Intertwined

By SiriuslySoha

Sneha is doing arrange marriage with Kabir, the elder son of Chauhans, but something about Mahir, the mysteri... More

Character Sketch
Chapter 1 : The Kashyaps & The Chauhans
Chapter 2 : Meet (not so) Cute
Chapter 3 : Curiosity Killed The Cat
Chapter 4 : The Unmistakable Pull
Chapter 5 : The Growing Tension
Chapter 6 : Hostage Of Those Eyes
Chapter 7 : The Touch That Melts
Chapter 8 : Why ?
Chapter 9 : You Won't Understand
Chapter 10 : I Don't Believe You
Chapter 11 : Toe-curling
Chapter 12 : The Silent Banter and Ready To Be Ruined
Chapter 13 : Who Is She ?
Chapter 14 : Jealousy Jealousy
Chapter 15 : You Wouldn't Want To Know
Chapter 17 : Just A Moment Of Passion (?)
Chapter 18 : Perfect Partners
Chapter 19 : Tug Of War
Chapter 20 : The Time For Talk Has Passed
Chapter 21 : After All This Time ? - I
Chapter 22 : After All This Time ? - II
Chapter 23 : Always
Chapter 24 : Mahir's Sneha
Author's Offer
Chapter 25 : Your Highness
Chapter 26 : His Definition Of Love
Chapter 27 : Let's Get Married
Chapter 28 : Memorable Measurements
Chapter 29 : A Vision So Beautiful
New Story Announcement

Chapter 16 : The Possession Over Each Other

1.7K 146 117
By SiriuslySoha

The feast was a grand affair that night. Four rectangular dining tables were joined to make a long one where the entire family along with close relatives present could fit in. Sneha didn't hesitate to slip in the chair right beside Mahir even in the presence of everyone. Raniya tried to take on Mahir's other side but Kabir sat there and Sneha couldn't be happier.

“I guess, I'm between you guys.” - Mahir said to Kabir in a quiet voice and tried to get up but Sneha placed her hand over his under the table. Her fingers sliding along his wrist upto his finger and locked tightly.

“Oh no, you are not. We are seated perfectly.” - Kabir said calmly with a smile that made Mahir frown.

The elders were at the farther end of the table, giving the youngsters space to bond and enjoy. So on Sneha's right, was Shreya, Disha, Taniya, Drish. On Kabir's end, the table was ending so opposite him were Rithik, Divya, and ironically, it was Raniya who was exact opposite Sneha. And the later didn't like the former's eyes on Mahir.

“So... what do you do Raniya ?” - Sneha's question not only startled Raniya, but the cousins around her as well. “Shreya introduced us the other day but we didn't get the time to bond.” - Sneha said smoothly, unfazed by everyone's surprising gaze.

She could feel Mahir's eyes on her but she kept her gaze on Raniya, smiling radiantly as she awaited a response.

“I have just completed my degree in photography. And I plan to persue a career in the same.” - Raniya replied, a touch of arrogance in her tone and attitude as she flipped her hair back. “What have you done ?”

Did Raniya sound haughty ? Absolutely. And Sneha was having a lot of fun.

“Masters of Botany, Pune University. I was the valedictorian last year.” - she told calmly while her thumb sensually rubbed Mahir's hand and mightily enjoyed the colour draining from Raniya's face. What did she think ? Nobody else studied in the world beside her ?

“Wow Bhabhi! I didn't know that!” - Disha exclaimed in awe.

“So what are your plans ahead ?” - Kabir directed his question to Raniya, continuing the conversation.

“Mum's planning on getting her married but she is being stubborn.” - it was her sister Taniya who answered with a roll of her eyes.

“Why ? Fancy someone ?” - Shreya teased, earning chuckles around the table.

Sneha didn't miss the way Raniya's eyes settled on Mahir once again who was calmly continuing his meal with the left hand. Thank goodness he was a lefty...

“She must.” - Sneha said, making Raniya go wide eyed. “I mean, it's become a tradition nowadays. Liking someone and hiding. No Mahir ?” - she turned to him, making him look at her.

Everybody around her went quiet. Mahir squeezed her hand, silently asking ‘what are you doing ?’ And she squeezed in return, with a caress of her thumb. ‘Telling them you are mine without saying it.’

“Mahir ?” - it was Shreya who broke the silence, raising a brow teasingly.

Sneha's eyes gleamed mischievously. “Well yes, he has a girlfriend but hasn't told anyone.”

Mahir's eyebrows shot upto his hairline. So did everyone's at the table, except for Kabir who was smiling into the glass while sipping juice.

“He has ?” - several people asked at once but Sneha enjoyed Raniya's the most. Disappointment was written over the arrogant girl's face.

“Mmhmm.” - Sneha nodded, taking a sip from the strawberry juice. If she mistakenly picked Mahir's glass while talking, she was unaware. “But that's not the point at the moment. I was saying that if one likes someone, he/she should tell their family.” - she smoothly turned the focus back on Raniya while making her point which was...

Mahir. Was. Unavailable.

~

After the dinner, sweets were distributed and gifts were exchanged. Being the would-be daughter-in-law, Sneha received a pile of gifts from everyone — everyone but Mahir. She knew he intentionally didn't gift her anything and was trying to maintain a distance but she wouldn't let him succeed.

The entire family performed a soft dance in a circle as well, praying for everyone's wellbeing and happiness. But the problem came when after that, Kaya grabbed everyone's attention.

“It's Diwali today and my heart is so full having my loved ones near and happy. But Diwali is special for us due to another reason.” - Kaya's eyes settled on Sneha. “Ten years ago, it was Diwali itself when Kabir and Sneha's alliance was fixed.” A loud applause rang in the hall.

Sneha mentally groaned. The day she didn't want to remember or talk about. If only she had fallen in love with Mahir back then, things might have been a lot different and easier now.

“Kabir Bhai and Bhabhi, one couple dance is a must on this occasion!” - Disha demanded and a chorus of cheers rang from everyone.

Sneha caught Kabir's eyes. Hesitancy was evident on his face and she herself was storming her brain to find a way out. Her eyes roamed around her in search of Mahir but he was nowhere to be seen.

“Arreyy... check the shyness of the couple!” - Divya teased, placing her hands at her waist. “Tomorrow, the choreographer is coming as dance practice is starting. What will you guys do then ?”

Everybody laughed. Sneha didn't know what will she do but she did know what will Mahir do. Regardless of his denial of his own feelings and unacceptance of hers, the possession his eyes held over her, the intensity with which he looked at her, it was clear he will not tolerate anyone else touching her. She just knew it and admittedly loved that possession of his.

Suddenly, the power went out. Groans echoed around Sneha in the dark. The diyas did create a soft glow but it only showed silhouettes of everyone.

“Ravi! Kashi! Check what's happened!” - Mahesh shouted in the dark.

Sneha startled as fingers sensually curled around her waist. She would have panicked but the familiarity of the touch and that intoxicating fragrance oozing off from behind her didn't let her. His noze nuzzled into her hair and sniffed deeply, as if, getting high on a drug.

“The wires are somehow damaged Sir. The generator's, solar wires all are badly cut in the main board. I think it the work of the mice because it's in the storage room. An electrician is needed to be called.” - Ravi informed apologetically.

Sneha knew it was Mahir's doing. She knew it. He wouldn't let Kabir or anyone place their hands at her waist the way his was at the moment. Her breathing hitched when his nose travelled down her nape. God, only Mahir could romance while standing among the family. She felt so nervous and thrilled that it was just the dark providing cover for them.

“Sneha beta, you go and rest. You were already tired from the lake mishap.” - Kaya's voice came from somewhere in the dark.

Mahir's feet already started moving, forcing her to walk forward as well while placing baby kisses on her exposed skin. She had never felt so greatful for a backless dress before.

“O-okay.” - she replied loudly to Kaya, hopefully in a steady voice. “Night everybody.”

Mahir had already made them reach the staircase. “Let me drop you to your room.” - he whispered in her ear in a voice so low and husky, the sensations awoke within her. Her knees turned jelly and he picked her up in his arms at the right moment. She bit her lip to prevent the gasp of surprise from escaping.

He carried her to fourth floor — she had chosen a room on the same floor as his — and placed her down right outside her room door. Her feet had barely touched the floor when he pushed her against the door and attached his mouth to her neck.

“Goodness gracious Mahir...” - she gasped loudly, her head tilting back and eyes closing shut in pleasure.

He sucked every inch of her exposed neck. From jawline to her collarbone, he was dropping wet kisses. She moaned as the thought of getting hickeys crossed her mind. Faintly, her fuzzy mind registered footsteps climbing staircase. She blindly searched behind her for the doorknob and on finding, twisted it impatiently. The door opened and he walked her back to enter before closing the door shut with his foot.

She was pressed to the wall again but this time, her back facing him as he roughly held both her hands at the small of her waist. His teeth scrapped against the tassel of her blouse, tugging the knot open then bit the newly exposed skin.

“Mahir...” - she gasped, her breathing laboured as she felt herself trapped between him and the wall. He pushed himself more to her, making their bodies touch in every way and her cheek pressed further into the wall.

“You will not dance with Kabir.” - he growled, his teeth continuing to move down.

Her blood turned hotter than lava. Every nerve burning within her skin. She was sweating profusely in the month of November and it was all his fault!

He stretched her arms further, demanding answer and she whimpered at the painfully pleasing sensation.

“I-I won't.” - she choked.

His breath tickled her bare waist now and he had to be on his knees to be at level with her lower back. The thought snatched the remaining of the oxygen from her lungs. Suddenly, he freed her hands and his hands held her waist before flipping her around.

She slumped against the wall at actually finding him on his knees. The room was dark like the entire house but the diyas provided enough light. The flickering fire was reflecting in his dark eyes and it was an aesthetically arousing sight.

“Not now, not tomorrow at the dance practice, not ever.” - he established, his voice thick with desire and anger.

God, she herself had planned enough excuses to escape the dances with Kabir in front of the family because she didn't want to dance with him. But damn if Mahir showing possession over her was not turning her brain to mush.

Maintaining eye contact with her, Mahir leaned closer and touched her navel with the tip of his nose. An automatic moan left her mouth, taking her by surprise that how sensuous the touch felt. His mouth then opened and his tongue joined in the tease. Her hands went to his head on its own, seeking support, and she ruffled his hair with her fingers.

And then he took the sensitive skin between his teeth and nibbled. “I want an answer!”

She moaned the loudest yet, her grip on his hair tightening to the point of hurting. “God, yes Mahir... Yesss...” - she whined, her voice trembling as he started with the kissing again. Open mouthed kisses, trailing up her stomach. Her heart melted as even in such a heated moment, he skimmed over her blouse and reattached his mouth to her Adam's apple.

Her head automatically tilted back, facing the ceiling to give him as much access as possible. Her hands were moving towards his neck but he intertwined their fingers together and pinned them to the wall on either side of her head.

“I swear if you danced with him, the place of dance practice will be on fire.” - he warned, his lips on her jawline now.

She was dying for his lips on hers. The nearer he got, the more she got breathless. But he teased her on end and pulled back just from the corner of her mouth, making her groan.

“And I mean it literally.” - he whispered before taking her bottom lip in his teeth and stretched it back, chewing playfully.

The door knocked.

“Nehu, are you awake ?” - Avni called out.

Sneha's eyes widened. Not in panic but impatience because Mahir pulled back altogether, leaving her lip with a snap and disentangling his fingers from hers. She was panting, her knees too weak to support her in standing straight. She took huge gulps of air, regulating her heartrate.

“Nehuuu...”

Taking a deep breath, she left the support of the wall and moved to open the door. But only partly so her mother couldn't spot another presence in the room.

“Yeah Maa...” - her voice didn't come out steady and she prayed to heavens above that her mother would not pay attention to that.

“You forgot your phone downstairs dear.” - Avni said, handing over her phone.

“Thanks Maa.”

Avni caressed her head and left, descending the stairs as her and Mohit's room was on third floor. Sneha closed the door and sighed in relief. The power returned and the room lit up. She turned around to address Mahir but he was gone.

The blowing curtains of the balcony door answering her query.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.3K 1.5K 22
"𝑫𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒚𝒂𝒏 𝒌𝒐 𝒅𝒊𝒌𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒂 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒉𝒕𝒊 𝒉𝒐, 𝒌𝒊 𝒃𝒊𝒘𝒊 𝒉𝒐 𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒊?" ~~ "𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒍𝒊𝒆" "𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃...
366K 21.6K 56
"Vivaah Sampan Hua" Siddharth Nigam, a popular bachelor business man, mafia king is tied in a sacred bond called marriage with a hot, cute girl named...
2.1K 248 24
Three besties, their families, and a trip of a lifetime. One of them is in a long-distance relationship, while the other two are total love skeptics...
609K 21.3K 51
For both the families, It was just a business deal. A partnership, that would ensure their 'Billionaire' titles. And to top it all off, they even agr...