Gold Rush | Jack Hughes

By kellslibrary

what happens when she's invited to sing the american and canadian national anthems at the new Jersey devils g... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.

28

1.4K 20 9
By kellslibrary

12 more chapters left! Hopefully I can get my groove back and write more often lol enjoy this one!
______________________________

"Tampaaaa this is night 3 how are you doing tonight!?" I shout. They all scream back and I smile looking around "this song is about MY new Jersey devil this is LITTLE DEVIL!" I say before starting the song.

I look out into the crowd and see jack wearing his hat on backwards and he's nodding along to the song with a smile. I'm amazed that jack is taking a few games off to come to this show and travel to the venues I'm going to for my tour to check them out.

Tony said it was a good idea so that's what we're doing between shows. Next week we're in texas, the morning of the first show jack has a game against dallas so I'm going then the whole team is attending the first night.

Thankfully the last home game before playoffs is during the week and I am attending with the girls and Jack's parents will also be there. 

My set goes by and now I'm sitting at the piano playing the beginning of 'you are in love'. I look out into the crowd and Jack's there smiling. "This song is one of my favourites from 1989, I hope you enjoy you are in love, liv's version" I say before singing.

"One look, dark room
Meant just for you
Time moved too fast
You play it back
Buttons on a coat
Light-hearted joke
No proof, not much
But you saw enough
Small talk, he drives
Coffee at midnight
The light reflects
The chain on your neck
He says, "Look up"
And your shoulders brush
No proof, one touch
But you felt enough" I sing and play the piano while also trying not to cry.

I continue singing and then it gets to my favourite part. I stare right at Jack and sing the next part. "One night he wakes, Strange look on his face
Pauses, then says,You're my best friend, And you knew what it was
He is in love" I grin and wink at jack after.

A lot of people notice and look at Jack who has turned red but is still smiling and looking at me like we're the only people in this giant stadium. I continue singing and playing the piano.

Once I'm done I bow then introduce Gracie before sprinting off stage to change then meet jack on the floor. He hugs me tightly "that was beautiful" he whispers.

I look up at him "I love you" I whisper. He smiles and rests his head against mine "I love you too" he whispers. Right as we kiss gracie comes out and the crowd goes wild.

We enjoy this show together then we're off to seattle to check out the arena there. We fly there on a red eye and we're taken to our hotel fairly quickly.

Since we're all tired we just go to our rooms and jack carries our bags to our room in the suite "thank you" I say tiredly. "Of course sleepy pants" he says back. "Being a popstar is tiring" I reply then yawn.

"But you wouldnt change it for the world right?" He asks. "Oh definitely but being a hockey wife sounds fun too" I reply with a smile. "One day" he says. "Yeah? Olivia hughes sounds good to me" I reply with a wink.

He smiles "you'd change your stage name?" He asks. "Mmm yeah I think so" I answer. "That means a lot" he says then pulls me in for a hug. I smile and hug him back "I'd be so proud to be a hughes" I tell him.

We share a few kisses before tiredly doing our nighttime routines and then climbing into the hotel bed. We both go on our phones for a little bit before charging them and getting comfortable.

Jack kisses my forehead before I turn around and he wraps his arm around me pulling me close. "I love you so much" he whispers. "I love you so much too" I whisper back.

"I love you liv" he whispers in my ear quietly. "I love you too jack" I whisper back. We slowly fall asleep and switch positions throughout the night.

The following morning we have breakfast with everyone else before we go to the arena for a tour. Seattle has a practice going on when we get there but we ignore them and continue on with the tour.

When we get back to the hotel later jack puts the game on the tv. He is missing a few games to be here and Luke isnt playing either. Since playoffs are starting soon they arent playing incase they get hurt.

Nico is fine and not playing as well but isla is still concerned so instead of coming to seattle with us she went back home to see him. Jordyn and emma stayed with us.

"When did it start?" I ask sitting next to him. "5 minutes ago" he answers sitting up. I sit back and watch "and they scored already?" I ask. He nods while checking his phone. "It was dawson" he says.

Timo scores right after Jack puts his phone down and sits back. "Yessss" he says raising his arm. I hold my hand out for a high five and he grabs it before kissing it. "Hell yeah baby" he cheers. I giggle and look at his happy face. "You're adorable" I tell him.

Luckily they win this game and while we were watching we had room service delivered and pigged out on all the food and now I've got a food baby. "I'm full" I say sitting back.

Jack looks over at me while he's eating ice cream "you look tired" he says. I nod and yawn "I am a little bit" I reply. "We're off to chicago in a few hours don't forget liv" tony says coming in. Ugh I forgot.

We pack our stuff up once again and leave for Chicago. On the plane ride there we fall asleep. We spent a couple days there and now we're in texas.

Since I do have a show here I check out the arena and while we're there the Dallas stars are getting there for practice. They see Jack and only a couple guys say anything to him.

Tomorrow is the game he is playing in and then I have my show then jack is going back to new Jersey on sunday. The team will need him for the last 2 games to secure who they play against in the first round of the playoffs.

I'm doing rehearsals while jack has practice so he isn't here right now. I finish up and go backstage where the girls are waiting. I change and pack up before we're off to the hotel.

Once jacks practice is done he texts me that he's on his way to the hotel so I take that time to shower since we're going to dinner just us.

After changing and getting ready I take a few selfies before posting one on my story.

____

Olivia's story

Date night ♡

______

Jack came in when I was putting my hair up and got ready so we're now both ready to go. He takes my hand gently while we're walking down to the fancy hotel restaurant.

We get seated quickly and we order wine right away. He looks at me from across the table and smiles. "So while you've been gone I bought some land" he says. "You what?" I ask. "Actually I bought a house and some land" he says.

I nod slowly "okayyyyy" I reply confused. "What I'm trying to say is the house is for us, for our future" he says. I smile and my heart thumps "that sounds amazing" I tell him.

His smile comes back and he squeezes my hand 3 times to tell me he loves me. I smile and squeeze his hand back 4 times. "To our future" he says holding up his glass of wine. I smile and hold mine up.

__

Olivia's story: to us ♡

___

We spend the night together eating expensive food and drinking some expensive wine before hobbling to our room in the suite.

Since jack has the game tomorrow morning I make him drink some water and take some tylenol before we fall asleep together with our legs entangled.

The next day

Jack had to leave early in the morning but he left wearing a very sexy suit. I couldnt help but leave a few hundred kisses on his cheeks. Luckily I hadn't gotten ready yet so he didn't have lip stick on him.

I know the guys would tease him and his face would turn pink from blushing. Which would be insanely cute to witness.

The girls and I change and get ready for the game. I send jack a few good luck texts and we stop for coffee on the way to the arena in dallas. Thankfully theres a couple hours between when the game ends and when I have to be in Houston.

We're all leaving on Taylor's jet after the game so we won't have to worry about me being late. "The fans are confused on why you're in dallas since you've got a show tonight" jordyn says looking at her phone.

"For real? It's called a plane" I joke. "Not wrong" she says. "Like theres 2 hours between when the game ends and when I have to be on stage it'll be fine" I reassure her and myself. "We can do it" she says.

I move onto something else and before we know it we're in the crowd and its warmups.

___

Olivia's story: my man ♡ @/jackhughes

____

He skates by me a few times and then looks up and into the crowd and spots me the third time around. He waves happily and I smile waving back at him.

The girls gush about us and I blush "that's my man!" I say as he skates a
way. "Sure is!" Jordyn says looking at me. "You guys are perfect" emma says. "I love that we're all in relationships" I say looking at the 4 of my best friends.

Islas with nico, jordyns with cari, emma is with trevor doing long distance and felicity is with cole also doing long distance and I'm with Jack. "Wait it's the first time ever" jordyn says. Which is true.

After warmups they go to the back and then they do the national anthem then the game starts. The devils goalie is infront of us for the first period so we don't get to see Jack's goal 3 minutes into the game.

He looks over at me from the bench and I blow him a kiss. He smiles and then focus' on the game again. "He plays weirdly better when you're in attendance" emma says.

"I think all of our boyfriends do" isla says watching nico hop onto the ice then score right after making it 2-0. The guys on the bench jump up and cheer.

This game goes by so so fast but luckily they win 7-2 so they're all in a good mood when we meet up after. Jack hugs me tightly "you dont smell like sweat" I tell him. "I showered fast" he says.

Oh thank god. "You smell great baby" I tell him. "Thank you" he whispers hugging me more. After we pull away we're off to catch the jet to Houston. Nico, luke, dawson, and a few others join us since they all got tickets.

The flight is fast and now Jack's teammates are waiting in line to come inside and Jack's coming backstage with me since he has a pass. When we get to the dressing room Tony is pacing around stressed out.

He stops when he sees me "finally! Where were you?" He asks. "Dallas at his game, I told you I'd make it" I answer sitting in the makeup chair. Tony looks at jack "did you win?" He asks. "Yes 7-2" Jack answers.

"Ok good" tony says then sits on the couch. "We made it don't be mad" I tell tony. He ignores me and I get my hair and makeup done then change before I get on stage.

Jack is in the crowd with the guys and I look at him every often and he smiles and sings a long. It gets to the cover song and I sing 'yellow' by cold play while looking at Jack.

___

Jack's story: supporting my girl

_____

Once I'm done I change into an oversized jacket, leggings and one of my folklore cardigans then I sprint down to the floor to meet with jack and the guys.

"You did so good liv!" Dawson tells me. "Thank you dawson" I reply while Jack's hugging me. "I love you so" he whispers in my ear. I smile "I love you" I whisper back.

Gracie comes out and we dance and sing along to her songs then the intermission starts so we decide to go get food. Jack holding my hands as we try to find the pizza. "I loooove pizza" I say dramatically.

He smiles "me too babe me too" he
says. We get pizza and then go back to our seats. Jack and I sit together and just talk like we're the only ones there.

From the corner of my eye I catch a few people taking photos or videos but I ignore them because it's nothing I can control. "So you've got these shows then it's the last games then you're off for the first round" he says.

I nod and frown "yes but I might be able to catch the games that are during the week" I tell him. He nods and then applause by lady gaga starts once again and everyone hurries to their seats and we finish up our talk.

Scheduling when we see each other is easier for our relationship so we're not stressing and we look forward to seeing each other.

Taylor comes out and we focus on the first show in houston. Sadly jack goes back to new Jersey the next morning and night 2 and 3 are done without him.

Last home game of the regular season

Jack stands infront of the mirror fixing his jacket and I look at him with a smile "you look good baby" I tell him. "Thank you my love" he smiles. I blush and hug him from behind "you've got this tonight" I reassure him.

His hands rest on mine "thank you" he says. I give him a few kisses before he leaves for the game then I get myself ready. The girlfriends and I are going out for dinner before going to the game. So it should be fun.

Isla and I meet the others at the restaurant and we have so much fun, ryleigh and kristen showed us all the designs for the wag playoff jackets. Which I'll be wearing when I have shows and he has a game.

We get to the arena and are in the suite for this game so we dont have to leave if we dont want to. We have drinks and watch the game. Jack scoring with a minute left of the first period.

The games goes by fast once again and they win 5-3. The last goal being by luke and it was an empty netter. The next few days go by and it's now round one of the playoffs.

Luckily I'm able to attend the first game and they win it taking the first game. Sadly I have to miss the second game and we are now in Atlanta. While I'm performing the second game is playing in my ears.

As I'm watching Gracie perform I'm also watching the game on my phone and thankfully they take the win making the series 2-0 so far.

I can't wait til I can attend every game of his and not miss one because I'm touring. I love doing this but I love supporting him too.

We facetime after his game and we plan for when I can see him next. Which will be during the next round in a week. This is getting stressful but playoffs will go by and he'll be able to join me on tour.

Sadly he has to go since they're flying out to carolina for games 3 and 4. I fall asleep shortly after we hangup. Hopefully we survive this.

______________________________

Hope ya enjoyed! I wrote this instead of watching the oilers get their butts kicked by the canucks lol

Vote
Comment
Follow me

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 2.5K 50
โ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ช ๐˜ด๐˜ค๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ช๐˜ต'๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ "๐˜ช ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ," ๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๏ฟฝ...
142K 2.7K 43
โ it's hard because i think i love him. and i'm not a home wrecker, I refuse! so i'll stick this out and get over it. โž . . โ‹†๏ฝกหš ๐Ÿงธ ๐—œ๐—ก ๐—ช๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—› โ”...
53.5K 405 41
She meets a hockey player. She falls in love. He doesn't know what he wants. Distance separates the two. Will it push them together?
50.1K 764 30
Seeing Jack again for the first time has done unfathomable things to Lyla's heart. They hadn't seen each other in years, and she thought she'd buried...