All Shades of Blue

By TheQuietHufflepuff

Nora Mendez moves back home after a sudden tragedy. But she's not alone. The young mother returns to her hom... More

Aesthetic
A Small Note
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48

39

90 7 3
By TheQuietHufflepuff

At school the next day after setting up for Mischief Night, Scott, Isaac and Stiles noticed the twins pulling up on their motorcycle outside.

"You're back in school?" Scott asked.

"No, just to talk," Ethan replied.

"Oh," Stiles commented. "That's kind of a change of pace for you guys. Usually, you're just hurting, maiming, and killing."

"You need a pack," Aiden noted. "We need an Alpha. We need the Luna."

"Yeah. Absolutely not. That's hilarious though."

"You came to us for help. We helped."

"You beat his face into a bloody pulp. That's not helping. In my opinion, that's actually counter-productive."

Scott frowned. "Why would I say yes?"

"We'd add strength," Aiden said. "We'd make you more powerful. There's no reason to say no."

Isaac said, "I can think of one. Like the two of you holding Derek's claws while Kali impaled Boyd. In fact, I don't know why we're not impaling them right now."

"You want to try?"

Scott narrowed his eyes. "Sorry, but they don't trust you. And neither do I."

They made their way into the school and Stiles protested as his face was hit with toilet paper. "All right, that's my face! Hey, dude, good decision, buddy. Good Alpha decision."

"I hope so," Scott replied.

"No, you know so. Then I can take - What are you looking at?"

"Me?"

"You." He followed Scott's eyes to see Kira. "You looking at her?"

"Her? Who her?"

"Her her. Kira. You got a little crush?"

"No. I mean - Yeah, yeah, she's okay. She's new."

"So then ask her out."

"Now?"

"Yes, now."

"Right now?"

"Right now. Scott, I don't think you get it yet. You're an Alpha. You're the apex predator. Everyone wants you. You're like the hot girl that every guy wants."

"The hot girl?"

"You are the hottest girl."

"What?" Isaac asked.

Scott grinned. "I'm the hot girl."

"Yes, you are."

They made their way to Econ and heard Coach yelling from his office before he burst through and said, "Peek-a-boo! That's all you got? That's it? Son of a bitch!" Stiles and Scott smiled and the class laughed. "Mischief Night, Devil's Night. I don't care what you call it. You little punks are evil. You think it's funny every Halloween my house gets egged? A man's house is supposed to be his castle. Mine's a frickin' omelet. Oh, this? We're gonna do this again? I don't think so. "Happy Birthday." "Love, Greenberg.""

---

Nora, having the weird feeling that something was wrong, made her way to the school just as class ended and met up with the teens.

As soon as class ended, Isaac asked, "Barrow went after kids with glowing eyes? He said those exact words?"

Stiles nodded. "Yeah. And no one knows how he woke up from anesthesia. Just that when they opened him up, they found a tumor full of live flies, which in any other circumstance would be all kinds of awesome."

Lydia frowned at him. "Did you say flies?"

"Lydia?" Allison questioned.

"All day I have been hearing this sound. It's like this buzzing."

Nora's brow furrowed. 'Like flies?'

Lydia glanced at her and spoke as she signed, "Exactly like flies."

Stiles ran into someone while they were looking for Scott. "Sorry... Hey, dude, where the hell have you been?"

Lydia frowned. "The police are leaving. Why are they leaving?"

Scott turned to her. "The police?"

Stiles shrugged. "They must have cleared the building and grounds, which means he's not here."

"Who?" Scott asked. "What are you guys-"

Lydia's lips pursed. "He has to be here. That sound, the buzzing I've been hearing? It's getting louder."

"How loud?"

Lydia closed her eyes and took a moment to breathe.

They stood outside the front of the school and Stiles ran up to his dad and they talked for a few moments. When he returned, they meet up with Allison and she said, "The Bestiary is literally a thousand pages long. If I'm going to find anything about flies coming out of people's bodies, it could take me all night." She opened up a window.

Lydia walked closer to Allison. "And remember, the word in archaic Latin for fly is musca."

Allison nodded as she began climbing out the window. "Got it."

As soon as she left, Lydia turned to Stiles. "Where do we start?"

"Upstairs. We gotta go."

They ran up the stairs and walked into the art room. Nora glanced at Stiles. 'Scott and Isaac are in the basement, right?'

He nodded. "Yeah, with Ethan and Aiden. The plan is they meet in the middle, in the boiler room."

A picture caught Lydia's attention as she said, "All of the wolves, all of the ones with glowing eyes are in the basement at the boiler room?"

Stiles' eyes widened at her words. "Oh, my God! An engineer could use a boiler room to blow up the entire school."

'We have to get them out of there,' Nora told them.

Stiles turned to her. "We have to get everyone out."

Lydia frowned. "How do we do that?"

Stiles pulled the fire alarm. He smiled at them and his smile slowly dropped as he noticed the panicked look Lydia was giving and the frown Nora had. Coach was standing behind him. "Wow. Pulling a fire alarm on Mischief Night is one thing. Doing it when there's a mass murderer spotted nearby is insane! If I was four years younger, I'd punch you."

Stiles frowned. "What? Coach, that doesn't make sense."

"Oh, well, it does to me!"

"There," Stiles said, seeing Scott and Aiden.

"We didn't find anything," Aiden informed.

Scott shook his head. "Not even a scent."

Stiles checked the time. "It's 3:00, so school's over. If there was a bomb, wouldn't he have set it off by now?"

"Does that mean everybody's safe?" Aiden asked.

Everyone turned to Lydia and she repeated, "I don't know. I just don't know."

---

Nora made her way back to the Animal Clinic to finish up paperwork and about an hour later, she got a message from Stiles.

'Kira's missing and Scott's unconscious. Meet us at Kira's house'

She sighed and picked up Mateo's car seat. The little boy sighed in his sleep, but didn't wake up.

---

Scott woke and looked up in a panic before seeing his friends and yelled, "Barrow. He took Kira!"

Stiles nodded. "We know. He was after her the whole time."

Scott called Isaac to see what he found and said after a moment, "All right, thanks."

He ended the call and said to them, "We have to think of something. He's going to kill her."

Lydia frowned. "I knew he was there. How did I know that?"

'Because of the flies. Right, Lydia?' Nora asked.

She nodded slowly and Scott asked, "What do you hear now?"

Lydia let out a sigh. "Nothing. I feel like I can do this. But I don't know what to do. It's like it's on the tip of my tongue, and I don't know how to trigger it. I just, I swear to God, it literally makes me want to scream."

"Then scream, Lydia."

She did so, and Stiles covered his ears. She took a moment to think and said, "It's not flies. It's electricity."

Stiles' eyes widened. "Wait a second. Barrow was an electrical engineer. He worked at a power substation."

"What substation?" Scott wondered.

They climbed into Stiles' Jeep and he drove to the substation. As soon as they arrived, Stiles turned to face Lydia. "Okay. Wait here, all right? Just wait for the cops to come."

Lydia frowned. "Me? Wait, why?"

Stiles didn't answer. Instead, he left and moments later, Beacon Hills went dark.

Nora stared at the substation with a frown, wondering what exactly was happening.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 2.7K 54
( ON HOLD ) After being away from Beacon Hills for six years, Marlo Stilinski finally returns but with secrets, talents and a certain someone in her...
1.6K 34 12
While Scott struggles to find his place as an Alpha, he, Allison and Stiles begin to experience strange side effects as a result of reigniting the po...
538K 12.6K 42
--I DON'T OWN TEEN WOLF THAT RIGHT GOES TO JEFF DAVIS WHO IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING, THE ONLY PEOPLE I OWN IN THE STORY IS FREY, RIKA, ERIK, FINN, AND MI...
349K 10K 29
𝟏𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐅𝐀𝐍𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐒 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟗 Sarah Stilinski is only a few years older than...