The RGB Siblings

By NinjafanLL007

The Smith siblings, Kai and Nya, together with their little foster brother, Lloyd, try to survive their diffi... More

Character Descriptions
Chapter 1. Life
Chapter 2. Change
Chapter 3. Siblings
Chapter 4. Raindrops
Chapter 5. Found Pt. 1
Chapter 7. Tour
Chapter 8. Training
Chapter 9. Diagnosis
Chapter 10. Written
Chapter 11. Interruptions
Chapter 12. Progress
Chapter 13. Drawing
Chapter 14. Mission

Chapter 6. Found Pt. 2

548 17 23
By NinjafanLL007

"Did you get the girl?"

"Yes, she's here!"

"Are there any more people down there?"

Lloyd's eyelids fluttered open for exactly one second before they became too heavy to hold open.

"My brother… please… help my brother…"

'Kai…' Lloyd thought dazedly, wondering where his brother was. His head was pounding and he felt weak.

"There's a little boy down here!"

"Is he alive?"

"I don't know."

Lloyd felt himself being pulled out of wherever it was he'd been stuck in, and was then picked up by… someone. He was carried somewhere by, again, someone. All he could tell aside from that was that he was extremely cold despite being thoroughly wrapped in what felt like a blanket. 

"Does he have a pulse? Have you checked if he's alive? Is he breathing?"

"I don't know. His feet are really cold."

"Get him into the ambulance."

"Lloyd!"

The final voice belonged to Kai. Why did he sound so scared?

Lloyd tried to move or open his eyes, but it felt as though something was forcing him to stay dead still. Something very sticky was keeping his eyelids together and the coldness had frozen his limbs. He tried to at least stay awake, but the second he felt himself being handed to another person, darkness consumed him again.

🍀•🍀•🍀

Lloyd was extremely tired, very dizzy and ridden with shock from the incident, but was simultaneously astonished. 

Having awoken in what he assumed to be a small hospital in the village nearest to their home, the little blond found himself quite confused over everything he saw. Everything was so unfamiliar and new. He was lying on a semi-comfortable bed next to all the other injured children and had all kinds of beeping machines around him. Considering the severity of the incident, he had survived the landslide with little to no injuries aside from cuts, bruises, a broken ankle and a fractured finger. However, that didn't mean he wasn't completely exhausted and a little nauseous. The same went for Kai and Nya apparently, but Lloyd couldn't be sure as they were in another room with most adults.

Lloyd stared at the concrete walls of the hospital, fiddling with the elephant plushie he had been given and occasionally making eye contact with the other children. None of them spoke, but the little girl lying on a bed opposite from him gave him a small smile. Lloyd didn't exactly understand why the girl was smiling. They didn't know each other and he had done nothing to deserve a smile.

The blond soon noticed a young female nurse walking over to him with a kind look in her eyes.

"How are you feeling, sweetheart?" The nurse asked.

Lloyd stayed silent. Why did she ask that? He had already gotten his ankle and finger tended to and cuts disinfected, so why did she care about how he was feeling? 

"You must be pretty shaken after everything you've been through. Poor boy."

Lloyd blinked and ran his finger down the trunk of the elephant plushie. He figured he was, indeed, 'shaken', but honestly couldn't be sure. It was hard for him to determine his current emotional state. Not that it was ever easy for him. He could recognize other people's emotions but not so much his own.

"Would you like to watch something? On a phone?" The nurse asked.

Lloyd just now noted how many of the children around him appeared to be using some types of cell phones. He himself had never even seen a cell phone, let alone used one. Even Rita had not owned one.

"I can give you a phone to use if you want. You could watch YouTube or anything you like."

The nurse's words were practically gibberish to Lloyd. He didn't have the faintest idea what YuuTobe was. Despite his lack of knowledge, he accepted the small phone the nurse carefully handed him. He just about managed to turn the phone on, but had no idea what to do next. There were at least a billion different little icons on the screen and behind them was an image of the First Spinjitzu Master's monastery.

By what Lloyd identified as a miracle, he was able to find some type of a… thing where there were lots of other… things. They looked like some strange sorts of movies. One was called LEGO Friends — whatever that meant — and another one was titled Cocomelon. They all looked very strange to Lloyd. He ended up tapping on what was named LEGO DreamZzz. His guess about these things being some types of short movies was confirmed soon after.

Lloyd found himself quite excited, since this was the first time he had ever watched a film. He'd only ever heard of movies existing through Nya, who had even seen a TV in real life.

Lloyd spent a good hour watching that bunch of mini-movies and trying all kinds of things with the phone. He was just about to figure out what was the thing called BorgMessage, when the nurse returned and gave him a kind smile again. 

"Your uncle is here, sweetheart."

Lloyd frowned in confusion. What uncle? He didn't have any uncles. Not that he had any biological family, for that matter. Maybe it was a mistake. Maybe some uncle was looking for his nephew who just happened to be named Lloyd or looked similar.

Just a short moment later, Lloyd watched as a man with olive skin identical to his, a white beard and brown eyes walked over to his bed. The man wore a straw hat and a white gi and carried a wooden staff with him. He gazed at Lloyd in a way the boy didn't remember anyone having looked at him before. Well, that didn't require a lot. Not a lot of people had had the chance to look at him anyway. Basically just Kai, Nya and Rita. And Rita's dead dogs.

"Hello Lloyd," the man greeted.

Lloyd stayed silent, his fingers curling tighter around the stuffed animal's leg.

"You've never really met me before, but my name is Wu and I'm your paternal uncle," Wu told him.

Lloyd studied him from head to toe, not uttering a single word. He didn't trust this man and didn't feel like talking to him. Besides, Kai had told him not to talk to strangers and he was going to obey him for a change.

"Gosh, I wish I had come sooner," Wu sighed, his eyes resting on the bandaids and bandages all over Lloyd's body. "None of this would've happened to you."

Did this man have the power to stop landslides then? He kind of looked like a guy, who'd possess some strange, dope, superhero powers. Or maybe he was a wizard like the one Nya had told him endless stories about. The one with a scar on his forearm — or forehead — either of those. And he did have that staff that kind of looked like a broomstick… 

Wu looked Lloyd in the eyes again, which made the boy quickly avert his gaze. He didn't like eye contact with strangers, so he directed his eyes to stare at the plushie in his hands, still wondering whether or not this man was a wizard.

"I heard you have foster siblings. Kai and Nya."

How this man knew that, Lloyd did not know, but he nodded all the same.

"Are they doing all right?"

The boy shrugged. He hadn't seen his siblings at all, but had only heard from a nurse that they were alive and not severely injured. And he could vaguely remember hearing Kai's voice at some point, but wasn't sure when that had been. It had sounded as though he'd been arguing with a nurse, which wasn't surprising.

"You seem a little shy," Wu commented with a smile.

That was what Kai and Nya had always said. Admittedly, he was shy. Well, at least somewhat. Whenever he was alone with his siblings, they prayed for him to shut his mouth, which Lloyd usually made sure not to do. But whenever strangers were present, not a single sound left his mouth.

"I know this must all feel quite strange to you," Wu continued. "I umh… I came here because your old teacher and my friend, Neuro, told me you'd be here. I've been searching for you for years now, and finally found you with his help."

And Lloyd was once again bewildered. This man, who claimed to be his uncle, had been searching for him for years? Well, if he really had, then he must've been quite bad at hide and seek. Lloyd hadn't even been hiding anywhere and it had taken him years to find him.

"You're probably quite confused about everything right now, so I'll try to find a better time to explain everything to you. All I'd like you to know now is that I'm here if you need anything. And if you want, I can give you a new home once you get discharged." Wu shifted uncomfortably after saying that. It was clear he was not in his element.

Lloyd understood about half of what his "uncle" had just uttered. He couldn't understand what he meant by "I'm here if you need anything". There were probably lots of things he needed, but why did this man care? They didn't know each other and he wasn't anyhow responsible for him. Why did he want to bother? And as for the word "discharged", to Lloyd it was absolute gibberish. He'd thought only cell phones got charged, and had had no idea there was such a thing as discharging. Was it like… anti-charging? Reverse charging? Taking back that weird life energy phones had?

"Um, would it be okay if I talked to your siblings? Just to get some information," Wu asked after a moment or two.

Lloyd nodded hesitantly. The minute the straw hat man had left, he grabbed his cell phone again and tried to figure out how to use what was called Google. Nya had told him it was the best thing to use for research on the spidernet, so he wanted to try it. He was even able to use some type of a turn-voice-into-text feature on the device, which managed to pick up on his little whisper and transform it into a neat sentence.

Search: Can you anti-charge people?

🔥~🔥~🔥

"So… you're Lloyd's uncle?" Kai questioned, staring at the man sitting between his and Nya's hospital beds. He had introduced himself as Master Wu, Lloyd’s long-lost paternal uncle. 

"Yes, that's right," Master Wu replied.

Kai tilted his head at him, only to quickly return it into its earlier position as his neck ached. He used his left, uninjured arm to move the pillows behind him to support his head better in order to minimize the discomfort.

"And you found him this late, because our old teacher just now informed you about his whereabouts?" Nya asked, raising her eyebrow.

Wu nodded. "Yes, and he also mentioned you two, since… well, he found it important."

Kai's flawless internal lying detector was alerting him that this man, doubtedly Lloyd's uncle, was not telling them everything. His tone and hand movements indicated he was not quite lying, but was avoiding the complete truth.

"And… what about Lloyd's own parents?" Nya asked.

"And why did you come now?" Kai inquired.

"And why wasn't Lloyd given to you in the first place?"

"And why—?"

"Hold on," Wu interrupted. "There is a lot I need to explain to you, but those things should not be discussed with so many people likely to overhear us. But as for Lloyd's parents, I have no idea where either one is or if they are alive."

"Okay, well, why did you come here now after twelve years?" Kai asked, his tone unintentionally rude.

Wu shifted again, making the brunet frown. "Well, my intention was always to find Lloyd and give him a proper home. And now that your own home has been destroyed and your guardian has left you—"

"Wait, Rita left us?" Nya cut in.

"Where is she getting money then? I thought she'd cling to us as long as she can," Kai commented.

Wu gazed at the siblings in turns. "All I know is that she no longer wants to foster you... which I imagine must be difficult to hear—"

"Pfft! Difficult?" Kai interrupted. "This is the best thing that has ever happened to us!"

If Wu hadn't already looked confused, now he did.

Nya rolled her eyes at her brother before explaining to the old man, "Rita fostered us only to get money and basically treated us like slaves, especially Lloyd. Therefore we can't be very sad over getting rid of her."

"...I see," Wu replied, nodding. "Either way, I have looked into some legal stuff and as Lloyd is underage, the government must either put him back into the foster care system or give him to a relative. As his uncle, I'd like to become his legal guardian and take him to Ninjago City with—"

"Ninjago City?!" Kai shouted. "Wait… but, no! Please! Don't take him from us! He would be miserable and we—"

"Kai, calm down," Wu said in a calm tone. "You didn't let me finish. I was about to ask if you two would like to come live in the monastery I own, too. As far as I'm aware, you're of age, Kai, so you could get guardianship over your sister, which would also allow all three of you to stay together."

Kai calmed down, relieved the man wasn't going to take Lloyd from them. He didn't know what he would do if he was ever separated from his brother like that.

"Um… did you really say you live in a monastery?" Nya asked, rubbing her injured foot a little.

"Yes, with three ninjas and my son." Wu nodded.

Kai frowned. Who on Earth was this man? And why did he want all of them to come to his… monastery all of a sudden?

"Can I ask… why exactly do you want to take us in? Like, I get why you would want Lloyd if he's your nephew, but why us too?"

Wu seemed to consider his words for a moment, which raised Kai's suspicions. "Well, there are lots of reasons, but first and foremost, while I want to reconnect my nephew with his family, I don't want to separate him from you. Also, I see you have nowhere else to go, so I find the arrangement only suitable. There are other reasons as well, but those I will tell you when the time is right."

The siblings nodded slowly.

"Did you tell Lloyd about this yet?" Nya queried.

"I mentioned it briefly, but I intend to tell him more later. He seemed quite shy around me," the master responded.

"He's extremely shy around everyone aside from us," the ravenette explained. "He kind of gets paralyzed around strangers and simply cannot speak even if he needs to."

"I see." Wu nodded.

"And it's because Rita terrorized him so much and kept him locked in the house," Kai added in, his tone filled with loathing towards their former foster monster.

Wu didn't say anything, but looked a little concerned. 

"She didn't keep him completely locked in, just… mostly," Nya corrected. Her tone, however, exposed her hatred towards Rita. "She never let him go further than several yards from our house and when she let him go there, it was because he had to go wash or fix something."

"And she didn’t let him go to school."

"Or really anywhere. Rita had him do an unrealistic amount of chores and beat him if he left anything undone."

Wu simply nodded, though looking more and more worried. He muttered something to himself, stroking his amazingly long beard in thought. 

While Lloyd's newfound uncle seemed kind and helpful, Kai still had some doubts about him. It was his job to protect his younger siblings and he wouldn't have ever forgiven himself if he'd blindly trusted someone and let something bad happen to Lloyd or Nya. This whole landslide incident was already bad enough and Kai had almost had a heart attack when he'd seen his little brother being carried down the slope in a blanket, like most dead bodies were.

Therefore, he was going to keep an eye on this "Master Wu".

🍀•🍀•🍀

After another agonizing day of waiting, seeing his "uncle" occasionally and learning how to use the cell phone, Lloyd finally saw a familiar person entering the room he was recovering in.

Kai.

Though, accompanied by Wu.

"Hi Greenie," Kai greeted, coming towards Lloyd's bed. He was walking a bit stiffly, clearly watching out for his neck and arm. He also had a band-aid over the corner of his eye.

Lloyd let out a quiet hum in response and reached his hands up at Kai already before he was in his reach. The older brother leaned down to envelope him in a hug that the youngling accepted more than gladly.

"Kai, is that man really my uncle?" Lloyd whispered immediately. He had been dying to ask that, wanting some form of confirmation.

"At least he claims so. And I can see a resemblance between you two," Kai murmured. "And he doesn't seem dangerous and has been helping us out."

"He said something about giving us a new home…"

"Yeah, he told us the same." Kai pulled away, sitting down on the edge of the bed. "I don't really know how that would work out, but I don't think we have anything to lose anymore."

Lloyd gripped his elephant plush. "What about Gargoyle?"

Kai sighed. "Apparently she's left. She doesn't want us anymore."

Lloyd simply nodded. He honestly didn't feel sad or anything. Of course he missed his home a little and even found himself yearning for the safety of the small pantry, but Rita leaving his life did not cause him any distress. He actually couldn't believe it. He'd never have to get hit or locked in the basement again. He would be able to clean and wash stuff without Rita yelling and throwing objects at him. He could exist without being called a brat, an idiot, a bastard, a whoreson or a waste of money. And he'd never have to hear Rita telling him to disappear, get out of her face, drown or just die. He'd never have to endure that again. That was, unless his uncle was like that too. He didn't seem anything like Rita, but Lloyd couldn't be sure yet. According to Kai, people could easily appear kind and helpful at first, but stab you in the back the next second. No idea why they'd choose the back instead of the far more vulnerable chest, but Lloyd still understood the message.

Suddenly, a very frustrated nurse hurried over to them, holding her hands on her hips. She had curly hair, lots of wrinkles and a super large nose. "Mr. Smith, I did not give you permission to leave your bed. You still need rest."

Lloyd saw Kai give him a bored look and could just about understand what he mouthed to him. Either he said "That mold rag is canoeing" or "That old hag is annoying". Probably the latter one was correct. Either way, Lloyd gave him a little grin as a response.

After receiving a temporary goodbye from his brother, Lloyd watched as Kai slowly and stiffly walked away with the "old hag" who appeared to keep preaching to him about the importance of obeying the nurses. And so he was left alone with his presumed uncle again. The older man took a seat beside his bed, giving him a friendly smile. Lloyd still didn't understand why he was so kind to him. He hadn't done anything to deserve it and this man didn't love him like Kai and Nya did, so that couldn't make him smile either.

"How are you feeling today?" Wu asked.

Lloyd stayed silent, mainly focusing his attention on the elephant plushie. He occasionally glanced at his maybe-uncle, but didn't make direct eye contact at any moment.

"You don't really feel like talking, do you?"

Lloyd shook his head a little.

"Would it be okay if I asked you yes or no questions? You could answer without talking."

Lloyd figured that would be okay. At least he wouldn't have to feel the pressure to speak. So, he nodded.

"Are you feeling better than yesterday?" The uncle asked.

Lloyd nodded. His smaller cuts had healed uncommonly fast and his ankle felt much better already. Even the black-haired male nurse, who had checked up on him that morning, had been surprised by some of his less severe injuries having disappeared overnight. For example, he had had a fairly deep cut on his forearm the previous evening, but this morning the very same spot had been completely cut-less and looked like nothing had ever even come close to touching it.

Lloyd's own, internal hospital must've been well-staffed.

"Lloyd." Wu's careful tone made the blond glance up at him and keep his gaze somewhere around his forehead. "Just out of curiosity, has anything strange ever happened to or around you?"

Lloyd's wild mind skidded to a halt and paused to ponder on this question. Strange things happened to everyone, but lately Lloyd had started to feel like the strange things that happened to him were extra strange. The fire at their school had been quite strange, not to mention the rain stopping a tree from crushing him. And the green spark. The little green spark he had seen at the time of the landslide. Up until now he had kept telling himself he had dreamt it all up in his head, but now he wasn't sure anymore.

But what did that mean? Was he a wizard?

"Strange things such as… abnormal appetite… changes or new features… in some parts of your body?"

Well, no. Lloyd had not hit puberty yet. Although… he did have some special skills. He was entirely able to look directly at the sun without feeling anything out of the ordinary. Or at least he thought so; Kai had never let him stare at the sun long enough for him to be entirely sure. Also, he was able to hold his breath for a long time, and his fingernails were so hard they required garden scissors to be cut.

Lloyd ended up nodding hesitantly.

Wu nodded his head too. "Yes, that's what I thought." He then muttered to himself, "The signs must have begun to occur."

So, Lloyd was a wizard? That sounded cool. Could he turn beetles into buttons with a flick of a special, wooden stick too?

"Anyway," Wu cleared his throat before continuing. "I've looked more into some legal things, and I think a DNA test will be required before guardianship over you can be granted to me."

Lloyd nodded. He was actually excited about that. He had always wanted to know more about DNA, and seeing a real DNA test be made sounded dope.

"Then, if and when it is confirmed we are related by blood, the court can decide on relative placement."

The look on Lloyd's face probably told Wu he had no idea what his final words meant.   

"Do you know what relative placement is?" Wu asked, leaning closer.

The boy shook his head.

"Well, when a minor cannot be cared for by his parents, he or she is placed either in foster care like you were or given to a relative. Now that your foster guardian has wished to no longer care for you and there is no sign of your parents, I, as your only remaining relative, could be granted guardianship."

Lloyd blinked. He sort of understood what his supposed uncle meant. 

“And once that happens, I could take you and your siblings to live near Ninjago City with me.”

Lloyd’s eyes widened slightly. Ninjago City? As in, the capital city with those giant, flat houses stacked on top of each other and colorful lights everywhere? The biggest city in Ninjago, where everybody had a washing machine and those heater thingies.

"Would you like to hear more about where I live?" Wu asked kindly, having clearly picked up on Lloyd’s immense interest.

The boy nodded, already imagining a house situated in the huge city, one with lots of windows and even a dishwasher.

"I live in an old monastery on a tall mountain. There are lots of rooms for meditation, training, reading, practicing different things and living in general. I live there with my three students and my son, Morro. Morro is only a year older than you."

Lloyd was smiling inwardly. He felt a funny, tingling sensation in his stomach. He'd heard about monasteries before and knew they were usually big and had whole entire libraries in them. Though, he’d never heard of a monastery being owned by a master with students,  only ones occupied by monks in nicely colored robes. Either way, he didn't have to do a lot of thinking to know whether or not he wanted to live in a monastery.

"So, it'll probably take a while until you get out of the hospital, but after that, if you so want, you can come to live with us at the monastery," Wu said. "Do you want to?"

Did Lloyd want to live in a huge monastery with his siblings, a boy around his age, his uncle and some random students? Did he want to live in a place where his daily work could be easier with modern things like a dishwasher and a washing machine? 

He did not have to think twice before nodding.

Wu smiled, looking somehow very happy. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98K 2.6K 38
What happenes when Kai is in a bad state of depression because he keeps his feelings bottled up about his feelings for Lloyd. But what happens when Z...
118K 2.6K 42
Lloyd Garmadon, The Green Ninja, was always interested in (Y/N). Even though they barely talk... but can one dark secret bring them together? Can he...
9.4K 261 39
(Takes place during March of the Oni) (Book Cover is mine! Please don't take it without permission!) Lloyd is the green ninja and Harumi is the Quie...
30.4K 637 46
A whole year has passed after Nya's sacrifice. Many of the Ninja had deserted from the team to do their own personal things, however that wouldn't la...