The Trials of Being Loved

By BozBozo

😔 I really feel that I have to put a R Rating on this one, not just Mature. I went way overboard on the inti... More

Author's Note
Part 1 - A Polar Bear Kisses and Cries
Part 2 - An Orca is Always There
Part 3 - The Polar Bear Learns
Part 4 - The Orca Chases the Polar Bear
Part 5 - An Overthinking Polar Bear?
Part 6 - The Orca Dominates
Part 7 - It's Not a Game, Polar Bear
Part 8 - Orcas are Apex Predators
Part 9 - My Polar Bear, It's Not Defeat
Part 10 - An Orca Shelters
Part 11 - Why, Polar Bear?
Part 12 -No, Orca!
Part 13 - Polar Bear, Admit it Now!
Part 14 - Orca, Just Love Me
Part 15 - My Sad Polar Bear
Part 16 - Orca Learn Hard Truths
Part 17 - Move IT, Polar Bear!
Part 18 - What Now, Orca?
Part 19 - Freedom, Polar Bear?
Part 20 - Who Needs Healing, Orca?
Part 21 - We're all Damaged Goods, Polar Bear
Part 22 - Go Away, Orca!
Part 24 - Space, Orca, I need it!
Part 25 - Don't Leave, Polar Bear
Part 26 - Who hurt who, Orca?
Part 27 - Is This Best, Polar Bear?
Part 28 - Orca, Speaking!
Part 29 - Runaway Polar Bear!
Part 30 - Arrogant Orca
Part 31 - Determined Polar Bear
Part 32 - Orca Education
Part 33 - Polar Bear Protection
Part 34 - Survive! Orca, Survive...
Part 35 - GRRR Polar Bear, that's BS!
Part 36 - Rescue is on the way, Orca!
Part 37 - Broken, Polar Bear, not dead.
Part 38 - Orca vs Police
Part 39 - Drowning Polar Bear
Part 40 - Save an Orca, Learn to Swim Again
Part 41 - It's Game Time, Polar Bear!
Part 42 - Dreaming Orca
Part 43 - Crazy Polar Bear
Part 44 - Awaken, Orca, Someone Needs You
Part 45 - WTF, Polar Bear!
Part 46 - Orca?
Part 47- What are you doing, Polar Bear?
Part 48 - The Orca's Family Pod Circles
Part 49 - Deteriorating Polar Bear

Part 23 - Oh, It's My Fault, Polar Bear

116 13 5
By BozBozo

Morning came... as did his hangover. Tay woke in an empty bed with the curtains drawn. He had become used to waking with sunlight streaming in, from New being an early riser. Rubbing his aching temples, "Fuck." 

He rolled off the bed, feeling how full his bladder was, wondering where in the hell Newwie was... when memories of the night flooded his mind. He sank to the floor, disgusted in himself. "Did he go home? Fuck, I wouldn't blame him..." 

Standing, he moved slowly, tripping over his jeans. He squeezed his eyes shut at the mess on the floor, not wanting to admit HE made it. Then his OCD kicked in, overriding even his need to void his bladder. Bending carefully, he picked up the clothes he wore the day before, his hand sticking in something on his tee shirt. 

"Oh, fuck! It wasn't a damn dream. I really did that..." New's words came back to haunt him just then. 

"How does it feel to be the dead fish?" 

"Seriously, what does a dead fish have anything to DO with having sex???" Tay muttered, throwing the stained tee shirt in the laundry hamper. "Fuck, I swear, I wish he came with a damn instruction book! The person who said women were complicated never tried dating New!"

He opened the bedroom door, and walked briskly to the bathroom and turned the knob. It was locked. Ah, so he was still here. Fuck knocking. He ran his hand over the top of the frame and found the key, safe where the condo manager had placed it the day he had moved in. Unlocking the door, his heart almost stopped beating. 

New was so pale, shivering, curled up on the cold tile floor. He crouched down, bladder forgotten again, and placed a hand on his face. He was burning hot. 

Now, swearing loudly, Tay picked him up gently in his arms, bridal style, a soft "Oof " escaping at the weight of his body. He carried him back to the bed and tucked him in where his body heat lingered, covering him with the blue duvet. Pressing a kiss to his hot forehead, he whispered, "Wait, I'll be back."

He ran, first to the bathroom and took care of business. Then, he made congee. So basic... at least he didn't need to shop for anything. He always had rice and eggs. He tapped a foot impatiently as he wondered if he had paracetamol or patches... had they used all the tablets already? 

New, he knew, had been the last in the bottle. He didn't use pain pills much, preferring to feel it if he was stupid enough get hurt. It reminded him that he was a wuss when it came to pain. NOTHING prepared him for the agony that seeing the person you loved in pain.

Nothing!

"Fuck!" It was the smell of rice burning that brought him out of his musings. As impossible as it was to burn congee (something he hadn't done since he was ten years old) so lost in thought, he had done so! "Fuck!" Quickly transferring it into another pot, he gave it a quick taste to see if it was edible. 

Oh thank god! Saveable. Quickly, he beat the egg and stirred it in. Making tea, and then served up the congee. He set a tray and carried it into the bedroom, glad he took the time to tidy. New had once again made a nest. 

This was HIS fault, this time. It was time to fix it. But first, he had to take care of New and nurse him back to health. He had managed to deal with his fuck ups, he lived with his issues, every day. 

So why couldn't Newwie? Sitting on the bed, he unburied his nesting polar bear, determined to turn him from a snarling cub, into a proud bear with claws. "Time to make you shine, New." He sighed softly, "But," He grunted as he hefted his dead weight to a upright, sitting postion. "Let's feed you. You need to be healthy."

He heard some muttered words and a sniffle, before a full blown coughing fit. "What was that, Newwie? Didn't quite catch it." Tay bent his head closer to the weak man. 

"Fuck off, asshole, let me die in my misery!" 

Tay couldn't help it, he honestly couldn't. Even sick, with watery eyes, and snot running from his nose, New was the cutest person he'd ever seen. He picked up the bowl of congee, and a spoon, and with the biggest shit kicking grin on his face, cheerfully replied, "Damn it, Newwie, I love you. Now, be a good boy and open wide." 

When New opened his mouth to curse him out further, of that Tay was positive, he smoothly slid the spoon in. New gagged on the congee, not expecting it. Tay giggled and carefully wiped his mouth. 

I guess he forgot I have a niece. I'm an expert at feeding small humans. Full sized ones should be VERY easy! Chuckling loudly, Tay winked at him. "Be nice, New, and eat the full bowl. You really don't want me to give you a shower for being naughty, do you?"

It was interesting to watch the color run up his chest, face and settle in the tips of his ears. Damn, why hadn't he noticed THAT before... 

~~~~~~~~~~

Tay had to call the number on the prescription bottle. New's fever kept spiking, and it worried him. He would normally take him to a hospital, but with his 'fear' of the paparazzi, fans and gossip, Tay settled for this mysterious doctor instead. 

He left a message and was shocked when in less than five minutes, received a call back. "Mr. Tawan? You called regarding Mr. New Thitipoom?"

"Yes, I did." Tay couldn't believe the relief that flooded his body. "New is running a fever and I can't take him to the hospital in his current situation. What should I do?"

"This isn't my area of expertise, as I'm sure you're aware, Mr. Tawan." The doctor paused, and then quietly said, "I will send a small care package to the same address as the last prescription?"

"Yes, please. Doctor, I have a question..." 

"I may not be able to answer if it violates patient privacy." The doctor cautioned softly. "I'm sorry, Mr. Thitipoom is very popular in my office. Please, be quick."

"Of course, do I continue with the first prescription while he is ill?" Tay blurted out, anxious. 

"Yes, don't stop until the patient feels better. It usually takes four to six months to re-stabilize, sometimes longer. Please tell him to call me for counselling as soon as he feels better." The doctor hung up, after assuring Tay the supplies would be there in under two hours. 

Tay sighed and made another phone call, to place an order for groceries, ignoring yet another text from his manager.  They only had one more day of leave and NOW New really was sick. What to do? It didn't matter. 

He picked up New's discarded phone, wondering if he should call his mom and let her know that he was ill... and then decided against, tossing both powered off phones back into the drawer and shutting it firmly. 

The doctor had sent over fever reducing patches, a new box of paracetamol, antibiotics and a covid test kit plus full instructions on when to use them. Tay was grateful. He'd always had a mom around to help take care of his sick siblings. 

When the covid test kit fell out of the bag, he sighed. Could NEW possibly have covid? From where? They'd been locked up together for 6 days and hadn't seen anyone else... but it was a last hope to have more time together. Carefully, he placed the test kit on the kitchen counter and went to help New before testing. 

Newwie had hallucinations when the fever was high. Tay had heard some interesting stories when his fever spiked. With his limited nursing skills, he undressed him, carefully wiping his body down with a damp towel, trying to cool his body. Does this actually work? He wondered, until New would act so babyish, arching his body into the cool cloth, asking for more, or if it wasn't the right temperature, pushing him away. 

When the fever was just slightly above normal, New slept, curled up in a ball, sweating, soaking through all the sheets. He finally had to change the sheets. It was then he made the decision to leave New naked, too tired to re-dress him in a pair of pajamas. 

That was what woke New... who had physical needs and was in one of his lucid periods.

"Bathroom." New croaked. "Please?" Again, he looked like a cute baby, laying on the bed, holding out a hand. "I can't seem to stand up on my own."

Fuck! Tay's gaze roamed over him, from top to bottom, casually taking the sweat soaked man, barely covered by the blue duvet. New had managed to push it to the side in preparation for standing. He had strong doubts that New was aware of his state of dress, or as the case may be, undress... and even like this, he was stunning. 

Where was a damn camera when you need it? Erotic! That was it! New wasn't sexy or hot, the picture on his bed was erotic... Tay licked his dry lips and realized New was still waving that damn hand at him and complaining. "What?"

Whining, "Tay, I need to pee! Up!" New now held both hands up. "Help me."

"Oh, of course." It was his turn to flush. This wasn't the time to be getting horny, he scolded himself. But I can't help it! Carefully, he knelt on the bed, and scooped Newwie into his arms. With a soft sound of surprise, New had no choice but to place his arms around Tay's neck, holding on for support. "I don't think you should walk just yet." 

It was... conflicting. A rush of sudden emotions flooded through his body. Tay's eyes closed against the sight of New's nude body held against his fully clothed one. 

Why had he ever thought leaving his lover nude was a good fucking idea? When was he going to stop instantly wanting him? Just get it over with!

Opening his eyes, and never looking down, he carefully began to walk forward with his precious cargo. It was a shame he never once glanced down. 

For if he had, Tay Tawan would have seen a matching flush on New Thitipoom's face as he realized HIS state of undress, as well as how much he was enjoying being taken cared of by this man. It was something he could become used to. 

There was also wonder, in his eyes... as he bit his bottom lip. The same move that drove Tay crazy with lust. New couldn't help that at all. It was a habit he had developed to help him think. Right now, he needed to think very hard... and about NOT getting hard. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 3K 37
"I'm not going to apologize for you being my mate because I would rather have no one else but I do wish you didn't have to deal with the hardships"...
41.3K 4.1K 24
New Thitipoom as a final act of desperation seeks employment in the home of a mysterious man who lives in isolation in a house no one dares to approa...
23.5K 1.5K 20
Tay Tawan was top agents who was put off field after a tragedy on a mission and now had to train the new recruits. One day, he woke up and found a na...
197K 3.5K 33
"Sometimes trust blinds us so much that we can't see the truth" - After being dragged to some boring dinner meeting, Scarlet meets Jackson Vanderbil...