Raunak: The Essence of Life

By Dabba21

Story of a forgotten princess who does even know about her identity who is she? Raunak an illegitimate daught... More

Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 3

101 4 0
By Dabba21

(Not Edited)
Hi guys!!!!!!! 

I have dropped a new chapter for you guys. Please support my stories and tell me how you are liking the story. 

Tell me what do you all think about the progress we have made with our characters. 

Enjoy!!!😊😊

Next morning, I woke up with the sun rays hitting my face. I sat up on the bed and looked at unknown surrounding around me. Then suddenly everything came crashing down on me. I sat up from the bed and looked out of the balcony to find the sun has risen completely, showing me that I am late. Rana sa was not even in the room, he must have woke up early and gone to his royal duty.

I heard a voice of anklets and saw some maids coming into the room. I recognised Soni among them. She come to me with few other maids and others started cleaning the room.

"Rani sa, Maharani ji has called for your first kitchen ceremony" she said to me.

"okay but firstly I should get ready" I said to her gently.

"Okay Rani sa, come with me" she said.

She started walking towards the bathroom adjoint to his room. In morning light I can see it clearly. It has a very big waterfall like structure at one end with a lake like structure to the whole bathroom. Even the bathroom of this kingdom is this beautiful and royal look to it.

She gave me a white cotton cloth to wrap around me, as I was not very comfortable to get naked in front of so many people even if they were girls. I never had anyone in my kingdom to help me bath, so I was just not habitual to it. After bath I wore my lehanga and choli and entered our room. I sat on a wooden furniture In front of a mirror and soni started doing my hair.

"where is Rana sa?" I asked soni.

"Raja sa has gone for a meeting with royal ministers" she said.

After getting ready I come into the kitchen with soni and few other helpers to made for everyone.

I asked the helpers to take all food to dinning table and asked them to inform everyone to come in eating area.

I go to my room to freshen up and came down in the eating area. Everyone was seated at their seats, except for Rana sa's and my seat. I think that he is upset with me.

"Maharaja dhiraj Vikram Dev Singh padhar rahe hai"

"The Great king Vikram Dev Singh is entering now"

announced an attende.

He come in the dinning hall looking as ravishing as ever, and greeted his parents and touched their feet along with me. Baapu sa, ignored me, which hurted me a little. We both sat at the dinning table together. The food is served by some helpers. Everyone started eating their food but I could not eat because I was feeling nervous.

"The food is very delicious. I am very proud of you, dear" Maa sa said to me.

"Thank you Maa sa" I said timidly.

"Why are you not eating and looking at everyone face like a lost puppy?" Rana sa said to me teasingly.

I blushed hard and looked around to see if anyone heard that but no one was looking at us.

"Bhabhi sa, you cook very delicious food. Please teach me too so that bhai sa can look at me with those eyes too" Devar sa said adoringly. I blushed hard and looked at my plate timidly.

"Arjun, firstly you have to learn about how to lit a fire of 'chula' before making the food, kid" Rana sa irritatingly said to Rudra with slight playfullness. Everyone on the dinning table laughed expect for Rana sa.

The breakfast ended with lots of laughter and long talks. It seems to me that Rana sa was only ignoring me in the whole family. It hurts me , even in my parents home I was ignored and misbehaved and now here too. It made a lump form in my throat and I sat quitely throughout the lunch. Rana sa and Rudra attempted to talk to me but my lack of response made them feel that I am feeling outcasted here. 

After lunch Rana sa disappeared in his study. I sat in the bedroom and started reading a book while sitting on the bed. I was trying hard to focus on reading but my mind was disturbed with the circumstances around me.

I go into his study and stand in front of him. He stopped reading the book in his hand and looked at me and smiled gently.

"what happened, princess? Missing me?" he said teasing me.

"No Rana sa, I want to write a letter to my kingdom" I said while blushing.

I wanted to write the letter to my friend Krishnika. I wanted to know what my family was upto. Krishnika is very smart, she always go to serve in this political meetings and knows what they plans.

"aww my princess is already missing her home" he said playfully.

"I just wanted to inform them about my well being" I said while looking at his chest not wanting to meet his eyes.

I do not know but whenever I look into his eyes I feel very nervous like he is reading me. Like one more minute and he is see through all the lies my family has set up for him.

"Am I not taking good care of you, princess?" He asked pouting.

"No Rana sa, Everyone takes very good care of me and I am very happy here I just wanted to tell them so they stop concerning about me" I said while looking at his feet.

He put his hand on my chin and lifted up my face to meet his eyes. The very first thing I notice about him that he was very beautiful in a manly kind of way. With the sharp cheekbones and well muscled body he was carved like a good. His honey coloured eyes were deep like ocean, it was like I was drowing in them. With his eyes on me and and playful smile on his pink lips are making me feel things that were foreign to me before now, before this very moment.

He take a step closer to me and I took one away from him. I stand up against an almirah(covered) and he came to stand in front of me smiling teasingly like saying that where would I go now.

He put his rough warrior like hands on my soft cheeks and I blushed instantly. He bring his face closer to me and he put his other hand on the almirah behind me and bring his lips impossibly closer to mine. I closed my eyes instantly shut with the close proximity. He sure was very attractive. My heart was beating very loudly in my chest, I am sure he will be able to hear it. There were butterflies in stomach.

As I waited for his lips. After some time I opened my eyes only to find him looking me with playful smile playing on his lips.

I blushed and looked at the floor like it is the most intresting thing. My face is red like a beetroot.

He slowly pulled his hand away from almirah.

"Princess, The food was very delicious. I did not know you cook this good just like my mother. Now that I can remember I was supposed to give you a gift on your 'muh dikayi' last night. But you were looking so cute while sleeping so I thought to give you this morning. You are beautiful, love"

He said and take my hand in his hand and put a ring with beautiful green rare gem in my hand. It was so beautiful and the craving on the ring were making it look more elegant. There was a bride and bridegroom craved on it. This was my first ever gift anyone has ever given to me that brought tears in my eyes.

"What happened, Love? Did not you like it. If it is not of your likness then I will give you something else. Please do not cry I do not like your tears" he said while holding my hand in his one hand and put his other hand around my neck to hold me to him.

"No Rana sa, please do not say that. I like it very much. This is the first ever gift anyone has given to me. This is very beautiful, I will always keep it with me" I said while look into his eyes.

"Raunak, my princess you deserve so much more than this. I will always shower you with gifts but please never cry again it hurts me to see you crying" he said smiling a little.

That made me blush.

"Maharani sa, is coming" an attendee announced.

I fixed my duppata and stand with in a little distance away from Rana sa. He smiled at my actions but did not say anything.

Maa sa come into the study chamber and I touched her feet on which she gave me blessings.

"Raunak beta(daughter), please come with me for ladies meeting. Your father-in-law has already given his responsibility to Vikram. Now you are here to take my responsibilities too. Now come with me, I am sure Vikram can spend his afternoons alone without teasing you"

she said smiling on which he laughed and I blushed.

"Maa, I do not tease her. She teases me, you should teach her to give some opportunities to her husband too"

Rana sa said laughing which made me blush more.

"stop teasing my daughter, she is already blushing" she said and come to me and lifted my face up.

She gasped and looked at Rana sa with angry face.

"It has only been one day and you are already making your new bride crying. How dare you?" She said angrily to Vikram.

"Maa, I just gave her a gift and she liked it that much to start crying. I did not do anything" he said.

"you better not young man" she said in an angry tone.

"One of Bhabhi sa, coming in our home and Maa has already chosen her over us. Ahhhhh, I am hurted" Devar sa said while putting his hand on his chest in a pained voice.

That made me laugh.

"My beautiful Bhabhi sa, if my bhai sa has bored you already with his boring behaviour, I am just some room away from you" Devar sa said to me.

"Arjun, if you have flirted enough with my wife than give me the reports that I have given to work upon" Rana sa said to Devar sa.

"Let's go, Raunak. Let them do their arguments alone" Maa sa said to me to which I smiled.

"Yes Bhai sa, I missed you so much. From the time Bhabhi sa has come to palace you are not giving attention to me. I am getting jealous of Bhabhi sa" Arjun said pouting adoringly.

We all laughed on his behaviour.

"Come with me to the meeting room, I will give you all of mine and every ministers attention" Rana sa said while walking ahead with Arjun following him.

We laughed at them and come out to sit in the royal garden. It was very beautiful. The garden has all the possible flowers of Hind. Maa sa told me that she has obession of flowers. She had travelled across whole Hind to collect these flowers, to make her garden look beautiful and elegant.

Some beautiful butterflies were hovering over the flowers and the smell of soil mixed with flowers are making the environment look very beautiful. Truly, Nature has its own beauty.

Throughout the day Maa sa told me about my royal duties that I have to perform from now on and she will accompany me to them to help me understand everything better. Later on she told me about political details of the kingdom.

"Raunak I have very great expections from you that alongside with my son will always think of this kingdom before everything else. A queen has more responsibilities than just the kingdom, she has to support a King in taking decisions, to put the kingdom first before your own needs and most importantly a Queen can only be a great Queen when she have an influence on the King" Maa sa told me in a very serious tone and I nodded my head in affirmation.

I have never thought that I will be married to a King because I was illegitimate. My mother was not married to my father. My mother left the kingdom and go to live some other village with me. I do not remember much about her but she always sang a song for me. Those were some little happy days of my life. When my step mother got to know about it she get my mother killed by some soldiers. The family of my mother handed me to the King but saying that they can not take my responsibility and the King of Ratnapur, my father accepted me. I thought that now I can have a happy and normal life with my father but it ended when he started behaving like I do not exist in his world, like I am his biggest mistake. Since then I always opted to be silent and never say anything to anyone. My father does not wanted the whole kingdom to know about me so he asked the few who know about me to keep silent so that the whole kingdom could know about me. I was only five at that time. This scenario happening in front of me shook me to the core.

"Raunak, are you listening dear?" Maa sa asked me.

"Y..... yes Maa sa, I was just thinking about my mother and siblings" I said to her.

"I know how it feels to live your home, but when you will start to accept this kingdom as your they will love you in the same way as you home" She said lovingly smiling at me.

"I have accepted this kingdom as my own they I have stepped foot into it. You are very sweet like a mother. It feels like I have got a mother's love all over again from you" I said truthfully. I do not know much about my mother but I thing if she would have been here she would have loved in the same way as Maa sa. I feel like I am playing with her trust. This makes me sad.

"Aww, please do not say that, Raunak. You are like my own daughter just like Vikram and Arjun. You know Ranjit does not like anyone easily but once he started loving it he never left that person. He just needs a little time to accept you" she said while kissing my forehead.

I smiled and held her hand.

"Maa sa, I promise that I will always keep this kingdom and family ahead even before my life" I said in a determined tone.

She told me about bussiness, politics, friend, allies and foes of the kingdom, and gave me some tips about the women's court.

Maa sa and I ate food along with each other in evening as Rana sa, Baapu sa and Arjun were eating were their meal with the council.

I retired to my room and took a bath with the help for few helpers.

I changed into a simple light weight lehanga with no embroidery and removed some of the heavy jewelleries. I go to stand in front of the window in the chamber and looked outside into the garden. Rana sa was in garden taking a walk with Baapu sa. They were deeply engrossed in their conversation.

Suddenly like sensing my eyes on him Rana sa looked towards the window and saw me looking at him at smile widely at me. I stand their frozen that he has caught me staring at him. Following his gaze on me Baapu sa also looked at me. I blushed hard and pulled my duppata to cover my face and ran away from the window. I came into the chamber and stand in front of the mirror and put the hand on my racing heartbeat. I did not why he has this effect on me, why my breath always quickens when he is near me, why my eyes searches for him, but when he is here I want him to disaapear away from here. I looked at my face which was covered in deep red blush.

Now this chapter ends here but not our story. I hope you guys like it. 

I like the progress we are making with the characters. Our Raunak is very shy haina. Just a one word from our Rana sa and she blushes beet red. It is cute to see them.

Do not forget to vote, comment and share. 

I love you all my babies😘❤️❣️

Bye. Bye!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

368K 13.7K 49
It's a story about pratiksha, an innocent girl from a middle-class family. She falls in love with a wrong guys , but her destined one turns to be a b...
297K 11.4K 26
"You still love her? What do you mean by that? you love her when you are the cause of her sorrow? you love her? don't forget the fact that you were...