Bad Habits - (Shouto x OC)

Par outlander17

MOST NOTABLE RANKINGS SO FAR: #1 in Todoroki #1 in Shoto #3 in mha #2 in Shouto Todoroki #12 in anime "Your... Plus

The Promotion
Hero Season
Definitely (not) Mind Games
Character Information & A Little Look At What's To Come
Literal Odds
It Was A Good Joke. A Great One Even
Oh, How The Turn Tables
Tomato, Tomahto
I Don't Think It's a Joke Anymore.
Bound.....together
Crowd of D!cks
A$$less Chaps
Olympians & Deadbeats
Your Dream Girl Won't Just Fall From The Sky...
Mizuchi
Foreplay, But With Wrists
Our Thing
Daydreaming In My Underwear
And If I'm Lying, Then May The Devil Himself Take Me Away.
Yoogle, Save Us
New Plan
Definitely A Closet Fu€kboi
Golden Hour
Hashtags, Identities, & Fried Chicken
Vines, Rhymes, & Not Trying Times.
Shouto TodoRIZZki
Craving a Taste
'Doing It'
Shouto The Party Animal
Ur So Funny, I Could Fu*k U
Lemons & Games
More Twists Than Just Twister
Attached
Noise
New Overseer
Sussy Gatekeeping
Kind Of Taking Initiative, But Also Not Really
New Lesson Plan
Hot For Teacher
How To Seduce A Woman
Secret Weapons Reveal All
Ole' Reliable
Suitors
Can't Lie
Emila? Erin? Elizabeth? Elise-
The Price Is(n't Always) Right
Experimenting...
The Man
Love So Good, It Gives You A Concussion
(Lack Of) Boundaries
Never Better
Bad Habits 50k Special: First Day of The Rest of Our Lives
Destined With Fate
Slicked Goodnights...
Life Of Luxury
Same Words, Different Meaning

10/10 Would Smash

541 38 32
Par outlander17

Lani POV:

The walk to Yuna's office came too soon, trying to buy myself time with every heavy step of my feet .

Even if Shouto was currently the one holed up in my apartment with a major concussion after losing a fight to my kitchen counter, my head was the one pounding. With the 'excitement' of this morning, I was too distracted to be on my usual A-game for my next meeting with Yuna—which was set to take place in....yeah, one minute.

But, there's just no way to focus.

When I realized my own feelings for Shouto, I never expected him to actually return them. And while that complicates every single thing on our upcoming agenda, right now, my meeting with Yuna takes the cake. In a fit of sarcastic rage—and also because I had a major deadline—I submitted an entire report to my boss last night about the 'success' that was Shouto and Ella. You know, before I realized Shouto's insane point of view of the night.

The date. The kiss. All of it so sickly sweet enough to give even a dentist cavities. Oh yeahhh, that date couldn't have gone better, and I'm too mentally exhausted to figure out how I'm gonna get out of this one. Usually, I'm a pro at bullshitting...

But, the more Shouto's 'shouto-ness' rubs off on me, the harder it gets to lie. That's a bad habit I can't afford to steal from him.

My phone dinged once I was one more door from Yuna's office, and after seeing the name that popped up on the screen, my shoulders physically dropped to the floor.

I don't have time for this right now....

Text Message From: Eiichi
Interesting morning, huh? That was a nice kid who showed up on ur doorstep. Was he looking for the daycare center across the street?
2:47pm.

I sneered in disgust and immediately ignored the message, and it's almost as if the snake himself sensed it when my phone dinged again.

Text Message From: Eiichi
We can talk about it more tonite - Mizuchi wanna talk to us about a big deal. Meet me in the usual spot at 9 and we'll head there together. Don't be late.
2:47pm.

Great. My two worlds colliding. I dunno how Hannah Montana did it. But, then again, her second identity also wasn't a drug dealer—you know, except in that one mafia fanfic I read when I was twelve.

Ignoring Eiichi's message, I pocketed my phone and entered Yuna's office, feeling my brain fail me once more for any excuses I could use to get Shouto out of Ella's ratchet clutches—except, she's so proper, I bet her clutches are classy as ever—waxed, polished, and spotless, even.

But, I'm the opposite of classy, and I'll do whatever I can to save my myself. So, I'll go with the next weapon I have in my arsenal—ass kissing.

A lax smile played on my face as I closed the door behind me, giving Yuna a little finger gun when she looked up at me from her desk. "Boss Yuna. Hey, you're looking extra good today. Is that a new girdle?" I buttered her up with a gasp.

She hummed dryly and continued typing on her computer. "I'm both flattered and offended you noticed. Give it a few years and you'll have one of your own."

Stalling time, I wandered around her office and touched all the hero figurines the commission requires each employee to keep on their desk, squinting my eyes to see closer between Hawks' legs. "Eh. Considering I eat cigarettes for breakfast, I'm sure I'll be dead from something else before we cross that bridge. Huhhh? Am I right?"

"We can only hope."

"You're telling me."

"Have a seat, Lani." She said. "I'm just finishing up reading your progress report from Shouto's date last night. It seems things went better than expected?"

And there it is.

Still having no idea how I was going to get myself out of this one, I slid into the seat, forming a small, silent 'oh' from my lips and immediately ceasing it when I remembered that's Shouto's signature trade.

"Ah. Right, the progress report. That ol' thing." I chuckled, subtly grinding my teeth together stressfully. "About that, there's actually something I wanted to-"

Yuna's laptop closed abruptly enough for me to cease talking, watching her turn her attention towards me. A stiff smile was etched on her face, but it didn't go unnoticed by me that it was more stiff than usual—and that's saying something.

"I'm going first." She chimed in snobbishly, causing me to scoff and huff under my breath.

"'Course you are..."

Yuna pressed her lips together and folded her hands. There was a small glint in her eyes, and it's a glint she always has when she's up to something. I couldn't help but get a bit nervous.

"I think it's adorable that the date went well and all, but I'm scrapping the entire idea." She smiled a bit deviously.

And if she was expecting me to be gutted about that, mannn, was she sorely mistaken. Hooohhh, I was relieved, actually I was so relieved, I made the mistake of instinctively showing it.

"Phew. That is so great to hear." I blurted out, exhaling a heavy breath and melting into my seat.

Yuna's eyes narrowed immediately, displeased with the way I reacted. "Is it?" She threatened me back into reality.

Immediately, I sat straight up once more and cleared my throat, grasping for straws. "Well—I mean don't get me wrong. Ella is certainly...something. But, after talking with Shouto about it, he just wasn't really feeling it with her, you know. No spark—his words, not mine."

I mean, it's not a lie. It's just not the whole truth—but, who really uses that nowadays, you know?

Yuna nodded slowly, and I couldn't tell if she was actually pondering something, or if she was just being a predator playing with its food. "I see. So, you're saying he wants something genuine. Something real. Something passionate." She exaggerated.

I felt a little unnerved, not knowing where this conversation was heading, having too little context to try and manipulate it in my favor. "Uhhh, yeah, sure. Something like that. All that stuff you just said right there. Fireworks." I smiled lazily, making a fake explosion with my hand.

Yuna seemed more focused than usual today as she looked at me with a neutral expression. There was no workout class playing on her projector, and she wasn't eating any of her snacks. Having all of her attention was rare, and seemingly, not my favorite.

"Is that right?" I could tell her tone was mocking that time, and I tried to match whatever game she was playing.

Even if my hands began to sweat, I held her eye contact, giving a little shrug of my shoulders. "Totally. Would I lie to you?"

"You absolutely would." She said pointedly, causing me to click my tongue.

"Ouch, boss. You know, if I had a heart, that one would've hurt."

Yuna wasn't amused and tense silence consumed the office space as she continued looking at me. She acted like she knew something I didn't, and for the current circumstances of Shouto and I, that certainly would not be good.

She leaned back in her seat and drummed her manicured nails on the desk, speaking in threatening contemplation. "You know, Lani, I've noticed that when it comes to Shouto, you tend to withhold quite a bit more information than you usually do. Your articles have been lacking spice lately. Lacking that usual throw-your-client-under-the-bus dirt in order to get a good story. Why is that?"

The sweat perspired a little more from my palms, causing me to wipe them on my work skirt this time. I'd always known I was starting to push Yuna's buttons a little bit with the more respectful approach I've taken with Shouto. But, I never truly know when I've finally run out of luck. 

Perhaps today is that day...

"Hmm, I really don't know." I pondered laxly, giving my chin a sarcastic stroke. "Maybe it's because Shouto's just so damn boring and there's nothing to tell. He was a last minute option for me, as we all know-"

She slapped her hand atop the desk and immediately rose from her chair, crossing her arms at me like an actual boss. "Oh, please. There's no use lying anymore. You've been caught."

Well, fuck. That wasn't in the script...

This time, I couldn't stop my eyes from instinctively widening, visibly taken aback. "E-Excuse me?"

Now, Yuna seemed thoroughly pleased with my reaction, standing over her desk and opening her laptop once more. "Since you've decided to keep your normally big mouth shut, I went ahead and did my own digging. I figured out the truth myself. I know everything." She glared at me over the screen, typing away furiously.

Immediately, my mind fluttered back to the conversation I had with Shouto this morning. The one that gave him a concussion, but more importantly—and no offense to his head—the one that could cost me my job right now.

Dating clients is prohibited, and until this moment, that was the one rule I never thought I'd have an issue following. Before Shouto came along, I always found heroes repulsive.

"Everything...?" I trailed off, rattling my brain for an excuse.

"Shouto has feelings for another." Yuna further clarified, causing me to grimace dreadfully. "That's why he couldn't connect with Ella. Correct?"

Deny, deny, deny. You'll never catch me fessing up even if the evidence itself is staring me in the face!

"I really wouldn't know-" My next attempt backfired in my face.

"And why is that?" She interrupted me. "When you're the one who's supposed to know him best? Either you're not doing your job properly, or you're keeping secrets. Both options will ensure that promotion does not go to you. How could you not tell me, Lani?"

I was in a position now where everything I said was wrong. I was completely at Yuna's mercy and she was loving it. The pressure unraveled me a little, running a hand through my hair and stumbling on my words. "It's—I assure you, he's just confused about his feelings-"

"How could you not tell me....that Shouto used to date Momo Yaoyorozu!?" Yuna interrupted me.

I froze in unexpected shock now, staring back at Yuna like she had three heads.

Oh. Well, this is not the conversation I thought I was walking into. See, kids? That's why you always lie until proven guilty!

"Huh?" I uttered dumbly, not daring to speak another word now.

"Momo Yaoyorozu." Yuna repeated the name as if it held the same weight as Jungkook from BTS. "Does that name ring a bell to you?"

It sure does!

"Uhh, no." I said plainly.

Shouto did tell me he dated Momo, but it was something he shared with me in private. So, yeah, maybe I didn't write her name on his progress reports, okay. And, if I come clean about that to Yuna, it will only make the situation worse.

"Oh, Lani. That's another strike. I don't like doing your job for you." She sang with warning, tapping a button on her laptop to make the projector turn on.

I jumped a bit as Momo's face stared back at me on the big screen, only further reminded of her perfect features when they were blown up eight times their normal size. Seriously, does this girl have a bad angle? If someone blew my face up eight times it's size, I'd look like a half eaten penguin.

"She's a beauty, right?" Yuna fawned like the hero was her pride and joy. "Momo Yaoyorozu—the famous hero and model that is wanted by everyone. She's been on the cover of Vogue and Sports Illustrated more than twice—just to name a few companies she's worked with in the last month."

Yuna clicked the next slide and Momo showed up again—on the cover of Sports Illustrated, as if anyone needed proof she was capable of that. She wore the tiniest bikini and her body was to die for.

And I was only further reminded this was Shouto's girlfriend. This is who I would be going up against—except, there's no competition. Going from Momo to me would just be a downgrade in Shouot's dating history—not that there's any reason to even think like this, considering we'll never be together.

Regardless...

A slight emptiness sat in my chest and I masked it with a shrug, giving a small cat calling whistle to the beautiful girl on the screen. "Not surprised. Ten outta ten would, indeed, smash the hero, Creati. I'm the tenth person in that equation." I chuckled a bit smug.

What? I'm just being honest. Look, I didn't say she wasn't hot! I can't tell if I wanna fuck her or fucking be her. Honestly, probably both—at the same time. Might have to add selfcest to my Ao3 kink filters later, just saying.

Yuna continued to look at the screen with a nod, raising an impressed brow at the magazine cover, specifically her giant rack—sorry. "You and everyone else. Momo holds more sex appeal than any other hero in this country at the moment. She's also the same woman that dated Shouto Todoroki for three years straight. But, you wouldn't happen to know anything about that, would you?"

I absolutely did and I've been over analyzing their entire relationship since.

"Not a clue." I responded effortlessly, looking around the room with more interest.

Yuna scoffed dryly, clearly not buying my excuse as she switched off the projector and turned back to me. "I'd like to know why on earth you haven't utilized this woman to your advantage, Lani? She could easily skyrocket you past Mai and Bakugo. She could get you that promotion."

I was already well aware of that, and if it were anyone else, you better believe I'd have done what I already know Yuna was going to suggest. But, my feelings got in the way so I selfishly scrapped the idea a long time ago. This is one of the many reasons why publicists are not allowed to date their clients. Emotions put a dent in career making decisions.

Puffing a heavy breath through my cheeks, I rose from my chair, trying my best to calm Yuna down. "Ma'am, with all due respect, I don't think forcing Shouto to date people is the way to make this work. He has a lot of other good qualities that were working well before we even introduced this silly idea into the picture-"

"You told me Shouto wanted something familiar. Something with passion. Something real." She grit through her teeth. "What better way than to get that from someone he's experienced it with already?"

Hm. You think it's a bad time to tell Yuna that she's the one who said Shouto wanted all of those things when I walked into her office?

Ah, at the same time though, I couldn't dispute her. Not after my interaction with Shouto this morning. I'm starting to realize that Shouto does actually want all those things...

He just wants them with the wrong person.

I scoffed and rubbed the back of my neck, feeling the migraine in my temples getting worse. "Well, if Shouto and Momo broke up, obviously it wasn't real to him. I mean, come on, I want him to be happy-"

Another wrong answer. Probably my worst one yet.

Yuna looked at me in shock and threw her hands up in frustration, causing me to immediately shut up once I realized my mistake—the mistake was having humanity, in case you're wondering.

"Why?! Who are you right now? This is not the Lani Hidaka I know. The intern I'm rooting for." She stated, storming over to me now. "You're in the hero commission, sweetheart. Have you learned nothing? You don't care about their happiness. Their 'well being.' You exploit them. You use them because if you don't, your bills won't get paid."

With the salary I get here, the bills aren't getting paid regardless. Who's gonna tell her that?

Certainly not me as I knew when to shut up, crossing my arms and looking away from Yuna tiredly. I was surprised when I felt her hand grip my jaw and yank my attention back on her, remembering the reason why the hero commission hired her in the first place.

She's heartless, and I can see that in her eyes. Everyone who works here is. There are no exceptions. None. Myself included.

"Shouto Todoroki is going to be a millionaire before he's thirty." Yuna stated lowly, looking down at me like the trash I was. "You think he's gonna care about his no-name publicist being homeless on the street once she loses this job? All because she 'cared about him being happy?' No. He's going to be in his mansion, drowning in success with his beautiful girlfriend, and having forgotten all about you."

The words shouldn't have stung like they did. Yuna's said much worse to me in the time I've worked here, but for some reason that statement had a special kick to it.

Maybe because, deep down, I know she's right.

Of course I know that. It's one of the many reasons I've been trying so desperately to create distance between Shouto and I. I know I don't fit into his world. I'm his enemy. I'm someone he despises without realizing it, and even without the weight of being a notorious drug dealer holding me back, he's still way out of my league.

There's just too many hurdles between us.

Shouto deserves someone as good looking and successful as him. He deserves a 'Momo.' Not a 'Lani.' Not someone who keeps secrets. Not someone who can't keep up with him—who would surely be an embarrassment at his side.

A downgrade....

Yuna released my chin, and the force caused me to stumble back a few feet before she sauntered back over to her desk. "All joking aside, I favor you, Lani. So, this will be the first and last time I throw you a bone." She alluded, causing me to furrow my brows at her vagueness.

"What do you mean?"

She swiped a little card off her table and walked back over, looking rather pleased with herself. "I've pulled a few strings for each Hero Season candidate to give a quick one to two minute speech at the Fresh Heroes banquet this weekend, thanking those most important in their lives. I've already written Shouto's speech for you, so you don't have to. Take a look."

The dreadful pit in my stomach told me this wouldn't be good. Regardless, I grabbed the card from Yuna and read it...

Thank you for the honor of speaking at the Fresh Heroes Banquet. I go by the hero name of SHOUTO, and I hope you'll consider me to be your favorite hero of the year! I won't let you down. I'd like to thank the INCREDIBLE hero commission for this amazing opportunity, as well as Momo Yaoyorozu, my beautiful...

"Girlfriend..." I breathed out the last word, feeling my mouth go dry.

Fuck. I don't know what's worse—the Ella situation before I walked in this morning, or...this.

I resisted the urge to crinkle the speaking card in my hand, watching Yuna pace the room proudly. "The perfect introduction of Japan's new It couple. The moment Shouto gives that speech is the moment the internet will break. It's the moment his status will be taken to a whole new level, and his life will be changed. This is what you need to get ahead of Mai."

There was no use fighting it. I didn't have an ounce of say or power over Yuna's word. But, my stomach felt uneasy. Not even because I was threatened by Momo or wanted Shouto for myself, even if both of those things were true.

No, it was much more than that...

It was because I remembered how Shouto opened up to me about his relationship with Momo. How he explained how bored and essentially loveless it was for him. He walked away from someone that everyone in his life told him was logically perfect, and that's a big deal for him. For his character.

How can he discover who he is if he's forced right back into the same situation? That's not fair to him...

But, the hero commission isn't fair, and the more I get to know Shouto, the more sleazy I feel for being apart of it.

"But....him and Momo aren't together anymore." I attempted pointlessly, yet my voice fell quieter and as more of a passing complaint than an attempt to fight back.

"Make them be together." Yuna ordered, raising her brows at me with threat. "Since when did Lani Hidaka lose the ability to sell a story?"

My eyes fell closed when I realized I was walking on the thinnest ice possible with my job now, knowing now wasn't the time to push. Yuna was satisfied with my silence, placing a hand on my shoulder before squeezing a little too hard.

"If you're really incapable of selling them as a couple during the banquet this weekend, I don't need to see anything else from you. Either make it happen, or throw in the towel." She said, imprinting her nails into my shoulder before releasing. "You can go now, Lani."

I held onto Shouto's speaking card and turned on my heel without a word, feeling Yuna's eyes on me as I sped walked to the door. I faltered in opening it when I heard her voice again, keeping my back turned to her as she spoke.

"You know, I haven't really enjoyed our last few interactions. I don't usually give this many chances to one person. You must be special, right?" She asked rhetorically.

In other words, that's her way of saying I'm running out of chances.

Not trusting myself to say anything useful, I simply opened the door and left, hearing Yuna's parting words grate into my ears on the way out.

"Don't let me down, Lani. Think about yourself and your own sake."

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

747K 22.1K 28
"Its just..." her eyes were brimming with tears. 'No please dont cry,' I silently begged, 'I can't stand to see you hurt.' "...I-I dont want to see a...
109K 3.7K 17
Katsuki Bakugou hates having so much homework. Isn't it enough to spend his entire day learning without having to do so much work after school? How i...
1M 39.3K 169
You're sort of a slut. And a spy. A slutty spy. (does contain lemons - I've marked those chapters!) #1 bnhafanfic on Dec 29, 2020! #1 bakugoxreader...
1.4K 49 24
This is a reader x Todoroki ff Your name is Hitori Niko(You may change it to your own) ------------------------------ "Niko, please return to me.."Hi...