demon boy urges with a gentle voice. "Get off me, little human, so I can put you to bed."

I don't listen and instead, lean in close.

Demon boy's hands come up to grip my arms, "Faye, you're drunk." It's nice when he uses this tone. His voice sounds nice - not that it wasn't before. I hadn't even seen his whole face but that hadn't stopped me from finding him ridiculously attractive...yup, the alcohol was definitely still present in my system. His sobering agent hadn't done much, but this was good.

"No, I'm not," I disagree. Demon boy sighs but makes no move to push me off. I lean in even closer, "I'm not drunk." Well, I was a little but I wasn't going to admit it. "Okay listen," I swallow, "I would never say this normally but I'm feeling exceptionally confident today," Demon boy rolls his eyes. "But-But-." I take a breath, trying to figure out what it is that I'm trying to say. "But I can't stop thinking about it." I blurt out. Okay, there it is. It's out. Demon boy's eyes narrow, "The kiss, I mean. I know, I know, it was a while ago and maybe I only feel like this because it's my first kiss or whatever the fúck! But-but, I want to do it again." Demon boy's hand tighten on my arms. Gone is the hazel, his orbs are fully taken over by the violet now. "Because-because, I know what I want. I've known it for some time. And it's you. I want you."

I didn't think I could blush harder if I tried. Demon boy was shocked. I'd rendered the demon speechless. Way to go, Faye. There it was, I'd admitted my feelings. Now, would he accept it? My lips hovered over his, neither of us saying anything. Like I'd told myself before, I wasn't going to kiss him first. He had to do it, he had to. I'd kissed him first before and bared my feelings out for him at this very moment, so if we were going to kiss, he had to be the one to make the move. But would he?

All my surroundings came into focus. I could hear the New Year's countdown begin outside.

3.

Both of us were breathing heavily, heart racing.

2.

I leaned back a little because I knew this was not going to happen. Blinking, I tried to turn my focus elsewhere.

1.

Demon boy's hand curled around the back of my head and pulled me down. Our lips touched.

And cue the fireworks - literally. 

Note: I'm going to be quite busy with university and so updates are going to be slow. If you're tired of waiting and want to read more of Faye and Demon boy, follow the simple steps on the picture below or follow the link in the inline comment to read the unedited version of WUAD on Inkitt for free!

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

FORM Από Yitz..

Φαντασίας

47 0 16
In a world where skin color determines your role in society, a girl is born. Too dark to be noble, too Blue to be common, she is destined to live in...
Mirror Από Lenour

Εφηβική Φαντασία

231 28 9
On the brink of self-destruction, Leila struggles to battle against herself with little to no time before she's devoured by her conniving mind. In an...
1 0 1
Jason Barker and Rhianna Sidgeworth are a pair of ordinary fourteen year olds, each mirroring the other with the usual symptoms of growing up. Confus...
14.2K 451 6
Y/n Mccall attended Blackmore University in New York, where she had met Tara and her friends leading to her making new friends and distracting hersel...