Shattered Souls (BTS)

By littletroublemaker_

Escaping fate is not easy. Growing up with a soulless mother, Madeline didn't want a soul mate. But when she... More

Authors Note
Chapter 1: Madeline
Chapter 2: Madeline
Chapter 3: BTS
Chapter 4: Jungkook
Chapter 5: Madeline
Chapter 6: Yoongi
Chapter 7: Madeline
Chapter 8: Hoseok
Chapter 9: Madeline
Chapter 10: Madeline
Chapter 11: Namjoon
Chapter 12: Madeline
Chapter 13 - Seokjin
Chapter 14 - Taehyung
Chapter 15: Jimin
Chapter 16: Hoseok
Chapter 17: Jimin
Chapter 18: Madeline
Chapter 19: Madeline
Chapter 20 - Namjoon
Chapter 21 - Madeline
Chapter 22 - Madeline
Chapter 23 - Madeline
Chapter 24: Seokjin
Chapter 25 - Madeline
Chapter 26 - Jungkook
Chapter 28: Yoongi
Chapter 29: Madeline
Chapter 30: Madeline
Chapter 31: Madeline
Chapter 32: Seokjin
Chapter 33: Madeline
Chapter 34: Namjoon
Chapter 35: Madeline
Chapter 36: Madeline
Chapter 37: Hoseok
Chapter 38: Madeline
Chapter 39: Jimin
Chapter 40: Madeline
Chapter 41: Madeline
Chapter 42: Taehyung
Chapter 43: Madeline
Chapter 44: Madeline

Chapter 27: Madeline

1.4K 72 5
By littletroublemaker_

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, Liberty, Destined, and The King's Lost Queen. You can also read ahead of my new stories Shattered Souls plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count: 2237

SHE HAD BEEN ambushed by her family and soul mates. When Dash offered to take her for a walk today, she leaped at the opportunity to get away from her hovering family and get some fresh air.

Madeline never expected her own brothers would plot against her and arrange for two of her handsome soul mates to be there, waiting. She hated to admit it but they both looked divine in their fashionable and trendy outfits. She could see their strong physiques under their baggy tops.

She had to scold herself for thinking of them in such a way. She was supposed to remain cold and indifferent. That was how she would be able to push them away.

But then Jungkook gave her his puppy eyes. He certainly knew they were his ultimate weapon. She could already tell nobody had ever said no to him when he used that look.

Melting at that look, she conceded and began walking with them.

Madeline didn't even realize how easy it was for her to forget about what had happened. The conversation flowed smoothly. Whilst it was small talk, it was still fun and interesting. She actually enjoyed it.

All was going well, until Jungkook accidentally brushed his hand with hers, causing an explosion of pleasure.

She jolted away as if he had hurt her—even though it was the complete opposite.

It didn't hurt in the slightest. It was the best feeling ever and even though it was fleeting, it felt like it lasted hours.

Her attention was brought to her wrist. Another beautiful golden mark stared back at her, almost taunting her. Jungkook's mark. That meant there was only Yoongi and Jin left. The two oldest.

She couldn't believe she had nearly completed the bond. If she completed the bond with all seven, Madeline would struggle to be away from her soul mates for long periods of time. She could get quite ill from being away from them.

Somehow, Madeline would have to make sure this didn't happen. There could be no more accidents. Perhaps Madeline should try and avoid them more. She'd have to be careful when her family invited her out and keep an eye out at college.

Avoiding them meant she couldn't complete the bond.

Jungkook was staring at her with petrified eyes. The man looked guilty and terrified of her reaction. She didn't want to upset him. Once again, Madeline reprimanded herself for being so considerate. She cared about them. Even through everything, she did. She didn't want to hurt them the way they hurt her.

"I'm sorry," Jungkook kept repeating those two words even after she had asked if the bond was completed.

Sympathy swirled in her stomach. She wanted to alleviate his worries but saying "it's fine" would be a lie. It was not fine.

"It...happens," Internally, she winced at her pathetic words. It happens? Sure, he accidentally bonded with her, tying himself to her for the rest of her life. But oh well. Shit happens.

Hobi patted Jungkook's shoulder and whispered encouraging and assuring words to him. His anxiety seemed to reduce at that. Madeline watched their encounter like a hawk, feeling envy at their bond. If only things were different. If only she wasn't so messed up...

"Why did you decide to stay?" She blurted out the question, desperate to hear it from their own ears.

They both stopped talking and swung their penetrating gazes at her. Jungkook's eyes were glassy from tears and his cheeks had a slight rosy tinge to them. He looked so beautiful like that. Madeline thought it was unfair how somebody could look so gorgeous, even in their worst moments. If the roles were reversed, she would look like she'd been dragged through a storm.

Hobi took the lead with the answer, stepping closer to her. She could faintly smell his manly cologne and could feel her body tingle.

"You might have given up on us be we haven't given up on you. You can push us away but we'll keep coming back. We're not going to leave like you think we will. We don't want anybody else. It's you. It always will be. And soon, you'll see that." Hobi declared in a fierce and determined voice.

Her breath shook, taken aback by his words. She had not expected him to say something so intense.

"I—I want to believe you," She muttered under her breath. "I so desperately want what you told me in the hospital to be real. But...I've seen a lot of heartbreak because of soul mates. I know for a fact I won't survive if you abandon me."

Her admission left her two soul mates stunned.

She had even surprised herself. She never thought she'd admit some of her fears to them so...openly. Being around them made her feel too at ease. It was unnerving.

"It's okay to be afraid. It's okay to not want to get hurt. Those are all valid things. But if you live your life like that, then you're never really living. Do you truly want to be alone? Because if you really want to live like that, then we will leave and you'll never see us again." Hobi told her, maintaining eye contact. He was giving her a chance to get rid of them. If her true desire was to be alone like her mom, then this was her opportunity.

Whilst he remained confident and in charge, beneath that facade, he looked terrified. She knew it must have taken a lot of courage to do that, especially without consulting the others. He had essentially doomed them if she said didn't want to see them again.

The ultimatum left her a mess.

A huge part of her was ready to tell them she didn't want them and to run away. That would be the safe option. But Hobi was right. Did she really want to live alone, like her mom?

That horrible dream she had came to mind. She was a mistake—that was what she believed deep down. She didn't deserve them.

But why didn't she? What had she done that was so bad? Being born? Her father never gave her any indication she was a mistake. Neither did June or her brothers.

Her next words could determine her entire future. If she chose the safe option, then she'd live like she always had been, half-living. She'd be an outsider, staring into everyone else's happy and content lives.

But if she chose to be with them, she would hopefully feel what she's always wanted to feel. Love. But with love, came heartache and pain. She'd experience that too.

Something June once told her came to mind. Life is beautiful and messy. Nobody is ever guaranteed complete happiness. There will be trials. There will be highs and lows. But that's what makes it so great. You have to face the bad so that you can truly appreciate the good.

It was cheesy but she was right. You had to face the bad—the sadness and pain—in order to have the good moments.

With that last thought in mind, she finally answered.

"I don't want to be alone. I never did. But I don't know how to do this. It's completely new territory for me. I—I'm afraid." She admitted, opening up.

Seeing this, Hobi moved closer and gently took her hand. The bond sang with joy and her heart thundered in her chest.

"We don't really know what to do either. It's new for all of us. Instead of one person leading, why don't we navigate it together?" He suggested, glancing at Jungkook to see if he was on board.

He still had a slight dazed look to him but he nodded his head vehemently in agreement.

"I'm terrified too but isn't it better to all be terrified than nobody? You're not alone," Jungkook said in perfect English. His new bond had given him the gift of understanding her language.

"Okay," She blew out a breath. "But it won't be easy for me. I won't always open up and I will run if I see anything dangerous."

"Don't worry, darling," Hobi murmured in a soothing voice. "If you run, we'll catch you."

***

AFTER THEIR SHORT date, Madeline headed home feeling lighter and...happy.

Dash interrogated her the whole way home, asking what had happened. He could tell something good had happened, based on the small spring in her steps. Thankfully, her father and June were at work when she got home so they couldn't ask her any questions.

She found Lemar playing an intense video game in his room. She hadn't spent as much time with him lately.

He was a very closed-off person like herself and only hung out with his best friend, Charlie. She had met him a few times and liked that he was quiet and calm.

Madeline watched the screen for a few moments, enjoying the fact they could sit in a room and not say anything without it being awkward.

Once he had finished his level, he paused the game and smiled at her. "How was the walk?"

By the tone of his voice, she could tell he knew that her soul mates would be there.

"It was... surprising," She admitted, vaguely.

"Hmm," Lemar hummed. Madeline readjusted her position on her bean bag, getting comfortable.

"What you said the other day stuck with me. You hit the mark. I don't want to upset my mom, nor do I want to face the possibility of losing my soul mates. I recalled what you and your mom said during the walk and managed to talk freely with my soul mates." She told him, grateful he had told her what she needed to hear. It was painful at the time but it was necessary.

Lemar blushed at her words and averted his eyes, "I thought I was quite harsh that day. I should have been gentler with my words."

Madeline shook her head, "No, you said it how it should be said. That was one of the reasons it had such a lasting effect on me. I'm not mad at you. I'm glad you told me."

He let out a relieved sigh.

"But I was wondering, you spoke like you could sort of understand my reluctance about my soul mates. Have you been thinking about yours?" She wondered aloud, glancing at him from her peripheral view.

Lemar took a moment to reply. The atmosphere in the room shifted, highlighting his nerves.

Madeline sensed Lemar was going to tell him something big.

"I—" His voice got caught, cracking at the end. "Oh, god. I don't know why I'm so nervous. You're the first person I'm telling this and whilst I know you won't judge or have anything against it, I'm still nervous as hell."

Madeline didn't say anything but she gave him an encouraging look. She'd let him figure out his words in his own time. She wouldn't push.

"I think Charlie is my soul mate," He announced, loosening a breath once the words were out.

Madeline smiled at him, softly. "That's great news." She might be hesitant about the subject of soul mates but she still wanted her brothers to be happy. They all wanted to meet their soul mates. "You must feel a strong pull towards him to think he's your soul mate. You still have three years until your tattoo appears."

Lemar nodded his head, "I've been battling the idea for a while. I didn't know I liked guys until one day...I saw him in a new light. He's...the person I'm closest to and I want to be with him. But I'm afraid he doesn't feel the same way. We've never talked about soul mates. I think he sees me as his best friend. If I tell him, I'm scared he'll stop being my friend."

Lemar combed his long blonde hair back in stress, afraid of what would happen if he told Charlie his feelings.

"Do you want to be with him now?" She asked.

"Yes, I do."

"Then, you have to take that leap. Otherwise, you'll be stewing in your thoughts, wondering if he does or doesn't. You're a brave person, Lemar. I know you can tell him." She advised.

"So, you're okay with me being gay or bi?" He hesitantly asked after considering her words.

"Of course, you're my little brother. The one who I used to draw with and throw into the pool. You'll always be Lemar. I'm honored you told me first."

Madeline stood up and gave him a tight hug. Despite being three years younger than her, he was a few inches taller than her. He clutched onto the back of her top, physically showing his gratitude to her.

"I love you, little bro. I always will. No matter what." She whispered into his ear, truthfully.

"I love you too, Madi."

You can also read ahead on Inkitt for a small fee! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.8K 804 20
Warning: This story is fictional and has nothing to do with real life events or the actual members of BTS. It may contain depictions of violence, blo...
1.4K 76 7
**Bangtan Boys Series Book 4 of 7** On the outside he has everything you could ever wish for fame, money and love. On the inside his heart is broken...
72K 4.8K 70
This is the sequel to "With The First Kiss * A BTS Reverse Harem" I recommend to read that one first. But you could read it as a stand alone if you...
4.8K 267 34
Kwon Haru, a normal 18 year old, had to move to a prestigious school where she chase her dreams to be a singer. She thought that life will be normal...