The Never Ending Lies

By babygrogulover

It has been 3 years since the world decided it wanted to bring the dead back walking again and have them beco... More

Past Is Always There
Dealing With It
Wait, What?

Wake Up Call

5 1 0
By babygrogulover

^^Justin^^
Ok author note: Set in the United States. Kind of a drowsy beginning but hope you guys like it. The "dead" are supposed to be like the walker from TWD. Please enjoy :)
___________________________
Introduction:

It has been a long time since I have been outside the walls that keep the dead out.  It has been a long time since I have killed one of them, since I have seen their lifeless bodies die one last time.

After seeing everyone in your family die horrible brutal deaths, and watching your lover you thought you were gonna marry die. Killing the dead just does not seem so bad anymore. Until you do not have to do it anymore. Until you are stuck behind the walls people hide behind in order to get away from them. That's when it gets bad.

___________________________

My alarm in the morning goes off and I wake up from another horrible dream of them. Ever since being in this place I haven't even seen one. So that somewhat makes the dreams get better ever single day.

As I lift myself out of bed and get some actual clothes on I realize what day it is, Third Year Memorial Day.

It has officially been three whole god damn years since the world ended and we built a new society in the broken world. Or since my sister did.

My amazing sister, the god almighty representative of our community of over 30000 people, Homeland. By representative I mean that she represents us to new communities we find, basically she's the scapegoat to find other communities and recruit them to us. Did I also mention she is a general in our militia. Well now you know.

They chose her because she is one of the best fighters here, and shooters, and combat strategist, basically any cool thing you could think of that has something to do with fighting, she is good at it.

It is the third year anniversary which means I have a week or two until this is my first full year in Homeland.

I walk to the kitchen to get some breakfast, the best part of Homeland if you ask me. I never had breakfast out there, to scared of becoming breakfast to them. My breakfast consists of 1 egg, 1 sausage, and 1 piece of toast. All my rations could afford while my sister is off visiting some god forsaken community, The Refuge.

After breakfast I grab all my things, including my knife. I can't go anywhere without something, I tried to get a gun by my side but the knife was all my sister could get the board to accept. She is very good at getting her way when her community intake is at such a high rate, and the more communities that join us means the more farmland and food we get from the farming communities.

After I secure all my things I head out the door to school. Oh yes, another part about Homeland, school. Most people who did not have to live out there see school as a bad thing in here, I don't. I see school as a sign of life, which you only usually see out there when someone is trying to kill you.

As I reach the school which is in an old office building because the only school is 20 miles east, which is uncleared territory for Homeland. We learn in an office building. It's actually not to bad but there is something about schools actually having a name other then "Office Max", that just makes schools homier.

Since most of the teachers in the world are dead, our classes consist of three subjects. English, Math, and one elective. Since we have a wide arrange of careers in Homeland half a dozen or so people stepped up for elective teaching. Like one of our nurses from the Infirm (Hospital), dedicated her off shifts to teach kids how to treat wounds with limited supplies, or an ex-marine soldier teaches us safe ways to kill them.

Me personally, I stick to art. The art teacher is and old lady whom Homeland found in the beginning. She was working in a factory to can food items but as we grew larger and made a school, getting an art elective was something that our community envied. Something normal to connect us to the old world. Also teenagers like myself, tend to like art to. There is over 15 kids in my class, which is a lot in the end of the world.

I'm in art class today, which consists of the whole day. Ms.Hency has us draw our emotions, how we feel deep deep inside. She says that art is a good way to embrace your true feelings about things. So I draw. I don't necessarily focus on the emotion part of the subject, but when I am done you can see the emotion, and it disgusts me.

"Great work Mr.Lioteno, pop more of those drawings out of your head and you have yourself a passing grade in my class!" Ms. Hency says to me as she starts inspecting our drawings, heading back to her desk at the front. I did not even realize that it had been over 30 minutes.

As I look up I see this guy standing at the front of the classroom talking to Ms. Hency. I have never seen this guy before. He has jet black hair, and very cute blue eyes. Can't believe after what I have been through I still find people attractive. Especially after all this time.

"Class, Class! Can I get everyone's attention please?" Ms. Hency says after it seems like she is done talking to this mystery guy at the front of the classroom.

"I would like to introduce a new student joining our classroom, his name is well um-"

"Marcus. My name is Marcus." Mystery guy says after Ms.Hency was so obviously struggling to remember his name.

"Well everyone welcome Marcus. He is from The Refuge. Just came to our community yesterday." As she says "The Refuge", everyone's face stares in shock and sadness. The Refuge just a few weeks ago got over run by them and wiped out all of the 2000 population. My sister was there when it fell, I haven't seen her since she got back the other day, but I'm assuming she survived because our community would be in pure chaos if she didn't.

"Marcus there is a free seat next to Mr.Lioteno. Mr.Lioteno raise your hand please!" So I do. Marcus slowly walks over to me so I start to lower my hand.

I want to introduce myself so I do.
"Hello, my name is Justin. Nice to meet you." I say as I look into his beautiful blue eyes. He just keeps looking straight ignoring my introduction.

"I've been there to too. Don't worry, I know." I say hoping he can see the genuine look in my eyes. But all he does is stare at me, for what felt like hours but was only minutes.

Next thing I know class is over and that's the school day, sitting there drawing all day. English is tomorrow and Math is on Friday, Friday the day I am longing for.

"Hey Marcus can you stay back a minute, you to Mr. Lioteno hold up." Ms.Hency says right before we get up to exit the classroom.

"So Mr.Lioteno... I have been asked by General Juliet to ask you to be the guide of Marcus because he just got to our community!" She says, and I can tell it was a direct order from my sister, not an ask.

"Ms.Hency tell my sister I would but I just got so much darn homework, really bugs the hell out of me and I don't think I can put any more on my plate at the moment. Tell my sister I am sorry. Would tell her myself but God knows when she will be home!" I say , even though I want to hang out with this very hot boy, if it's an order from my sister I am not following it. Last time I followed her order both of our parents died, and our little brother.

"Please Justin. You know it's not a question, take this boy on a tour of the neighborhood. Show him The Infirm and show him The Ration Port."  Ms.Hency says giving me a direct order this time instead of asking. My sister must have been really stern with her.

I don't say anything as I walk out, I think Marcus just takes this as a cue to follow me.

"Your last name is Lioteno. Are you by chance related to General Lioteno? "He asks me.

"Yes she is my sister."

"She saved my life. She was there representing your community when the horde overran my community. We were the only ones to make it." I was walking the whole time he was talking, only stopping in the end when he mentioned he was a lone survivor.

"What do you want from me?  You want me to go tell my sister you said thanks? Because I am not doing that." I say with a little bit of frustration because I have no idea where this is going.

"No, no I already thanked your sister enough. She's the one who put down my family when I couldn't. She saved my life. But that's not the point. You said back there in class that you have been out there to? Is that true?" He asks. I choose not to push much further into him praising my sister but more into being out there. But it was interesting how many times he said, "She saved my life."

"Yes it it true. I was out there for 2 years before finding this place. All alone, well for most of it at least." I say.
________________________

Question of the part (1)
——> WYR break your legs or arms?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115 7 10
Everyone always said that the world would end in fire or wars. But no one was ready for it to be taken out by the impossible. After two years of figh...
112K 2.8K 31
"One of my favorite tropes is someone who believes they're hard to love and someone who loves them like it's breathing." TW: Mentions of suicide and...
210 16 16
In February of 2009, a man went to the hospital to be treated for a brain tumor. Upon further examination, another unknown virus in this man's brain...
1.8K 139 38
Humanity at its knees. The dead walk again and the screams of those who are caught fill the air. One group still hangs onto life, though. Josh is a m...