The Empire of Hearts

By _magically_

Once upon a time, an angel and a devil fell in love. It did not end well. Reine Beaufort, daughter... More

Author's note
Playlist
Character Aesthetics
Blue Skies
Welcome to Monte Carlo!
A Lie In Time
The Misterious Invitation
Yuanfen
Strikhedonia

Flaneur

8 0 1
By _magically_

French ~A person who strolls the city in order to experience it. "Deliberately aimless"~

Reine's Pov

"Wait, no!" I see someone coming closer and closer. "Help! Somebody help, please!" The red wall meets my back, trying to escape.

"There's none who can hear you here." The voice of a man appears. He takes my arm with a hand and cups my face with the other one, so I'm looking at him.

"So it's just you and me, princess. Long time no see." Wait, I recognize him. Jacques.
"What are you doing? Take your hands off of me!" I start shouting for help, but none comes.

Today

I wake up sweaty and hyperventilating. Another nightmare. For some time, I didn't have one. But now it appeared again. I look at the clock, 8:25. Very early. I decided to get dressed because I would not be able to sleep anymore.
I dress myself with a pink blouse and pants, and I go down to see what I can find to eat. I pass bu the living room, spacious and classy, colors of black and brown.

"Miss?" I hear a woman's voice. "Don Armando is waiting for you in his study room. Please, come with me." God, I can't even have a peaceful morning without being disturbed by this person.

I enter the room. It is a dark room, very intriguing. I wonder what secrets this room has. But I can't think for too long because I see him. Sitting on his chair, looking at me.
"What do you want, Rossi? So early and already with your demands?"

"Buon giorno to you too principessa. We have some things to discuss about the marriage. In one month, it will take place. In Sicily. You have time to do it how you want, I don't care about any decorations, I have enough things in my mind to worry now about a stupid wedding. You can talk with Aldonza, she is the wedding planner. I need you to sign this contract." He explains while looking at me like I'm nothing.

"First, I also have no time to worry about a wedding I didn't plan. And what's that contract about?" I speak, trying to appear serious like a businesswoman.

"I don't see what you have to do, but then Aldonza will do it how she wants. Here are the rules:
1. Once married, in the house will come no strange men
2. You will respect me and follow my orders
3. You will dress like a Mafia woman, not like a teenager
4. You will act like a mature person, not like a kid
5. You will tell me always when you'll leave the house
6. You won't disturb me while I'm doing business"

Ha! What an asshole. "Listen here Rossi. I obey no man. I'll act how I fucking want. I will dress myself how I fucking want. I will leave the house when I fucking want. You shouldn't worry about me fucking strangers, I don't do that. Also, respect goes both ways. You have to earn mine and also respect me. About the business, I don't have any intention to be with you in the same room."

Rossi looks at me persistently. I feel like I will melt under his eyes. He comes closer and closer, taking slow steps, like he is the predator and I'm his prey, leaving no space between us. "You have quite a mouth, principessa. I wonder how much time will take until it will get you in trouble. Be careful what you say. Here I'm the Don, I chose to treat you kindly, but believe me, I can change that drastically. You don't wish to see that part of me, I assure you. I'm not a good man. Don't forget that."

I look at him surprised. "What would you do for example if I don't behave?" I don't know, but I feel a bit scared about his answer.

"Depends on what you do. I said yesterday to you that there will be consequences. I was not joking. In the end, I'm the boss of the Italian Mafia, the most dangerous one. People don't call me accidentally 'The Devil'."

I can't say anything. I'm just looking at him. "You should go and eat. Riccardo, your new bodyguard, will show you the house later."

"Okay..." I get out and a man, blonde, waits for me. He must be Riccardo. "Boun giorno, Miss! I'm Riccardo. I will be in charge of your safety."

"Nice to meet you Riccardo. Please call me Reine. Can you show me where is the food? I'm starving and that idiot kept me from eating in order to listen to his monolog about rules and how dangerous he is." I say in a sarcastic tone. He laughs. "Armando may be a dangerous man, but he won't hurt you."

"Hm, it didn't seem like that. Anyways, let's go." I say suspiciously.

"Here is the eating room. Please take a seat. Don eated before so he won't come." I choose to ask him some questions.
"Tell me, Riccardo, for how long you work here?"

"For 3 years." Hm, not so long.

"How well would you say that you know Rossi?" He looks at me smiling. "Let's say, fifty fifty. He always has something secret." I see.

"How did you two met?" He takes a long breath. "I was working for the Russians, but one day, the Boss, took my wife as a rein. And Mister Rossi saved her, even if we weren't allies. He may be dangerous, but has a heart. He offered me and my wife a job, and I sword loyalty to him for saving my wife."

"I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you too are alright now." So he has a heart, yeah maybe an iced, non-functional one.

I eat some pineapple and berries. They are amazing. Fruits are my favorite dish in the morning.

"Would you want to see the house?" He asks me when I'm finished. "Yes."
"At this level is the kitchen, the gym, the cinema and the pool. You also have a really nice garden, with a lot of flowers and a fountain. Tha garage for the cars, the wine museum. In the first floor is the Don's study room, the dining room and other rooms for guests. On the second floor is your room, Armando's, and other rooms. In the basement are guns and other things. You shouldn't go there."

All can I say is WOW. He really has everything someone can have. But he doesn't have a soul.

"Thank you, Riccardo. I will go to watch a movie in my room" He responds "Alright. Call me if you need something."

I get on my bed and I decide to watch some chapters of Gossip Girl. My favorite one.

10h later

After watching 12 chapters, I decide to get up and look for Armando. I see him getting out of his room. Dressed all nice. Black suit, hair well done... and his perfume. And of course, his asshole ego. He looks at me. I question him "Where are you going?"

"Somewhere, I have business to attend." Hm, now? "At this hour?" I don't know what ame out of me.

"Si. Don't wait for me at dinner. I won't come so early. " and with that he leaves.

So you want to play like this. Let's see what business you have, Rossi. "Riccardo?!" He comes. "Where is Rossi going?" I ask him. "To one of his clubs, why?" So so Mister Rossi, to a club. To get girls. Very good. "Do you know wich club?" He looks at me concerned "I do, but..."
I stop him. "No buts! Prepare the car, Riccardo, we are going to his club." He looks at me stunned, impressed of what I said. "But Don said clearly to not get out without his permission and even more, to go to his clubs and businesses."
I reply, feeling confident "Basically, I will still be on his properties, in his club, so I'm not going anywhere. Look Riccardo, either you come with me or I will go alone. You decide."
"Don is going to kill me for this" he says. "Don't worry. None ks going to kill nobody." I tell feeling confident. "I will go change"

I enter my room. So, what can I wear? Ahh yes! My short red satin dress! Perfect! Italy vibes. I dress myself, put on some high silver heels, my Swarovski Angel necklace, earrings and bracelet. I look at myself. I really look good. Like a goddess! I put my favorite red lipstick and do my hair just to have some small waves. Now I'm from the red carpet. I take my silver bag and go downstairs where Riccardo is waiting. He looks at me and sighs. "I will certainly be dead tonight if he sees you dressed like that."

"Thank you for confirming me how good I look. Now let's go."

We go to the G6 black wagon, now the fun will begin Rossi. "I still think that this is a very bad idea, Reine. He will kill both of us." I roll my eyes.  "Don't be so dramatic Ricco, you must think this: Life is too short. Important is to live it to the fullest, be happy, healthy and the look good. The other things are passing." I say with a smile.
"Passing will be our souls when he will see you."

After a 10 minutes drive, we arrived. "Well well, if isn't this funny. Nice building. I don't know why, but I feel like tonight something big is gonna happen. I'll make sure of it." I smile mischievously, looking at the club.
I enter and he follows me. All I hear is the sound of music at maximum. People are dancing and having fun. "Riccardo, I will go get something to drink. Have fun!"
"Stay here Reine. I will see if Don is here."

I go to the bar. "Ciao!" I say smiling at the bartender. "Ciao bella! What can I get you?" He says with a smirk. "I actually don't know, what do you recommend me?" He looks at me with intensity. "Sex on the beach?" Ohh I see, why not. "That would be awesome." I look around. No Riccardo and no Rossi. Good. "Here you have it." I take a sip. "Wow! Ohh! It tastes really good!"
"What's doing a beautiful girl like you here alone?" Well this is going to be funny. "I'm just out for some fun." I drink more of the cocktail.

After I finish it, I make my way to the dance floor. I start moving to the beat. I take my black sunglasses out of my purse and put them on. I'M FUCKING ICONIC BITCHES! "Uuuuuhhh!!!!" People start screaming, hearing the beginning of the song "Baila morena" by Hector y Tito. I'm in the middle of the crowd. I start dancing with the people around me 'baila morena baila moreno, perreo pa' los nenes, perreo pa' las nenas'. I feel freaking alive. I dance like my life depends on it. I have this new feeling that I haven't felt in my life. I move like I never did before. 'Dale moreno, dale moreno, dale moreno, no pares moreno, dale moreno, dale moreno, dale moreno, que nos fuimos a fuegote' The crowd starts hyping me. How I love this feeling. I'M SO HOT! I keep dancing, enjoying and living every moment. All the attention being on me. All eyes. I'm the moment. I'm an icon.
The song is now ending and I hear too much silence. I look around but with my sunglasses I see everything dark and not a lot a lot exactly. I refuse to take them off because I look too spectacular to do that. I hear some steps coming from behind me. A hand is put on my waist. I feel that same perfume. It may be someone with the same scent as the Devil. I turn around. It's not someone with the same perfume. I see the famous eyes. Which if I can say, they look somehow furious. His jaw clanching. I smile at him. "Oh! Ciao ciao, Rossi!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Broken By

Teen Fiction

262K 4.9K 40
A broken girl who fights all her own battles, alone. she owns her own mafia and people see her as sadistic, heartless and cruel. no one has ever seen...
188K 3.2K 33
โš ๏ธTOXIC LOVE! I've warned you guys so don't hate, there is no need just leave if you don't like it no one forces you guys to read itโš ๏ธ โš ๏ธI'll mute an...
141K 11.7K 43
Unedited... Laura is the second daughter of Chief West and the first and only child of Chief West's late first wife. She had lost her mother in a gha...
331K 13.2K 34
Esmeray was raised in a shitty orphanage and she didn't attend college. She started working at the age of eighteen. She rented the cheapest apartment...