Pandora's Ghost [Book 2]

By BelindaRose123

There weren't demons but something else entirely. --- Penelope is trying everything she can to hide her locat... More

Copyright
Author's Note
Chapter 1 : Braid
Chapter 2 : Handcuffed
Chapter 3 : Couple
Chapter 4 : Mark
Chapter 5 : Powerless
Chapter 6 : Control
Chapter 7 : Fear
Chapter 8 : Predator
Chapter 9 : Oath
Chapter 10 : Trust
Chapter 11 : Chimera
Chapter 12 : Opportunity
Chapter 13 : Chase
Chapter 14 : Riders
Chapter 15 : Punishments
Chapter 16 : Stabbed
Chapter 17 : Time
Chapter 18 : Game
Chapter 19 : Feed
Chapter 20 : Essence
Chapter 21 : Hatred
Chapter 22 : Hospitality
Chapter 23 : Vines
Chapter 24 : Intimidation
Chapter 25 : Drug
Chapter 26 : Picture
Chapter 27 : Confidence
Chapter 28 : Drakon
Chapter 29 : Thorns
Chapter 30 : Distraction
Chapter 31 : Lust
Chapter 32 : Bathtub
Chapter 33 : Naked
Chapter 34 : Zion
Chapter 35 : Scent
Chapter 36 : Tongue
Chapter 37 : Questions
Chapter 38 : Basilisk
Chapter 39 : Throne
Chapter 40 : Vampire
Chapter 41 : Backfire
Chapter 42 : Greenhouse
Chapter 43 : Deadly
Chapter 44 : Sacrifice
Chapter 45 : Rival
Chapter 46 : Pleased
Chapter 47 : Sinful
Chapter 48 : Promise
Chapter 49 : Vessel
Chapter 50 : Challenge
Chapter 51 : Protection
Chapter 52 : Loophole
Chapter 53 : Sealed
Chapter 54 : Pleasure
Chapter 55 : Relief
Chapter 56 : Death
Chapter 57 : Protect
Chapter 58 : Spy
Chapter 59 : Ghost
Chapter 60 : Time
Chapter 61 : Plan
Chapter 62 : Trade
Chapter 63 : Brat
Chapter 64 : Smug
Chapter 66 : Vulnerable

Chapter 65 : Chips

213 27 15
By BelindaRose123

Warning: There are some mild descriptions of gruesome scenes.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Zeus was taken care of by two helpers,

A nymph named, Adamanthea,

And a goat named Amalthea.

They hid Zeus from his father Cronus,

A Titan who devours his own children.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Zion wasted no time. The moment he touched down, he sent a torrent of thunder straight for Epimetheus, striking him right in the chest.

The titan zipped back for about a hundred meters, bulldozing through trees and bushes as he went. The impact of Zion's strike created a momentum that couldn't be broken by any element of the forest. It left a clear path to Epimetheus' burnt and smoking body as it lay face down.

Silence rang for a second. The Crocottas surrounding us took a step back. Henry, their leader stood his ground, his irises kept switching from one colour to another, betraying his emotions.

It radiated red and gray, something I guessed meant he was angry and bored to be anywhere near here. But with Epimetheus being his new master, he didn't seem inclined to disobey orders, even if his life was on the line. He remained still as if waiting for something to happen.

Wyatt, on the other hand, took the highway the moment Zion arrived. It made sense
He was the one who had captured Pedro when Zion was absent, leaving a mocking letter that nearly got the eldest triplet thunder-striking the remaining ruins of the old Star-crossed Inc.

A laugh resonated from within the herd of crocottas. Someone stepped out, his eyes alight. "Amazing! You even have the god of thunder backing you up. Your charms know no limit, Penny."

His face morphed, twisting until the face of Epimetheus stared back at me. He had just jumped into another body and used some sort of illusion-like ability to plaster his face onto the stranger's skin like an interchangeable dress.

It meant the previous host wasn't his original vessel. If we ever hoped to kill the titan, we needed to destroy his original human form. The thought almost seemed impossible since Epimetheus always keeps his mortal vessel well hidden.

The titan stepped forward. "So nice to officially meet you, Zion. I heard you've finally taken your place as ruler among the awakened Greek creatures and gods." He tilted his head and glanced at Pharoah who stood solidly beside me and Zion. "You are siding with the sins now? I must say I'm quite surprised. You were also able to locate us so easily. Tell me, god of thunder, have you formed a bond with Pharoah? Or are you also bonded to Penny like she is with Liam?"

I had to remind myself that Epimetheus didn't know that Zeus had taken over Liam's bond.

"You are the titan responsible for kidnapping my brother." Zion's electric irises flared bright with anger. The wind picked up around us, swirling in every chaotic direction. It almost felt like we were in the eye of a huge tornado.

"I was," Epimetheus' lips stretched into an unapologetic smile. "I never thought you'd come here yourself, seeing us you'll be facing a titan, one that could devour you in one swallow. If you die, who will rule Olympus? Thanks to you, I can now get a taste of the big man himself before I ascend to my rightful place; the hero titan who brought down the gods for good. Zeus' daddy will finally respect me." The titan fixed his eyes on the crocotta leader. "Henry, be a good sport and bring my wife to me."

Like an automated robot to his master, the crocotta leader stepped forward, his eyes illuminated into a brighter shade. It didn't take a genius to figure out what he was about to do.

My eyes widened and my body thrummed along with the compulsion-like power that emanated from him. His lips parted and I stiffened, knowing I couldn't stop him even if I tried.

Flashbacks barreled through my thoughts, every scene depicting how easily Henry had gained complete control over my body with just a few words. I silently cursed myself for not killing him when I had the chance.

He was the one creature whose unique ability could control any human that looked at him three times. And when it came to his ability, every human was at risk, including Pandora.

Before Henry could utter a word. Something zipped passed me, whipping my hair sideways as it flew straight and collided with the corocotta leader. They crashed into a massive boulder, shattering it completely. Liam's bat wings, flared out as he shredded his way through Henry. He raised the crocotta high up into the sky before slamming him back with so much force that the floor depressed around them by a few feet. The ground shattered like it was made of glass.

Liam's eyes were a complete red as he ripped Henry limb from limb. The crocotta cried out as his parts flew in different directions, his black blood littering the ground. Liam was literally ripping him to shreds, taking out smaller bits of him like he was picking out candies from a box.

It kept going until Henry's cries died out into a gurgle. Liam ripped out his head, squashing it against the ground beneath his palms. Henry was unrecognizable at this point. Seeing Liam in his animalistic form made me freeze as the sense of fear slithered across my skin.

Zion touched my shoulder, eyes still locked on the gruesome scene before him. He was stunned by Liam's performance but there was no fear in his eyes. "Be glad he's on our side."

I blinked as those words reminded me of who Liam is and everything we have been through together. It was enough to banish any sense of doubt that lingered within my chest.

Zion was right, Liam would never hurt those closest to him. His enemies should be the ones cowering in fear, not me. With that in mind, my emotions slowly morphed into one of longing, pride, and desire as my mind recalled our sacred moment in one of the rooms at Star-crossed Inc.

Being with you is a ride-or-die for me. The sincerity in his gaze was enough to crumble kingdoms. I love you, Gem.

The sin of Lust zapped straight for Epimetheus, leaving Henry's mangled body like a forgotten treasure, Liam was no longer the sweet man who hugged and kissed me, banishing my fears while promising to kill Epimetheus whenever he got the chance. He was a monster on the loose with a craving for death.

His clawed hand sailed straight through Epimetheus' abdomen. It sank in like butter before he struck another hand into his chest and thrust his arm sideways, dividing his body completely while ripping his heart out. It was done in a second that I had to wonder how terrifying it must be to be Liam's target. Epimetheus' body fell away in two parts.

Liam straightened, his powerful back twitched as his wings stretched. Blood splattered his skin. The scales lining the side of his body glistened against the moonlight as his two tails swirled menacingly from left to right.

He turned to me, red eyes zeroing on my shoulder before he snarled. Immediately, Zion withdrew his hand and stepped away from me. Pharoah did the same.

A clap resonated from within the group of crocottas. They parted as Epimetheus came out in another spare body. His smile was so wide it was ecstatic. "Finally! Liam is here. Our family is now complete--"

His head flew sideways as Liam batted him against a tree. The broken body fell to the ground. "Show yourself, coward!" Liam snarled. "Or I'll kill every one of your dolls until there's none left!"

The crocottas took a step back, fear across their face as they debated retreating now that their leader was dead.

"That was very rude." Epimetheus' voice thrummed from within the darkness. "But now that the sin of Lust is here, It's time I revealed my true abilities. We are going to be a family, Liam. You belong to me just like the other sins."

That instant, the crocottas thrummed as their bodies contorted and grew in size, almost thrice as large as their usual forms -- which were the normal size of a random human. They divided like cells, multiplying in numbers.

"Penny," Zion whispered. "Dissolve Hephaestus chains and teleport Pedro away from here."

I shook out of my stupor immediately and nodded, wasting no time as I jumped into action. Zion, Liam, and Pharoah charged at the rapidly dividing group of crocottas. I moved to Poseidon -- who was still conscious -- and hesitated. One wrong step and he could actually kill me.

His blue eyes accessed my form, judging. "What's so special about you that my brothers seem to do your bidding?" I remained silent, not having an answer. He cocked his head. "Pedro voices his displeasure at my attempt to kill you. Even Zeus sides with you."

I pursed my lips, not wanting to lie to the god. "Zion sides with me, not Zeus."

"Zion, Zeus, aren't they all one and the same?"

He wasn't the first person to say that and he most certainly won't be the last.

I turned to the battle around us before turning to him. "We don't have much time. I need to return you to safety and get back to helping my friends. Are you going to kill me?"

He blinked, remaining silent for a few seconds. "No, Chips."

I tensed at the nickname. It reminded me so much of Pedro. Ignoring the calm feeling it brought, I knelt behind the god and got to work. I touched the shackles binding his hands. Immediately it dissolved into dust. Without wasting a second, I created a portal.

"You can't run, Penny!" Epimetheus roared from somewhere among the chaos.

I helped Poseidon to his feet. His limbs were slack as he fought to hold his ground. We shuffled forward. Pedro's scent wafted over me; an assurance that this wasn't a dream. Pedro was here, beside me.

We trudged straight for the portal. Hope sparkled in my chest at the thought of finally getting my best friend and his godly counterpart out of here. After so long, it was finally happening.

The hope snapped shut the moment we hit an invisible barrier that stretched across the portal's opening. I frowned and reached out. My hand passed through easily. But somehow, the portal was preventing Poseidon from going through.

I grunted, creating a different portal, and tried again. It didn't work. I gritted my teeth. Hearing Epimetheus laugh vibrate through the trees. I helped Poseidon to the ground. He was panting, clearly weak, exhausted, and drained.

"Something is stopping you from leaving through my portal," I said.

"It's not just your portal." Poseidon gestured at the dry grass that surrounded the water well; plants he had drained of water to help maintain his strength. Somehow, the dried grass had formed an elliptical shape around the water well. "I can't seem to get my abilities past that."

To further prove his point. He pulled himself to his feet and trudged to the edge of the circle. He reached a hand out, it seemed to have touched something solid, never going further.

My mind immediately drifted to a time in the past. Henry had mentioned that Pedro was somehow tied to the water well. I turned to the abomination of a structure and ran towards it. I didn't want to waste any more time. The sooner I get Pedro out of here, the sooner I get to help my friends and the better the tide turns in our favour.

My palms stretched across the rough stone, willing my chaotic ability to dissolve it to ash. Nothing happened. Why didn't it work?

My eyes stared down into the darkness. Something cold, and dreadful aerated from its depth, screaming at my senses to run while I still can. Everything about it seemed...off.

I swallowed and grabbed a huge rock from the ground before chucking it into the water well. It sailed through the darkness seconds before I heard a muffled thunk. Its floor was nothing but a thick layer of mud. Everything about it seemed normal. And yet, why do I have the compelling urge to get me and my friends far from this place?

The water well felt alive. And somehow, it was responsible for draining Pedro's energy. I need to break whatever bond it has with him. The only problem is, how?

My mind whirled as I tried to figure out something. My thoughts went to the tattoo mark on my wrist which bonded me to Zion. Then it went to the mark on Hunter's neck that bonded him to Dimitri. Then there's the jewelry every awakened god wears on their vessel to permanently bind themselves to them. An object. They all require an object or a mark!

I turned to Poseidon. "Did Epimetheus take something from you? Anything at all?"

Poseidon weakly sat on the ground, elbows to his knees, and frowned. "Not that I'm aware of?"

"What about Pedro?"

The god sighed. "My vessel and I were barely conscious throughout our capture. I do not have the answers you seek, Little Biscuit."

My eyebrows furrowed at the new nickname. Does he even realize what he is saying? One look at his face confirmed he probably does and doesn't care. Somehow Pedro's character was slowly seeping into the god's personality.

Zion, Zeus, aren't they all one and the same?

I shook my head and brought myself back to the present. I stepped closer, sat on my heels, and grabbed Poseidon's sleeves, rolling each one and checking for any marks on his skin. Finding none, I ripped open his shirt, buttons flying as I tried to view his chest.

Poseidon chuckled. "Such a rush to get it on with the sea god. Patience, There's enough of me for everyone."

"Shut up," I mumbled and he growled. I proceeded to tilt his chin to expose his neck. Nothing. There was nothing on his skin that hinted at a bond. If there's no mark, then how--

"Behind you!" The sea god cried out. I was a second too late before someone grabbed my wrist and forcefully pulled me to my feet.

Epimetheus' face reared into focus as he grinned down at me. "There you are, Wife."

Happy New Year to everyone and I wish you all the very best.

Remember to vote, comment, and share. It will be very much appreciated💜💜💜

Good news, the next chapter will be updated this coming Saturday. *Makes a weak ✨Yay✨*

So please stay tuned💜💜💜

Had to divide the chapter into two, hehe

This is a little snippet from the next chapter. Hopefully, nothing changes before then...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

398K 22.9K 47
(SEVEN DEADLY SONS BOOK 1) Lust, Glutton, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy and Pride. These are the SEVEN DEADLY SINS that humans have constantly been...
406 79 17
--- UPDATED WEEKLY: FRIDAY 12:30 GMT --- Children of Pandora: The Pandorians A society of second chancers. "I'm...no different," Mia whispered. Her g...
119 37 11
Pandora and Nea are just trying to finish their senior year without flunking. Pandora, however, is a Half-Demon, which means her life was never going...
5.7K 411 69
Cory, a cursed demigod fights his way through the many changing worlds, to find his family's killer or so it started. He is joined by mutiple demigod...