Intertwined

By SiriuslySoha

Sneha is doing arrange marriage with Kabir, the elder son of Chauhans, but something about Mahir, the mysteri... More

Character Sketch
Chapter 1 : The Kashyaps & The Chauhans
Chapter 2 : Meet (not so) Cute
Chapter 3 : Curiosity Killed The Cat
Chapter 4 : The Unmistakable Pull
Chapter 5 : The Growing Tension
Chapter 6 : Hostage Of Those Eyes
Chapter 7 : The Touch That Melts
Chapter 8 : Why ?
Chapter 9 : You Won't Understand
Chapter 10 : I Don't Believe You
Chapter 11 : Toe-curling
Chapter 12 : The Silent Banter and Ready To Be Ruined
Chapter 13 : Who Is She ?
Chapter 14 : Jealousy Jealousy
Chapter 16 : The Possession Over Each Other
Chapter 17 : Just A Moment Of Passion (?)
Chapter 18 : Perfect Partners
Chapter 19 : Tug Of War
Chapter 20 : The Time For Talk Has Passed
Chapter 21 : After All This Time ? - I
Chapter 22 : After All This Time ? - II
Chapter 23 : Always
Chapter 24 : Mahir's Sneha
Author's Offer
Chapter 25 : Your Highness
Chapter 26 : His Definition Of Love
Chapter 27 : Let's Get Married
Chapter 28 : Memorable Measurements
Chapter 29 : A Vision So Beautiful
New Story Announcement

Chapter 15 : You Wouldn't Want To Know

1.3K 146 70
By SiriuslySoha

Fingers softly running through her hair slowly pulled Sneha to consciousness. She fluttered her eyes open to find herself in the bed in her room. Her mother was seated beside her while the Chauhan siblings were huddled around the bed, sporting concerned expressions.

All the siblings except for Mahir. And her heart panged at his absence.

“How are you feeling honey ?” - Avni asked, smiling in relief.

Sneha carefully sat up, taking support of the headboard. “What happened ?” - she asked instead, her mind fuzzy.

“You slipped off the edge into the lake Bhabhi.” - Disha provided helpfully.

“Thank God Mahir was near you and saved you in time. Because we had no idea that you don't know swimming.” - Shreya said, looking greatful that Sneha was okay.

Sneha's mind cleared out at the info, suddenly remembering that she had jumped into the lake to get a reaction out of Mahir. So he did save her...

“Honestly, we all got worried but Mahir was practically freaking out. I have never seen him so scared ever before.” - Kabir said, catching Sneha's eyes.

Her heart skipped a beat. ‘So you do care Mahir but are too stubborn to stay by my side.’

“True. You were not gaining consciousness and we feared something has happened to you. But the doctor said it's just because the water was colder than your body could take and the drastic change in body temperature made you unconscious.” - Divya added her bit.

She suddenly realized her clothes were dry and frowned. Looking at herself, she realized her dress had been changed and her eyes automatically flashed to her mother, who nodded. Silently answering her unspoken question.

“Thank you.” - she said looking from her mother to all of them. The genuine concern on their faces and then relief at knowing she was okay had moved her deeply. She had been blessed with a really nice bunch.

“Thank Mahir Bhai. If not for him, we might have been late in rescuing you.” - Disha said smiling.

“Where's he ?” - Sneha asked, pretending to be calm whereas her insides were a hurricane of impatience.

“All this can wait. For now, you need to rest.” - Avni spoke before anyone could say anything.

“Aunty is right. You should rest Sneha.” - Shreya said with a warm smile. The siblings nodded in agreement as well and they all left the room.

“I am going to inform your Papa and others that you are awake. They were worrying.” - Avni said, caressing Sneha's hair affectionately.

Sneha took her mother's hand and kissed the back of it. “Love you Maa.”

Avni's smile softened further. “You are happy, aren't you ?”

Sneha's heart thudded. She felt like that was the moment to have the talk with her parents she was gathering courage to have a while now. Before she could say anything, Avni continued :

“You know at first, your father and I used to think that Kabir is a year older than you and childhood alliances mostly don't work. Or maybe, we should have considered Mahir as you both are the same age.”

Sneha's heart skipped a beat at that.

“But now when we look at it, we believe it to be the perfect decision. Kabir is very sorted and responsible. Whereas Mahir seems to be a little distant and moody.” - Avni mused with a slight frown.

Sneha's mind screamed. That was the problem. Kabir was way TOO a gentleman for her liking. She felt nothing around him even before falling for Mahir. She craved someone like Mahir who evoked all the emotions in her at once. Who made her breathless by just looking at her, who challenged her at every stage, who literally dominated her heart, mind and soul. But how to explain all that to her mother ?!

“Anyways, you rest. I had sent your navy blue lehenga for ironing and is currently hung in your wardrobe. After some rest, get ready before coming down.”

Sneha frowned. “Get ready for what ?”

Avni looked at her in disbelief, a smile coming on her face. “It's Diwali Nehuuu...”

Sneha's forehead smoothened and she mentally face palmed. Of course! It totally slipped her mind. Gosh, Mahir was stealing her senses!

Avni chuckled at her expressions and softly kissed her forehead before getting up and leaving the room. Sneha pushed the dovet aside and got up, feeling restless. She made her way towards the balcony of her room to have a moment to herself for thinking. But everything flew her mind when she found Mahir seated on the fence of the fountain in the courtyard, looking at the evening sky. His back was facing her but the smoke around him alerted her that he was smoking.

‘I'll kill him!’

She slammed her palms on the railing and was about to turn around to head down when Raniya walked into the courtyard, holding two dresses in her hands.

“Mahir, can you help me in deciding what should I wear ?” - Raniya asked, placing a blue and a golden lehenga to her body.

Sneha fumed. The f*cking audacity of that girl!

Mahir didn't turn to her and continued with his smoking. “It seemed to have skipped your notice that I have a degree in business administration and not in style advisory.”

Sneha bit her lip, her heart leaping with joy at his curt reply.

But Raniya didn't get the message. “Mahir why are you so curt always ? Can't you see that-”

“No I can't. Probably blind by birth.” - he cut her his off boringly and stood up. “A person can't even have a moment of peace in this house!” - he muttered annoyed and stormed inside.

Raniya folded the dresses on her arm, smiling after him. “Till how long you'll run away. I'll enter that heart of yours one day.” - she talked to herself and headed inside as well.

Sneha gripped the railing tightly, her jaws clenching. She walked back into the room and opened her wardrobe. No, she would not wear that blue lehenga. She will wear something that will blow his mind away and it becomes impossible for him to take his eyes off her.

After impatiently rummaging for a while, a dress caught her attention and her eyes sparkled.

~

Tha haveli was already decked up prettily due to the wedding. But the addition of diyas along the walls and the staircase added to the beauty. A big rangoli was made in the living room, just at the entrance of the door which also had diyas placed in a circle.

Sneha deliberately took longer than usual in getting ready to arrive in the hall and make a dramatic entrance. Although, reaching at the landing of the second floor, she halted in her steps as she found Mahir in the hallway, typing on the phone.

Her heartbeat escalated.

He was coincidentally twinning with her in a black mirror work kurta salwar. Ever since she had arrived at the Chauhans for the wedding, it was for the first time she was seeing him in eastern wear and damn if he didn't look like a feast!

She swallowed, trying to control her wandering thoughts and continued descending. Now, with an intentional noise of her heels. He looked up at the sound and his phone dropped from his hands.

Ah. Now that was the reaction she had made all the efforts for.

Skipping the blue lehenga, she chose a velvet black one. The blouse had a deep round neckline and short sleeves. The border of the lehenga and the dupatta both had gotta lace and coincidentally, mirror embroidery as well. She was stood tall on her black heels that were hidden behind her flaring lehenga. Her hair was straight but curled by the end and she had placed them to the front on one shoulder.

And that, had a motive. A very mischievous motive.

Walking towards him confidently, she twirled once. If that made him known that her blouse had backless cut with tie-up tassels, it was not her fault. Absolutely not.

Smiling at his sharp intake of breath, she faced him again. “How am I looking ?” - she asked innocently.

He swallowed so thickly that she saw his Adam's apple facing difficulty to do so. His eyes were completely dark and the fierce and intensive possession there messed up her already erratic heartbeat. She was not really waiting for an answer because his eyes were saying it all. They were screaming he wanted to consume her as whole and she was sure hers would be conveying that she was more than ready to be consumed.

She took a step closer — invading his personal space had become her second nature now — and casually righted his collar. “I saw you smoking near the fountain a while ago.” - she said softly, her tone complaining.

His dazed mind took a moment to comprehend before his soft gaze changed to his usual cold stare. “So ?” - he asked calmly.

She clutched his collar in her fists, pulling him closer. “I thought we had a deal that you wouldn't smoke.” - she reminded him angrily.

He looked aside. “I have changed my mind and am done with your games.” - he said and took her hands off his collar. He bent down, picked up his phone and started to leave.

She held his arm and didn't let him. “You think I'm playing games ?! Didn't you see I jumped-”

He whirled around in anger and walked her back till she was pressed against the pillar and he to her. Her breathing hitched.

“Don't you dare do such a thing ever again Sneha. I'm warning you. If you endangered your life again, I-”

“You ?” - she challenged, aware she was playing with fire. But what's there to fear when you are ready to get burned ?

He gritted his teeth. Holding her hand, he turned her around to press her front to the pillar and twisted her arm behind her. She got an instant deja vu of the night she had mistakenly entered his room and met him for the first time after ten years.

“You wouldn't want to know.” - he whispered in her ear, making the hair on her nape stand. He nipped at the helix once before leaving with a sharp bite, making her gasp.

He left his hold on her arm and suddenly, his warmth was gone. She turned around and found herself alone in the hallway.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 4.1K 66
"Okay, Whatever you say, Mum, I'll babysit the little man," π‘¨π’Žπ’‚π’π’…π’‚ 𝑾𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒕𝒉 the good girl. 𝑨𝒏𝒔𝒆𝒍 π‘³π’–π’„π’Œ the bad boy. π‘Ίπ’†π’π’π’ˆ 𝑱𝒖...
47.6K 2.6K 14
Hello everyone ! First of all, I want to thank you all for your warm reception of my 2 stories, specially the 2nd one. A specially thanks to those...
1K 247 26
Pratibha Verma . A normal girl with the dream to make her parents proud . Ritvik Chauhan . A devil in disguise . With only one motive . REVENGE... ...
425K 21.5K 42
Based on Khushi and Shyam's engagement track. There will be a little change in some characters and a few scenes from the original story. Peep in to...