𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐏𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.

By MRSBVRBIE

𝘕𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦.. More

preface.
chapter one.
chapter two.
chapter three.
chapter four.
chapter six.
chapter seven.
chapter eight.
chapter nine.
chapter ten.
chapter eleven.
chapter twelve.
chapter thirteen.
chapter fourteen.
chapter fifteen.
chapter sixteen.
chapter seventeen.
chapter eighteen.
chapter nineteen.
chapter twenty.
chapter twenty one.
chapter twenty two.
chapter twenty three.
chapter twenty four.
chapter twenty five.
chapter twenty six.
chapter twenty seven.
chapter twenty eight.
chapter twenty nine.
chapter thirty.
chapter thirty one.
chapter thirty two.
chapter thirty three.
chapter thirty four.
chapter thirty five.
chapter thirty six.
chapter thirty seven.
chapter thirty eight. *LC*
newneww.

chapter five.

10.8K 589 147
By MRSBVRBIE

y'all hoes need to vote.
excuse any mistakes.

𝐌𝐢𝐞𝐤𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐩𝐫𝐢 𝐃𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐨𝐧
𝙹𝙴𝚁𝚂𝙴𝚈 𝙲𝙸𝚃𝚈, 𝙽𝙹.

"Don't worry about Ade. She'll come around. She's actually a nice girl when she's not cheating on me, or trying to kill Silver, or pregnant and on drugs." echoed the TV. Cupid and Mieke exchanged glances before refocusing on the unfolding scene playing out on the screen.

Mieke and Cupid has spent the whole weekend so far glued to the bed, binge-watching 90210 and surprisingly, they both loved it. Mieke only bothered to get out of bed for her usual routine: hygiene stuff and food, like every weekend. It's their thing—finding a new show, cuddling up, and losing track of time together.

Cupid's affectionate nature is a real blessing, considering that most cats aren't affectionate.

Mieke's phone suddenly rang, and she groaned, deciding to ignore the call, not feeling up for talking. After the phone stopped ringing, she felt a sense of relief, but it started ringing again, prompting her to grab it from the nightstand. Spotting her best friend's name on the screen, she reluctantly answered the FaceTime call.

Lottie, appeared on the screen with a grin. "I'm in your city, looking every bit of pretty."

"Wait, you're up here?" Mieke exclaimed. Lottie smirked mischievously and flipped the camera around to reveal Mieke's apartment building. Startled, Mieke sat up abruptly. "Bitch I can't believe you, I'm coming down."

Mieke hung up the call and paused the show, then slid her feet into her Pink Greca Versace slippers. Dressed in just a bra and shorts, she headed to her dresser, grabbed a shirt, and threw it on before leaving her room.

Grabbing her keys, Mieke unlocked the door and stepped out of her apartment, ensuring it was locked behind her. Hurrying, she made her way to the elevator, tapping her slippers impatiently on the ground. "Oh my God."

She was so happy to see her best friend and now this elevator wants to take it's time.

Running out of patience, she headed for the stairs, briskly descending the three flights. As she pushed the door open, it revealed the parking lot where Lottie stood waiting. Mieke couldn't contain her excitement, letting out a squeal as she dashed over to her best friend. Lottie mirrored her enthusiasm, squealing in return and wrapping Mieke in a tight hug.

"Bitch I missed you." Lottie said.

Mieke and Charlotte are inseparable.

They've been best friends since their daycare days, weathering every storm side by side. From navigating friend group breakups, boy troubles, family challenges, and heartbreaking losses, and so much more, they've been through it all.

There was a time when even their friendship hit rocky patches, leading to temporary breakups, but those were moments of immaturity when they struggled to communicate. Now, they've matured, understanding the value of talking things out, leaving the past where it belongs.

"I missed you too," Mieke replied, pulling away from the hug. "The BBL looks even better in person, oh my God," she exclaimed, reaching out to touch Lottie's ass. "This is raw. You can definitely go around saying you grew this ass on your own, baby. This is all you."

"Man whatttt?" Lottie agreed. "Exactly what I be telling people when they ask for my doctor."

Mieke chuckled, gazing at Lottie, and burst into laughter. "Why didn't you tell me you were coming? I can't believe you're here."

Charlotte is the definition of leaving home and never coming back. After moving from New Jersey to Miami, she hasn't visited her hometown, not even for holidays. This trip back to Jersey only makes it her second in the five years she's been living in Miami.

"I didn't tell you because I just made the decision to come last night. I got so much shit to tell you girl but I wanna be like the bitches from love and hip hop and gossip in a restaurant so we're going out to eat." Lottie smirked.

"Where we bout to eat at?" Mieke asked as they headed toward the elevator. "Ooh, there's this place I always pass by, Satis Bistro. I wanna try their food so bad. We could eat there."

"Aight. I'll set the reservations."

The girls exchanged a few words as the elevator traveled to their floor. When the elevator reached Mieke's floor, the girls stepped out and made their way towards the apartment. As they arrived at her door, Mieke took out her keys, inserted them into the lock, and unlocked the door.

"Where Cupid racist ass at?" Lottie asked.

"I'm sick of everyone thinking my son is racist, Follow me to such room." Mieke sighed, locking the apartment door before leading Lottie to her room. Lottie followed her and entered the space. There, they found Cupid sitting on the bed, his gaze fixed upon the duo as they entered.

"I hate that you're cute." Lottie frowned. "He gone scratch me if I try to touch him?"

Mieke assured her, "No, he won't. Just let him smell your hands before you touch him."

Placing her bag on Mieke's dresser, Lottie walked over to the bed where Cupid gazed up at her. Pausing for a moment, she extended her hand toward Cupid's nose. After he sniffed her hand, Lottie stroked his fur, and he remained calm.

"Ouu. He's not so scary after all." Lottie remarked, settling down beside Cupid.

"See, I told you."

Mieke scanned her dresser and closet for an outfit, choosing simplicity over extravagance. She settled on a white crop cami top, skinny jeans, a stone-colored ribbed knitted midi cardigan, and Beige Cozetta Curly Graphic Ugg slippers.

Mieke was meticulous about coordination, ensuring every detail matched. She complemented her outfit with the Ugg x Telfar small shopper as her chosen bag.

Once dressed, Mieke entered the bathroom, removing her bonnet and plugging in her flat iron. She straightened her hair, a quick task. Afterward, she spritzed her Good Girl Blush perfume before leaving the bathroom where she found Lottie on her phone, with Cupid perched on her lap, watching the TV screen.

"And you was just calling my baby racist."

"Because every time I tried talking to him on the phone he would be rude and ignore me." Lottie said and Mieke chuckled "You look good. I know that's right miss never have to do the most."

"Thank yaaaa. You ready?" Mieke asked to which Lottie nodded before taking Cupid off of her lap.

"Your Auntie will be back." Lottie said, prompting a chuckle from Mieke.

Mieke and Lottie exited the apartment and went to Mieke's car. Lottie took the wheel, driving them to the restaurant. Upon arrival, they approached the front desk to inquire about their reservation and were seated outside.

"Hello, welcome to Satis Bistro," greeted the waitress. "May I start by getting your drink orders?" she asked, presenting the drink menu to Mieke and Lottie. "And do you have any preferences for your meal tonight?"

"Hello. I'll have a Ginger Martini, please. For my meal, I'd like the Burrata Basil Linguine with San Marzano Tomato, Roasted Garlic, Basil, and the grilled jumbo prawns." Charlotte said with a smile, glancing up from the menu. The waitress nodded, jotting down the order.

"And I'll have a water. For my meal, I'd like the Short Rib Bolognese with Pappardelle, Braised Beef Ragu, Pecorino, and the thick-cut smoked bacon," Mieke added. The waitress nodded, swiftly noting down Mieke's order. "Thanks."

"Your drinks will be right out." The waitress said with a smile before heading off. In a few minutes, she returned with their drinks before leaving.

"Aight spill the tea," Mieke said, sipping water through her straw. "Santana, where is the man?" She asked, prompting laughter from Charlotte.

"He- He- You know what? I don't know. Because I'm already stressed, depressed, going through it about another man, and it's just." Charlotte shook her head, mimicking a TikTok sound, while Mieke joined in her laughter. "The old man not there no more girl. It's a new one now." Charlotte said and Mieke was shocked.

"What happened?" Mieke asked.

For the last four months, Mieke and Charlotte hadn't really engaged in proper conversations.

You might wonder, "What kind of best friends go that long without talking?" Well, that's just them. Most of their communication during this time revolved around Charlotte seeking advice on which pictures to post, and them sharing funny Instagram reels and TikToks.

There's no underlying issue causing this gap; they're simply drained from their demanding professional lives. Charlotte, an emergency room nurse practitioner, is exhausted after her shifts, just like Mieke, a Child Psychologist, who also feels drained post-work. Despite the extended silence, their friendship remains strong, unaffected by the lack of conversation.

"He was rushing things, and I wasn't fucking with it, so I ended it," Charlotte shrugged. "But my new man though? It's only been two months, and I'm already head over heels in love with him."

"Is he ugly? You always fall head over heels in love with the ugliest niggas." Mieke teased, earning a glare from Charlotte. Mieke chuckled as Charlotte unlocked her phone, scrolling to photos, and handed it to Mieke. "He's cute."

"He's amazing, seriously. He's such a sweetheart. You know how we met? He came to the hospital with his lil cousin, and then he asked for my number. And girl, the same week we started talking, he was sending me flowers at work. If you go to my house right now, you'd find flowers all over because he makes sure to send me some almost every week. Plus, he's understanding. I love him and his mindset. I could go on and on about him. Ouu and I love that dick. I'm never talking shit about people that fight bitches over they niggas ever again because behind him? Baby I'll even fight his momma and grandma."

"Dick is never that good. I'm happy for you." Mieke chuckled before whispering. "This one kill people and sell drugs like the last ones?"

"Girllllll." Charlotte started laughing. "This one's legally rich. He owns a company specializing in high-risk investments, with three buildings and another one being built in Seattle right now." She shared, clearly impressed.

"Okayyyyy I love this for you."

"Thank you boo. Girl why he be tryna pay me to stay home and not go to work?" Charlotte asked. "I don't call off though. I gotta get to the bag even though my man is the bag. He pays all my bills and be leaving me with his Amex card. I don't remember the last time I spent my own money. He's too perfect, and I keep searching for red flags in him, but he just doesn't have any." she confessed, sounding amazed.

"You need to stop searching for them red flags before the universe shows you some."

"You right. You right." Charlotte nodded. "What about you though? Any new love interests?"

"You know there hasn't been any love interests since Keanu. Speaking of him, girl, the other day, as I was leaving my office, I saw him standing there with his daughter. It caught me off guard. He was looking at me first, and I sensed someone's eyes on me, so I turned and there he was. Even though I hate that fuck nigga, I was so surprised that I couldn't look away,"

"Y'all talked?" Charlotte inquired, and Mieke shook her head. "I just realized something. You never told me why y'all broke up. You always just said you hate him." Charlotte observed, curious about the unspoken details of their breakup.

"I never did?" Mieke pretended, furrowing her eyebrows in feigned confusion.

"Bitch you know you didn't." Charlotte shot her a deadpan look, causing Mieke to laugh. "Why did y'all break up? You were supposed to be an NFL wifey right now." Charlotte remarked, and Mieke rolled her eyes, not wanting to delve into the reason behind their breakup.

But she was going to do it anyways.

"He cheated." Mieke stated plainly, and Charlotte set her cup down.

"Bitch you're literally lying."

"I'm not." Mieke shook her head. "He cheated on me. He picked me up from the airport, dropped me off at his apartment, saying he had to go do something. When I asked what it was, he couldn't tell me, so I thought it was a surprise. Turns out, he was at another girl's house." Mieke shrugged, recounting the disappointing incident.

"You're not serious," Charlotte protested in disbelief. "He actually cheated on you? Girl, we need to find out where he lives and beat his ass. I don't care if it's been years. You two were each other's first loves, and he goes and cheats on you? Niggas are so weird." She exclaimed, expressing her frustration with the situation.

Mieke and Keanu were practically each other's first loves, as Charlotte just mentioned. They began dating when Mieke was a freshman in high school while Keanu was a sophomore. Their breakup occurred during Keanu's freshman year of college, merely two months after Keanu went away for college. It was a significant visit since she hadn't seen her boyfriend in quite a while which ended with her leaving heartbroken.

Their friends and families were convinced they'd end up getting married, so when news of their breakup surfaced, it shocked everyone.

After their breakup, Mieke explicitly instructed her family members not to let Keanu in if he showed up trying to talk to her. She refrained from disclosing the breakup's reason to her family because her friends and siblings tend to be overprotective and might react strongly.

"Here goes your meals." The waitress announced as she and another server brought over the dishes, both smiling as they placed the plates on the table. Mieke and Charlotte expressed their gratitude before the servers walked away, leaving them to enjoy their meal.

"How did you find out he was cheating?"

"He was taking forever, so I had to check to see what was taking so long. The girl ended up answering and we talked and she said he never mentioned having a girlfriend, which baffled me because he always posted about us. He must've kept her hidden from his story or something. I don't want to talk about him anymore. I hate him, and me and you haven't spoken in months. There are so many other things to talk about besides such male." Mieke expressed.

"We can change the topic after this. But because he cheated, you still haven't moved on? It's been nine years, Mieke." Charlotte frowned.

"Girl that traumatized me. We were deeply in love, planned our entire future together. He was my first love, and he cheated. He was my first everything and he did that so it's fuck every nigga now." Mieke explained.

"Girl you can't do that. I know what he did was very lame but you can't let that one bad experience define your view of all guys," Charlotte advised. "There are good ones out there who won't put you through what Keanu did. Don't let his mistake ruin the possibility of finding someone who treats you right. You deserve that, Mieke and you know you do."

"Shut up," Mieke playfully teased, smiling. "But thanks. I'll try to move on eventually. You know Haveli's pregnant?" Mieke shifted the conversation, and Charlotte's jaw dropped.

"You're lying."

"Wow, you're making me out to be a liar all of a sudden," Mieke scrunched her face in jest. "But seriously, she's pregnant. She's not hiding her pregnancy but she kinda is. She's just not putting it out on social media, which might be why you haven't heard. She's three months pregnant."

"Wowwww. I'm gonna curse her out. I can't believe she didn't tell me she's pregnant." Charlotte shook her head. "That's crazy though. The main bitch that was talking about how much she hates kids ended up pregnant. Now I have to fly out here again for the preparation events. So she pushed the wedding back or what?"

"Right now, only we know about the pregnancy. She's keeping it a secret until she sends out the invitations. And yeah, she pushed the wedding back. She's considering having it when the baby's around six months old." Mieke shared.

"I'm so happy for my baby. How's your sexy ass brother? Who is my man by the way." Charlotte smirked and Mieke rolled her eyes.

"He's good, just out there being a hoe as usual. Nothing new," Mieke commented, shaking her head. "You'd think after someone tried pinning a baby on him, he would stop hoeing, but nope. He got worse." She added.

"I haven't been giving him much attention, and now he's on a thot spree," Charlotte shook her head. "But Mommy's coming to put an end to all that." She added, and as soon as Charlotte mentioned that, Mieke shot her a glare. "How's college going for Dakota? What Khouri been doing? Tell me everything."

"It's going good for Dakota but at the same time it's not. She's complaining about something new over there every week and she won't transfer because the transfer process is a lot of work. I hope things improve for her, though. As for Khouri, She's been khouring– traveling with her man and talking shit about people." Mieke shared, providing updates on her sisters.

"Typical Khouri." Charlotte shook her head. "And not my baby Dakota, going through it. I hope things improve for her. Is she trying to branch out and get involved? Because FAMU is fun, so it's surprising she isn't having the best experience." Charlotte pondered.

"Nope, she's not. You know Dakota won't initiate conversation unless someone talks to her first, and I understand where she's coming from but I keep telling her to join a club or something, but she's not interested." Mieke explained.

Mieke's phone began to ring, and she picked it up, turning the screen toward Charlotte. Charlotte grinned upon seeing that it was Mieke's sisters calling. Mieke answered the phone, turning her camera around showing Charlotte.

"Lottie!" Haveli and Khouri squealed in excitement over the call.

"Ugh I'm so missable." Charlotte fanned herself. "I miss y'all. Congratulations Veli."

"Thank you girlie. How you been?"

They all talked and caught up while making plans to hang out before ending the call. After finishing their meal, Mieke and Charlotte cleaned up their table and headed back to Mieke's apartment.

"Ooh, baby, the stomach is bloating," Charlotte chuckled, rubbing her belly. "My food baby."

The elevator doors opened, revealing Malik, Mieke's neighbor, who glanced up from his phone and made eye contact with Mieke,. "Hi Malik. Bye Malik." Mieke smiled.

"Wassup." He greeted both of the girls.

"Hey. You must want my best friend the way you're looking at her." Charlotte teased, nudging Mieke's arm, causing Mieke to roll her eyes.

"Oh my God Lottie."

"I do, She know that." Malik said and Charlotte grinned looking at Mieke.

"I don't know nuffin." Mieke shrugged.

"Swear?" As he locked eyes with Mieke. After a brief moment of eye contact, Mieke glanced away, prompting Malik to chuckle "Yo best friend know I want her. Been tryna fuck with her since the day she moved in."

"Ohhh. Mieke, That's true?"

"Maybe. Maybe not."

"Alright well I'll leave you guys to it and go in the apartment." Charlotte smirked, holding out her hand for the keys. Mieke sighed and handed them over, and Charlotte walked away.

"So, You finally gone stop playing and give me your number? Or do I need to get the office to give me it?" Malik asked with a sly smile.

Mieke swiftly recalled Charlotte's advice about moving on, considering that Malik was an attractive and genuinely nice guy. "Give me your phone." Mieke said, holding her phone out, and Malik grinned, passing his phone to her.

She quickly entered her number into his phone, saving her contact details, then sent a text from his phone to herself. Pulling out her phone, she saved his contact information.

"Aight. Ima text you. Text back."

"Don't worry, I will," she replied, holding his gaze for a moment. "Boy, I will. Gone on," She chuckled, and he joined in. They bid their goodbyes, and Mieke walked back to her apartment, pushing the door open. "The queen is back in the estate!" She announced.

"Sooooooo?" Charlotte looked at Mieke.

"We exchanged numbers," Mieke announced, and at that, Charlotte let out a squeal of excitement. "Aight bitch calm down."

"I'm happy for you that's all."

They spent the rest of their evening goofing around and watching TV, and then Mieke began her nightly hygiene routine. After changing into her pajamas, Charlotte finished showering and headed to the guest bedroom to sleep. Meanwhile, Mieke settled into her room, finally opening Instagram for a quick scroll.

charlottemonique

Liked by havelibeau and 3,598 others
charlottemonique cold ass cocky bitch
view all 218 comments
thegirlpey 🥰🥰🥰🥰
mdixooo Ouu pretty mama!
2 hours ago

dakotasdump

178 likes
dakotasdump i be forgetting about this page
View all 15 comments
dakotasdump @theprettyvirgo idc
10 hours ago

"They're always arguing." Mieke muttered as she read Dakota and her friend's argument. Once she finished with the comments, she shifted to watching people's Instagram stories.

brycewop 15h

You replied to their story
Damn it's gone hurt you to smile?

havelibeau 8h

godlykhouri 23h 🟢

godlykhouri 5h

godlykhouri 5h 🟢

"Gone post a quote talking about how she minding her business just to post something that same hour about somebody else business. Khouri is effortlessly funny." Mieke chuckled.

•••

happy thanksgiving! 🦃

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.8K 1.3K 23
𝘛𝘏𝘐𝘕𝘎𝘚 𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘕𝘎𝘌, 𝘗𝘌𝘖𝘗𝘓𝘌 𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘕𝘎𝘌, 𝘍𝘌𝘌𝘓𝘐𝘕𝘎𝘚 𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘕𝘎𝘌 𝘛𝘖𝘖.....
50.2K 2.6K 17
"𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘴𝘰 𝘧𝘢𝘴𝘵, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘮 𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘯..."
197K 8.4K 33
"𝐈 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞." - 𝙻𝙰𝙳𝚈𝙽𝙰𝙸𝙸 𝙿𝚁𝙾𝙳𝚄𝙲𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽𝚂 ©️𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟸
307K 14.2K 39
𝘐 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦.