Tomato, Tomahto

Top pic credit; tell me if you know

Lani POV:

Job Listing:
Party Clown

Job Listing:
Adult Film Star

Job Listing:
Present Mic's-

"Present Mic's what?" I raised my brows, swiping my reading glasses on to ensure I saw that correctly.

Yep. I did.

...damn, the job listing just closed anyways. Not that I totally clicked on it. Shut up.

"Man. That is bleak." I leaned back in my computer chair, taking another hit of my cigarette before blowing it out the crack of my apartment window.

Sure, it's not the best habit I picked up from my time at UA University. But, there are definitely worse ways to release stress.

Plus, there's just something about smoking that makes a person look tougher. Not so shy and pathetic.

And, after the day I've had today, I definitely look like the world's biggest moron. Pathetically.

I mean, look at me? I've resorted to looking for odd jobs in my underwear at midnight.

All thanks to Shouto, or whatever his name was...

I was thankful to Kai for letting me leave work early after that pathetic encounter with the Candy Cane jerk. But, it proved to be useless because I didn't encounter a single young hero in need of a publicist on my way home. Not even when I yelled for help in walking over a damn puddle.

Tomorrow, I'll have lost my internship with the hero commission, and that is a career ending move before I've even started my career.

A deflated sigh escaped me as I sadly spun around in my swivel chair, unable to have a single moment of peace when I heard my phone ding with a text message.

Coming back around to my desk, I grabbed my phone, feeling my face pale at the familiar, private number...

Text Message From: Private

Missed our pickup time...
12:30am.

Oh, fuck.

I forgot a pickup time? That's never happened to me. The day must have had me really distracted...

That's what I get for trying to juggle three jobs. Yeah, that's right. Three.

The first, and most important one is my paid internship with the hero commission. The second is the cafe. And the third...

Is this...

"Oh no..." I murmured under my breath, typing up the best reply I could under pressure.

Text Message To: Private
Something important came up. I'll be there on Friday. Promise.
12:31am-

DING!

I grimaced slightly at how fast the number responded, knowing I'd definitely upset some people tonight.