Young Avengers : Assembled

By fanfiction357y

"The two individuals are engaging in hand-to-hand combat. The green one has just been thrown on the sidewalk... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 : Billy Kaplan
Chapter 2: Kate Bishop
Chapter 3: America Chavez
Chapter 4: Teddy Altman
Chapter 5: Cassie Lang
Chapter 6: Elijah Bradley
Chapter 7: Nathaniel Richards
Chapter 8: America Chavez
Chapter 9: Hawkeye
Chapter 10: Patriot
Chapter 11: Hulkling
Chapter 12 : Stature
Chapter 13: Iron Lad
Chapter 14 : Asguardian
Chapter 15: Patriot
Chapter 16: Hulkling
Chapter 17: Stature
Chapter 18: Kate Bishop

Chapter 19: Billy

8 1 0
By fanfiction357y

Billy was hidden behind a billboard waiting for Kate's instructions. He took a quick glance and saw that the robot had just landed in front of Iron Lad's empty suit. Billy felt his heart beating faster and looked at Teddy who was standing next to him. Billy started breathing abnormally and freaking out. He felt a hand grabbing his, so he looked up. Teddy put his other hand on Billy's shoulder. Something in his eyes was reassuring. Billy now felt calm and relaxed. He knew that he was not going to fight alone.
"He's 3 meters away" Cassie said, "2 now"
Teddy let go of his hand.
"You can do this." He whispered
"Billy, GO!" Kate shouted at him.

Billy walked away from his hiding spot and held out his hands. He closed his eyes to concentrate and pictured as round shape in his head. He then opened them back up. A blue sphere was appearing quickly around the robot, just as he had intended. He saw Teddy running towards the robot and then glanced back at the robot who shot an energy blast that destroyed Billy's prison.
Kate screamed "Hulkling STOP." But the robot hat shot a second blast that sent Teddy flying through the air.
Billy held out his hands and created a shield around Teddy which slowed him down. Billy kept going and even managed to freeze him completely. He then lowered his arms slowly to gently put him on the ground.
"Thanks, you just saved my life." Teddy said.
"Oh, don't worry, it's normal to help each other out, as teammates."
"Teammates right." Teddy said. "You know I was wondering, ..." He looked to his left and stopped. "Look out!" he suddenly screamed while pushing Billy out of the way.

The grey monster they had fought a few days ago had just charged at him.
Teddy had saved Billy but in doing so he had been thrown away by the monster.
Thankfully, Teddy got up again pretty quickly. "I guess it's round two" he said.
"You're even fewer than last time. But don't worry, I'll go easy on you." The monster told them.
He then started running towards Teddy again, preparing to launch a punch. Billy created a blue energy wall in front of him, but the monster destroyed it by ramming his shoulder into it. He continued running and was getting closer to Teddy. The monster suddenly jumped very high. Billy looked up and realized it was about to crash into Teddy. He concentrated to create a shield around his friend. He knew it wouldn't stop their enemy so he imagined the shield was made of actual steel. He pictured Elijah's shield, could feel its texture and strength.
The monster then crashed to the ground, punching Teddy's spot. But Billy's shield stayed intact.
"How is this possible?" The monster screamed.
Billy quickly transformed the shield into a pair of handcuffs that he used to attach his arms behind his back. With a downward hand gesture, he made him collapse to the ground.

Teddy had gotten up. "You're really saving my ass today, thanks."
"You brats won't defeat me this easily" the monster shouted angrily.
Billy looked at him and noticed some veins popping on his arms.
"Do you think he can escape your cuffs?" Teddy asked.
"I mean, you saw how strong he is. It's definitely possible."
Billy held out his hand and concentrated on keeping the monster bound.
"Could you try knocking him out?" Billy asked.
"Yeah sure..." Teddy responded hesitantly.
He approached the monster, prepared his fist and punched it in the face.
"HAHA! You thought this weak punch would knock me out? I barely felt a tingle on my cheek." The monster gloated.
"I feel him pushing against his cuffs. I won't be able to hold him off for a long time."
"I'm sorry Billy, I don't think I'm strong enough to defeat him."

"No, you're not" Billy felt the monster break from his control. "Although your friend's not too bad. I have to admit it was hard to escape his grip. Now, where were we? Oh right." The monster stared at Billy started walking towards him. Each time he took a step, the ground vibrated. Suddenly, Teddy intervened and started punching the monster repeatedly all over his body. The monster didn't react at first, but then he punched Teddy in the face sending him flying across the air.

The monster refocused on Billy, so the latter held out his arms and started shooting some energy blasts at him. However, his body seemed to suffer no damage.
"How can you do that?" He asked in a panicked voice.
"You know, since you're about to die, I might as well tell you. My body can absorb any form of energy and can transform it into fuel that gives me more and more strength. So, thanks for the power up."
Billy knew he was screwed. His powers were not suited to fight this guy.
He then remembered: "What about Iron Lad's blast. That defeated you before."
"Right, I don't know how he was able to do that but I guess if someone is able to defeat me, it has to be me."
"What? You're his variant?"
"Well done, you're not completely stupid."

The monster suddenly jumped towards Billy and tackled him to the ground. It tried punching Billy's face but he was able to create a tiny blue shield to protect himself. Then Billy shot energy out of his hand that sent his body away from the monster. He quickly got up and dodged a punch. The monster launched another one but Billy avoided it once more by blasting himself away.
Suddenly, he heard Kate ask "Guys, we need help, where are you?"
He couldn't answer right away as the monster attacked again throwing punches. Billy dodged almost all of them except for the last one which sent him flying. Instinctually he created an energy helmet that protected his head as he crashed on the ground.
"Guys, if you can hear me, please answer" he heard Kate plead.
Billy got up and answered her "We're fighting that grey monster. I'm sorry you're on your own for now."
"Grey monster? The least you could do is to show some respect. The name's Mister Hyde. Now, back to the fight."

Once more, he started running. He was really fast which surprised Billy. Mr Hyde tried punching Billy who barely dodged it. He could feel his muscles moving slower than before most likely due to the fall. He could not keep on going much longer.
With his last bit of strength, he blasted himself away one last time, flew over Mr Hyde's body and landed next to Teddy.
"Teddy, Wake up! I need your help, please."
But Teddy was unconscious. He could not help Billy.
The monster turned around and walked towards Billy.
"At least, now you won't die alone." He said while getting ready to punch him. Billy had no strength left, so he closed his eyes, took Teddy's hand in his and prepared himself.

He suddenly heard a big clashing sound of metal.
He opened his eyes back up and saw Elijah standing in front of them, protecting them with his shield.
Elijah then pushed the monster away and started to hit him with his shield, moving all around him very fast. Once the monster had stepped back, Elijah threw his shield in his stomach and it returned in his hands just like a frisbee.
"What's happening" Billy heard Teddy groan
"Oh, thank god you're awake."
"Yeah, but what's Elijah doing here?'
"I don't know but he just saved our asses."

Billy looked up and saw that Elijah was still fighting the monster, holding his own pretty well.
"I don't know how we can defeat him. He can absorb our blows." Billy pointed out.
"What do you mean?" Teddy asked
"Somehow, he can absorb whichever form of energy and use it to become stronger. He did with my powers. Oh, except when I created blades."
"Or when you handcuffed him. He didn't absorb that.
"Right, so maybe he can't absorb anything solid. But he's also very resilient. Your punches had no effect on him."

"Guys, I could use your help." They heard Elijah say. He had been thrown to the ground and the monster was ready to punch him. Billy also noticed he had lost its shield and saw it was a few meters from him. Quickly, Billy held out his hand concentrated on surrounding the handle of the shield with his energy and sent it back to Patriot who grabbed it and was able to protect himself from the punch.
"Teddy, can you fight?"
"I don't really have a choice." he said while he ran towards Mr Hyde, turning green. Teddy punched the back of the monster's face just as it was about to blow another punch at Patriot.
The monster turned back, and tried punching Teddy who avoided it. Behind him, Patriot had gotten up and hit the monster with his shield.

While his two friends were fighting their enemy, Billy's powers were slowly building back up.
Billy noticed how well Hulkling and Patriot were working together. They were coordinated and defended each other from Mr Hydes's attack. Suddenly, Hulkling made a sign at Patriot; he jumped towards him, kicked his shield with his right foot and then kicked Mr Hyde's face. Billy saw the monster being stunned so, he prepared himself. He closed his eyes and concentrated intensely.

He could sense some energy in the distance, in fact he could weirdly distinguish three auras around him. The first one was calm, peaceful, soothing while the second one conveyed anxiety, fear and a touch of anger. Yet Billy knew that this was a kind soul. He then focused on the last one. He felt a sudden rash of aggression emanating from it, mixed with arrogance. He tried accessing it but he felt some resistance coming from it. Billy put all of his determination into it and was able to gain access to the mind belonging to this last soul. Billy saw a lot of memories flashing by. One image in particular had peaked his interest so he focused on it.

He was standing in a lab right next to a man in a white coat.
"Richards, you need to stop this. This is madness." Billy heard another scientist say.
"Look, this is my lifework, I can't just give it up."
Well, I can't do this anymore. I'm leaving. You're alone on this Nate."

The memory faded away but was quickly replaced by another one, a few months after the first one. Richards was alone in his lab. He now had a beard and was holding a test tube in his hand, filled with a black liquid.
"I did it. I synthesized it." He heard Richards say in an emotionless tone.
"But, what for? I don't have time to test it." The scientist clicked on a button and a screen appeared with an eviction notice on it.
"Tomorrow, my life's work ends. And all of this will have been for nothing." Billy saw a look of realization appear on Richards' face
"Unless, ... I could test it on me. No, I shouldn't do it. It's not safe, it hasn't been tested at all. But who cares. What do I have to lose?"
Richards raised the test tube to his lips and without a doubt, he drank the black liquid.
"AHHHHHHHHHHHH!" He screamed in a gut-wrenching sound. His whole body started transforming, getting bigger and bigger. His skin became grey and his clothes were ripped off.

Billy stopped his memory at this instant and reversed it back to the moment where Richards held the test tube to his lips.
"I can't do this." The scientist put down the tube on his desk and left his lab.
Billy left his mind and opened his eyes back up.

Elijah and Teddy were standing in front of him, looking at him with worried eyes.
Mr Hyde was standing frozen.
"What am I doing here? I just left my lab; how did I end up here?"
"What did you do Billy?" Teddy asked
"I think I just mind controlled him."
"You can do that?" Elijah said in a surprised tone.
"I guess so. He now thinks that he has never transformed into a monster."
"Wow that's so cool!" Teddy reacted.
"I know right. Oh shit" Billy realized "Kate needs our help."
"Ok, you guys go and I'll stay with this one" Patriot offered.
"You're sure?" Billy asked.
"Yeah, I got this one"
"Okay, thanks!" Billy tapped on his comms and spoke "Kate we're coming!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 3.9K 188
*** I want to thank everyone that has taken the time to read my book, I can not believe it has over 50k views! I appreciate you all so much 💙 Spenc...
44.8K 1.8K 83
Naturally, you were one of the toughest and most skilled soldiers in the world, but being tossed into a world where the entire universe depends on yo...
61.5K 2.8K 60
AGE OF DARKNESS Book Two Sequel To Age of Glory · ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ · Tony Stark sighs. "You're not going with me on this, are you, Cap?" Steve Rogers si...
337K 8.1K 96
"All my life I've been called a monster. But when I met you, you showed me otherwise." Iron man 2-Avengers: Endgame I DO NOT OWN ANY MARVEL CHARACT...