On-Brand Loyalty - Off the Cl...

By OmegaKing99

A collection of non-canon one-shots associated with my Murder Drones story "On-Brand Loyalty". More

Christmas Short - Mandated Holiday
Valentine's Short - Prom Night
Q&A (4/14/2023)
Pest Control
Counselor Dror
It Came From Copper-9!
Halloween Short - A Small Scare
On-Brand Loyalty: Shift Change - Inciting Incident
Christmas Short 2 - Secret Santa
Day Off
Just a Prank
Discord Extras
D joins a Death Battle!

Q&A (11/25/2023) + Discord

461 20 9
By OmegaKing99

Alrighty! A week has passed and a good amount of you guys have submitted some interesting questions. This is between Wattpad and Archive of Our Own and a few people here did ask more than one question.

DasherFan

"What are your thoughts about the upcoming Murder Drones episode 7 and 8? What are you looking forward when it comes to characters, the story, or revelations?"

A-Simple-M1A2

"What are your theories for the last 2 episodes of season 1, if you have any?"

I can say I'm about as hyped as mostly everyone, albeit a little anxious given the finale is drawing near (whether there's another season planned or otherwise). I will say, given the very brief teaser, it seems like we're missing Tessa for a good bit which is a little disappointing and the church thing is throwing me a bit for a loop (although fitting, we've been hearing bell chimes within the soundtrack since the main theme, so that's good foreshadowing)

I'm just hoping we'll get a healthy dose of proper lore, and I'm talking about it being explained to us like we're pre-schoolers. I've been sick of dancing around it since the bait-and-switch with "Home" not being a real prequel episode. Although wouldn't hurt to have J show up and do something important (I'll at least settle for finally getting J merch, Lizzy has some for god's sake).

Otherwise, I currently have no real theories on it.

Lookaloo

"Will Dror's deceased parents be brought up in future chapters? Do they or one of them have a connection with characters like Nori and Yeva from the Cabin Labs?"

I can confirm that Dror's parents will be relevant at some point in the future, well beyond Prelude. And I can sufficiently say the characters of Dror's parents themselves won't be all that interesting, instead the circumstances that surround them and their death is the real focus. 

Also since I joked about it a bit, will confirm Alice and Dror are unrelated. They just happen to have similar aesthetics.

Nicky_The_JxN_Enthusiast

"How will the other murder drones react to seeing Dror?"

Obviously speaking I can't go into specifics with that, given that Dror will meet each of these characters in one way or another eventually, but I can list how each one views Worker Drones and you can draw your own conclusions from there:

Serial Designation D - Workers don't resonate at sentient beings to him, they are merely walking targets that only serve as food, tools to look good for the company, and most importantly a way to violently relieve stress. 

Serial Designation M - Similar to her squad leader, Workers as people doesn't factor to her. At best they're a good buffet.

Serial Designation W - No thoughts, head empty. He doesn't have any sort of opinion on Worker Drones, he just fulfills his objectives. 

Serial Designation Z - She has nothing against Worker Drones at all, if it weren't for the orders of the company and the threat of overheating then she'd simply just ignore them for the most part. But she doesn't feel any regret over killing them either, even she enjoys a good hunt and fulfilling the will of JCJenson matters greatly to her.

"What would Dror say to J about how rudely she treats N? I can imagine a chapter where Dror sees J abusing N like she did in the pilot (before said pilot) and Dror talking to her about how regardless of kill counts it's a rotten thing to do."

For the most part, Dror would probably let the incident run its course before going to J afterward when she cools off and try to convince her to avoid doing that, most likely convincing her by how pointless it is and instead drawing attention to how little it's helped N improve in the past. Dror wouldn't see her any differently for it, he's already aware of J's disdain for N and V so it's no surprise that harsh discipline would be a norm for hyper-aggressive murder machines. 

I should note though that Dror would only approach J because he and N are friends. If J were to be the only one he knew while N is a stranger, he would stay out of it and mind his own business. The act of bullying itself, while Dror's not fully okay with it, isn't something that'll convince him to step in. As I've alluded to before, Dror's morality isn't the best. This will definitely be something more apparent in the future, in fact I'm expecting there'll be times where readers will actively be against Dror for something he may say or actions he may do. I'm hoping for it.

Let's keep this in mind: Dror isn't simply a Worker Drone who befriended Murder Drones like Lizzy and V, he's a Worker Drone who sides with Murder Drones. That's a BIG distinction. 

"Would Dror and Tessa get along?"

Reasonably speaking, yes. I can't guarantee how they would interact in the future of the story, whether we eventually get to Tessa coming to Copper-9 or I find a way to insert Dror into the "Home" episode events but I can at least say they'd get along quite well. As some have noted, Tessa would definitely tease J about him, whether they'd be together by that point or not.

AlgerianWriter

"Here is a tip to give depth and complexity to your character. Plot Twist Dror was actually a human who passed on to Drone worker body, it will explain a lot."

So this wasn't a question but I did want to bring attention to it. Honestly on paper, it is a VERY fitting plot twist to have. Dror secretly being a human just works in a lot of ways between his loyalty to JCJenson, his body having defective issues like his height, feeling notable physical attraction for J and V given humans have that weird tendency (although it's pretty much canon in-universe now that Disassembly Drones are considered attractive), and not caring for Worker Drone death.

But as good as the idea is, it's cliche. There's a fair amount of "human turned drone" fanfics and I'd rather focus on the more unique aspect of what can be considered a anti-hero/potentially villainous Worker Drone protagonist (who isn't an AU Uzi). I'll hope you may find the backstory already set for Dror interesting enough on its own when the time comes. 

Poachmizer

"So you think that you can do a non-canon chapter of this story where you write about 3, 4, or 2 of your readers/followers OC Murder Drone characters where they meet Dror and the trio? Cause the reason why I asked this is because it has been a dream of mine to have my own OC character be a cameo in an Author's book and where the character or characters encounter the main characters of the book and maybe have a conversation with them."

No, probably not. I don't feel too comfortable with the idea of writing for characters created by other people personally speaking. I'm okay with the reverse, someone writing my characters interacting with their own but that's just me.

KevinGarcia840

"How are you going to write that the J that Dror is in love with is a clone of the original?"

So let's set a major ground rule real quick. First though, it's important to point out that we're still unaware of the "clone" context, namely if it's like a mass-produced thing or there just happens to be multiple cloned units for the main AI to be reactivated in. Either way, I think I'd rather just go with J being the original, although Dror meeting two different J's would be interesting to write for. Maybe an Off the Clock oneshot idea. 

But for that ground rule, in the words of good ol' Thanos himself, "No resurrections this time". In On-Brand Loyalty, the reveal that characters can be cloned and come back is invalid. Unless there are very specific circumstances around it, if a character in this story dies they die

Hayshi7107

"Q1: Who is your favorite character out of them all? I honestly love them all and I need someone else's opinion."

Think it's fairly obvious at this point but J's who I like the most, even with her meager screen time. I will say that V is a character who REALLY grew on me overtime while Uzi kinda did the opposite, loved her a lot at first but the more along the series we got plus stuff like the Nuzi romance she just kind of got less cool to me. Still like her though.

Oh and Doll's really great too, expect her to get a good amount of focus in On-Brand Loyalty in the future.

"Q2: Choose one: Claw, Acid, Sword, Gun, Rocket, Chainsaw, Bubbles, or the 'Totally Insanely Suspicious' Flag?"

Acid since it'd let me have a tail and that'd be AWESOME. I'd love to have a tail.

"Q3: How many more chapters can we expect until we reach the main storyline?"

Since we are currently at Month Seven and the arc finale will be the twelfth month (in this case, "Year One"), 5 chapters.

"Q4: Favorite Video Games?"

Well my #1 favorite video game is Devil May Cry 5 (PS4/PS5) with some threat of being dethroned by the recently released Final Fantasy 16 (PS5), love those games to death. But you specified "games" so here's a bunch I love and could easily go in a top favorites list:
Sonic Frontiers (PS5), Peter Jackson's King Kong (PS2), War of the Monsters (PS2), Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (PS3), Doom Eternal (PS4), Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage (PSX), Kirby and the Forgotten Land (Switch), Blazblue Cross Tag Battle (Switch), and Yu-Gi-Oh! Capsule Monsters Coliseum (PS2)

Yes, that last one's very random, I know.

"Q5: What sort of advice would you give to other authors who try to write their own unique stories/fanfictions?"

I'm not that good of a writer so I don't think my word will be all that unique compared to other advice but I'd just say have fun with it. Write the kind of story that, maybe a few months after writing it, you could go back to and read it as if you were a fan and enjoy it. That's what people say after all, write the kind of story you would read yourself. 

And maybe go for something original if you can. It can be very easy to get fans with a common or recycled premise, but if you do something you feel is new and unique then I feel writing it is more fulfilling. 

Thanks for the questions, and now for the Discord link. Please be responsible people:
https://discord.gg/yKYACX7yWz 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 2.1K 23
The non-mature story of you and a psycho drone working your romance out. #1 Non-mature Murder Drones story half of the time.
7.7K 225 10
Copper-9, an exoplanet with minerals to mine and a cheap, easy-to-make work force to mine them: Worker Drones. With Worker Drones comes Disassembly D...
3.1K 54 7
Its been three years since the events in the Cabin Fevers labs concluded. N and Tessa are the lone survivors, but even Tessa has long since left to d...
36.6K 791 82
As fate intertwines a chance encounter sets forth a riveting tale of unexpected connections. In the unforgiving expanse of a shattered world, where a...