𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐏𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.

By MRSBVRBIE

𝘕𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦.. More

preface.
chapter one.
chapter two.
chapter three.
chapter five.
chapter six.
chapter seven.
chapter eight.
chapter nine.
chapter ten.
chapter eleven.
chapter twelve.
chapter thirteen.
chapter fourteen.
chapter fifteen.
chapter sixteen.
chapter seventeen.
chapter eighteen.
chapter nineteen.
chapter twenty.
chapter twenty one.
chapter twenty two.
chapter twenty three.
chapter twenty four.
chapter twenty five.
chapter twenty six.
chapter twenty seven.
chapter twenty eight.
chapter twenty nine.
chapter thirty.
chapter thirty one.
chapter thirty two.
chapter thirty three.
chapter thirty four.
chapter thirty five.
chapter thirty six.
chapter thirty seven.
chapter thirty eight. *LC*
newneww.

chapter four.

10.2K 636 110
By MRSBVRBIE

excuse any mistakes.

𝐊𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐮 𝐘𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐫 𝐉𝐚𝐜𝐨𝐛𝐬
𝙲𝙾𝙻𝚃𝚂 𝙽𝙴𝙲𝙺, 𝙽𝙹.

"Dr. Hilton is ready to see you guys now," The receptionist at the child psychologist's office said, her smile carrying a hint of flirtation as she directed her gaze towards Keanu, nodding toward the door leading to the psychologist's room. "Once inside, You could just take a left, and it's the third door on your right."

"Preciate it." Keanu nodded getting up.

"Thank you," Fela smiled, "Cmon Sky." She grabbed Skyler's iPad from her lap, and Skyler stood up. Fela tucked the iPad into her purse, then the three of them headed toward the door. Keanu opened it and courteously held it for Skyler and Fela before walking in himself.

Keanu, Fela and Skyler walked to the psychologist's office and when they got there they found Dr. Hilton standing there with a clipboard in hand. As soon as she caught sight of them, a welcoming smile instantly brightened her face and she stepped forward to greet them.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Hilton, but you guys could call me Astrid! I'm so happy to meet you all," Dr. Hilton greeted them warmly. Extending her hand, she first shook Keanu's hand with a friendly gesture, then graciously extended it to Fela, who reciprocated the handshake, expressing how delighted they were to meet Dr. Hilton as well. Bending down slightly, Dr. Hilton smiled at Skyler and asked, "And who do we have here?"

Skyler, typically not a shy girl, felt a knot of nervousness settle in her stomach. The purpose of their visit today had been explained to her, making her anxious. In an uncharacteristically shy manner, she uttered, "My name is Skyler."

"Hi Skyler," Astrid greeted with a friendly wave. "I'm Astrid. I know it can feel a bit scary to talk about things sometimes, but you know what? You're a brave and wonderful girl, and I'm here to help and listen. We'll take it one step at a time, there's nothing to be nervous about. Are you ready?" Lana asked as Skyler nodded, clutching Keanu's hand tightly. "Okay, come on. Follow me inside to my special office."

Keanu, Fela, and Skyler followed Astrid into her office, a warmly inviting space adorned with soft colors and cozy furniture. Skyler, gripping Keanu's hand, glanced around the room, taking in the inviting ambiance. The room felt exceptionally pleasant to her.

In one corner, a cluster of toys and a table adorned with coloring books, crayons, and markers caught Skyler's eye, and Astrid immediately noticed Skyler's interest in the colorful array of art supplies.

"Skyler, would you like to go and explore the toys and activities over there?" Astrid suggested, noting Skyler's interest. Initially hesitant, Skyler glanced at Keanu for reassurance, and upon receiving a nod from him, she let go of his hand and walked over to the inviting area, her curiosity gradually overcoming her hesitation.

"Okay, while she plays over there, I'd like to have a talk with both of you. You're her mom, right?" Astrid glanced at Fela.

"No, I'm her grandmother. She calls me her nanny." Fela chuckled in response.

"Oh my God, I'm sorry. You look very young. Come on, let's go sit over there." Astrid suggested, leading them to the seating area in her room, which consisted of a couch and a rocking chair. Astrid settled into the rocking chair, while Fela and Keanu took a seat on the couch. "So, what brings you here today?"

"Her momma, Naomi, died when she was two years old, and now, she's showing signs of grieving," Keanu explained. "Lately, she's been asking more about her mom. Last week, before she left for school, she told me how much she misses her mom. Later that day, her teacher called, mentioning a drawing she made. It depicted her and Naomi's graves side by side. I comfort her when she brings up her mom, but she quickly brushes it off. I feel she wants to share more, but she avoids talking to me or her Nanny about her real feelings."

Astrid nodded attentively as she listened to Keanu's concerns before taking down the notes. "It's understandable that Skyler might find it difficult to express her feelings. It's a lot for a young child to process," Astrid acknowledged. "Have you noticed any other changes in her behavior at home or in her routine?"

Keanu continued, "Yeah she been talking about death a lot when she plays with her toys. She sets up these scenarios where her dolls die, and she narrates these stories in a way that's concerning. It's all about death. This only started recently after I got the call from her teacher."

"Do you think the drawing and the play scenarios are her way of expressing something she's struggling to say directly?" Astrid inquired, aiming to understand Skyler's indirect expressions related to death and grief.

Keanu nodded, "Yeah. I think so. I tried talking to her but she avoids direct conversations about her mom's passing. It's like there's something she wants to express, but finding the right words might be difficult for her, or maybe she doesn't feel comfortable sharing it directly, especially with me because I'm her dad, and she probably doesn't want to make me feel bad."

"And how did that make you feel?"

Keanu sighed,. "It makes me feel helpless, you know? She's my daughter and I want her to feel comfortable sharing everything with me. The fact that she might be holding back because she's worried about how it might affect me makes me feel bad. I wanna help her through this."

Astrid nodded in understanding, "You're doing the best you can, Keanu. It's common for children to grapple with complex emotions, especially when they're navigating the loss of someone close. They might feel the need to protect their loved ones from their feelings. Our goal is to provide her with a safe space where she feels comfortable expressing herself without worrying about anyone else's feelings."

Astrid continued to offer her guidance, her voice filled with empathy. "Our future sessions will focus on creating an environment where Skyler can share her emotions and thoughts openly, knowing it's a safe place without any pressure. Together, we'll help her understand her feelings and navigate this challenging time."

She leaned forward, making eye contact with Keanu and Fela. "I'll also provide you with tools and strategies to use at home, which can encourage Skyler to express her emotions more openly and give her the necessary support as she navigates the grieving process."

Keanu, Fela, and Astrid engaged in further conversation and as their conversation wound down, Astrid rose from her seat and approached Skyler at the play area, taking a seat beside her.

"Hey, Skyler." Astrid greeted with a smile.

"Hi." Skyler replied, picking up a toy car.

Astrid observed Skyler as she played with the toy car, intrigued by her manner of play. "That's a cool car you've got there. What color is it?"

Skyler responded, "Blue."

"That's a great color," Astrid commented, trying to engage her further. "Do you like blue cars?"

Skyler looked up briefly, nodding. "Not really. I like Green cars but I don't see a green car."

Astrid smiled, taking note of Skyler's preference. "Green cars are cool too. I'll make sure to have a green car here next time you come. What's your favorite thing about green cars?"

"I like how they remind me of my favorite color."

"That's a beautiful color. It reminds you of nature, doesn't it?" Astrid asked, hoping to build a connection based on Skyler's interests.

"Yes." Skyler nodded.

"It's wonderful to feel connected to nature through colors," Astrid remarked, acknowledging Skyler's affinity for the outdoors. "What do you like to do when you're surrounded by nature?"

"I like playing and running around."

"That sounds like a lot of fun," Astrid said. "Nature has so much to offer, and it's a fantastic place for play and exploration. Do you have any favorite games you like to play outdoors?"

"Me and my Daddy likes to race. He rides his motorcycle and I ride my bicycle."

"That sounds really exciting! Do you ever win these races?" Astrid asked.

"I win all the time." Skyler grinned.

"What's your secret to winning?"

Skyler shrugged, "I just pedal really fast and that's how I win."

"I'll keep that secret in mind." Astrid acknowledged with a smile. "What else do you and your dad enjoy doing together?"

"Drawing."

"Do you enjoy drawing?"

Skyler nodded, her eyes lighting up a bit. "Yeah, I like drawing pictures."

"Would you like to draw something now?" Astrid asked, pointing to the drawing materials.

"Yes."

Keanu smiled, observing his daughter as she interacted with the psychologist.

"Great," Astrid said with a smile. "Drawing can be a wonderful way to express our feelings. It can show what's going on in our hearts and minds. How about we draw something that represents how we're feeling today? It can be anything you like, and we can talk about it after."

Astrid encouraged Skyler to choose her drawing materials, and together they started to draw. Fela and Keanu sat nearby, quietly observing Skyler as she immersed herself in the creative process, using colors to express her feelings.

"Aww look at her." Fela smiled.

"I wonder what she drawing." Keanu thought, furrowing his eyebrows while observing Skyler's focused expression.

Skyler then turned around, her eyes filled with tears, which immediately made Keanu stand up, concern etched on his face. He moved closer to her and gently picked her up. "What's wrong princess?" he asked before looking down at her drawing. His heart broke as he gazed at the drawing, his eyes welling up with emotion.

In Skyler's childlike drawing, she depicted herself with a stick-figure representation, beside her, a figure that was intended to be her mother. Above her own little figure was a speech bubble, and within it, Skyler's innocent handwriting came through, expressing her heartfelt emotions:

"Mommy please check on me. I wish you come back from heaven. I can't stop worry about dying and I'm scared. I want to die so I could see you but I'm scared to die."

Keanu read the words, his heart ached, and he held Skyler tighter, trying to comfort her as she cried on his shoulder. Fela got up, looking at the drawing, and her heart broke, deeply moved by Skyler's emotional expression. Astrid, too, felt a pang in her heart as she gazed at the drawing, recognizing the depth of Skyler's pain.

"Skyler, it's completely okay to feel sad and miss your mommy. We're all here for you. You're very brave for sharing your feelings. Do you want to talk about it?" Astrid asked and Skyler remained silent for a while, resting her head on Keanu's shoulder, before shaking her head no.

"I'm sorry." Fela apologized to Astrid.

Astrid smiled and reassured Fela, "There's no need to apologize. It's common for children to take their time to open up about their feelings, especially when it comes to something as grief. Skyler is doing wonderfully by expressing her emotions in her own way, even if it's through art. The fact that she shared her drawing today is a significant step, and it shows her trust in us. She'll open up when she's ready."

"You hear that, princess?" Keanu asked, his voice gentle and comforting. Skyler nodded in response. "When you ready, you can tell us anything, even if it's bout the things that make you sad. You brave princess."

"Would you like to end our session now and continue next time?" Astrid suggested, giving Skyler the option to take a break.

Skyler nodded softly, sniffling a little as she rested against her dad's shoulder.

"We can finish our session for today, and whenever you feel like talking more, we can do that next time," Astrid gently proposed. "Is Friday at the same time okay with you guys?"

"Yeah, that's cool." Keanu replied, looking at Skyler who gave a small nod in agreement.

Astrid smiled. "Okay, I have you guys scheduled. You did a great job today, Skyler. I'm proud of you. Would you like a blow pop?" Astrid asked, holding out a big bowl filled with lollipops. Skyler nodded and reached for two lollipops.

"Thanks." Skyler said softly.

"You're welcome."

Everybody then said their goodbyes then Keanu, Fela and Skyler walked out of the office.

"I need to use the bathroom," Fela mentioned, scanning the room and then spotting the sign indicating the bathroom's location. "I'll be right back. Won't take long." She assured them before heading towards the bathroom.

Keanu glanced at Skyler, noticing her eyes closed, and chuckled. "You sleep Princess?"

"Daddy, I'm trying to." Skyler replied.

"Aight I'll let you try." Keanu said.

Keanu retrieved his phone from his pocket opening his messages pressing the first one.

𝐙𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐛
𝐓𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲 4:48 PM

Are we still on for this weekend?

Yeah 
Delivered

Keanu heard those words, "Leave Cupid alone." and his heart skipped a beat. That voice, smooth, alluring, and husky, was etched into his memory, and it held the power to stir up emotions.

As he looked up from his phone, his eyes landed on the one person he thought he would never see again: her. Mieke Dalton, the woman who had captured his heart so many years ago.

And in that moment, Keanu's world seemed to slow down.

He found himself captivated by her presence.

Her face, aglow with an enduring radiance, painted the picture of timeless beauty. Her eyes, a deep, mesmerizing shade of brown, still held that captivating depth that had always drawn him in. The curve of her lips, still as captivating as he remembered, formed a gentle smile that sent shivers down his spine.

Sensing someone's gaze, Mieke turned in that direction and locked eyes with Keanu. A sudden jolt of panic shot through her, causing her eyes to widen in surprise and her body to tense up.

They stood there, locked in a silent, intense gaze. The air between them seemed to crackle with unspoken words and unresolved emotions.

Keanu's heart ached with the love he had never let go of, while Mieke's eyes betrayed a deep-seated resentment and pain that had festered over the years.

The tension in that moment was palpable, a complex blend of love and hatred, longing and resentment, all simmering beneath the surface.

"This bitch must've put me on hold." The person on the other end of the line stated, frustration evident in their voice.

Mieke blinked, momentarily distracted by the unexpected encounter. "I didn't." she replied to the voice on the phone before turning and walking away quickly, leaving him in a state of shock as he watched her retreat, surprised by the sight of her without any attempt to follow her.

"I'm back. Why do you look like that?" Fela asked, noticing Keanu's distant expression.

"Nun. I just spaced out. Come on."

•••

i done thought abt my thanksgiving plates like thirty times today.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.7K 1.4K 21
"𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐝𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 �...
153K 3.1K 53
"𝙄𝙡𝙡 𝙥𝙖𝙞𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙝𝙤𝙡𝙚 𝙨𝙠𝙮 𝙧𝙚𝙙,𝙙𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙧𝙚𝙢𝙚𝙢𝙗𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩?"
44.5K 1.3K 23
𝘛𝘏𝘐𝘕𝘎𝘚 𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘕𝘎𝘌, 𝘗𝘌𝘖𝘗𝘓𝘌 𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘕𝘎𝘌, 𝘍𝘌𝘌𝘓𝘐𝘕𝘎𝘚 𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘕𝘎𝘌 𝘛𝘖𝘖.....
18.8K 962 19
𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘩𝘪𝘮 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘮𝘦.