Be My Erasthai

De Ivy_m3moir

King Zayn Warren. A lycan king that has ruled for centuries without anyone worthy enough to call queen. One n... Mais

Golden Eyes
Holy Mother of Eros
Miss him
Soothe me.
My sweet Erasthai
Worn out feelings
Your Touch; My Drug
Frenzy
Go Out With Me
Do You Like Horses?
Hunger Pangs
Provocation
Cry Center
Three Wolves And One Little Rabbit
Go See Him
He's Gone
Get Your Lazy Hide Up. We Have A Flight To Catch
One Of Us
To The Festival!
HIS
HERS
MINE
Mysterious Scent
The Bet
Pool And Jealousy
An Emergency Situation
THE END
There Are Walls
Men's Talk, Ladies' Night
Beast At Dawn
I'll Wait For You

A Long Morning

818 33 0
De Ivy_m3moir

Adalia

"... Adalia... did you...?" Someone's voice was drifting in and out of my ears. I could hear the words, but couldn't fully comprehend what the person was saying.

"Adalia! Did you hear me?" A loud voice, along with the vigorous shaking of my shoulders, snapped me out of my daze.

I returned my attention to the pale-skinned brunette in front of me, with almond-brown eyes full of concern. Oh, it's Addy. Blinking, I looked around my surroundings in a stupor. I was already sitting at my computer desk. I don't even recall getting to work; the whole drive from Zayn's office to here was a daze. It's like my body was on autopilot while my mind drifted.

"Hellooo?" Addy snapped her fingers in front of me.

"I'm sorry, what?" I questioned, still feeling disoriented.

"I said," Addy enunciated her words like it would help me hear better, "Did you see Zayn? And how was it?"

My heart tightened at the mention of Zayn, and my face must have reflected my feelings because Addy's expression also changed.

"It didn't go well, did it?" Her voice was solemn.

"No, it didn't," I bit my lips, "in fact, I didn't even get to see him. They said he flew out of the country today, and don't know when he'll be back."

"What?!" she exclaimed, "And he didn't tell you a word? What a dickhead."

"Addy, stop—"

"No, don't tell me to stop. I'm right!"

I shook my head, trying to convince myself to deny Addy's logic. "No, Addy, he doesn't owe me anything. We weren't even dating, and he might just be busy with work."

"Too busy to send at least a short text? Bullshit! Stop being delusional, Adalia. The faster you accept it, the faster you can move on," her voice lowered as she stepped closer to me, taking my hand. "I just don't want you to get hurt over some guy. Yes, he's unbearably hot and was respectful of you in the few times I saw him, but you can't let yourself get treated like this. You deserve more."

I smiled and gave Addy a warm hug. She may be crude and merciless with her words, but it's just a sign that she has my interest at heart.

"I'll try to stop thinking about him," I said, knowing it was damn well impossible.

Addy stared at me for a bit before sighing. "By the way, I think you weren't being delusional about Luke after all. I've noticed his behavior towards you lately and it's definitely weird."

"Oh, yeah?" I replied sarcastically.

"I know I was mocking you before, but I'm being serious. The day you skipped work, he was all over me, asking for you and your whereabouts before he left work abruptly. Then you tell me later that he showed up at your date. It's really weird."

"Right. It was weird when he showed up out of nowhere."

"Uh huh, not to mention the fact that he's been staring at you unblinkingly ever since you walked in."

"What?" I whipped my head around, only to clash with Luke's gaze. I hadn't even sensed his presence. Usually, when Luke was around, I get this buzzing sensation, or I get sporadic whiffs of his smell. But he had been here all this while, and I didn't even notice him.

Luke and I were locked in each other's stares for a while until I broke contact first. I turned back to speak to Addy, but she was gone. She was now by the coffee machine. She soon returned with two steaming cups of coffee and placed one on my desk.

"I feel like you'll need this in a minute," she said.

"Why?" I asked, just as the elevator dinged again and someone walked in. At the sight of the person, my heart dropped, and my stomach twisted.

"Well, because of that," Addy nodded toward the annoying figure that was Mr. Oscar. "I forgot to tell you earlier that he called before you came to the office. He said he was feeling better now, and that he was coming today. I tried to tell him you're booked for the day, but he just protested, saying he's sure you'd have time for him. I couldn't stop him."

"Argh," I groaned, resisting the urge to pull my hair out. Great, just what I needed to add to my ongoing headache.

Addy gave me a sympathetic look before walking away to attend to her client, who had also just walked in.

"Adalia!" Mr. Oscar yelled my name from across the elevator, garnering the attention of half the office. "My! You look especially beautiful today!"

His comment reminded me of the outfit I was wearing, and I reached to pull my dress down. I took a moment to mentally curse Addy and my brother again.

Mr. Oscar walked up to me, high enthusiasm behind his steps. He stopped in front of my desk with a sloppy grin that showed one of his gold canine teeth.

He placed his pale, slender hands on top of my desk and flashed me what he believed to be a sexy smile before pulling a chair and settling into it. "Did you miss me?"

"I see you're all better now," I spoke through gritted teeth.

"Yes, I am," he winked, his icky brown eyes grazing over my exposed skin.

Ew. I forced my expression to remain stable while I cringed internally. But I still shifted and tugged my dress downward, feeling discomfort wash over me. This was disgusting, so different from when Zayn's eyes caressed my body. So wrong and so vile.

He stuck out his tongue and slowly wet his lips. "Shall we continue from where we stopped on my project?" He said as he reached for my hand resting on the table.

The moment I noticed his movement, I instantly jerked my hand backward with a disgusted look.

Mr. Oscar raised a brow at me and decided to try again, reaching with both hands this time. I yanked my hands from him again, moving my elbow so that it "accidentally" bumped into the pipping hot cup of coffee, spilling it on him.

"Ah!" He yelped and jumped out of the chair. The coffee had spilled on his pants, right where his crotch was.

A wicked grin swept my lips as I fake gasped. "Oh my, that looks painful. Are you okay?"

"Fuck! Ugh, it burns!" He groaned, while hastily grabbing nearby napkins to wipe off the coffee stains.

"Yea? That's too bad then." I made no attempt to hide the mockery in my voice.

Mr. Oscar seemed to have noticed it as he looked up at me with anger. "You!" He screamed, "You did that on purpose didn't you?!"

"I have no clue what you're talking about," I mustered up my best innocent face.

"Wench!" He painfully grabbed my wrist, yanking me forcefully.

"Let go of me!" I demanded, but his grip only tightened, causing pain to score up on my wrist.

A dull, but familiar scent whiffed past my nose as I saw a veiny hand weave past me to grab Oscar's hands, prying them off me.

"Mr. Oscar," Luke uttered in a cold voice, "I'm sure you're a man who would like to preserve his public image in a good light. So how about you go home and change into something more..." he glanced at the blotch of coffee stains on Oscar's white pants, "... clean."

Oscar yanked his hand from Luke's with a glare. "What type of firm do you run here? Your employees are disrespectful shitheads!" He barked.

Oh no, he didn't. I suddenly felt the need to drive my stilettos onto his toes.

"I don't think you understand, Oscar," Luke's voice dropped a tone. "Asking you to go home wasn't a suggestion."

Bewilderment took over me for a minute. This was my first time seeing Luke so domineering as well as this angry.

"And never show yourself here again." His grip visibly tightened, and I swear I heard a bone crack. "Do you understand?"

Oscar winced before his lips gave way to a yelp of pain, but Luke still didn't let go of his hands. "I said," Luke squeezed harder, earning another groan, "do you understand?"

"I — I do! Please let go!" Oscar cried.

"Good," Luke said, releasing Oscar's hand.

The moment his hands were freed, Oscar scampered out of the office with trembling legs. He didn't even wait for the elevator as he took the stairwell.

Luke then turned to me, his previous anger and coldness gone.

"Are you okay, Adalia?" He asked with a soft voice.

"I'm fine. Thanks," my reply was short and curt.

"Are you sure? It seems like he went too far."

A cold laugh bubbled from my chest, one that brought a jarring expression to Luke's face. "You think he went too far? And what about the other times? Were they just not far enough for you to care?"

"No Adalia I..." he motioned to touch my shoulder, but I smacked his hands off.

"Don't touch me." I gritted.

I really don't want his hands on me. Something in me felt aggressive. I don't know if it was the incessant pounding of my head, the dull ache in my neck, or the emotional exhaustion I was feeling, but I was peeved.

Luke stared at me blankly, a surprised expression on his face. "Adalia are you okay...?" He asked again, this time sounding less certain.

If he asks me that one more time, then his foot may be the one I drive the heels of my stilettos into. I took a deep breath, willing myself to calm down. "I'm fine Luke, really," I said more calmly. "If I needed any support, then I'd go to Addy."

As if summoned by me, Addy rushed up to my desk, pushing Luke aside with her body. "Adalia! Are you okay?" She grabbed my shoulders, worry marking her face.

I smiled at her. "I'll be okay, no biggie."

However, my smile didn't get through to her as she pulled me into a hug. "I'm so sorry. I should've tried harder to stop him from coming in."

I returned her hug and patted her back. "It isn't your fault. Don't blame yourself for the actions of others," then I pulled her off me. "You have a client waiting for you."

"They can wait." she rolled her eyes. "I'm more worried about you."

I let out a fake cough, not sure if she should be saying that in front of Luke. He is the boss, after all.

"Ugh Addy, just go back." I pushed her away from my desk. "I'll call you back if I need you, I promise."

She gave me one more worried glance before nodding and walking away.

I avoided eye contact with Luke as I made to clean up the spilled coffee and dirty napkins Oscar tossed all over the floor. Thankfully, after a while of ignoring Luke, he too left.

The moment he was gone, I slumped into my chair, feeling the waves of exhaustion winning. "I need sleep." I sighed, closing my eyes. Actually, no, that's not it; I don't know what I need. Everything just feels crazy. One second I'm feeling listless, then I'm angry, and then I'm back to feeling numb. This was all just too much.

I didn't get much time to settle down, as I felt the presence of someone in front of me. I begrudgingly opened my eyes, only to see a furious-looking Paris.

Great, another one.

Paris placed one arm on her hips, while she anchored her waist to the side. She just kept staring at me without saying a word, the fury growing in her eyes.

"What is it Paris?" I lamented.

"I should be the one asking, what is it with you?"

"What?"

"I just don't get it. You're a mere human, not worthy of a werewolf, much less an alpha. And that was the reason why Luke rejected you. Who knew that his rejection would only give way to you being the mate of a Lycan. A royal blood at that."

I squinted my eyes at Paris, trying to decipher if she was being serious or if she was even speaking English at all. "Are you okay Paris?" I asked, genuinely concerned.

However, my sweet concern only seemed to be taken for spite, as Paris's growing rage became evident.

"Don't make fun of me!" Her voice took a note. "He rejected you. I mean, why else would he choose me? And yet, for some reason, he keeps coming back to you. I also don't understand why the Lycan king of all people even likes you. He's probably just using you to spite Luke."

I could feel my headache rising again. This is serious one long morning. Sighing, I turned away from Paris and decided to busy myself with my computer. "Listen, Paris, I have no clue what you're talking about, so please leave me alone. If you're bored, go talk to Luke or something."

"That's the thing Adalia, I can't talk to Luke." She snapped. "Lately, whenever I'm having a conversation with him, it's Adalia this, Adalia that. Can't you just leave us alone, huh?"

Like a drawn string, I felt something in me snap. I whirled my chair around to face Paris, anger creeping into my veins. "Shut up Paris."

"What?" she asked, taken aback.

"I said, shut the fuck up," I repeated coolly. "I don't give a shit about you and Luke. Whatever that's going on is between you and him. Luke never rejected me, because there was nothing to reject. He started treating me like shit after he started dating you. He'd avoid me, snap at me, and sometimes act like I didn't exist. So there you have it. I don't have feelings for Luke, neither do I care about him."

Paris was rendered speechless after my snipe back — a silence that gave me sweet, sweet satisfaction.

The entire office seemed to have noticed something was off as some of them started staring in our direction.

I got up, gathered my things into my bag, and then smiled at Paris. "Tell Luke I'm using my vacation hours, don't know when I'll be back."

Without waiting for a response, I walked out of the office.

***Side Note*** If you're wondering who Oscar is, see the beginning of Chapter 7: Your Touch; My Drug, for reference. I had to change his name because I didn't realize he had the same name as our dear Nathaniel from "My Deo"

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

772K 50.3K 41
WATTPAD FEATURED - 30/11/2017 WATTYS 2018 LONGLIST - 31/08/2018 WATTPAD WEREWOLF FEATURED - 05/09/2020 WATTPAD EXPLORER WEREWOLF WEEK - 26/10/2020 [W...
503K 13.4K 42
The fate of a not so human king and a definitely human girl became entangled in a single meeting. A teenage girl from the 21st century somehow ended...
752K 21.8K 40
Opposites attract. Everyone has heard this phrase at least once in their lives. Well, what if the person you're meant to be with is truly the opposit...