Steven Universe- Lapis Lazuli...

By asteroidbelt38

You are currently A High School Graduate, And One Day as you moved out of your home, You settle down in a Qui... More

Bio
Prologue/Mirror Gem
Ocean Gem
Warp Tour
Alone Together
Marble Madness
The Message
Political Power
The Return
Jail Break
Full Disclosure
Joy Ride
Reformed
Sworn to the Sword
Keeping It Together
We Need to Talk
Chille Tid
Cry for Help
Keystone Motel
Friend Ship
Nightmare Hospital
Sadie's Song
Catch and Release
When It Rains
Back to the Barn
Too Far
Steven's Birthday
It Could've Been Great
Message Recived
Log Date 7 15 2
Super Watermelon Island
Gem Drill
Same Old World
Barn Mates
Hit the Diamond (+18)(πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹)
Drop Beat Dad
Mr. Greg
Too Short to Ride
Monster Reunion
Alone At Sea
Gem Hunt
Crack the Whip
Bismuth
Beta
Earthlings
Back to the Moon
Bubbled
Kindergarten Kid
Last One Out Of Beach City
Gem Harvest
Steven's Dream
Adventures in Light Distortion
Gem Heist
The Zoo
That Will Be All
The New Crystal Gems
Storm in the Room
Room for Ruby
Lion 4: Alternate Ending
Doug Out
The Good Lars
Are You My Dad?
I Am My Mom
Stuck Together
The Trial
Off Colors
Lars' Head
Gemcation
Raising the Barn
Back to the Kindergarten
Sadie Killer

Rose's Scabbard

1.1K 30 22
By asteroidbelt38

(You and Steven are walking through the Gem battlefield, covered in strawberry bushes, with the Gem and Lion, You take a strawberry and eat it, You get Looks from Steven and The Gems.)

Y/N: What, I didn't have breakfast 

Steven: Anyway, This place is even bigger and more weapon-y than I remember.

Pearl: This was a site of a historic battle. Every weapon here was left by a Gem over 5,000 years ago. I don't like to disturb it, but Garnet said we can't just leave these lying around.

(Garnet picks up a giant battle-axe and hoists it over her shoulder.)

Garnet: Never know when you might need one of these.

(You gasp and get stary-eyed)

Y/N: Gimme!!

Pearl: Slow Down Y/N

Y/N: Fine

Steven: I actually need one of those all the time!

Pearl: Why don't you two look for one that's more... you?

Steven: Okay! Lion, come help us look.

(Lion start a butterfly and walks away after it.)

Steven: Aw, come on.

Pearl: You really need to train that thing better.

Steven: Oh, we've been making progress, now he looks at me when I say his name!

(Steven begins to repeatedly call Lion's name, but Lion ignores him and starts digging in the ground.)

Steven: Uh, sometimes...

(Lion's digging reveals a pink object in the dirt.)

Pearl What's he got now?

(Lion lifts the object up in his mouth, revealing to be a scabbard.)

Pearl *gasps* That's the scabbard for Rose's sword! *tries to snatch it from Lion's mouth* Gimme! Gimme! 

Y/N: Now Look who needs to "Slow Down"

Pearl: *takes hold of the scabbard and waves her hand at Lion* Shoo, shoo.

(Lion grunts at Pearl, unamused.)

Steven: Mom fought here?

Pearl: That's right! And I fought alongside her.

Y/N: What was it like

Pearl: Well...

Y/N: Have you ever had to fuck up some Homeworld Gems, Y'know

(You grab some strawberries and squeeze them as red juices came out, You were imitating a blood curdling scream and lie on the ground grunting, just You being dramatic)

Pearl: What?

(Steven whispers something in Pearls ear, Pearl looks in shock)

Pearl: Goodness, No!!

(You laugh and high five Amethyst)

Amethyst: Man, I wish I could've seen it!

Y/N: Same

Garnet: No, you don't. Countless Gems were broken here. It was a maelstrom of destruction and death.

Pearl: *jumps in* But we won! Your mother led us to glorious victory! The odds were against us, and our hearts were uncertain. But we chose to fight alongside Rose, and here we made our stand against our Homeworld!

[Trans. Int. Beach House]

(You and The Crystal Gems warp back home, with the weapons they have gathered from the battlefield.)

Amethyst: This is great! My room's been needing another pile.

Garnet: Amethyst! Help me with this axe.

(Amethyst and Garnet try to fit the battle-axe through the Temple Gate, conservating and making a commotion in the background,.)

Pearl: It's been ages... *looks at the scabbard and blushes*

Amethyst: (background) Turn it clockwise! No, your other clockwise!

(Steven stares at Pearl.)

Pearl: W-What is it, Steven?

Steven: What was Mom like?

Y/N: Yeah, actually I was wonder where a Mrs. Universe was, Pearl did you know 

Pearl: Quartz, Rose Quartz, She was courageous, and brilliant... *looks at the painting of Rose* And beautiful... Sometimes, you look so much like her.

Steven: Really...?

(You look at Steven, And then the painting, You the look at Steven then squint a bit)

Y/N: Yeah, Now I see it

(You, Steven and Pearl look behind briefly at the commotion Amethyst and Garnet are causing.)

Amethyst: (background) Yeah, lift it backwards!

Garnet: (background) You mean "pull!"

Amethyst: (background) Yeah, "pull," sure.

Pearl: Hey, Steven... Maybe you should hold onto this. *hands Steven the scabbard*

Steven: Woah... Thanks, Pearl. If anything tries to eat me, I'll bop them with this! *swings the scabbard*

Pearl: That's just the scabbard, Steven. It held your mother's sword. Nothing else could fit so perfectly inside. For all this time it's been... incomplete.

Steven: Well, let's complete it. Where's the sword?

(Garnet manages to fit the battle-axe through the door.)

Amethyst: That's it! Yeah, you got it! *runs through the door, and it closes behind her*

Pearl: Can you two keep a secret?

Steven: A secret?!

Y/N: Sure, What's up?

Pearl: *covers both Your and Stevens mouths* Shh! It's a secret, even to Garnet and Amethyst. Rose had a place that she kept hidden from all but me, *Turns to Steven* but you have her gem. That place is yours now, and I can show it to you!

Steven Uh, okay.

Y/N: Can I come, I wanna see Your mom's cool weapon, Pleeeease?

(You bat your eyes at Pearl and flash a big grin at her)

Pearl: Well, I guess so, But as long as you keep it a secret

Y/N: Chillax P, These lips

(You make a gesture of you zipping your lips up and locking them with a key)

Y/N: Are sealed 

(Steven and Pearl warp into a canyon, with Steven looking extremely confident.)

Pearl: Now it's just a three-hour hike that way, followed by a vertical climb at 90 degrees. Think you can handle it?

Y/N: Pssshhh, Bring it on

(Steven's confidence quickly fades away. Time passes, as Pearl climbs up the mountains with Steven strapped onto her back, You follow behind.)

Pearl: I was Rose's sole confidant— for the words she could share with no one else, I was there to listen.

Steven: Why'd she keep so many secrets?

Y/N: Did She have like a dark and mysterious past?

Pearl: She had to keep secrets! It's the mark of a great leader, knowing just what to keep hidden from everyone you're trying to protect. Everyone except me! *chuckles* And as for your Question Y/N, She actually use to be-

Y/N: Never mind we're here

Pearl: But-

Y/N: WE'RE HERE, WE'RE HERE', WE'RE HERE!!!!

(The three of you eventually reaches the top and arrive at a huge platform in the middle of a flooded cave.)

Pearl: Welcome to Rose's Secret Armory! *smiles widely*

Steven: Woah... I've been here before!

Pearl: *smile quickly fades away* Wha— ? You must be thinking of someplace else, I'm the only other Crystal Gem that's witnessed the Armory's magnificence before now.

Steven: Nuh-uh, Lion showed me.

Pearl: The lion?!

Y/N: Lion showed you this?

(Steven beckons You and Pearl and you walk towards the center of the platform.)

Steven: Yeah! There's all kinds of great stuff hidden in here.

(The platform begins to glow as Steven steps on it, startling Pearl a bit.)

Pearl:  I know! That's why I brought you here! Now let me show you how you can access the artillery.

Steven: That's okay! I can do it without you. Wham!

(Steven walks up and presses his hand on the hand pedestal. Nothing happens for a brief moment.)

Steven: Oh, right! *pokes himself in the cheek, and the armory activates* We got some... axes.

Pearl: The Axes of Ages?

Steven: *pokes his side* Oh! We got spikey chain lady and her metal dealies.

Pearl: The Heretic's Anguish?!

Steven: We got a... *pokes his side again* O-oh! Three pack of laser light cannons.

Pearl: The Quartizine Trio!

Steven: *pokes his nose* Boop! And... a whole lot of these armor guys.

Pearl: *gets frustrated* The Armor of the Fallen!

Steven: ... What were we looking for?

Pearl: Her sword! Your mother's sword! *projects a hologram of the sword* It's a straight bladed saber that's pink with a red handle. There are vines etched in the guard that connect to a rose-shaped pommel.

Steven: Oh, I know where that is.

Y/N: Where exactly? 

Pearl: (The hologram turns into a exclamation mark.) *dumbfounded* Huh?

[Trans. Int. Beach House]

(Steven approaches to pull Rose's Sword out of Lion's mane as the Gems watch.)

Steven ♫ Dadadadada... Here it is! ♫

Pearl: Rose's sword, how did it get in there?

Steven: I don't know. *hands the sword to Pearl, and she slots it in the scabbard* But there's a ton of stuff in there, I keep stuff in him too.

(He jumps into Lion's mane and jumps out riding his bike.)

Steven: Ta-da!

Pearl: But how?

(Pearl tries to enter Lion's mane, but he growls at her.)

Pearl: Does Lion have something to do with Rose?

Amethyst: Oh... of course! THAT'S why he's pink!

Garnet It's a little obvious.

Y/N: Did Your mom, Have Lion at first Steven?

Steven: I don't know

Pearl: But... Rose didn't have a lion.

(Steven puts his helmet and bike back into Lion.)

Steven: It seems like her stuff in there.

Pearl: NO! Rose didn't have a lion, because if Rose had a lion I would have known about it!

Garnet: Rose kept many things secret, even from us.

Pearl: But not from me, I was the one she told everything!! *starts tearing up*

Amethyst: Yo, you're not the ONLY one who misses her!

Pearl: YOU can't understand how I feel, NONE of you had what we had!

Steven: She probably just wanted to protect you, like everyone else.

Pearl: WHAT DO YOU KNOW?!?! YOU'VE NEVER EVEN MET HER!!!!!

(Pearl slams her fist into the wall, which causes the painting of Rose to fall.) 

Y/N: Damn

(Pearl gasps and Garnet quickly catches it. Pearl looks at Steven and then runs off.)

Amethyst: Fine, go! Go cry about it!

(Pearl warps away, as Garnet hangs the painting back on the wall.)

Steven: Where did she go?

Amethyst Who cares? I HATE it when she gets like this.

Steven Garnet?

(Garnet does not reply, and Steven wipes his tear in his eyes.)

Y/N: Is Pearl going to be okay?

(Garnet does not reply again.)

Y/N: Well then, Let's go find her

Steven: *turns to Lion* Do you know where she went?

(Lion growls in response.)

Steven: I'm going to assume that means you do. *hops on Lion's back along with You* Let's go find Pearl!

(Lion opens a portal with his magical roar and jumps in with You and Steven.)

Garnet: Good luck.

[Trans. Int. Gem Battlefield, Night time]

(Steven and Lion arrive at the Gem Battlefield and spot Pearl standing alone, embracing Rose's sword.)

Y/N: Steven, Look!!

Steven: Pearl?

Pearl: *quickly runs off* Leave me alone!

(You, Steven and Lion begin chasing after her, catching up to her with Lion's portals.)

Steven: Wait for me!

(Pearl runs in a different direction and jumps off a cliff onto floating chunks of earth.)

Pearl: Get that thing away from me!

Steven: You better sit this one out, Lion.

Y/N: Great, More Running

(You and Steven get off Lion and start jumping across the chunks of earth too.)

Steven: Okay, I've had a talk with Lion, he's gonna, uh, chill out here, uh, we're alone now, nice and private.

(Pearl ignores Steven continues to jump higher, while Steven struggles to catch up.)

Y/N: Come on Pearl, This getting Shitty, Ugh, *Turns to Steven* Come on

(You and Steven eventually arrives at the top-most chunk. Pearl stands on a huge platform, separated by a large gap in between You, Steven and her.)

Steven: This is really hard to do in sandals. *chuckles*

Pearl: Go away!

Y/N: Just talk to us, Damn it!!

Steven: Pearl! Did I... did I do something wrong? You got to tell me!

(Steven attempts to jump across the gap to reach Pearl, but falls when he sees her anguished face.)

You and Pearl: STEVEN!

(Steven quickly grabs onto a root of the platform at the last second and climbs back up, You jump across to where Steven was, You hung on to the edge of the platform and pulled yourself up.)

Y/N: Now then

Steven: PEARL! Pearl, you have to tell me what's wrong.

Pearl: Sometimes, you even sound like her... Do you remember this place? Do you have any of her memories? We were right here, over 5,000 years ago.

(Pearl summons a hologram of Rose Quartz and begins to reenact an ecnounter with her.)

Holo-Rose: Pearl...

Pearl: Yes?

Holo-Rose: I'm going to stay and fight for this planet. You don't have to do this with me.

Pearl: But I want to!

Holo-Rose: I know you do. Please, please understand if we lose, we'll be killed, and if we win, we can never go home.

Pearl:But why would I ever want to go home, if you're here?

(Holo-Rose chuckles and offers her hand to Pearl.)

Holo-Rose: My Pearl.

Pearl: You're wonderful...

(Pearl grasps Holo-Rose's hand, and the hologram disappears soon after.)

Y/N: She really is, Ain't she?

(You sit next to Pearl)

Y/N: You ready to talk now?

(Pearl nods her head)

Pearl: Everything I ever did, I did for her. Now she's gone, but I'm still here. Sometimes, I wonder if she can see me through your eyes. *sighs* What would she think of me now?

(Steven struggles to comprehend her feelings and hugs Pearl from behind.)

Steven Well... I think you're pretty great.

(You place your hand on Pearl's Shoulder)

Y/N: Same

(Pearl begins to cry and the pair embraces each other for a while. You eventually return back to Lion, and Pearl returns Rose's Sword back into Lion's mane. Steven pulls out a top hat and does a magic trick with Lion's mane for Pearl. Steven then jumps into Lion and comes back out with Rose's Battle Flag. Pearl, unheard, tells a story to You and Steven while holding her flag proudly.)

Pearl: (unheard) ...and out of nowhere, when it seemed impossible, Rose charged in with me by her side!

(You, Steven and Pearl then ride on Lion back home, while Pearl hoists the flag over her shoulder.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.8K 488 32
[COMPLETED!] The story of our two favorite gems finding comfort and desire within each other's arms! Peridot, along with many others, is tr...
8.3K 288 24
(I do not own any rights to Steven universe, all credit goes to Rebecca Sugar and Cartoon Network) (This story is much more slice of life in nature...
5.2K 433 24
Imagine Beach City. A normal city, normal people, normal society, a normal school. Or, at least, one can only assume so. Some might say that their sc...
30.1K 892 37
a sweet and dramatic story about how Peridot and Lapis came together and became close. Peridot not having many friends, is a nerd, rich, awkward, and...