SERENDIPITY 「KJB」

By DaeyeoLION

"There I was again tonight Forcing laughter, faking smiles Same old tired, lonely place Walls of insincerity... More

Prologue
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8
Day 9
Day 10
Day 11
Day 12
Day 13
Day 14
Day 15
Day 16
Day 17
Day 18
Day 19
Day 20
Day 21
Day 22
Day 24
Day 25
Day 26
Day 27
Day 28
Day 29
Day 30 #FINAL
SPECIAL CHAPTER #1 : JUNG LEIA
SPECIAL CHAPTER #2 : HONG JOOCHAN & JANG AYA
SPECIAL CHAPTER #3 : KIM JIBEOM
SPECIAL CHAPTER #4 : CHOI SUNGYOON
SPECIAL CHAPTER #5 : THE LETTERS
SPECIAL CHAPTER #6 : KIM DONGHYUN & HA CHAERIN
SPECIAL CHAPTER #7 : BONG JAEHYUN & KIM HANNI
SPECIAL CHAPTER #8 : KIM AREUM
Epilogue

Day 23

34 8 1
By DaeyeoLION

Leia's storytelling
The day has finally come. The day of the Serendipity trip to the United States of America, a country that lived beyond the sea of Asia. A big country that stands miles away from South Korea.

Sungyoon sends Leia to the airport at 5:30 A.M. In the bright Saturday morning, everyone has just started their lives.

"Have a safe flight! Have a fun journey!" Sungyoon says when after he helps Leia to take out of her luggages.

"You too! And take care too! Have fun at the camp!" Leia says. Sungyoon nods. He smiles widely.

"Oh, I think I need to go now. I have to fetch some other counsellors too" Sungyoon says.

"Oh so you don't wanna meet other Serendipity members?" Leia asks.

"Maybe next time.." Sungyoon says. Leia nods.

"I'm gonna miss you, Oppa.." Leia says. Sungyoon smiles widely.

"I'm gonna miss you too" Sungyoon says. Both Leia and Sungyoon hugs each other.

"Take care, okay?" Sungyoon says. Leia nods.

"Bye!" Sungyoon says before he goes into his car and drives away.

*   *   *

Master has opened the chatroom for everyone and put some instructions in the chat from the assembly point to the tickets thingy. Some of other Serendipity staffs are present to help them too, but Master isn't there. Perhaps one of them is Master? But Master wants to keep his identity secret, maybe?

*   *   *

While in the waiting at the assembly point before they are going for their desired terminal, they have some chats. All Serendipity members have arrived except for Jibeom and Jaehyun. Jibeom has informed in the group that he might arrive a bit late due to some circumstances. Jaehyun? No news.

"Ahh! I'm so excited!" Hanni says.

"Calm down, we're not even boarding yet" Donghyun says.

"How can I calm down? This is my first flight ever! I'm excited!" Hanni says. Everyone is just laughing while looking at Hanni's excitement.

"Is your passport ready?" Joochan asks.

"Yep! Look at this!" Hanni shows her passport. She even shows that her passport holder that she decorates.

"Wow, Hanni is surely excited for the trip" Leia says. Everyone laughs. A few minutes later,

"Hey guys! I'm sorry for late!" Jaehyun says as he just arrived. He is catching a breath.

"Yo bro! Why are you late?" Joochan asks.

"Ah.. I just got back from work.." Jaehyun says.

"What?!" Everyone says at the same time, rhythmically.

"The flight has some delays.. I've just landed an hour ago.." Jaehyun says.

"You must be so tired.." Aya says.

"I am.. but I will sleep in the flight. Thank you for concerning" Jaehyun smiles.

"I thought you are going to pilot our flight today?" Chaerin asks.

"Oh that.. I planned that way.. but I don't get the chance.. so I told Master that I couldn't.. and yeah.. I'm glad I don't.. ahh I feel so tired.." Jaehyun says. Everyone giggles.

"Is everyone here?" Jaehyun asks.

"Jibeom hasn't yet arrived.." Joochan says.

*   *   *

15 minutes later,

"I'm really sorry for making you guys wait" Jibeom has finally arrived with hands full of luggages and his daughter is piggy riding his back. He looks like having a hard time getting all the stuffs together. Jibeom is at least trying to catch a breath.

"Hey, it's okay! Take a rest first!" Hanni says. Everyone spares a seat for Jibeom. Jibeom can finally put Areum to the seat. He then stretches his back. Oww, Areum is getting heavier day by day. She sprains Jibeom's shoulder.

"Ahh.. my back hurts so bad" Jibeom whines. Everyone laughs.

"Appa is hurting?" Areum mumbles. Hearing that, Jibeom pretends to be unhurt.

"No.. no! I'm good!" Jibeom says. Areum doesn't believe him. She pouts.

"Hello!" Aya and Chaerin then try to steal Areum's attention.

"Are you Kim Areum? Are you Jibeom's pretty daughter?" Aya smiles while greeting Areum. Aya pokes Areum's cheek. Areum smiles shyly.

*   *   *

Jibeom's storytelling
All Serendipity members and the staffs are finally in the departure terminal. Both Joochan and Donghyun help Jibeom by carrying Jibeom's and Areum's luggages while Jibeom can bring Areum in his arm. Areum is sometime being so clingy. However, Jibeom feels so grateful to meet such supportive friends that willingly to help him in any situation he has.

While waiting for their flight, they are having some good talks. Areum's mood is seemingly good today. She gets along pretty well with the Serendipity members, especially Leia, because she has known her before.

"Omma, you're pretty" Areum mumbles to Leia. Her spoken words are barely to be understood because she's still mumbling. But at some points, all Serendipity members can guess her words.

"Only Leia? I'm not pretty?" Hanni says. Areum smiles shyly.

"No.. you.. cute" Areum says. Hanni delighted.

"Why a cute baby complimented others to be cute?! You're cuter! You're cuter!" Hanni tickles Areum. Areum giggles loudly. Jibeom smiles to see that his daughter is welcomed by the members.

"Areum! Have you forgotten about me?" Donghyun interrupts. Areum looks at Donghyun. Areum smiles then she runs to hug Donghyun.

"You guys ever meet?" Chaerin asks.

"Yeah.. just a short meeting.." Donghyun explains about his short meeting with Areum for the first time. Everyone nods. Then Areum walks back to Leia.

"Omma, yesterday Appa teaches me to use potty.." Areum mumbles.

"Really? Do you succeed?" Leia asks. Areum nods while showing Leia a thumbs up.

"Great job! You can stop using diapers after this!" Leia says.

"Omma, I'm a big girl" Areum mumbles again.

"Why is she keep on calling Leia as 'Omma'?" Aya asks.

"I've been wanting to ask from the beginning" Donghyun says.

"Are you perhaps dating Leia now?" Joochan asks Jibeom.

"Easy, man. That's against the Serendipity rules" Jaehyun says. Jibeom looks shocked to hear all the assumptions.

"Or Areum has approved Leia as her mother now?" Aya teases Jibeom and Leia. Everyone smirks.

"What is this, Jibeom?" Chaerin asks while looking directly to Jibeom and Leia.

"That's not as what you guys think.." Leia says.

*   *   *

"Who do you think this lady might be?" Jibeom shows a picture of a woman from his phone screen.

"Leia?" Joochan says.

"Yeah, it's Leia, right?" Hanni says.

"Where do you get this picture?" Aya asks.

"Areum, who's this?" Donghyun points the picture to Areum.

"Omma!" Areum says while looking at Leia.

"It's Leia?" Jaehyun asks. Everyone begins to look at Leia. Leia smiles then she shakes her head.

"Eh?" Everyone says. Then everyone looks at Jibeom.

"This is my late wife, Choi Joo Ah" Jibeom smiles.

"What?!" Everyone says.

* * *

"So, Leia is just pretending to be her mother?" Chaerin asks.

"I've told Areum for so many times that Leia isn't her mom.. but she doesn't want to believe me.." Jibeom says. Jibeom has told the Serendipity members everything they need to know about Joo Ah, his late wife. Everyone is shocked to see that Leia and Joo Ah shared the same face, but the only physical difference between them is Joo Ah has a small mole beneath her lips and her left eye.

"I think it's not like Areum doesn't wanna believe you.. she just can't understand that her mom isn't here anymore.." Aya says.

"I agree with Aya. Probably she's too desperate to meet her mother. Like.. yeah she never met her since birth right? And you had always made her to believe how her mother looked like through pictures.. so when she 'met' another doppelgänger, she wanted to assume that is her mother.." Hanni says. Everyone nods.

"But I'm afraid if one day, she might be heartbroken to know the truth.." Jibeom says.

"You've never hide anything from her. You told her frequently that her mother is no longer here but she doesn't understand it.. eventually, she will. Just let the time to be.." Donghyun says. Everyone nods.

"It's okay.. she's too little to understand everything.." Jaehyun says.

"But I was taken aback.. they really looked the same.." Joochan says.

"Is it possible that we all might have our own doppelgänger?" Donghyun asks.

"Maybe?" Chaerin says.

"Wow, I wonder.." Donghyun says.

* * *

The plane has finally arrived. All Serendipity members, staffs and Areum are ready to take off. They are all lining up to the gate, waiting for their time to enter the plane.

A few minutes passed, all Serendipity members are finally boarding their plane. Everyone is so excited especially Hanni because it's her first flight. All Serendipity members are sitting on the seat they are designated to.

Joochan, Aya, Jaehyun and Hanni are at the same row yet Leia, Chaerin and Donghyun are at the row next to those 4 members. While Jibeom and Areum are sitting at the front seats of Joochan and Aya.

Joochan gets the window seat. The first thing he does after he boarded is he takes a some pictures from his window seat.

"Wow, you gotta see the world from above" Aya says. Joochan smiles.

"Appa see! Car!" Areum's voice can be heard by all Serendipity members. Areum says while pointing at the plane's window, looking at the buggy that carries all luggages.

"Appa, what is car doing?" Areum mumbles.

"To carry all bags" Jibeom says.

"Is the car carrying Areum's bag?" Areum asks.

"Yes it is" Jibeom says while taking out Areum's favourite doll from her bag before he puts all bags in the overhead bin. Areum then hugs her doll tightly.

*   *   *

A few minutes later, the plane has finally takeoff. The journey of 13 hours flight starts. All Serendipity members are very excited to see the world from above, except Jaehyun because he has been seeing it a lot. As soon as the plane takes off, Jaehyun sleeps. He is so tired. Leia and Chaerin are both chatting to each other about their lives. Donghyun? He's sleeping too.

"Wow.. clouds! So fluffy!" Hanni says. She is so excited about the trip.

"The weather is so nice too today" Joochan says. Some of Serendipity members are enjoying the view from above.

"Appa! Can I eat the clouds?" Areum's question to Jibeom can be heard by all members. Everyone is amused by Areum's response. Like father like daughter. Areum likes to give or ask random questions like his father too.

"Appa, do birds go to work today?" Areum asks Jibeom. Jibeom loses his words to answer all random questions made by his daughter. All members who hear the conversations between Jibeom and his daughter are just laughing silently.

"Appa, answer me.." Areum says.

"Ahh.. Areum, I'm tired.." Jibeom says. He closes his eyes.

"Appa, don't sleep yet. Appa, answer me" Areum says.

"Areum, I have no energy to chat now. Can I get a nap?" Jibeom asks. Areum shakes her head.

"Appa, where's omma?" Areum asks.

"She is at her seat.." Jibeom says.

"Can I meet her?" Areum asks.

"No you can't. You have to stay at your seat until we arrive.." Jibeom says.

"But I'm bored" Areum says. Jibeom looks at her for a while before he takes the plane's headphone and he puts it on Areum's head. He then opens the screen on the plane's seat and begins to scroll down some kids channels for Areum to watch.

"He's indeed a chatterbox" Joochan says.

*   *   *

Jibeom can finally get some rest when Areum is having fun watching some kids videos. Jibeom sighs. Even though it's a holiday trip he can say, he feels tired even before the activity. He begins to recall the situation that made him to arrive late at the airport today.

-flashback-

Jibeom woke up late today. He didn't realise that his alarm went snoozing on for a few times already. He felt extremely exhausted these days because he had to complete his work before he went for a week holiday. As the result, he stayed up late till 3A.M. just to make sure his works and stuffs to bring to the trip are all ready.

He only got about one or two hours sleep that day. It didn't only end up in that one. Areum was having a bad mood too when she woke up so she threw her tantrum a lot. Jibeom had hard time to manage his daughter alone this morning. Not to mention about his finger got cut while preparing a breakfast for Areum, and he didn't get to take a bite of his breakfast because he was in rush.. yet how sleepy he was while driving his car to the airport, that he almost got them into an accident because of it. It was all hard.

-End flashbacks-

Being a single father with a toddler is never easy. Jibeom looks at Areum who is enjoying watching some kids videos through the screen. Jibeom sighs. There are actually a lot of times he cries because of his life. There are actually a lot of times he feels like he wants to give up with life. There are even several times he feels burden to raise his daughter alone. When life gets too hard, there is also a few times he feels s**c*dal. But he got all strength when he remembers Joo Ah. Areum is just 3 years old but she can be the most understanding person he ever met. He feels like he sees Joo Ah in Areum, that makes him to have no reason to stop. But of course, he's a human being after all. He needs support too. Not financial aid but he needs another figure that willingly to give him a hand so he won't feel that he's fighting alone for his life.

Jibeom pats on Areum's head. Areum then looks at him with a sweet smile.

"Thank you for your hardwork" Areum says. Jibeom is taken aback when Areum says that. Areum then continues watching the video on the screen. Where did she learn the word? Or.. is that.. perhaps you, Joo Ah?

*   *   *

A few hours in plane made everyone feel so bored and uncomfortable. Other Serendipity members are walking back and forth to the toilet, taking turns, not really to go to the toilet but just to have some walk around so they can at least get to stretch a bit. Jibeom and Areum? Both are soundly sleeping. The 13 hours flight is so long. Everyone feels so exhausted in the middle of the journey.

*   *   *

Leia's storytelling
6 hours in plane ride has finally bring Leia to her "bed time". She feels so tired but she has nothing to do. All members are soundly sleeping including Jaehyun and Donghyun who are still sleeping since the first time they departed. Leia looks around. Even Chaerin who just now watched a movie is sleeping too. Leia then takes her blanket to force herself to sleep. Suddenly,

"Leia, are you sleepy?" Leia looks at her right side. It's Chaerin.

"Are you awake?" Leia asks.

"I'm not sleeping" Chaerin says.

"Oh.. why?" Leia asks.

"There's something I wanna talk to you" Chaerin says.

"What is it all about?" Leia asks.

"Jibeom" Chaerin says. Leia shocked.

* * *

"How long have you felt this way about Jibeom?" Chaerin asks in a slow voice, as they're talking to each other while everyone in the plane is sleeping.

"What do you mean, Chaerin?" Leia asks.

"You like Jibeom, don't you?" Chaerin asks. Leia is just staying silent.

"Why is this so sudden, Chaerin?" Leia looks at Chaerin. Chaerin sighs.

"I like him.." Chaerin is being genuine.

"How long have you been feeling that way?" Leia asks.

"Since the movie date" Chaerin says. Leia nods.

"You know.. I regretted that he became my movie partner.." Chaerin says.

"Oh no, why?" Leia asks.

"If not because of it, I wouldn't be falling so hard to him. I'm so dumb.." Chaerin says.

"Oh no, of course you aren't. It's natural" Leia says.

"Leia, I did try hard. I even purposely tried to fall in love with other members and kept him distant but it didn't work. I had hard times because of that" Chaerin says.

"Your heart bruises from it, isn't it?" Leia asks.

"Yeah, I never felt like this before so it was so hard to handle it" Chaerin says.

"How can you stand so tall in the midst of all these?" Chaerin adds.

"I.. I don't know.." Leia says.

"Perhaps you're interested in others too?" Chaerin asks. Leia shakes her head.

"No.. I'm only interested in him" Leia says.

"Oh I see.. then how are you so relaxed? Honestly I was jealous of you" Chaerin says.

"Why, Chaerin? I have nothing to be jealous of" Leia says.

"You know when I brought him to the hospital with Jaehyun, he talked about you a lot. He was worried about what you and others might think of him, he was worried if you got home safely without even knowing what I felt.." Chaerin says.

"Oh, Chaerin... I didn't know that.." Leia says.

"I'm worried about your relationship with Jibeom. That's why I wanna check even more. Just to know that I like him and no matter he feels 'I like you as a friend' to me.. both things are genuine.." Chaerin says.

"Chaerin.." Leia lost her words.

"I'm going to try my best with Jibeom with the time left. Even though it seems hard because I have to win his daughter's heart too.. so Leia, you do what your heart is telling you to do. You know what I mean, right?" Chaerin looks at Leia with a sweet smile.

"You mean, we have to try to be true about what we feel?" Leia asks.

"Yes! That's the main reason why we're here too anyway" Chaerin says. Leia nods.

"Then, are we helping each other?" Leia asks.

"Yes! I feel better because you're here, Leia. Anyway, let's keep this conversation as a secret between us" Chaerin shows a pinky finger. Leia nods and they make a pinky promise.

"I'll sleep first" Chaerin says. She takes her blanket to her chest and she closes her eyes. Leia nods slowly. Just watching Chaerin who has just going to sleep. Leia sighs.

-To Be Continued-
✔️vote
✔️comment
✔️share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 194 16
Genre: Fantasy/Sci-Fi/Angst Your name on this unique planet is Chang Y/N, a professional fighter pilot player who trains in the Skystrike Academy to...
60.1K 1.2K 62
"Fine, if you tell me you hate me, I will leave you alone" "I hate you" "Hmm, do you?" "Yeah, I hate you so fucking much Lee Minho that it's sometime...
241K 12.5K 59
"Just like the stars in the night sky... Our love is infinite..." ----- Park Jimin is one of the most loved students in school. He's kind, and hand...
68.8K 3.1K 28
Kim Taehyung x Y/N (Female Reader) ▪▪▪▪▪▪ "A love between rich and an average person with so many rejections and regrets " ▪▪▪▪▪▪ ʏ/ɴ: ᴛᴀᴇ ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴜ ᴛ...