A Survivor's life in the dung...

Por TheManCandy

Witness the journey of a man who lost everything, as he dives in the dungeon for strength and power. will he... Mais

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Announcements
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
I'm sorry.
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Fuck Me
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69 (Noice)
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
No Update Today
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Announcement
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
no chapter today
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Sorry
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Not a chapter (contain slight spoiler)
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93 Epilogue (Book1)
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Heracles Familia (New Members)
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Greetings!!!
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Sorry
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Well, Y'all Might Be Wondering.
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Welp, it's that time of the year again.
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140

Chapter 103

267 15 1
Por TheManCandy

-Morning

Hestia, Heracles, Takemikazuchi, and their familia, had a collective ugly look on their face. The revelation of the pass parade was a heavy pill to swallow, especially for the adventurers. It was a taboo inside the dungeon, as doing so may lead to a wipe out.

"This is bad." Denki scowled as he bit the nail on his thumb. -A habit he gained when he was thinking- He wanted to blame Ouka and the rest of the Takemikazuchi familia for what happened, but then he realized, that if he was the one who was given a choice, he might have probably done the same. "I think the best possible odds for Bell and his party, is for them to dive deeper."

He grimaced, just thinking about it, two level 2s and a level 1 supporter wouldn't necessarily have the strength to survive in the middle floor, but if Ouka's words were to be believe, the mob had blocked the way out, forcing Bell's party to run to the deeper floors.

"I agree..." Helga nods, she gave a pissed off look towards Ouka, which made the man look down in guilt. "The pallum girl is smart, she might have come up with that plan, and Bell seems to trust him."

"THEN WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR!!!" Kiez screamed, he is angry, Bell was the only person his age that lived in the Heracles manor, they might not be in the same familia, but they lived in the same house, they had developed a closeness with one another, akin to a brotherly rivalry. "WE SHOULD LOOK FOR HIM RIGHT NOW!!!"

"Kiez, I agree with you, but we have to look at this logically. We don't have enough numbers to cover the entirety to the middle floors." Helga answered him. "If we moved as a unit, we would inevitably be slow, we need to split up, and aside from me and Denki, all of you wouldn't survive in the middle floors if you encounter a mob." Helga's words were cold, they may have made it all the way to lower floor, but that was them moving as a unit.

She was right of course, and the others realize it as well, if they include the adventures of Takimekazuchi familia who are able to dive all the way to the middle floors, they would only number to 13 maybe 14, with only 2 level 3s. And with it, they need to cut their numbers even smaller by splitting up to search the entirety of the middle floors heading to the 18th floor.

If they move as a one unit, they wouldn't be able to cover more ground quickly enough. What they need now is speed, and the only way to achieve that is to have a team of 4 adventurers, moving at different crevices inside the dungeon. But it would be extremely dangerous with only level 2s.

Kiez wanted to argue, but Bors placed his hand on his shoulder and shook his head. "She's right... We were only able to make it deep because of Denki and her." he then sighed and continue. "And to be honest, I'm not confident enough to survive at the middle floors with only four people."

Kiez bit his lips, strong enough for it to bleed, he looked around seeing that everyone had a scowl in their face.

Takemikazuchi also joined in. "In their current state, I can only send Ouka and Mikoto down at the middle floors, maybe Chugasa as well, but she could only act as a supporter. The rest unfortunately would only slow you down." the god sighed apologetically. "She's right... We need more numbers."

Kiez face drop down even more, but then he smiled and looked up. An idea forming in his head. "The guild! We can ask for them to help!"

"While it may be true, it will take time for them to arrange adventurers that would participate in a search party." Denki shook his head. "And right now, time isn't really in our side." he then bit the nail on his thumbs again, as he racked his brain to think of a solution. "But perhaps..." he looked at the leftover food they have bought yesterday from the hostess of fertility, set up in the table as a quick breakfast for them to eat.

Helga looked at the young samurai, she followed his gaze. The same thoughts forming inside her head "You think she'll lend us a hand?"

"She likes Bell quite a lot. And it's worth a shot." Denki looked towards Kiez, a plan forming inside his head. He issued an order towards the young spear user. "Kiez go to the adventurers guild and issue a quest, their might be other adventurers willing to help as well."

"But didn't you say that doing so may take time?" Lysander asked, his voice sounding a bit confused.

"It will if we ask the guild to arrange the quest for us, but for a personal quest, especially from a god, some adventurers might be inclined to accept it." Denki answered, he then look back at Heracles, his eyes asking for permission.

The god understood Denki's intention, using his name in the quest would garner interest for the others, especially if it means gaining his favor. Heracles nod, giving Denki the green light.

"Add my name on it as well." Hestia chimed in. "Bell is my child, and if the quest is from two gods, it would garner more attention."

"Understood." Denki nod at Hestia. "Kiez you heard her, go to the guild and use lord Heracles and lady Hestia's name."

"On it!" Kiez rushed, running as fast as he can.

"The rest of you, prepare, we will be leaving at noon, using two gods' name would probably bring 2 or 3 adventurer if we wait till noon to move." Denki looked at everyone, standing as the defacto leader of the expedition. He then moved towards the door, carrying only his katana with him.

"And where are you going?" Thorne asked. "You said that we should be ready by noon."

"I'm getting more firepower." Denki looked back and smirked.

.
.
.
.
.

Bell, Welf, and Lili, moved quickly at the middle floors, every step was careful, every turn was heart-pounding. Thankfully they have a morbul which repealed the monsters in their area, but it was still stressful knowing that one mistake in here may end in their demise.

They were in a bit of a pinch, Welf had broken his ankle yesterday while they were running away from the monsters, and Bell was now helping him walk, using his shoulders as support for the blacksmith to lean on.

The three of them breath roughly, every whiff of air hurted their lungs, don't get it wrong, it was not because of fatigue. Sure they were tired. -Extremely so- But the reason that they were breathing like this is because of the morbul Lili is carrying to ward away the monsters.

"Lil pup... Can't you do anything with that smell?" Welf asked, the smell of the morbul was so disgusting, he lost count on how many times he gagged.

A vein popped at the pallum's head, she looked back angrily at the red head. "I'm sorry, but I'm closer to it than you are! Why don't you hold it instead and do something about the smell! You're not the only one who smells it! I smell it too!" A rapid fire rant escaped the little pallums mouth as Bell and Welf could only reel back helplessly, with Lili waving the morbul at their direction. And she was still going...

.
.
.

The three resumed their dive, a bit afraid of Lili in the process, Welf and Bell can only shut up, and suck it in. The smell making them nauseous.

"This is our final lifeline. With this stench around us, the monsters will stay away." Lili kept on ranting, pouting as the smell enters her nostril.

"I know but..." Welf said, still grumbling about the smell. "It just smell so bad."

Bell smiled awkwardly, as he helped Welf walk. "We can't help it We-" he stopped at the middle of his words as he sense a presence at their flank, they turned seeing a lone Hellhound. The monster began to take a deep breath, as fire started to form in it's  jaws.

Bell hurriedly gripped his weapon, but before he could move, Welf kneeled down in front of him, extending his hand towards the monster. "Leave it to me!" he exclaimed as he began chanting his spell. "Burn out, dark magic! WILL-O-WISP!!!"

Before the hellhound could release it's attack, the flame that was forming in it's jaws, was shoved back inside it's body by Welf's magic, causing an ignis fatuus. The monster's body expanded as the mana inside it became unstable, and in the next moment, it exploded.

Welf breathe heavily, he had used that spell multiple times by now in order to save Bell's strength, the white haired adventurer, quickly pulled him back up, and used his shoulder for Welf to lean on.

"No matter how many times I see it, it always amaze me... A spell that uses the enemies magic to make them self destruct." Lili exclaimed, staring in awe at Welf.

"I never really thought of using it this way. It eats a lot of my mana." Welf sighed.

"Are you ok though? You already used it a few times now." Bell asked, worried about his friend.

Welf smiled confidently at Bell. "I'm ok, don't worry. I can still use it a few more times." But his face told a different story as dark circles are now starting to form under his eyes.

Bell sighed internally, he could see that Welf was tired, even more so because of casting the spell non-stop whenever they ran into a lone monster. "Ok." He could only answer with a strained smile, trying to hide the fear and worry he has.

The three of them continued to dive deeper, with the morbul, they only ever encounter a lone monster here and there, with either Welf taking care of it with his magic, or Bell quickly dispatching it with his daggers.

.
.
.
.
.

-Meanwhile in the surface.

The hostess of fertility was filled with adventurers, drinking early in the morning, while some are having a late breakfast to start their day.

The door opened with Denki rushing inside, he looked around, trying to find someone. And at the counter he saw her, the owner of the pub. Mama Mia.

Denki rushed in, cutting through the adventurers skillfully, he sat at the counter and called for the former adventurer. "Miss Mia!" his voice urgent which grabbed the attention of the large female dwarf.

"Denki? How many times do I have to tell you to stop adding honorifics. Just call me Mia." she sighed as she came closer towards the young samurai. "Anyway what can I g-..." she paused when she saw the urgent look he has. "What's wrong?!"

"It's Bell... We need your help." Denki proceeds to explain what happened, how Bell didn't return home last night, how the adventurers of Takemikazuchi familia told them what happened, how they are planning to sweep the middle floors, but lacked numbers to do so. And how they needed help.

Mia had a sour look on her face as she listened to Denki, she placed a hand on her chin, deep in thought and processing the situation as a whole. "While I understand your plight, I'm afraid that I am already retired. It's been year's since I even stepped foot inside the dungeon."

"I know that. But... I don't think we can do it alone. Especially with our numbers and levels." Denki pleaded, his voice, sounding a bit desperate.

"Look Denki, it's just not po-"

"I'll come with you." A voice cut Mia off, the two them turned to see who it was, and saw an elf wearing a waitress uniform looking towards Denki and Mia. "I'll help you find Bell."

.
.
.
.
.

-Adventurers guild.

Kiez panted as he ran towards the counter, heading directly straight towards Sophie. -Which is his adviser, most of Heracles familia expect those who already have one chose Sophie as their adviser as well-

Sophie was shocked to see him this early, usually the adventurers of Heracles familia go in the guild at dawn to exchange their loot. Before Sophie could asked, Kiez spoke rapidly.

"Iliketopostaquest!" he said quickly, making Sophi jump back in surprise. "Amissingpersonquestunderthenam-" Sophie quickly cut her off.

"Woah, slow down a bit. Breath..." the silver haired elf couldn't understand what Kiez said due to how rushed the words were. "Repeat it again."

Kiez took a deep breath, calming himself down. "I like to post a quest. A search for a missing person inside the dungeon."

Sophie's eyes widened when she finally understood what Kiez was speaking. "Wait a minute." she quickly pulled a piece of paper under her counter and a pair of ink and quill to write down the essentials of the quest Kiez is requesting. "Ok, explain the details carefully."

Kiez nod, trying to relax himself, he knew that panicking isn't the answer right now. "Put the quest under Lord Heracles, and lady Hestia's name, add that time is of the essence and the deadline for the meet up would be at noon at Heracles manor."

Sophie had a bitter look on her face, no matter how she looked at it, gathering many at the amount of time given is just impossible, even with two gods putting up the quest. Most adventurers are inside the dungeon, and not many are going in the guild at this hour.

Sophie carefully wrote down the details of the quest. She then looked at Kiez, a look of worry showing in her eyes. "A-and who's the missing person that you're trying to find?"

"The little rookie, Bell Cranel."

Eina who was eavesdroping at their conversation -Everyone was after the mention of Heracles' name- quickly stood from her seat. The half elf receptionist and adviser to Bell practically ran towards Sophie's section of the counter.

"WHAT?!! BELL IS MISSING?!!" Eina face was filled with utter dread. "Since when?!"

"Last night, he didn't return home, and Takemikazuchi familia explained what happened inside the dungeon." Kiez began to explain the whole details to the two. His face morphed to anger when he was at the pass parade part. He blames the Takimekazuchi familia adventurers for what happened, and would continue to do so if anything bad happened to his friend.

While that was happening, a blonde haired man in a hat was listening in, a smile slowly creeping up his face. "Interesting." He mutters to himself. "Asfi dear... Let's go, I like to talk to my dear friend Hestia and offer my assistance to her."

Asfi sighed. "By offering your assistance, you mean me doing all the heavy lifting for you right, Lord Hermes?"

"Don't say that... I'm just helping a friend in need.". Hermes shrugged as he pulled Asfi out of the adventurers guild, his destination, the Heracles manor.

.
.
.
.
.

-Deep in the middle floors

Bell, Welf, and Lili, came to a sudden halt, the disgusting scent that they were smelling was now gone. The three gulped, fear slowly rising in their faces.

"L-Lili?" Bell called nervously. The pallum girl slowly turning to him.

"Y-yes..." Lili, her hand shaking, slowly showed the morbul towards Bell and Welf. "The s-scent bag's effect... Had completely worn off." her voice was filled with fear and dread.

As she said that, multiple roars, and shrieks of monster could be heard all around them, the three of them unconsciously moved closer together, their mind forming the idea of strength in numbers.

Then the ground shook, the sound of thumping inching closer towards them.

"O-Oi... What the hell!" Welf voice was filled with resignation. "What the hell is this?!"

In front of them stood a mob of minotaurs, all snarling at their direction.

"ARGHHH!!!!" Bell screamed, his voice filled with determination, as he gripped his daggers and rushed forward.

One of the minotaur roared, it raised it stone axe above it's head, but Bell was faster. He cut its arm before it could even bring it down.

Bell then proceeded to target it's joints, slashing his daggers so fast that it looked like a blur. And with one final slash towards the minotaur's neck, the monster turned to dust as it's blood sprayed at the white haired adventurer.

Bell then picked up it's weapon, the stone axe was massive in his hands, the others started to rush in, roaring as they charged at the young adventurer.

The whole area was suddenly filled with the sound of chiming bells, as a bright light engulfed the stone axe in Bell's hand.

"What is that?" Welf stared in awe, his eyes glued at the back of Bell, as he stood there all alone facing the mob of monsters.

"ARGHHHH!!!" With a angry scream, Bell took a step forward, his skill activating to the fullest, Argonaut.

*BOOM!!!*

The stone axe glowed so bright, that white light enveloped the whole area, and with one full powered slash, Bell destroyed every monster in front of him.

Welf and Lili, almost lost their balance at how strong Bell's attack was, but their eyes were glued at the back of their friend, who was now standing alone, the monsters gone and by now are starting to turn into dust.

Bell was breathing heavily, he fell on his knees, tired after doing what he did.

"Amazing..." Welf could only mutter in awe.

"...." Lili was speachless, she knew then that Bell was special, but now, she realized that she was still selling him short.

The image of Bell, alone in the middle while holding the stone axe of the minotaur and the corpse of the monsters he had slain slowly turning to dust were stuck in their minds.

-To be continued

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

***

Chapter 103 is now complete. How are you all enjoying the story so far?

Please leave a comment, review, and feedback to help me improve this fanfic. Every little thing helps me understand your preferences and will contribute to writing a better fanfic for you all to enjoy.

Thank you for following this fanfic. I hope you're enjoying it.

Have a good day, everyone. Love y'all.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

141K 2K 20
A man by the name of Daniel Langcaster dies in his world from saving a lot of people during a robbery as such he meets god and he tells him of his d...
2.6K 55 15
A curse boy who is frail and weak, a world that rejects his existence, a world that felt his pain, rage, and agony. Losing somebody important, losing...
840 23 1
Before reading please note that this is Sukuna x Megumi (Sukufushi!!) There are trigger warnings for the following; forced eating, description of v...
47.1K 1.4K 25
"i'll love you to death but I'll expect the same from you" ✧・゚: *✧죽음의 천사・゚:*✧ y/n is super obsessive over people once she falls in love with them an...