Checkmate - THE FINAL LEVEL

By Love_Bri94

Could this be the end of an era? Mya and Chris face turmoil in their marriage for the last time. Will they b... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
🫠
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
TwentyTwo
TwentyThree
TwentyFour
TwentyFive
TwentySix
TwentySeven
TwentyEight
TwentyNine
Thirty
ThirtyOne
ThirtyTwo

TwentyOne

1.8K 138 69
By Love_Bri94

Just a Filler, I wanted to go more in depth with the Jamaica trip but I took too long to update and now I feel like the moment has passed.

Chapter TwentyOne
Mya Anderson

My eyes slowly peeled open and I'm sure I blinked a million times. The sound of a machine made me look up and there was an IV pole. I followed the cord until it got to my hand. "What the fuck?" Slowly, I tried to sit up and my body felt horrible and whatever that I had on my stomach came up and landed on my covers.

Once I finished, I climbed out of bed and attempted to stand up but it was impossible. I couldn't crawl because of the IV so I started banging on the floor, using all the strength that I had.

Eventually the door pushed open and it was damn near everybody.

"Why you on the floor baby? Did you fall?" Chris asked why rushing over to me.

"What is going on? Why do I feel like this?"

"She threw up in the bed, I'll call housekeeping." Sinkos girl said before leaving out.

Mariah and Chris helped me off the floor and walked me over to a chair that was close by. As soon as I sat down, I held my head because it felt like it would fall off of my shoulders. "Can somebody please tell me what I drank last night? I feel terrible."

"You don't remember anything?" Kayla asked.

"Girl no. Did I get crazy?"

"You didn't."

"Okay so what happened?"

Chris inhaled then sat on the arm of the chair. "Connie drugged you Mya. I don't know what she gave you yet but she did and since you were drinking it made the high a lot worse than what it would normally be."

I looked at him as if he was speaking another language because I know he didn't just tell me that this bitch drugged me. "Please stop playing with me right now."

"I'm not."

"Wha— why in hell would she drug me?! This isn't making any sense! Where the fuck is she?!"

"I put her out and called the cops. I don't know if they got her or if she's even still Jamaica." Chris responded.

"She's still here." Serenity said. "They took her for questioning but I believe they let her go."

"Why the fuck did your friend drug me?"

"She said she wanted you to loosen up. When you were at the bar, you seemed uptight. That's what Connie told me."

"Bitch what?! I spoke to that girl for two minutes before she offered me a shot and not once did I come off as stuck up. I knew better than to take a shot from somebody I don't know. This is what I get for being nice to bitches I— you know what, can everybody leave please. This shit is making my head hurt."

Nobody argued, they just turned around and left. Well except for Chris. He grabbed my hand and kissed it while sitting on the arm of the chair. "I'm so sorry about this Mya."

"She could've killed me Chris. Sneaking me drugs because I seemed uptight, really? I was my normal self, I was chilling trying to be nice to this girl."

"Kayla and Mariah took care of her so I'm sure she'll never try that shit again."

"She needs to be in jail."

"Working on that too. I gotta call and see why they decided to let her go."

"I'm really mind blown by this shit."

"Me too and I feel terrible. I'm always fucking up."

I looked up at him confused. "Did you tell her to drug me?"

"Hell nah."

"So why are you blaming yourself? She's stupid and the universe will make sure she gets exactly what she deserves. The fact that she said she did it to get me loosen up kills me because I wasn't even angry nor did I have an attitude. We only even talked for like two seconds. I'll never take a drink from a stranger again."

"You shouldn't have done it in the first place baby." Chris laughed.

"I was trying to be nice. I'm going back to mean Mya the one that used to smack bitches."

"Please don't."

"Well don't bring nobody new around me."

"Got it."

Laying my head in his lap, I closed my eyes. "Just so you know I'll be locked up in this room until the show then after that I'm leaving."

"You can't leave, we got a date."

"You still haven't properly asked me yet."

"Oh you was serious about that?"

"Very serious. Show me something different."

He didn't say anything, just leaned down and kissed my cheek over and over.

After that we talked about random things until they came and cleaned the bed. Once that was done, I ended up going back to sleep because I still felt so drained. When I finally got up, it was dark out but I felt better. I sent a text to Mariah asking if they could have whoever put this IV in to come remove it so that I could take the longest hot shower.

The nurse that they called over came and checked on me really quick to make sure everything was okay. Thankfully, I was all good. Getting up from the bed I went and searched for something comfortable to slip on then took a shower, I made sure to wash my body at least ten times. I felt dirty for some reason. Finally getting out, I combed my hair, did my skincare routine, put on my clothes then went downstairs.

When I walked in where everybody was, they all looked at me with so much pity in their eyes and it made me cringe a little. "I'm okay you guys. You don't have to look at me like I'm a lost puppy or something." I laughed while going to the refrigerator and opening it. I probably stood there for what felt like forever wanting to grab something to drink but the paranoia was real.

"We're just happy you're okay, that's all." Kayla said while hugging me.

"Thanks."

"Oh Chris wants you to meet him by the water."

I nodded and closed the refrigerator, and made my way outside. As I got closer to our private beach, roses covered the sand sporadically until it looked like there was no sand, only red roses.

A huge smile peeled across my face as I spotted Chris with a huge bouquet in his hand. "Hey beautiful."

"Hello." I said as I approached him. "This is so pretty."

"Well my lady said she wanted to be asked out on a date properly and I think this should do the job right?"

"Yes, absolutely."

"So Mya, would you like to go out to dinner with me this weekend."

"I would love to." I held onto his chin with my free hand and kissed him multiple times. "I love you."

"I love you too baby." He kissed me again. "Wanna take a walk?"

"Of course. Let me sit down these heavy ass flowers though." I placed my flowers on one of the chairs then grabbed his hand and we started walking. "It's so peaceful out here. Would you ever move to an island?"

"Absolutely. Anything that gets me away from the craziness that LA brings."

"You know you love LA. I've been saying that it's toxic for years."

"But you stuck around."

"Yes because you were there and it was your home. I didn't want to pull you away."

"If things get back to how they were with us, would you be up to leaving LA?"

"I would, but the real question is would you?"

"I've already been looking."

My eyes grew. "Seriously?"

"Yeah...I love LA but I've outgrown it. I want more peace and quiet. I want a big ass house on acres of land for kids to play on. Some shit that we can pass down."

"So you want to go back to Virginia?"

"It's an option, it doesn't have to be there. I'd stay in Cali as long as I'm further away from the chaos but I don't think that's possible for real."

"I think we should leave Cali for sure if we want something new."

"We? So you're coming with me?"

"I'll go anywhere you go."

He smiled. "I think we should have a moment of transparency right now."

"About?"

"A few things." Chris walked us over to a spot further from the water and sat down. I took a seat next to him. "Did you really want this divorce?"

"No and I thought we already established that. I felt like I had something to prove to the world. I didn't want to be seen as weak. My husband did me dirty but I still love him more than anything. That doesn't sound crazy to you."

"We're human, we're allowed to do crazy things like that."

"And I just never expected you to do what you did. The way you claim you're obsessed with me and all of that but it was so easy for you to betray me. I'm really obsessed with you, so obsessed that nothing another man says or does could move me. To even imagine myself with anyone other than you is stomach turning."

Chris deeply inhaled. "I'll forever kick myself for letting that lady get close to me. I wish I could go back and change it all but I can't."

"And I wish I would've told you about Ro because that's what started all of this."

"Yeah."

"How do you think she's doing mentally. I check on her all the time and she says that she's okay but I'm not sure if I buy it."

"I ask her the same thing and get the same answers. I pray for her sanity. I try not to smother her but I never want to let her out of my sight after what happened? And the fact that LAPD is just not doing shit about this case is killing me."

"I'm sure if she was a white woman it would've been solved the same night it happened but that's another story for another day. When we get home we'll go down to the station."

"For sure. Something gotta happen that stupid ass nigga. I hope that we've done such a good job with Landon that he knows to never harm a woman in any kind of way. I'll never want him to repeat my mistakes."

"He won't Chris." I grabbed his hand. "I think we're doing a good job with our babies. There's still some ways to go but so far they're decent little human beings. A little crazy but cool."

"True."

"And since we're talking about kids, why the hell do you let Landon jump off the balcony into the pool?!"

Chris opened his mouth then closed it then gave me a goofy smile. "It was once baby, relax. I made sure he jumped from the perfect spot. It was pretty cool."

"You and that boy want to give me a heart attack, I'm convinced."

"I thought you agreed to let him live a little."

"I didn't want him to jump off a balcony Chris."

"You're so boring."

"I'll be that if it keeps my son safe."

"Blah, wanna have sex?"

I squinted my eyes at him, then shook my head while getting up. "You're annoying."

"What? Did I say something wrong?"

"You're not touching me until I'm ready for you to do so. I said I was serious about this no sex thing."

"Ugh, alright man damn." He got up too and we headed back to the house.

"Can I tell you something?" I asked before we walked into our backyard.

"Anything."

"I want to address this before it becomes a big issue but me being drugged has me a little paranoid. Like I went to get some water before I came out here and something in my head tells me it's probably not safe. I'm freaking out Chris."

"If I have to bring somebody in here to test everything in this house to make you comfortable I'll do that. I hate that you went through that Mya."

"I just have to fight this because I don't want to end up freaking out about everything, you know."

"You won't, I got you." Chris pulled me into his arms and hugged me tight.

I really hope I don't spiral.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 1.3K 33
The Afton Family! Just the 'perfect' family! Aren't I right? All of them experienced pain, sorrow, confusion. Why? What happened? This is an OLD AU...
24.3K 891 20
After being married for five years, Chris and Briana are at a point in their life where they aren't sure whether they should say together, or get a d...
7.5K 195 26
Brendon and Ryan's relationship becomes strained after Brendon discovers that Ryan is cheating on him. Then, Brendon gets really sick, which could on...
36.3K 2.1K 68
What will Chris do when he finds out he left her for nothing... When he realizes he could have had it all had he not been a coward...