š—Ŗš—¢š—„š—ž š—¢š—™ š—”š—„š—§ luwei ch...

By ravvissante

āŒ—-A young painter left her country to go to another with her cousin, they thought it was gonna be a dream to... More

Diclaimer;
Prologue;
one; | to china.
A/N
three; | sudden fight.
four; | first day of school.
five; | tippy toes.
six; | mr. han.
seven; | meiying.
eight; | kung fu.
nine; the forbidden city.
ten; | lost and caught.
eleven; | guiding.
twelve; | unwanted feelings.
thirteen; | new..friend?
A/N
fourteen | training.

two; | the park.

694 19 0
By ravvissante

(Y/N) POV

DRE PICKED UP the remote as I sat down, he turn on the TV which revealed a show of Spongebob, he smiled at me then sat down.

But our smile faded as the main character on the show, which is Spongebob, spoke Chinese.

Of course we're in China, everything is chinese..

Dre quickly turned off the TV in disappointment.

"What? Dont you want to watch chinese Spongebob?" I jokingly said.

"As if we can understand it." He replied, as Aunt Sherry entered the room, holding a paper.

"What's that Sher?" My mom asked, walking towards my aunt to see.

"Now.. This is perfect guys." Aunt Sherry said eyes reading each word on the paper.

"Oh, every thing we need is in a walking distance!" My mom said cheerfully clapping her hands, walking towards the couch and sitting down.

"Oh and we could have lunch in the kids school if you guys want to" Aunt Sherry stated.

"Negative, not a chance." Dre said, with a blank face.

"We're fine here aunt.." I said giving her a smile.

"Well.. If that's what you guys want.." Aunt Sherry said,before her gaze fell to a jacket laying on the ground.

"Uh-uh, we are not doing this is china." She said walking towards Dre.

"Dre pick up your jacket" She added, making me shook my head in Dre's stubbornness.

"Mom I'm tired.. I have airplane lag."
Dre replied back.

I just stood up and went to pick up the jacket, but before I could aunt Sherry spoke.

"Oh no sweetie leave it there, it's fine.. You don't have to." Aunt Sherry said.

She picked it up as she chuckled to herself.

"Airplane.." She mumbled, hanging the jacket.

"It's jet lag.." She said walking towards us.

"Keep quiet ok? (Y/n)'s mom is already sleeping.. She will start work tomorrow." She said as she leaned and place her hands on both of our shoulders.

"I know you guys are tired.. But we can't go to sleep, just then we will be up at 2 am, you guys have school tomorrow.." She said caressing Dre's cheek and patting my head.

"Then auntie, why is my mom sleeping when she also has work tomorrow, she will be up at 2 am too." I said in confusion.

"Let's not bother your mom sweetie.. She's tired, she will be at work all day.. Let's let her sleep." She said before walking away.

Me and Dre shared a look before going outside the apartment, he carried the last luggage before placing it inside.

The kids shouting got my attention, I walked towards Dre and took a peek at the park, seeing some people there having fun.

"Dre! Can you and (y/n) please find the maintenance man? I have to shower and they warm water is not working." We got startled by aunt Sherry's shout.

'Wasn't she the one who said to be quiet since my mom is sleeping? Oh typical aunt Sherry.."

"Yes!" Dre said before giving me a 'come on' look.

I nodded before following him,

We arrived at the entrance of the building and I let Dre ask the man.

When they were done, he grab my hand and came running to where the destination is.

"No need to rush dre!" I shouted, as I just followed him.

"Just.... Eh just!" He scoffed, still running until we finally reached Mr hans house.

We went to the front door and saw a guy back-facing us while eating some noodles.

"Mr han?" Dre said, knocking slightly on the wood door.

"We just moved in.. 305,the hot water is not working." He added, but received nothing.

We shared a look.

"Maybe he doesn't understand what you're saying?" I said, I remembered some chinese language, that aunt Sherry taught me as I spoke.

"We.. We just move in, hot water.. Hot water, not work.." I spoke in a broke accent, not even sure if I said it right, Dre looked at me and give me a thumbs up.

It seems that it didn't bothered the guy, still slurping on his noodles.

"Or we could just come back.. Another time, or you could just tell me how to do it, so I can get out of your hair." Dre said scratching his neck.

Then, Mr hans eye saw a fly roaming on the air, seems like he was startled by the fly, his eyes followed the fly, and again, Dre and I shared a look.

And BAAM, the fly was slapped by
A fly swatter,

"Did he really just-"

"He just did.."

Dre's sentence was cut off by me.

We watched as Mr han picked up the fly using his chopsticks and threw it away before going back and finishing his meal.

"We could always come back if this is a bad time.." Dre said.

"Let's just go.." I said.

Before with could leave, a elder woman came in a rush saying some things in chinese while holding a fan,
Except for the woman, Mr. Han looked at us slowly.

I sent him a slight smile before walking away with Dre.

"Well that was a thing." Dre said,

I chuckled then some teen boys came running while holding a basketball.

"Oh,by the way do you wanna go to the park? Harry is expecting us there." I said brushing my hand through my hair.

"Sure."

• • •

The both of us walked inside the park, seeing some elders exercising, some kids playing and more.

I notice that Dre's gaze had fallen to a young girl playing a violin while sitting on a bench.

I gave him a teasingly look before nudging him to his side.

"Oooo someone has a crushhh.." I teased him, for a second I swear I saw his ears turned red before glaring at me. "Oh please, shut up.." He said.

Suddenly a blonde haired guy approached us, Harry.
"Hey guys you've made it, Welcome" Harry said before passing the ball to Dre.

"One of you play?" Harry said, I shook my head while Dre respond with a 'yeah' walking towards Harry, both of them approaching a group, ready to play basketball.

I looked in my surroundings, oh what should I do.. Oh wait! I brought my sketch book!

I quickly took it out my sling bag, but I don't know where to sit, I remembered the violinist girl.

I walked towards her, she noticed me and smiled.

I was about to speak in English when I remembered, right.. Chinese.

"Uhmm.. H-hi, I'm (Y/n) can sit here?" I said stuttering again, nervously.

She chuckled, making my face in a shade of red, of I am so embarrassed, I don't even know if she understood me.

"Your voice is very adorable."

Oh.

"Oh.. So you speak English.. " I said in relief.

"Yes.. Nice to meet you (Y/n), I am Meiying, and yes you can sit here. " she said, moving some of her things as I sat besides her.

It seems that she saw my sketches and small paintings on the sketch book as she gasped.

"Wow.. Did you do that?" She asked, smiling at me.

"O-oh yeah.. Just a quick sketches.. And paintings.." I said awkwardly laughing.

"Well it's very beautiful." She said, that made me feel good, some small things that was complimented by another.

"Thank you.." I said as she nodded, her gaze left me when it fell to my cousin playing basketball.

"Oh..you like him?" I said sarcastically but jokingly too.

"What-no!.. Is he your boyfriend?" She said which made me giggle.

"No, he is my cousin." I said, she nodded her head and gave an embarrassing chuckle.

"Haha.. I'm sorry I misunderstood." She said which I just nodded.

"Oh wait.. I'm gonna go buy some drinks ok?" I said as I got up,she nodded.

"Oh btw Meiying can you look after my sketch pad for a second?" I asked, she smiled.

"Sure but may I ask permission to see some sketches?" She said, I found it adorable as I nodded.

I left and started to find some stores.

Maybe.. Things aren't so bad at all.

Or maybe I'm wrong.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

251K 5.5K 40
Request is close . Rank #1 魔道ē„–åøˆ Rank #3 thegrandmasterofdemoniccultivation Rank #9 request Rank#20 theuntamed Rank #12 mdzs
29.1K 1.4K 28
A story of time, distance and patience. It wasn't love at first sight. It was gradual, slow and building. It first started with a little curiosity. I...
267K 13.4K 80
Wei Ying felt too suffocated because of Lan Qiren's pressure. He wants Lan Zhan to get married to another to have an heir, same as for Lan Xichen. We...
57.3K 3.7K 38
This story is similar to my other story "The Ties That Bind" It is similar but not the same. When Wei Ying was founded by Jiang Fengmian, he picked...