Checkmate - THE FINAL LEVEL

By Love_Bri94

Could this be the end of an era? Mya and Chris face turmoil in their marriage for the last time. Will they b... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
🫠
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
TwentyOne
TwentyThree
TwentyFour
TwentyFive
TwentySix
TwentySeven
TwentyEight
TwentyNine
Thirty
ThirtyOne
ThirtyTwo

TwentyTwo

1.8K 140 125
By Love_Bri94

Chapter TwentyTwo
Chris Brown
Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Another successful show under my belt and I'm happy it's over. I can't lie, the energy I once had is long gone. Before, I could perform and still feel good but now, it takes me a few days to bounce back.

So, me and Mya have been cuddled up and enjoying each others presence. No sex involved. I'm trying to give her what she wants but man it's hard. Us having some alone time was needed for Mya too. The show was her first time being around a bunch of people since the incident and I noticed how uncomfortable she was. She'd help me change and lock herself in the dressing room until it was time for the next outfit. Afterwards when everybody wanted to stay around and drink she got a car and left. The people that knows what happened understood her actions but those who didn't thought she was upset with them.

This was the last thing I wanted her to go through.

Tonight was our date and I can't wait to put a smile on her face because it feels like I haven't seen it.

Getting up from our bed, I made my way downstairs to get the day going. The plan was to spoil my baby all day so I'm going to get everything started with a nice breakfast, compliments to the chef.

Eventually, I heard her footsteps and about 15 minutes later Mya walked into the kitchen. A smile peeled across my face just from being in her presence. "Good morning."

"Good morning." She said while walking up to me. We shared a kiss before she turned and looked at the food. "Woah, this is a lot of food."

"I know." I laughed. "I always overdo it but I wanted you to have options."

"Mmhm, where's everybody? Outside?"

"They should be back in LA by now."

Mya looked up at me. "Oh really?"

"Yeah, it's just me and you for the next 48 hours. And you can walk around naked if you want to."

"Last time I stripped naked, I had an audience." She said while picking up a plate. I watched her as she stared at the food and whatever she was interested in, she'd have to move it around and inspect it before placing it on her plate.

"Mya, you trust me right?"

"Right."

"Then you should know that you don't have to inspect anything that I give you."

"I was— sorry." She sighed while sitting down at the counter. "I knew I would end up getting in my head over this."

"I don't blame you, but you gotta know you safe with me and the people that genuinely love and care about you." Wrapping my arms around her, I placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

"So what are we doing today?"

"Getting a peace of mind before tonight. It's been a long two weeks and I want you calm and relaxed for our first date."

"Sounds good to me."

"So let's eat this good ass breakfast, then go climb back in bed and find something to binge on Netflix."

"My favorite thing to do. You got my favorite snacks?"

I opened the cabinet and pulled out a big box. Mya came and opened it and it was truly a kid in a candy store. "Of course I got your favorites."

"Oh my gosh! Forget this breakfast." She tried to open a snickers but I snatched it out her hand.

"Aht, that's after you eat. Just like yo damn kids."

"And you swear you're my daddy." Mya rolled her eyes while going back over to the food and make her a plate.

"Nah, I'm papi." Biting down on my lip, I grabbed my dick. She tried her hardest to fight the smile wanting to peel wide across her face. I'm really trying to do this no sex thing for her but man it's hard. Especially since I know how good that pussy is. But I want things perfect this time. Whatever she wants, she gets

Once we ate breakfast, I grabbed our snacks and Mya's hand and we went upstairs. We probably got through two movies before we both were tangled in each other's arms and fast asleep.

The sound of my alarm caused me to jump up. Exhaling I grabbed it and checked the time then turned it off. It was 6 and now time for us to get ready for tonight.

"Baby, wake up." Wrapping my arms around her, I pulled her close and kissed her cheek.

"Holding me tighter isn't going to get me up." She laughed.

Laughing too, I pulled back and got up to stretch. "My bad."

"You're good. That nap was amazing though."

"It was, we managed to sleep for, four hours."

"Damn." Mya got up. "I think you needed that though. I see you're not the same young grasshopper after shows that you once were."

"Yeah and I don't perform as much as I used to so it takes a while for me to bounce back after a show. Don't act like I don't still got it though."

"You still do ya thing. I'll never take that from you."

"Long as you know. Ya husband still the GOAT babe."

Mya gagged. "Ugh, you just used a title."

Even though she tryna play me, I couldn't help but smile due to the memories that flooded my brain. Wrapping an arm around her I pulled her close. "You sound like the Mya that used to front like she ain't want me."

"I didn't want you."

"You still lying?! After all these years you still lying. That's crazy."

"What makes you think I wanted you?"

"I don't know maybe you fucking me after three days of fronting and cuddling afterwards."

"I was curious to know what the dick was like Chris. If that's the case then yes, I did want you for sex." She laughed.

"And when you got to LA you didn't hesitate to link up with me, like you swore you wouldn't."

"Because you knew how to fuck, duh."

"Then why did you get jealous when ol'girl called me the first time we met up then."

"I— I wasn't jealous."

"Then what do you call it?" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Me not wanting to share good dick."

"Ha! Okay Mya. You're in denial sweetheart. You were supposed to be this player and all it took was little ol' me to come around and tie you down."

"Yeah whatever. What time does this date start?"

I smirked. "You got a few hours."

"Cool."

"Look, let's have a fresh start since you don't want to admit that you were smitten by me. Let's pretend we don't know each other. It can be like a real first date."

"I don't just go on dates with randoms."

"But you fucked me, a random man when we first met and there was another thing you that you let a random woman do but we won't live in the past."

"Yeah like when you had a threesome with two random sluts while I was pregnant with your son."

"I said we're not living in the past. Get dressed, I'll see you out back."

"Out back?! Nigga you not taking me out to an actual restaurant?"

"I don't like to be seen out in public with randoms." I flipped her off before walking out the room. I could hear her laughing. Hopefully tonight will be about moving forward and not what happened back then.

•••

Standing near our set up on the beach, I glanced at the table waiting for Mya or this lady that I'm meeting for the first time. Haha.

I told her to be out here by 8, it's 8:15 and she still ain't here. Strike 1.

Grabbing my phone I got ready to call but she came walking down the marble pathway. She looked beautiful and when I saw what she had on the biggest smiled peeled across my face.

It was the orange dress.

Only thing she was missing was the long curly hair but her natural curls made up for it. Even her make up was nearly identical. A few things changed because of Mya's make up preferences being different. 

Getting up from my seat, I walked over to her.

"Are you Chris?" She played along, making me even happier.

"Yeah, Mya?"

"That's me." She was trying to control her laugh. We're just getting started and I'm loving it already. "Nice to meet you. Sorry I was late, I couldn't find anything to wear."

"That dress looks amazing on you."

"Thanks, believe it or not I haven't worn it in ten years."

"Could've fooled me. Let's have a seat." I led her over to the table and pulled out her chair, once she sat down I went over to my seat. "So Mya tell me about yourself."

"Um, well you know my name is Mya, I'm 35, a Virgo. I was born and raised in Miami, I have three kids biologically and a step daughter who I love so much."

"Damn four kids?"

She gave me a straight face. "Yeah, anyway I'm recently divorced, I own a few businesses, and I'm just ready to get back into the dating scene you know."

"Recently divorced, tell me more about that. How did you lose an amazing man— I mean how did a man lose someone as amazing as you."

"You're going to make me break character being stupid." She laughed while throwing her napkin at me. "But my ex husband let his selfishness come in between what we built. I had my share in it as well but he pushed us across that line."

I nodded. "Do you still love him?"

"Absolutely— I mean no, ugh."

"Nice save."

"Tell me about you Chris."

"I'm boring, you don't want to hear about me."

"We all have a story, tell me yours." Mya said before sipping her wine.

"Well first and foremost, I'm old as hell. No need for specifics. Born and raised in VA, moved to Cali my home away from home. Got four kids, might have two more."

"Bullshit."

"Don't interrupt me and since you did, let's make it three more."

"Whatever. What do you do for a living?"

"Um, I'm kind of famous. I don't know if you've ever heard of Chris Brown. Got a few albums, did a few movies, won a Grammy, some even say I'm the closest thing to Michael Jackson."

"Never heard of you and closest thing to MJ is crazy!"

"They just saying anything huh?"

"Yeah, they are. I'll look you up when I get home tonight and see if they're lying."

"I can sing to you in person before I put you to bed if you want."

"You're cute, tell me more about you."

"Recently divorced, one of the worst things that ever happened to me. I let an idiotic moment cause me to lose the best thing that ever happened to me."

"Do you think you've learned from your idiotic moment?"

"I learned the minute I got those papers."

"Do you still love her?"

Leaning forward, I looked deep in her eyes. "I'll never stop. Even if she decides that this second chance isn't worth her time I'll still love her more than anything."

We just stared at each other until tears formed in her eyes making her look away. I watched as she blinked the tears away and used a free napkin to dab the one that fell.

The table grew tense and quiet.

"I'm scared Chris." Mya finally spoke up.

"I know."

"What are the possibilities of us getting it wrong again? What if this is just all a waste of time?"

"I don't know how I can prove to you that it's not. You say you trust me, is that true?"

She finally looked at me but never said anything.

"I'm guessing the answer is no." I said.

"Not completely. We have to work towards that and I'd be a liar if I said that those what ifs won't constantly be in the back of my mind."

"I won't hurt you."

"I've heard that before."

"Believe me then."

"I want to so badly." She closed her eyes and shook her head.

"What you want from me Mya? I thought we had an understanding."

"I just want you to know that it's going to take more than this. You did all of this the first time, I need something different. You gotta make me feel secure again. I don't want to always feel like there's a possibility that you might slip up. I want to be so confident when I call you mines again. I want to be able to proudly say that's my man. You gave me that then look what happened."

"Mya..." As badly as I wanted to keep this going, I was over it. No matter what I said, no matter what I did shit was never going to be the same. We'll always have the wedge because I fucked up.

Before our conversation could continue the Chef brought out our first course.

We focused on our food and our phones.

The chef offered dessert but I barely touched what he made and I felt bad because it was good, my appetite was just gone.

I went back to focusing on my phone when our table was cleared. That went on for a few minutes before it was pulled out my hand. I looked up at Mya who was now standing next to me.

"Wanna go for a walk?" She asked.

"Sure."

Grabbing her hand that she had held out, I got up and we made our way closer to the water.

"I ruined the night didn't I?"

Shrugging, I placed my hands behind my back. "I can't force you to be with me. I know it's going to take a lot for us to get back to what we were and I'm willing to do it all but it just seems like you're going to have that doubt no matter what. It's human nature, so I get it. I've betrayed you more than once. Shit just confusing with you Mya. One minute you're ready and willing and the next it's something different. I don't want to do this until you're completely sure."

Mya stopped walking, causing me to turn and look at her. "So say it then."

"Say what?"

"That we shouldn't keep doing this."

"Why do I have to say it? So you'll have something else to be mad at me about? You know what Mya, alright. Let's not do this. I want to fight for you and you know it but I'm not about to drive myself crazy to fucking do it. It seems like that's what you want."

"It's not what I want. I just want reassurance. You owe me that."

"How many times do I have to tell you that I'm not going to hurt you Mya?!"

"Until I feel like I can believe what you're telling me!"

"See what I'm saying, this shit a game to you."

"Put yourself in my shoes for one second Chris. After what I did and I turned around and hurt you again, you divorced me but I wanted you back. Would you just welcome me with open arms?"

"I never said that none of this was gone be easy but it's like once we start making progress, you step back."

"And I told you that this isn't easy for me."

"So why do it?"

"Because despite everything I love you! Every day I try to remind myself of the good times and the good man that I know you're capable of being. I try to imagine me not growing old with you and it's impossible Chris. You're right I do get into my head and pull back sometimes. I want to be free with you. I miss that so much you don't even understand. It's going to take time. Things aren't going to happen overnight and like I told you before I just don't want to jump right in. We can date, we can have fun but I need everything to be at a steady pace. Let's be friends first, get to know a different side of each other. I want to be able to forget the past just as much as you want me to. It's just a process, that's all."

Groaning, I ran my hands down my face. "So friends, huh?"

"Yes...best friends." She smiled.

"And how long is this supposed to last?"

"As long as it needs to. Haven't we learned our lesson with jumping back into our relationship when we're not ready to. It always causes other issues. I want to avoid that."

"I hear you."

"I know you want instant results Chris but I want perfection and if I can't get that, I don't want it."

"Okay...I can respect that but my not engaging with others rule still stands."

"I let you date though."

"You forced me to date. You constantly reminded me that I was single so I tested the waters and you see what the hell happened. She drugged you."

"Oh yeah. You think my new man might drug you?"

"No ima drug his ass."

Laughing she wrapped her arms around me. "I still love you more than anything."

"I love you more, always." I held onto her face and placed two gentle kisses on her lips. "Come on let's go finish binge watching our movies and shows."

"Let's go."

•••
Later That Night

"I see our private beach, isn't so private." Mya said while turning her phone to me.

It was us on Hollywood Unlocked, on the beach kissing.

"Chris Brown and ex wife spotted in heated makeout session in Jamaica." I read. "It was two small kisses. Man they be exaggerating."

"Comment's chewing me up per usual. But I made sure to let them know whats up."

Opening the comments I searched for hers.

myasworld - mine forever 🫶🏽

"Not you sending mixed signals to these people and me after putting me in the damn friend zone AGAIN!"

She laughed while snatching her phone. "You are mine forever no matter what our status is...you know what would've been crazy?"

"What?"

"If they got a picture of me giving you head out there. That would've been wild."

"Shit they might still be out there. Let's go back out, you suck me up and see if it end up on the blogs."

"Boy fuck you."

"We'd break the internet with that one."

"I'm starting an onlyfans and posting our videos."

"Damn we gone be rich as fuck. I need 75% not only was I fucking you, I was recording so that's double the work."

"Nigga it's videos of me recording too so don't do that. You'll get your 30%."

I looked at her like she was crazy. "30%?! You out yo damn mind girl."

"It's my onlyfans! You want more, start yo own."

"I will and you ain't getting shit."

"If my body is in it, I'm getting something."

"Yeah okay....you heard about that ceiling challenge."

"Yes, I have."

"We should do that. One last rodeo before this just friends thing goes into effect."

"I'm not fucking you."

"Why not? You said my dick was good earlier."

"It is but I'm not fucking you, simple as that."

"Okay Mya." Shifting in bed, I fixed my hard dick. Just the thought of that view of her bouncing on my shit got ya boy ready. I looked at her through my peripheral and she was staring.

Got heeeeer.

"You're so manipulative."

"Should we go see if they got some tape around here?"

She didn't say anything, just got out of bed and walked out the room. Getting up with a smile I followed after her.

We about to have some fun. Talk about going out with a bang!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.8K 1.1K 49
Official Sequel to "The Secrets We Keep" We are picking up right were we left Lauren and Camila Last. In the Hospital in Jacksonville with everyone...
666K 17K 52
Christine has been through so much already. Bullying , abuse , heartbreaks , drama. She is just starting to relax & live a stress free life once agai...
74.5K 2.4K 35
Battling her demons due to the loss of her father, Snowlene moves to Chicago to live with her fashion icon, aunt. During this time, she runs into RnB...
7.5K 195 26
Brendon and Ryan's relationship becomes strained after Brendon discovers that Ryan is cheating on him. Then, Brendon gets really sick, which could on...