All A Dream {Jax X Reader}

By opalicojewels

"Yeah, just keep grabbing at it, that worked for all of us," he said cockily, smirking at me. "Then how do y... More

1. "This wasn't supposed to happen!"
2. "I'll admit it... nice name."
3. "It's gloinks or the abstracted clown."
4. "Let's get outta here."
IMPORTANT A/N
4A. "Just this prank, deal?"
4B. "Never do that again."
A/N - I'm alive :)
4BA. "Don't give up."
4C. "Choosing the masks over me?"
5. "Look, I fell for you~" 🎄
6. "What the f-"

4D. "Will you guys just stop!"

596 28 28
By opalicojewels

NOTICES

Had to publish this before I enter full rage Hazbin mode

Sorry for disappearing guys, I've been really busy and I couldn't find any time to fit Wattpad in my schedule.

Requested by @Cerise4Peace

This will be the first oneshot that has Jax's POV in it.

Reader is G/N

Man I love writing angst

Breaking hearts, destroying self-esteem, yes. Perfection. 😃

—————

Narrowly avoiding Jax before he turned to look at us, me and Ragatha hurried to shove the packaged party streamers and other birthday-related items into Gangle's room.

Gangle had volunteered her room since she had informed us that Jax rarely went in there. His main targets were Ragatha's and mine.

I kid myself not, I had literally fucking panicked when I had one day teased Jax about birthdays and he replied that his birthday was actually rather close - it was in two weeks.

There was no way I could plan and throw a surprise party for him on my own, so Ragatha and I recruited the rest of our friends to help with setting up.

Even though we were practically prank enemies Ragatha had once whispered to me that Jax had a soft spot for me.
I didn't believe her, so I had to see for myself whether it was true or not.

Jax popped up unexpectedly everywhere I was, so it was super hard to hide a party setup.

Caine however helped us by constructing a small pocket of space where Jax couldn't see what was happening.
We all took turns to gather the supplies and start unpacking them in Gangle's room as to not raise his suspicion.

It would be fun to ignore him for a while after an epic prank battle between me and him. Alright, I'll admit I acted as a sore loser. This was payback, in a fun sort of way.

Or so I thought.

———

Stealthily creeping closer to the edge of the wall, he watched Ragatha and Y/n scurry out of the dorms corridor. Jax's mouth split into a wide grin.

The unholy rush of prideful adrenaline he had gotten after beating Y/n in their epic prank battle still lingered in his mind. It was funny to see them storm off after the match, he had to admit.

Now he was taking every chance to remind them that he, prankster supreme, was and would always be the best in the arts of mischief.

No matter how hard you try Y/n, I'll always be better than you, Jax thought breezily. No matter how adorable you look storming off.

He crept up behind Ragatha and Y/n, and when they had their backs to him, Jax seized his chance.

He leaped and slammed his gloved hands onto Y/n's shoulders.

"AAAAGH-" Y/n's surprised shriek was accompanied by the sound of his delighted laughs.

Jax let go of their shoulders and winked at Y/n.

"Got you good, hot stuff."

Instead of biting back with a retort, Y/n rolled their eyes and flounced off with Ragatha. Jax, unperturbed, chuckled and called after them.

"Awww, you still being a sore loser?"

    "Go brush your teeth!" Y/n yelled back.

Y/n'll get over it in a few days, it's not worth it having beef with someone you're with for eternity, right?

———

    "Hot stuff, wait up!" Jax ran after Y/n, who was walking into the dorms corridor. They seemed to not hear him. Jax rolled his eyes, letting a little impatience slip through his cheerful facade.

    You're really getting on my nerves Y/n, jeez - it was only a prank war!

Jax caught up to Y/n and even stuck his head into their line of sight, but no response.

    "Hooooot stufffff, helloooo?" He grinned teasingly and waved an arm in front of their face. They flinched but kept walking, ignoring his efforts to make them notice him. Jax stopped arm-waving and dramatically pretended to think, keeping pace with Y/n's strides.

    "Maybe this nickname is getting old. Hot stuff? Nah. Maybe I should call you something else. Something... endearing, perhaps?" Jax waited for a moment to see if this triggered any response in Y/n. Absolutely nothing. He kept going.

    "I'll take that silence as a yes, darling."

Y/n scrunched their face up but said nothing. They were nearing their dorm room - Jax was running out of time.

   "What about doll?"

Silence. Jax ducked into their path, flashing his best trademark smirk.

    "Sweetheart??"

Y/n grimaced and reached their room. They made to walk into their room, and started closing the door.

(Okay here my readers you are ABSOLUTELY SCREAMING BLUSHING INSIDE but you cannot show weakness :D)

    "Can't hide away from me forever, darling. I have my arsenal of pet names and you will not -" Y/n shot him a contempt stare and slammed their door.

An unpleasant, wriggly feeling wormed its way into Jax, complete with sickly pangs of confusion.

He didn't understand. Usually when he and Y/n had a falling out they always reconciled after a few days. It had been almost two weeks.
Almost two weeks of him lightly teasing them and trying to get them to be their normal self again.
He didn't want to admit that he just wanted his best friend back. Was that too hard to ask?

He crushed that thought. With his personality, it was only Y/n who dared stand up to him. That was why he enjoyed their fights and constant trash talk battles. But most of all he always remembered the small sprinkling of sweet moments scattered here and there among the teasing.

He didn't let himself think of those moments until he got Y/n back.

Jax returned to depressed thoughts. When Caine recently awarded them with a digital feast made with all the love Bubble was legally allowed to give, Y/n barely threw an insult his way. Now that he thought about it, everyone had been ghosting him too.

Oh great, was this the ultimate punishment for being an asshole in this place?

Teary heat pricked his eyes, and Jax angrily shook his head. Keep up the facade. That was what he always told himself.

———

Jax heaved himself out of his bed, feeling bedridden to the point of no return. He had spent the whole night basically tormenting himself with his fears.

He had lost track of days. Trying to get Y/n to notice him again had completely taken over his mind.

Ugh, what was wrong with him?

Y/n was just another victim of the circus, just like all the others. And yet, he felt drawn to them the most.

Jax staggered out of his room, seeing Ragatha beginning to walk out of the dorms corridor. She turned his way when she saw him leave his room. A shadow of a sympathetic smile crossed her face and vanished just as quickly. Jax readied himself for whatever Ragatha was going to say.

    "Goodness, you look awful, even though we're in VR."

But Ragatha didn't say anything and strode out of sight.

Okay, that was the final straw.

Jax grimaced and bit back a tear-choked breath as he rushed to Y/n's door, pounding on it with all his might. He was going to break in if he had to.

———

A few minutes ago...

I felt giddy with excitement. The party was all ready and the only thing left was to somehow lead Jax into it. Though ghosting him for the past couple weeks or so may be a bit of a problem to this. But today was his birthday so I was willing to try anything.

I was sure Jax would be a grumpy mess when I knocked on his door, so I steeled my nerves and prepared to go drag this lanky purple asshole to his amazing birthday party that we worked on for weeks.

Oh jeez Jax, forgive me for ghosting you, it was fun while it lasted but I guess we can go back to staging turf wars and teasing the shit out of each other.

I didn't have to go to Jax's room because its owner was already hammering away at my door a few moments after I had that thought.

I opened the door to see Jax in a near breakdown, shaking with nerves, dark pupils wide in guilt and bewilderment. He grabbed my shoulders the moment my door opened and pulled me closer to him.

    "Okay, you have to tell me what the f*bleep* is going on. Will you guys just stop! Just stop ghosting me!" I stared at Jax, mouth hanging open. This was the first time I had heard him swear.

Jax kept ranting.
    "Look, I'll do anything to stop this nonsense. Don't - don't just - don't just leave me on the edge like that."

I covered my mouth, needing time to process what just happened. We ghosted him too much and it was too effective. Oh fuckity fuck. This poor rabbit.

And on his birthday too. We're such idiots.

I placed my hands on Jax's, squeezing them comfortingly. He locked eyes with me, his gaze poignant and unrelenting.

    "Jax, were you so down that you forgot what day it was?" Jax started and broke his gaze off mine.

   "What do you mean?"

Gods, Jax forgot that it was his birthday today. Now I kind of felt bad.

I booped the space between Jax's eyes.

    "Adorable little dipsh*bleep*."

He grabbed that hand and pulled me into a hug. I stiffened, startled at first, but in due time relaxed into the hug.

    "You scared me." Jax whispered.

    "Chill my dude, don't worry about that. Come on, I got something to show you." I pulled out of the hug and towed Jax along with me.

He immediately started complaining, now that I was back on speaking terms with him.

    "It's farrrr, sweetheart, I just want to banter with you in the dorms-"

    "Shut your god dayum mouth," I snapped playfully at him, purposefully enunciating 'damn'  to avoid the censor. It worked.

Jax rolled his eyes in a sassy way and let me pull him along. Before leading him around the corner that turned into the party space, I put my hands over his eyes.

    "No peeking, and if I catch you peeking I will slap you into tomorrow." I made sure he cooperated then led him into the party. Everyone else was there, waiting to pop confetti.

I removed my hands from Jax's face and he got a face full of confetti from six different people. I think that Pomni and Gangle enjoyed that the most because you know why. They got to bully him back for once.

    "Happy birthday, idiot," I cheerfully slapped a party hat onto his head. Jax pulled me close to him and flashed his trademark smirk.

    "You guys ghosted me just for this?"

    "Yes." I said confidently but was shocked into silence when he kissed me on the cheek.

—————

Muhahahaha

~opalico

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 225 25
After putting on a headset you find yourself in a colorful digital circus with no recollection of your name or who you are. After being given a new n...
3K 97 26
"I unbutton her blouse? I actually prefer to rip it, It's alot more efficient" Jay says with a low chuckle as I close the book and put it on the tabl...
80.8K 1.8K 29
You decided to play this weird game on this sketchy website, You had nothing else to do. So, you put on your headset and- AAAAAAAH- [Y/n is they/them...
18.5K 426 7
(I felt the other TADC story is rushed so I made another) Well [*@#$], looks like you've been in the Digital Hell of The Amazing Digital Circus! Are...