𝑩𝒆𝒂𝒕 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑺𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒕𝒔

By raregens

"Why Malik..?" Asia muttered to herself as the brown-eyed male in front of her, who didn't even bother to mak... More

characters
Beat The Streets
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
Nicole
09
10
11

01

178 23 17
By raregens

Please excuse any errors

Atlanta, Georgia
4:55 PM
Grand Library

"I told you young lady! I want a book that's about some freaky lifestyle not that vanilla shit!"

Asia shook her head and sighed as she listened to the old woman complaints about the book recommendations she's been giving her.

The woman wanted a book about intense romance but Asia kept on trying to explain to the lady that they did not have those kind books here...in the kids section.

"Ma'am, if you want a book that contains a lot of sex, maybe you should try going to the adult romance section, there are a lot of books that will surely satisfy you." She calmly explained to the elderly woman that she wasn't going to find any freaky books in the children's section.

The older woman slowly blinked as she came to realize she wasn't in the proper section.

"Girl if we was in the wrong section you shoulda just told me so!" the woman scoffed as she began to put the 'No David' book back into its original place.

'This bitch...What do you think I've been saying this whole time???' Asia cussed at the woman in her head. Asia was a sweet girl, but she surely didn't have patience with rude old women.

As she guided the woman to the proper section, the woman eventually found a book that was to her liking and checked it out at the front desk. Watching the old woman leave, Asia sighed with relief as the customer who was giving her problems for 15 minutes was now gone.

'I wonder if my shift is almost over..'  Asia wondered to herself as she tapped her phone that was laid down on the desk to check the time.

'4:55.....5 more minutes then I'm free!'

She then started to scroll through her phone, looking at her notifications.

_____________________
My World💞 42 mins ago
Hey baby, sorry but I won't be able to make it to our date tonight something came up at the shop. I'll make it up to you princess I promise ❤️❤️

______________________
3/3 26 mins ago
Jadah poo🫶🏽
Nicole did you steal my lip gloss?

Nicole🤞🏽
Girl no you swear I'm always stealing yo shit

Jadah poo🫶🏽
Cus you is...

_______________________
Shein
It Pays To Check In 💰
Score SHEIN points by simply checking into your account—it's that easy!>
___________________________________

Closing her phone, she sighed at her boyfriend saying that something came up at the shop again.
He recently had been canceling their date nights and Asia was getting suspicious and doubting him at the fact something was 'coming up' for the past few weeks.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breathe, "You know what, let me not stress over it..Jason would never purposely avoid me...or cancel our date nights for that matter." she said to herself, not knowing her co-worker has walked in.

"Hey girll!"

The voice of her co-worker brought her out of her thoughts, as Asia turned to face her with relief written all over her face.

"Kayla! I thought you were going to have me stay here a lil bit longer.. considering you're late to your shifts every other day.." she laughed and muttered that last part to herself.

"Not too much on me now!" Kayla chuckled as she knew Asia thought she was slick whispering under her breath, "Be grateful I decided to come on time today!" she stated as she made her way towards the front desk, flipping her hot pink lace behind her back. "So how's you and your mans? Y'all doing okay?"

The way Asia shook her head Kayla already knew what was up.

"He canceled one of y'all's date nights again?" she guessed as she saw the disappointment and sadness lingering in Asia's eyes.

Before Kayla even got to yapping Asia cut her off with, "It's different this time though. Alex decided to make him clean up the shop as a punishment for being late." she lied as she fiddled with her fingers, a habit she always did whenever she lied about something.

"Whatever you say girl." Kayla sighed as she put her name tag on, "Well since I'm here you can go ahead and leave the library, I know you don't want to be here before another customer walks in. I heard the old lady's complaining all the way from the back!" she cackled, the 'back' referring to the employees room.

Asia chuckled at Kayla and took her name tag off before making sure she had her bag and everything before she left.

Atlanta, Georgia
Chick-fil-a Drive Through
5:23 PM

Sitting in her car, Asia waited in the drive through at Chick-fil-a scrolling through Instagram. When she suddenly had gotten a call from her two best friends, Nicole and Jadah.

Answering the call, the phone automatically connected to the car and Jadah instantly started talking about her little brother Caleb, who had finally had his eyes set on someone but he was too scared to shoot his shot.

"The damn boy talking about, 'What if he not gay? He gon probably wanna fight me or sum?' as if the nigga doesn't have a literal rainbow pop-socket for his phone."

Caleb came out gay to his sister and her two best friends, they are the only people who know about his sexuality. A few months back, Caleb had his eyes on this one boy that went to his school for a while now and decided to make his moves.

The boy was a member of the basketball team and Caleb had a thing for athletes.

One day he decided to compliment him and the boy was very offended. He ended up gathering the whole basketball team to jump Caleb after school, to which he knew about due to his best friend warning him about their plans. To which he got checked out of school early.

Asia and Nicole bursted out in laughter as they heard Jadah mock her little brother.

"Jadah...He probably is just still worried about what happened the last time he complimented a guy..You know he almost got jumped." Asia suggested as drove a little further up, seeing as the line was finally starting to move.

"Yea the lil nigga probably traumatized.." Nicole agreed as she munched on some chips, which were most likely some classic lays considering she always be fucking them up.

Jadah sighed through the phone and said, "I know but he needs to know that people can't read his mind—I want him to not be scared to make the first move, and the nigga has a rainbow pop-socket. What part of that does not scream gay?"

Nicole finished her smacking on them chips and started off with, "Speaking of relationships.." she said referring to Asia, "How you and ugly doing?"

The girls knew something was up when she didn't give a fast response.

"Hold up, can y'all mute y'all selves..? I'm about to order my food." Asia took a breath as she drove up a bit further to finally place an order. "..Sure girl." Jadah hesitated as she wondered and muted herself if Asia was actually about to order food—Nicole doing the same.

"Hi, welcome to Chick-fil-a! What can I get for ya?" the woman's voice beamed through the intercom. Asia did a slow scan of the menu before she started ordering.

"Um...Can I get a Deluxe meal with Colby Jack cheese, a vanilla milkshake, with Polynesian and BBQ sauce?" Asia ordered her food as she played with her long black lace that dropped all the way down to where it reaches her back—right above her butt, and she checked the time on her phone.

'5:24...This is not how I planned my afternoon to go..Me and Jason's date night was in 10 minutes...I would be getting ready for him right now but..somethings up with him and he's not telling me...' she pondered while a frown made its way on to her face, as she heard the woman on the intercom confirm her order.

"$24.17 dollars is your total please pull up to the window." the woman told Asia to pull up to the next window to which she did. "Card or cash?" The female worker asked Asia to which she responded with 'Card'.

She pulled out her debit card from her purse and handed it to the woman.

After the woman swiped her card, she handed the card back to Asia along with the receipt. "You can pull up to the next window." the woman said as she pointed her head to go ahead.

"Okay, thank you." Asia thanked the woman for her service as she drove to the next window to where she received her food.

After getting her food, Asia made sure to check she had everything before she drove to a different parking lot to eat since Chick-fil-a's was packed.

"Y'all can unmute now."

Nicole did a little sigh before asking if Asia's boyfriend decided to cancel one of their date nights again, and Asia's silence answered her question.

"Go ahead and drop his ass!" Jadah hissed through the phone, "He's clearly a ain't-shit nigga."

Asia sighed at Jadah's suggestion. "We've been dating for 2 years I'm sure something is actually going on...I'll ask Alex at the shop just to be sure." she stated as she dipped her fries in Polynesian sauce.

Nicole nodded her head at her solution.
"Yeah..but when though before you see him fucking some other bitch?" Jadah huffed at Asia, Jadah is very protective over her close friends and family and she had been telling Asia to break up with Jason for a while now.

"Jadah calm down..You know how much he means to her." Nicole groaned at Jadah insisting Asia breaks up with him. "Sia girl, I think that's a great idea and we should start with that. Are you going to go to the shop now or tomorrow?"

Asia nodded her head as she opened the box that had her sandwich, "I'm going to go there today, right after I finish my food."

Jadah added, "Yeah make sure you catch that bitchass nigga before he get off his shift, all three of us gon jump him." she said which caused Sia to choke on her sandwich.

"Jadah!"

Nicole cackled and said, "You made the poor girl choke on that sandwich, jus like how I'm finna be choking on that—"

"Okay that's enough!" Asia cut her off before she got to finish her sentence, "I'm eating, please do not ruin my appetite."

Jadah started laughing at the two, "But y'all Imma have to go, my food almost done." she said which caught the two girls attention.

"What food?"

"Nun of yo business girl bye!" Jadah laughed as she hanged up the phone.

"Tch whatever.." Nicole smacked her teeth, "But Sia..Whatever it is going on with him you need to figure it out, because there ain't no way stuff keeps popping up at work. It makes no sense, and Alex never extends the shift of somebody, plus the shop is never that crowded so what could possibly keep popping up?" Nicole seemed puzzled by Jason's actions, and what she said really had Asia thinking.

"What could possibly keep popping up?"

"Thanks Nicole. Matter of  fact, I'm about to head over there right now." Asia declared as she hung up the phone and started her car.

'I'm not taking no more of this nigga bullshit. If he don't want to tell me that's fine, but Imma find out either way.'

Atlanta, Georgia
RSL Automotive Creations
6:45 PM

"Aye Alex!" one of the employees called out to the 6'2 hispanic male, who was busy using a jack to raise a truck that one of his customers brought in.

"¿Y ahora qué Reece?" he sighed as he got from underneath the car and grabbed a towel to wipe the sweat off his forehead.
Translation: What now Reece?

The 6'2 male had a nice fade with a bit of curls forming at the top, he had smooth olive colored skin with tats on his left arm making its way up to his bicep, and one tattoo on his right shoulder. His pink plump lips were looking very nice as he had a little mustache and some chin hair.

"One of your little girlfriends is here to see you~" the employee dragged out. The male stood at 6'0 and was dark skin with a nice taper fade and full lips which were complimented with a bit of facial hair on his upper lip and chin.

'He must be talking about Sia.' Alex sighed to himself as he made his way to the front of shop, to see Asia sitting in the waiting room with a Chick-fil-a bag. "Aww did you bring me food?" he cooed towards Asia as he made his way towards her, holding his hand out to do their handshake.

She smacked her teeth at him and held her hand out and did their little handshake."No dummy this is mine, I just wanted to stop by to see how your shop was going." she laughed as she saw the frown appear on his face.

"And here I thought you cared about me.." he whined, "But the shop is going good. I'm actually helping a customer out right now, apparently something strange is going on underneath his car so I'm checking it out." he beamed as he smiled with his pearly whites and diamond grills on his canines, and his one dimple on his left cheek.

Asia smiled at him, she was so happy about how far along he came with his own car shop. "Your lil friend is weird..." she chuckled lowly causing him to tilt his head at her.

"Weird how?"

She shook her head at him and talked about her strange encounter with his employee.

"He's very...flirtatious. If I was a customer that would be very inappropriate." Asia rolled her eyes at his behavior and Alex shook his head at his employee.

"Thank you for letting me know. Me ocuparé de su trasero más tarde..." he groaned and said that last part to himself.
Translation: I'll deal with his ass later.

"So how's you and Jason?" he began, trying to change the subject about his employee, "I know y'all anniversary is coming up." he finished to which Asia slowly looked down in sadness, which caused him to get a little worried.

Alexander and Asia had known each other for 6 years, they had formed this brother and sister bond and to see his sister sad because of some boy really pissed him off, especially because he employs him.

"What he acting up or something?" Alex wondered as he tried to figure out what Sia was thinking based on her expression. She sighed, "That's exactly what I came to talk to you about.." she stated as she sat down in the chair and began to finger-comb her hair, another habit she did whenever she was anxious about something.

"What is it ma? Talk to me."

Taking a sip of her vanilla milkshake she began to tell Alexander about how Jason has been canceling every one of their dates nights for the past few weeks because something kept on 'popping up' at the shop.

"So I just came to check to see if there was anything  going on..or if you can confirm this.." she muttered as she looked off to the side taking another sip of her milkshake.

Alex shook his head and ran his hands down his face, "Sorry to tell you amor but he left the shop two hours ago..I'm not sure where he went but nothing has been happening at the shop to make him work overtime."

Hearing those words, her heart began to ache as she thought of all the possibilities on why Jason might be canceling everything. She clenched onto the cup to which Alexander noticed which made him rub small circles on her back.

"Don't worry ma. If you find out something tell me, I won't hesitate to make that bitch regret whatever it is he's doing. And when I see him I'll be sure to question him, I promise." his deep voice and accent soothed Asia and helped her calm down.

"Okay.." she took a deep breath, "I'll let you know if I find anything." she said as she stood up and grabbed her bag, making sure to give Alexander a hug before she left.

"I love you sis, be safe." he called out to her as he watched her leave.

"I love you too."

.......

As she made her way to her car, she felt the tears began to swell up in her eyes. The stinging sensation behind her nose began to burn as she felt her break-down coming to.

'No!' she thought to herself as she wiped her tears before they even gotten a chance to fall. 'I'm not letting no bitch ass nigga walk all over me! And I'm definitely not going cry over him, I'm never gonna cry over no man!' she consoled herself as she began to start her car.

She started to call the group chat with Nicole, Jadah, and her to tell her about what she found out about Jason.

He's a 'ain't shit' nigga just like Jadah said.

After the third ring, Nicole finally picked up the phone. "Wassup girl! Did you find anything out about Jason?" she asked Asia as she opened another bag of lays. To which Asia replied with, "Yeah I found something about that bitch ass nigga."

Nicole was stunned about Asia's response. Sia never really swore expect for when she was really pissed.

"So what happened?"

After explaining to Nicole what Alexander told her about Jason, about him leaving work and nothing crazy has been going on at the shop to make him work overtime.

"Do you think he's been meeting up with some girl? Or he probably could be planning something since your guys anniversary is coming up?" Nicole thought out loud and she awaited Asia's response.

Sighing as she finished the last bit of her milkshake, "I honestly don't know.." she truly didn't know what to do, or what Jason could be up to. Asia trusted Jason, but ever since he cheated on her for the first time by 'accident', she's had issues on trusting him.

Jadah finally joined the call and beamed through the phone. "Hey y'all what's tea? Did you find any dirt on Lamar's ugly ass?" she stated using his middle name.

Nicole helped Jadah catch up with what was going on.

"Oh yea we jumpin' his ass!" she fumed as you could hear her keys start to jingle signaling she was getting ready to go find his location. "Jadah calm down I have a plan!" Nicole announced as she caught the attention of the two girls, and Jadah halted in her movements.

"What is it?"

"How about we head to the club at East Atlanta? It's not so far and it may help take your mind off of things Sia." she suggested, "Plus we haven't had a girls night in what seemed like years!" she added.
Jadah nodded her head in agreement, "Yeah that would be fun, and I heard the place is pretty popular too. What do you say Sia? You up for it?"

Asia sighed as she thought about her friend's suggestion. It wouldn't hurt to have one night out, especially after all this stressing over Jason.

"Alright fine.." Asia groaned with a smile creeping up on her face showcasing her deep dimples, hearing the girls cheer for her giving in to finally go out and have a girls night. "I'll be home in 17 minutes are we driving there separately or as a group?" she asked the two girls how they were going get to the club.

"Let's go there as a group!" Nicole declared, "Jadah I'll come pick you up in 20 minutes and we can go to Asia's house together." she said which caused Jadah to nod her head in agreement.

"Sounds good to me."

"Alright ladies I'll see you in a few." Asia chuckled as she hanged up the phone, glad she'll finally be able to take her mind of him.

How do y'all feel about Jason?
Nicole?
Jadah?
Asia?
Alexander?
Be sure to vote and comment!

3439 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 4.7K 20
I limped towards the kitchen after sending him an email, that I'm on leave today. I couldn't even able to walk properly as I was feeling sore down th...
32.8K 1K 26
Aaliyah's been having a hard time after graduating college. She's been living with her mom for a year now and it's been hell. Her mom hates her and t...
1.3M 26.3K 99
Lia I'm a sucker for romance, especially romance in novels because let's be honest, love like that doesn't exist in reality. Yet, he makes me feel a...
75.5K 2.9K 82
He straightens his posture, his tone is even, voice calm and his eyes soften. "If," he raises a finger at me, slows his speech slightly and enunciate...