Calamity of Date a Live

Custos_Portae द्वारा

Meet our boi, Kuro Itsuka. 17 years old and adopted by the Itsuka's with his (not-so) twin brother Shido. He... अधिक

Kuro Itsuka (Bio, pre - Kurumi)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
The Nameless Princess and the Hermit (Pt.1)
The Nameless Princess and the Hermit (Pt.2)
The Nameless Princess and the Hermit (Pt. 3)
The Nameless Princess and the Hermit (Pt. 4) (Edited.)
The Nameless Princess and the Hermit (Finale pt. 1)
The Nameless Princess and the Hermit (Finale pt.2)
Celine, Until our next Communion
Worst Spirit or Misunderstood Victim? Pt. 1
Worst Spirit or Misunderstood Victim? Pt. 2
Worst Spirit or Misunderstood Victim? Pt. 3
Not the Worst nor Misunderstood, Rather-
Your a Monster

Worst Spirit or Misunderstood Victim? Pt. 4

802 23 43
Custos_Portae द्वारा

Kuro Pov

Mana: "Ohh, so this is Brother's current home!"

Reaching the door of the Itsuka residence with much difficulty, the girl moved her hair that was slightly shorter than a ponytail, happily saying words that sounds polite and yet not conforming to the honorifics used in this country.

She has my respect for that alone already.

Our self declared sister, whose name seemed to be Takamiya Mana.

Although this girl could not be anymore suspicious... However when hugging the bundle of siblings at the street, she sat down on the spot, tears forming in her eyes, passionately describing how she was so hopeful of meeting with us, so Shido being the simp he is had no choice but to bring her along.

Ah who am I kidding. It was totally my idea.

Of course, Kotori's approval had been given. To tell the truth the one to suggest that they should bring Mana to the Itsuka residence, was Kotori herself.

Tohka: "Mu, but that was really shocking. Shido actually has another sister.... "

Shido: "No.... I don't have that memory at all."

Tohka: "Really? I still think that she looks similar to Shido... "

Am i just invisible again? Can't say I missed this feeling.

Mana: "That's goes without saying! Because I'm his sister!" 

As Tohka finished, Mana confidently hugged her arms.

However Mana's look suddenly changed, looking at Shido and Tohka while revealing a complicated expression.

Mana: "...But Brother. Mana really has to hand it to you." 

Shido: "Ha? About what?"

Mana: "Of course! Tobiichi——That's not right, that, is, aside from sister-in-law, why are you still mixing around with other females.......... "

Mana cleared her throat, blushing furiously while speaking in gibberish.

Shido: "Eh? Ehhh!?"

Shidou widened his eyes and yelled. 

Mana: "? Is there anything wrong?"

Shido: "There's several things! The first one was Origami was it? Well she's more focused on Kuro than me! Wait how do you know Origami?"

Mana: "Nn, well. Is that strange?"

Kuro: "Sus."

At the same time Mana spoke, she looked as if she was trying to find an excuse as her eyes looked around. Although Shido was very concerned about how the two of them knew each other, there was another issue that took priority.

Shido: "And then...What's with calling her sister-in-law.... ?"

Mana: "No, it's not like I don't have any reservations with that way of calling, but its to make preparations for the future......... "

At that sentence my eyebrows rose. I took a closer look at her. Flushed face, nervous speech, hips wriggling about. Oh lord. She's a brocon.

A severe one at that.

Shido: "There's no such plans for that type of thing!"

Mana: "Is, is that so........ ?"

Why do you sound disappointed?!

Mana knitted her brows looking troubled. 

Mana: "But Brother is a suspect for two-timing........... "

Tohka: "Two-timing. What's that?" 

Tohka tilted her head. Looks like she has learned another dangerous word again. More of a mess for Shido to fix.

But just as Shido was about to explain it to her...seemingly taking advantage in the middle of his confusion, Mana had already thrown questions at Tohka.

Mana: "I'll be direct. You are Tohka right? Are you currently going out with Shido?"

Kuro: "Well ain't that out of left field."

Shido: "Wha.... !"

Shidou cut in between the two with an extremely red face.

Shido: "Wha- what are you saying, how could that be possible!"

Mana gave Tohka a surprised look.

Mana: ".... Tohka-san? Have you gone on a date with Shido before?"

She removed her head from Shidou's side and asked Tohka this. 

Tohka: "Aaah, of course I have!"

Shido: "......"

Shido began to sweat as Mana directed a piercing gaze his way.

Mana: "Sttttttaaaaaaaarrrrrreeeee."

Shido: "Th, that's not it, about that...... "

He was not lying, but it was difficult for him to deny it. Shido took a step back with cold sweat dripping down his back.

At this point, Mana blushed and using a tone of absolute seriousness, asked Tohka another question.

Mana: "Tohka. Don't tell me, have you already *Chu—*?" 

Tohka: "*Chu—*?"

Tohka mimicked in confusion.

Mana: "I, I'm talking about kissing!" 

Tohka: "Nn, we did?"

Mana: "...!!"

At Tohka's calm reply, Mana widened her eyes. 

Mana: "im- impure!"

Shido: "Hey, calm down.... "

Shido tried to defuse the situation.

Mana: "Brother actually did such a gigolo-like act...! That's too heartbreaking! Reform! You must be corrected!"

He unfortunately rolled a Nat 1. In layman's terms, he failed. Miserably. Also keep in mind, we are all still walking. So everyone in public is bearing witness to this. Well they are if anyone is paying attention.

Tohka: "Shido what is a gigolo?"

Tohka once again asked in curiosity. Instead Shidou began furiously scratching his head, and began pushing Tohka towards the condominium next door. 

(A/N A condominium (also called a "condo") is a large property complex comprised of individual units, and each unit is owned separately.)

Tohka: "Nu? Why are you pushing me?"

Shido: "It's a pain to explain, first of all you should return to your room." 

Tohka: "Muu, but..."

Shido: "I'll make hamburger steak for tonight's dinner, will that suffice!" 

Tohka: "Oooh, really!?"

After hearing Shido's words, Tohka's eyes sparkled, running towards the apartment while waving her hand.

Tohka: "Shido! I want fried eggs on top of them!"

Shidou replied with "Yes yes.", waving his hand and watched her leave. 

Mana: "...Looks like you are very used to dealing with the opposite sex."

Shido: "I had plenty of experience with dealing someone similar."

Shido snarked while glancing in my direction.

Mana said her piece with slanted eyes. On the other hand Shidou acted like he didn't hear anything damning while responding, turning around and entering the gate of the Itsuka residence.

Grabbing the door handle, opening the entrance. And then—— 

Kotori: "——Welcome back, O• Nii• Chan!"

Waiting at the entrance was Kotori wearing casual clothing (Of course, the ribbons were still black), what was different was the forceful way she said "Onii-chan". Which....

Huh. It sucks to know it's directed at Shido. I can take solace in the fact that she sounds angry at him instead of me anymore.

In order to receive the guest, she returned home from <Fraxinus> and waited.

 Shido: "Oh, uh...I'm home?"

Shidou perspiring under an unexplainable pressure, raised his hand slightly in reply.

Kuro: "Why is that phrased like a question?"

I whispered.

Shido: "I don't know. This situation feels awkward!"

He whispered back.

Kotori: "Oh? Who's this?"

It felt like an old-fashioned way of asking. But this cannot be helped. Kotori who had been at home all this time (Let's just put it like that), yet knowing what happened at the street a while ago would seem extremely suspicious.

Shido: "Aa, aaah...We met each other at the street. No matter what—"

Mana: "Is there anyone else still inside the house!? My brothers have been in your care right!"

Mana said with a huge smile, while forcefully holding Kotori's hand and shaking it vigorously.

Kotori in a rare moment, was troubled to the point of perspiring. 

Kotori: "Brother? Those two are?"

Mana: "Yes! My name is Takamiya Mana! Shido and Kuro's sister."

Kotori sighed through her nose, letting go of Mana's hand and brought her into the house.

Kotori: "Well, why don't we come in first. We can talk about the details later." 

"Yes!"

Mana replied enthusiastically, following behind Kotori. 

Kuro: "..... Haaaa"

It felt like it would escalate into a messy situation, but fortunately that was not the case.

Shidou lightly sighed, taking off his shoes and made to follow the two into the hallway.

Shido: "Huh?"

Only to stop when he felt my hand on his shoulder.

Kuro: "Can you stay for a sec? Just humor me would ya?"

Shido: "Kuro I don't have the ti-"

His voice cutoff upon seeing my distraught expression.

My hand gripped my head tightly as I struggled to formulate my words.

Kuro: "Level with me here. You remember finding me in that fire right? We were both lost and confused right?"

Shido: "..."

Kuro: "I know that happened but even still.... I can't. I can't shake this weird feeling. That I know her. Why?"

It's unnerving for sure. It really is. How can I know her? Why does she call me brother? Why?

Kuro: "I'm not from here so how? Am I just... Am I- Why did-"

...

Sigh

Kuro: "Nevermind. It doesn't matter. You go on inside and make sure they don't kill each other."

I walked off, leaving a probably concerned Shido. 

it's for the best though, I don't think my confused demeanor would help with things for now.

Several days later

Reine: "Everyone has been looking for you Kuro. it's not right to make them worry you know."

The soft footsteps of one Reine Murasame alerted me to her presence.

Kuro: "Ahaha that's my bad. I lost track of time is all."

A beat of silence as I'm guessing she just stood beside the bench I was laying down on.

Before she sighed and sat down beside me.

I felt a hand ruffle through my hair gently.

Reine: "You don't have to act tough for once you know. it's only us right here."

...

I began to sit up.

Kuro: "It's alright. I'm fine trust m-"

My leg buckled as I sank down onto my knees.

Drip

Am I...crying?

But why?

I'm fine.

I'm fine...

I'm...

Kuro: "I'm not fine at all am I?"

Laughter left my lips as the floodgates fully opened.

That's the kicker isn't it?

Kuro: "In the span of a year, I've been thrown back into active combat, I've nearly died at least twice, I've been stabbed, thrown around, introduced to something similar to Herrschers, nearly traumatized a child, snapped at Hua, and to top it all off. I'm now having an identity crisis."

Reine: "..."

Reine said nothing as she helped me back up and onto the bench. Before moving my head into her lap and gently rubbing my head as I continued to vent.

Kuro: "The thing is, I know who I am. I'm not from here and that's a guaranteed fact. Yet that girl, Mana, managed to challenge that belief within minutes. She knows me, I'm certain of it. And while I want to confidently say I don't know her I can't. I can't shake off the sense of familiarity. Not to mention she hugged us with such affection, affection of a level that can't be faked.

So now, I can't even trust my own memories it feels like. If my memories are fake, does that mean that the person claiming to be Kuro is fake? Am I real? Am I even a person?"

Who am I if I can't trust my own mind?

Reine: "Your such a fool Kuro you know that?"

Kuro: "Huh?"

Reine: "At the end of the day all that matters is what you feel matters. Who are you? That's simple. Your Kuro Itsuka, sibling of Kotori and Shido Itsuka, your the walking contradiction who ranked 52nd in the school popularity contest. Your also Kuro, the guardian and overseer of those you care for, and a knucklehead who is to kind for his own good. And if you can't see that, well, I guess all of your family will have to remind you no?"

Wow. I-

I...

Kuro: "I see."

Reine: "Nn. We all care for you ok? Don't you forget that."

And as we sat in silence, my eyes began to close as the gentle rubbing through my hair, and the warmth of Reine began to lull me asleep.

Kuro: "You feel like a mother sometimes Reine..."

I whispered. 

Reine: "Thank you for the compliment..."

I didn't hear the rest as I drifted off.

In the lap of one Reine Mio.......

___

The next morning, I was already prepared for the earful I was certain to get for my impromptu absence. 

At least I know they care huh. It's rather refreshing...

End Chapter

I don't have much to say but here.

Have a smiling Tohka and Kuro.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

18.9K 558 21
I do not own anything. All rights go to pingzi. You Keika is a spirit shadow of Tanmoku Ki, the thirteenth head of the Tanmoku family. He has fallen...
339K 12.9K 39
Keiko Mochizuki is oblivious to see how lucky she really is. ˖◛⁺⑅♡ Seasons 1-3 ˖◛⁺⑅♡ Saiki x OC (Slowburn) ˖◛⁺⑅♡ The disastrous life of Saiki K belo...
38.6K 932 16
(Y/N) (L/N) is a normal highschool boy living his life peacefully in tengu city with his best friend itsuka shido. (Y/N) peaceful life fade as he get...
27K 746 52
Arthur,Twin Brother Of Nero Who Just Moved From Fortuna To Japan To See Spirit That Has Been Rumor Around That Take His Interest And At The Same Tim...