Part 2 How Opposites Meet - S...

By MushroomMantis

A lot have happen in the previous 200 chapters and apparently Wattpad has a limit of 200 chapters per book... More

Part 201
Part 202
Part 203
Part 205
Part 206
Part 207
Part 208
Part 209
Part 210
Part 211
Part 212
Part 213
Part 214
Part 215
Part 216
Part 217
Part 218
Part 219
Part 220
Part 221
Part 222
Part 223
Part 224
Part 225
Part 226

Part 204

38 2 77
By MushroomMantis

Espio sat down at the table with a cup of coffee to try stay awake and focused. He looked at the old picture he had taken from Silver as soon they had fallen asleep. He smiled weakly as he saw how happy Silver looked back in those days. So free, innocent and untouched, a child who was having a great childhood without any traumas. Not knowing yet what horrors they'd have to face.

He looked over at Silver who was fast asleep on the couch, hugging their plush tightly. He frowned as he wondered if Silver could ever again be as happy as they had been years ago.

He sighed and laid down the picture. He added the scan he had made the day before of the found fingerprints to his searching program, while he scrolled through the database and history research of the lab from eight years ago. He also searched for every hedgehog that ever worked at or entered the building.

The first fingerprint search led to nothing, which made Espio frown curiously. He knew that everyone who worked at the base got added to the database, and all this information was kept even when they weren't active anymore.

The second search also gave an error, which started to worry him. Even the national database couldn't find a match.

He rubbed his temples and took another painkiller. It was already 4 am and he still hadn't found anything that could get him further.

He made himself a cup of tea, as he was almost ready to call it a night. He felt disappointed, as he'd hoped to at least find something, maybe just a name, a picture, maybe a report from the lab where their parents had worked. It frustrated him that he hadn't gotten any closer at all. He took his cup of tea and went back to his laptop.

He took a sip when his laptop made a positive sound. Espio raised his eyebrows in surprise as he opened the corresponding program. He suddenly spit out his tea in surprise. "No way," He whispered.

_____

"You've been working all night again?" Silver asked sleepily. They rubbed their eyes and sat up on the couch. It was getting a bit lighter in the living room as the sun was slowly rising. The fireplace was dark as the fire had died hours ago.

Espio looked up, startled, as he'd completely forgotten the time while he was completely enveloped in his research. He quickly closed his laptop and gathered his research as he looked at the time.

"I'm sorry, it was not my intention to do so."

"It's okay, I know how important your job is," They said and stretched.

"Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah, I think so," Silver said and stroked one of their cats, which was still asleep on their lap but started to softly purr.

Espio came over and kissed their forehead. "You want some tea?"

Silver nodded, "That would be nice."

During breakfast, Espio kept a close eye on Silver to make sure they would at least eat something. They still didn't have a big appetite, but they did eat half of an apple and a few bites of cornflakes.

They didn't say much as they were both lost in their thoughts. Espio often looked curiously towards them, wondering if any of his findings were true. He couldn't wait to find out. After freshening up, they made their way to school.

Silver went to the unisex restroom to change into their sports outfit and Espio went to the changing room where students were also getting changed. He got greeted by Shadow who was already changed. Espio looked around with a curious frown as not everyone was present yet.

"Didn't sleep again, I see?" Shadow said while Espio took off his sweater.

"I just can't sit still now that we are getting so close," Espio whispered so nobody else could hear him. "Did you find out anything more about the organisation?"

"Unfortunately not much, and you?" Shadow asked, interested.

"I'm not sure, actually," Espio said. He perked up as the door of the changing room opened and Tails and Sonic greeted them. Espio looked curiously at them.

"Are you ready?" Shadow asked when others were already entering the gymhall.

"You go. I will be there in a bit," Espio said as not many students were left. Shadow nodded and went to the hall together with Tails.

Espio lingered and fastened his shoelaces as he waited for the others to leave, "I need to talk with you," Espio said as Sonic stood up, ready to go to the gymhall.

"Me?" Sonic asked, as he didn't know if Espio was talking to him.

"Alone," Espio said, as a few of his friends were waiting for him to be ready.

"Class is about to start, can't we-"

"No, it can't wait."

"Well okay," Sonic said with a curious frown, "I will be there in a minute," He said to his friends, who shrugged their shoulders and entered the hall. "What's up?" He asked as he sat down next to Espio, who rummaged in his bag.

He took out a packed cotton swab and a test tube. "Open your mouth," He said as he removed the swab from the packaging.

"Excuse me?" Sonic said, confused.

"I need your saliva. Open your mouth," Espio commanded.

"What the hell, why?" Sonic asked and stood up, offended.

Espio stood up as well and laid his hand on Sonic's shoulder, "It's important. Sit down."

"What's this all about?," Sonic asked frustratedly.

"Just open your mouth," Espio said, annoyed.

"No, why would I? Why do you always act like this? Why do you need my saliva anyways?"

"It's important, I can't tell you," Espio said and moved the swab closer to Sonic's mouth, "Open up."

"No, not if you don't explain why you need it so desperately," Irritably, Sonic slapped away

Espio's hand.

"Why are you always being so difficult?" Espio said, annoyed.

"I'm difficult?" Sonic said frustratedly, "Why are you never sharing any information?"

Espio sighed.

"Just tell me. You know I can't tell anyone else anyways."

Espio's eyes twitched in frustration.

"Espio, what's going on?" Sonic asked. Something gnawed at him as he looked into Espio's eyes.

"I need it for research."

"Research about what?" Espio bit his tongue frustratedly. "Hm? Please tell me."

Espio's jaw clenched, as he looked into those green emerald eyes, "Silver," He answered eventually.

"Wait... What?" Sonic asked, confused, "You're doing research on Silver? Why? Do they know? And what do I have to do with it?"

Espio looked impatient, but the way Sonic looked at him made sure he wouldn't go along if he didn't share anything else. "Do you have any missing family members?"

Sonic frowned, "No, not that I know of, but what does that have to do with-" Sonic suddenly turned quiet as he raised his eyebrows as he suddenly connected what Espio was asking from him. "Wait a minute, you think Silver and I are related?"

Espio made a doubtful gesture.

Sonic looked at the swab, "Why would you think that?"

"Please?" Espio answered Sonic's question with this request as he pointed the swab towards Sonic again. He didn't want to tell him about Silver's picture and the fingerprints he found which did match Sonic's for 13%.

Sonic looked doubtful but he nodded and opened his mouth.

Carefully, Espio swiped the inner parts of Sonic's cheeks to collect his DNA. He carefully put the swab into the tube and sealed it.

"You know, if you ask things in a nicer way, people would probably go along easier," Sonic suggested.

Espio rolled his eyes and placed the tube carefully into his bag. "Do you have any family members with powers as well?" Espio continued his questioning.

"Not that I know of," Sonic answered.

Espio frowned, "Could you share more information about your family with me? Like photos, stories, family tree and their contacts?" He summed up.

"I... uhm, I don't know," Sonic said and scratched the back of his head. "I could give my parents a call about it this weekend."

Espio nodded, "Call them today. I need it as fast as possible." Sonic frowned at Espio's commanding way of talking, "Please?" He added.

Not much later, Sonic and Espio got scolded by their teacher for coming in late and got instructions to go to the fitness area above the gym.

Shadow was watching Silver as they were running on one of the treadmills. Tails was running next to them. "Why aren't you a trainer?" Silver asked as Shadow leaned against the treadmill.

"Because I like watching you way more," Shadow said with a grin, "A ponytail does suit you so nicely."

Silver's cheeks started to blush as Shadow said that.

"Besides, I'm not allowed to use the treadmills," Shadow said.

Shadow nodded in greeting to Espio and Sonic as they entered the fitness area. Silver looked over to see Espio entering and waved at him.

"Why aren't you allowed to use it?" Silver asked curiously.

"Because 'we' broke those treadmills last year," Sonic said with a chuckle.

Tails raised his eyebrows, "You did?"

"These things are just far too slow," Shadow said with a grin.

Silver rolled their eyes playfully. Espio stood on the treadmill next to Silver's to start himself as well.

"It was just lucky for you, otherwise you would have lost to me again," Sonic said with a grin.

Shadow rolled his eyes annoyed, "You know that's not true. And besides, I can do a lot more than only run."

"How about a rematch," Sonic said and nodded towards the treadmills. "I've heard these new ones could go up to 100 yards an hour." Sonic looked around, "Coach isn't here anyways."

"Maybe you shouldn't," Silver suggested, "What if you break these too? After you've been told not to use them."

"Yeah I think Silver's right," Tails interrupted, "I think you could get into some big trouble if you break them again."

Sonic rolled his eyes and looked at Shadow with a grin, "Come on, what do you say?"

Shadow's eyes twitched to Silver, who shook their head silently. "Maybe some other time." Silver sighed in relief. "But they never said we aren't allowed to use the cross trainers," He said and nonchalantly pointed to the crosstrainers behind him while wiggling his eyebrows.

A grin appeared on Sonic's muzzle.

Silver facepalmed in frustration. 

Thank you Zeltaris for spelling checking ^^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

217K 10.8K 76
Sonic lived in a world where the LGBTQ community was made illegal! Instead of acceptance, they were jailed and forced to a "rehab" center. Sonic was...
7.8K 172 11
Amy Rose never expected this to happen. The butterflies, the rush of adrenaline when she sees him, and all of these emotions inside of her for this c...
84.7K 2.9K 24
Okay this is my first Sonadow story. I hope you guys enjoy! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Shadow just broke up with Amy and Sonic just broke up wit...
8.1K 361 18
sequel to 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱 𝘺𝘰𝘢, my other wattpad story. I recommend reading that one first. It's Y/n L/n's 18th birthday, almost two years since the event...