Steal My Girl (1D)

By notjustarandomgirl

(One Direction with Emma Watson fanfiction) Emma couldn't wait to enter college and leave all of her bitter h... More

Chapter 1 - Ready To Run
Chapter 2 - One Thing
Chapter 3 - Na Na Na
Chapter 4 - Stole My Heart
Chapter 5 - She's Not Afraid
Chapter 6 - Girl Almighty
Chapter 7 - One Way or Another
Chapter 8 - Moments
Chapter 9 - Fireproof
Chapter 10 - Save You Tonight
Chapter 11.5 - Spaces (Part 2)
Chapter 12 - Irresistible (Part 1)
Chapter 12.5 - Irresistible (Part 2)
AUTHOR'S NOTE

Chapter 11 - Spaces (Part 1)

26.9K 1.3K 486
By notjustarandomgirl

Chapter 11 - Spaces (Part 1)

Who's gonna be the first one to start the fight? Who's gonna be the first one to compromise? Who's gonna be the first one to set it all on fire? Who's gonna be the last one to drive away forgetting every single promise we ever made... We keep taking turns. Will we ever learn?

** EMMA's POV **

"Done." I beamed to myself as I looked at my finished paper due next week. I know that it's too early to work on this, but that's how I am and how I wanted it to be.

I don't know why but I'm the type of girl who's thirsty for knowledge and who doesn't like pending works. I want the works to be done as early as possible. I'd been like that since I started schooling. I'm used to it. I guess old habits die hard, huh.

I gathered all my things and returned the books I used to its respective shelves. I walked out of the library and looked at my watch.

It's too early to call it a day and I didn't have any agendas for today, aside from finishing all of my school works that I already did. It's Thursday, which means Bonnie's having a full day class.

I considered going to the lake and read a book there. Yeah, that's not a bad idea at all.

I was about to go there when suddenly my phone rang. When I fished out my phone from my pocket, I saw Harry's name flashing on the screen.

For some unknown reason, this made me smile. I remembered the night I spent with Harry at the lake. I wouldn't lie to the fact that he's fun to be with. He's sweet, funny, and... cute.

You could actually find yourself smiling by just saying his name.

Harry Styles.

See?

I answered the phone and greeted him right away. "Hey, Harry."

"Oh hi, Emma." He greeted enthusiastically. "Are you busy?" He asked with a hint of hesitation on his tone.

"Not really." I answered as I continue to walk towards the direction of the lake. "I just finished whatever it is that I should finish."

"Let me guess, school works that's due this week?" He asked.

"Actually, it's due next week." I laughed. "So, what's with the sudden phone call?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"Oh yeah, about that." Harry started. "Oh god this is embarrassing." He murmured over the phone.

"Harry?" I called him out.

"Yeah. Look, it may seem that I'm taking advantage of the situation, but I'm kind of desperate right now. I'm sorry, Emma. I really am sorry." Harry's voice seems troubled and I couldn't help but feel concern about it.

"Hey, Harry. Is there something wrong?"

"Emma. Is it okay to use my first request?"

I was about to ask what he was talking about, but then I realized what he meant by that. I remembered that I owe him these three requests for poking his dimples.

"Okay, no problem."

"Okay." I heard him inhaled deeply. "We're kind of short in the staff right now in the coffee shop. Nana is not feeling well and I have to go to the grocery to run some errands. I know that you're going to start on Monday and---"

"Hey, Harry. It's okay. So you want me to start now?" I clarified.

"If that's oka---"

"Of course I'm okay with it. It's not like I'm busy or something. Besides, I'm really looking forward to work there. I'm glad you called and gave me something to be working on." I told him with a laugh.

I heard Harry exhaled, like a huge sigh of relief. "Thank you, Emma. You're a life saver."

"I'll be there in a minute." I promised before I hang up.

I walked towards the shop with a happy face. I couldn't contain the excitement in me as I near the shop, thinking that I'll be working there from now on.

Books. Coffees. Pastries.

Oh, heaven.

As I opened the door, my smile instantly disappeared and replaced with a frown the moment my eyes landed on no other than Tomlinson whose standing in front of the cash registry and with brow raised in question.

What is he doing here? Oh yeah, I forgot. He works here, too.

Great!

So, are you still excited in working here or you want to crawl back to the library?

No way. I'm going to work here, too.

With that bravery I gathered, I stand straight and keep my chin up. I walked towards his direction and asked, "Uhm, where's Harry?"

"Do I look like Harry's keeper to you?" He said with a mocking tone as his brow was still raised at me.

I rolled my eyes to this. "Well, considering the fact that you work with him in this shop, isn't it normal to know where he is?"

Tomlinson laughed wryly. "Well, considering the fact that you have two eyes, isn't it normal to use it instead of your mouth?" My face formed a scowl to his sarcastic remark. He pointed behind me and I spun around to see Harry at the end side of the room, stacking books. "Yeah, he's there all along." He pointed out, probably to make me look like an idiot.

"You know, you should try to be nice sometimes. It's good, you know." I turned around to give him a piece of my mind.

"Well, you should try not to be rude when asking. It's good too, you know." He bit back and I scowl at him.

"Emma!" I heard Harry called me out. I turned around and face him with a smile.

"Oh look. Someone's smiling because Harold said her name." He whispered with a hint of sarcasm.

I turned around to glare at him, but it's no use because I was faced with his back. So with that, I redirected my attention back to Harry who's now standing in front of me.

"Thanks for coming." Harry said. He was giving me one of his smiles again.

"It's okay, Harry." I reassured him.

"I just hope you didn't think that I'm taking advantage of the three requests that we agreed."

"Now you only have two left." I told him with a laugh.

"Three requests?"

I heard someone but-in from behind. And I didn't have to look back to see who's the owner of that voice because I perfectly know who's this eavesdropper.

"It's a long story." Harry laughed.

"Oh, I love long stories." Tomlinson gushed.

"Well, to make it short. Emma owes me three requests and I use the first one. I asked her to start now because we're... short in staff and I have to go to run some errands." Harry explained and then he turned to me. "I'm really sorry for dragging you to this."

"Harry, I told you that it's nothing. Please don't worry about it. Besides, I really like to start working as soon as possible." I assured him with a smile.

"Yeah, Harold. Don't worry about it. Look, she seems happy about the idea of working here, especially with you. What a lifesaver. Generous one too. Granting people's request."

I turned to look at Tomlinson. He was grinning from ear to ear, but I'd known this guy for too long to know what was behind that smile. He was being his usual self.

Sassy and sarcastic.

He really find entertainment in teasing and embarrassing me, huh.

"She really is a lifesaver. Thanks again, Emma." Harry beamed and after that, Tomlinson walked towards the kitchen, leaving Harry and me alone in the cash registry. "The reason why I asked you here is because I need to go to the grocery and buy some more ingredients for the making of pastries. I can't leave Louis alone so I asked for your help. But don't worry, I'll be right back as soon as possible."

He'd leave me with that imbecile jerk?

Seriously, Harry. Do you want a war in this shop?

"It's okay, Harry." I said, but deep down I know that it's a lie.

I'm not okay with it.

"I'll just go and change." He excused himself and then he went to the employee's door.

"Three requests, huh. What are you? A genie? Granting people's three wishes." I jumped in surprise the moment I heard Tomlinson's famous sarcastic remarks.

I turned around and faced him. "Stop being nosy and mind your own business." I snarled.

His upcoming speech was cut short the moment we saw Harry enter the room again.

"I'll go ahead now." Harry announced. "Louis, teach Emma how to man the registry first. I'll be right back as soon as I can."

I don't like that idea, Harry. Not at all.

It's like you're putting a cat and a dog in a small cage, both fighting for survival and territory.

Harry was heading to the door when suddenly he stopped and turned around. "Oh by the way Louis. Do you have anything to add on the list?" He politely asked.

I saw Tomlinson shook his head indicating a no. But then when his eyes zeroed in to mine, I saw him smirked as if an idea came into his mind.

"Oh yeah. There's something." He said with his tone full of amusement. "Could you buy me some lamp, Harold. You know, the ancient one. With a handle and a spout. You've seen Aladdin, right? Something like that." He explained enthusiastically.

"What?" Harry laughed. His face was a mixture of confusion and amusement.

"Oh, I was thinking, maybe I could find a gen---"

"Just go, Harry. Obviously he's joking. He's talking non-sense." I interjected and masked my irritation and annoyance with a laugh.

"Well, that's Louis for you. He's really the funny one." Harry commented and we both started to laugh. But the only difference, his was genuine and mine was forced.

And the joker? Yeah, he's smirking like an idiot. As usual.

"So I better go now. I'll leave you two alone. I'll be right back." Harry waved his hand as he walked out of the shop.

"The lamp, Harold. Don't forget the lamp!"

I took two calming breaths and closed my eyes.

Please be back as soon as possible.

I silently wished.

-- END OF CHAPTER 11 --

Thanks for reading.

What do you think will happen next? Share your thoughts. <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 1.2K 38
Girls like me don't get boys like him. Especially when that boy's name is Niall Horan. I'm just a girl from an average town in Wisconsin who came to...
233K 7.9K 52
This is my story to tell and I am going to tell it. This story is about a boy, he was so broken before he met the loves of his live. Louis William To...
407 0 40
One Direction fanfic :) Written By: Ms_Tomlinson91 MrsLexiStyles BrittanyWilson1 COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK :) Thanks loves <3 Love you <...
22.8K 309 75
[RE-EDITING] Niall Horan. The only one in One Direction who hasn't had a girlfriend in a few years. Management decides to hire him a girl from Americ...