The Azena: Rise of the Guardi...

By sydneyloubug

Delaaran De Yang is a thirteen-year-old boy who stumbles upon a mysterious book that holds the key to his tru... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 19

9 0 0
By sydneyloubug

They laid Delaaran on the bed to check if he had any injuries.
Once he was in, he felt better. He tried to sit up, but Miss Afreyea wouldn't let him.

"I feel better. I don't have to stay." Delaaran said.

"Don't worry. King Masamba is speaking with your friend Emmanuel."

Delaaran's eyes widened.

"I'll be right back. Stay here." She then closed the door.

Delaaran ran to open it, but it was locked. He sat on the bed for what felt like hours, and then he could hear the door unlocking. He thought it was the maid, but it was Zuri.

"Zuri! What are you-"

"Listen, and listen to me well! Who are you, and why are you here? Why are you so obsessed with me?!" She yelled.

"First of all, I'm not chasing you because I want to. I have to. And my name is Delaaran De Yang. I'm the son of Maleko and Umanvi De Yang."

Her eyes widened.
"Azena?"

He nodded.

Zuri then sat next to him.
"I believe you."

"You do?" He asked.

She nodded.
"When I was smaller, my mother would tell me stories about Maleko the Azena. She would tell me how funny he was. And how he always showed that you were worth it and that it was okay to ask for help. You may be wondering how she knew all of this. And maybe it can show you that I do trust and believe why you're here. My mother's twin sister is Guardian Abena. Guardian of terra shifting and Guardian of Terraforma. It's always passed on to whoever shares the same spirit. The same blood, right? Like you?"

Delaaran smiled softly.
"That's right."

Zuri smiled at him and looked down, her eyes swelling.
"During the war with the Dragon Empire, my aunt died. My mother was heartbroken. She then got sick after giving birth to me 4 years later after the war. She passed away 12 years ago."

Delaaran instantly felt bad for her. He rubbed her back.
"At least you got to hear her voice. Be thankful for the time you spent with her. Be happy that she isn't in pain anymore. She's a free spirit. And she's in your heart. Just like my father."

Zuri smiled.
"Thanks Delaaran."

He smiled back.
"No problem."

"Oh, one more question."

"What is it?"

"How do you do it? How do you always keep a smile when things are tough."

Delaaran smiled brightly.
"I just smile and keep hope, because there will be a better day somewhere. And it takes more muscles to frown than to smile."

Zuri laughed.
"I understand."

They laughed together until the door was about to open.

"What do we do?" Delaaran asked.

Zuri tried to think.

She then stomped her foot making a rock from the floor come up, and she put it in the way of the door. She lifted her hand and tried her hardest to break a hole in the ceiling. After she was successful, she jumped in and so did Delaaran.

When the maid opened the door, she screamed and called the guards.

Meanwhile, Kai Lin was tied up in the throne room.

"I'm going to ask you one more time. Who are you?" King Masamba asked.

Kubo looked angry.

King Masamba looked at his blind eye and scar.
"I know who you are. You're the lost boy of Guardian Feng."

Kubo looked at him funny.
"What are you talking about, old man?!"

King Masamba started to laugh.
"Never mind it."

Kubo started to get angry.
"How do you start something that sounds important then say never mind?! What kind of person are you?"

"It's not something I should tell."

His face then calmed down.

"Now tell me your name."

"Kubo Kai Lin."

King Masamba smiled.
"So the genocidal fool's son decided to step foot into my mansion. My land. My home."

Kubo scoffed.
"Well, you see, your security is simply...trash."

King Masamba then got angry.
"And pestering my daughter. Well, that's ok. I know how to get rid of rats. Guards, kill him."

The guards took out their swords. While they did that, Kai Lin wasn't afraid. He just looked at the king with anger.

Then all of a sudden before Kubo got struck, there was a voice.

"Stop!" Zuri yelled.

"Zuri! Go to your room!" The king ordered.

"Father! Don't hurt him!" She yelled.

"You do not need to be in here. Go!"

She was furious. He never listened to her.
"I'm not a little girl anymore! I am a Guardian!"

The king's eyes widened.
"You're tiny and fragile! You are no Guardian!

She started to get angry. Her eyes then glowed green.

"KING MASAMBA! I AM GUARDIAN ZURI. I INHERITED THIS POWER FROM GUARDIAN ABENA! I DO NOT FEAR YOU!"

She started to terra shift rocks from the floor, making them circle her.

The guards and the king were so afraid, that they fell on their butts watching the phenomenon.

The rocks then stopped and she threw them towards the king. Once they got close to his face, they stopped.

He opened his eyes with tears to see how close the rock was.
The rocks then fell.

She then landed on her feet, and Delaaran held her steady.

She nodded with a smile after Delaaran let her go.

"Father, this is Delaaran De Yang. Son of Maleko De Yang. Azena and Guardian of all Guardians. Peace runs through his veins and I must help him to obtain peace in this world. The High Spirit knows that peace is needed."

She untied Kubo and they all stood up.

"I love you father. But I will not be queen. Miss Afreyea has always been there for me. So allow her to take that role if anything were to happen to you. I am now Guardian. That is something I cannot handle. I'm going with the Azena. I'm going with the Dragon Prince."

King Masamba started to tear up.
"I just wanted to keep you safe, because I couldn't do the same for your mother. Please forgive me, Princess Zuri."

She smiled.
"You've done enough, father. Please rest in peace knowing that the Azena has returned."

Everyone bowed before Delaaran.
He smiled.

Zuri then took his and Kubo's hand.
"Let's get out of here."

Delaaran and Kubo nodded.

Yuki was running until she saw a girl standing far in front of her.

Yuki looked at her seriously.
"Who are you?"

The girl laughed.
"Dragon Princess Beah."

Yuki's eyes widened.
"Why are you people so evil?! Recking this beautiful tribe! When will you people have enough of killing and violence?!"

Beah smiled.
"The war has just begun."
She then took out nunchucks and flipped over to attack Yuki. She dodged and took her batons out.

When Beah came to hit her, she blocked it with her batons.

While Rylo was running, he saw Naviia at the end.

"Naviia? Is that you?"

Naviia then kicked which forced fire his way.

His eyes widened, and he put his hand up trying to block it.

Naviia then went to punch him.
When she did, Rylo blocked it.
"What is wrong with you?! Where is Delaaran?!"

She smirked.
"Long gone. Even I don't know where he is!"

She kicked him and he went back.

"Dang! I'm letting a girl knock me down?! Nah not happening!"

He took a deep breath and lifted his hands like he was boxing.

She grinned and ran towards him.
When she did he punched at her and she blocked it. But the punch cracked her arm and electricity shocked her and pushed her back.

"What?! How?!" She screamed.

He then blew his fist.
"Come find out."

She then looked angry and ran towards him again.

Kanna was running and she saw Yuki get hit. Yuki fell on her back.

Beah was slowly walking toward her, and Kanna ran towards Yuki.

When Beah was going to hit Yuki, Kanna threw water on her hand and froze it. Kanna then helped Yuki up.

Beah then started to get angry and the trees next to her were thrown at Kanna.

Kanna's eyes widened and she put her hand out. When she did, it was a wall of ice. Yuki was behind the wall as well.

"What? How did she do that?" Kanna asked.

Yuki's eyes were wide.
"She's a Guardian."

Kanna brought the wall down and behind it was Beah crying.

Kanna sat in front of her and took her hands.

"My name is Kanna. I'm a Guardian of the Aquatian tribes. I know how you feel. You think that you'd be living in a whole different world but your plans go south."

Yuki sat beside Kanna and smiled at Beah.

Beah looked up.
"The only one who knew was Naviia. She protected me. That's why I skipped meetings. I've been adopted since I was little and Naviia has always been protective of me. If father knew, he'd kill me in front of the entire kingdom. It was our little secret. But now, I know I can't hide it."

Kanna's eyes softened.
"Come with us."

Beah's eyes widened.
"What? I can't do that! Naviia would-"

Yuki interrupted her.
"Naviia has a screwed-up mind if she thinks that what she's doing is the right way. You're a Guardian. You have a job to do."

"Rylo is my only family now. You're not alone." Kanna said with a smile.

Beah smiled and nodded.
"Ok. I'll do it. I'll join you guys."

Kanna and Yuki smiled and helped her up.

"Alright! The plan is that you have to stop your sister. You're the only one who can level up to her strength. Or trap her with your powers!" Yuki said.

Beah nodded and they ran to find her.

Naviia put her hands out and shifted fire towards Rylo. Rylo couldn't divert the attack so he put his hands out with electricity. The more he did it, he began to lose his energy.

"Someone help!" he screamed.

All of a sudden, Naviia saw green branches trap her like a cage.

When Naviia noticed she looked and saw Beah.
"Beah, what are you doing?!"

"Naviia. You know I'm a Guardian. What the Dragon Empire does is wrong. And you know this. And you know what could happen to me if they find out. If a father kills you for being something that they can't help, then that's not a father. I don't want to die."

Naviia got angry and screamed which made fire come out of her mouth.
Kanna then took her hands and splashed water on her face.
"Leave her alone!"

Rylo stuck his tongue at her and all four of them started to run for the Ni tribe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3 1 6
Melissa Du Walt finds herself kidnapped while her people celebrate their latest victory. Her captors take her to a foreign country where Melissa has...
18.1K 1.5K 48
It started with a portal from the sky. Earth was out into chaos, talking about aliens and how our world is going to be taken over. It then became wor...
33.6K 1.1K 13
*COMPLETED* A divided nation... lone orphans... backs turned... The world became torn and broken because of greed and selfishness, a world not many...
2.2K 80 25
Sebastian is a 17 year old living in the 1700's. He lived a normal life until his small town was attacked, he himself gaining new abilities to see gh...