The Snake| Draco Malfoy

Od DatChild13

Raelyn, was not your normal witch. For one she grew up with none other than Draco Malfoy. She learned all the... Viac

Prologue
~Summer~ The Letter
~Summer~ Diagon Alley
~Year 1~ The Sorting
~Year 1~ My new Life
~Year 1~ Troll in the dungeon
~Year 1~ The Break
~Year 1~ Back to school
~Summer~ Brooms and Fire
~Summer~ WeaselBee
~Year 2~ Gilderoy Lockhart
~Year 2~ Quidditch
~Year 2~ Writing on the Wall
~Year 2~ Spiders
~Year 2~ Spiders pt 2
~Year 2~ The Chamber of Secrets
~Year 2~ Tom Marvolo Riddle
~Year 2~ Aftermath
~Summer~ Ginny's Heist
~Summer~ Black at Large
~Year 3~ Dementors
~Year 3~ The Grim
~Year 3~ Hippogriffs
~Year 3~ Boggarts
~Year 3~ The Fat Lady
~Year 3~ Dementors Strike Again
~Year 3~ The Truth
~Year 3~ A Patronus
~Year 3~ Black Spotted
~Year 3~ A Rat and Dog with a side of Werewolf
~Year 3~ Wormtail
~Year 3~ Voldemort's Servant
~Year 3~ Endings
~Summer~ World Cup
~Summer~ The Dark Mark
~Year 4~ The twiwizard tournament
~Year 4~ ferret face
~Year 4~ Mad Eye Moody
~Year 4~ Durmstrang and Beauxbatons
~Year 4~ Goblet of Fire
~Year 4~ The First Task
~Year 4~ An Invitation
~Year 4~ The Yule Ball
~Year 4~ The Golden Egg
~Year 4~ The Second task
~Year 4~ Barty Crouch
~Year 4~ The Third task
~Year 4~ The Ending No One Wanted
~Year 4~ Ends and Beginnings
~Summer~ The Order
~Summer~ News
~Summer~ The Noble House of Black
~Summer~ Boggarts and Prefects
~Year 5~ Back to Hogwarts
~Year 5~ Umbitch
~Year 5~ high inquisitor
~Year 5~ Hogs Meade Meeting
~Year 5~ The First Decree
~Year 5~ Detention with Umbridge
~Year 5~ Dumbledore's Army
~Year 5~ Thestrals
~Year 5~ Malfoy Manor
~Year 5~ azkaban breakout
~Year 5~ Caught
~Year 5~ Headmistress
~Year 5~ Advice and owls
~Year 5~ Out of The Fire
~Year 5~ Department of Mysteries
~Year 5~ The Prophecy
~Year 5~ He's Back
~Summer~ Family Secrets
~Summer~ Borgin and Burkes
~Year 6~ the slug club
~Year 6~ Amortentia
~Year 6~ The First Attempt
~Year 6~ Consequences
~Year 6~ The Party
~Year 6~ The Break Ends
~Year 6~ The Second Attempt
~Year 6~ Progress
~Year 6~ Sectumsempra
~Year 6~ The Fall of Dumbledore
~Year 6~ Repercussions
~Summer~ The Seven Potters

~Year 6~ Christmas Break

10 1 0
Od DatChild13

Fill out this quiz for a very important upcoming scene!

Link: www.quotev.com/quiz/16109995/That-Scene-Poll-detail-or-no-detail

-----

"How was the party?" Harper asked the next morning when I sat down for breakfast. I shrugged.

"Mostly a bunch of famous people asking to know the details of my life.." Astoria gave a sympathetic smile. "...oh, and Urquhart confessed that he's fancied me for years." I added.

"Urquhart?" Astoria said, surprised, "As in the Slytherin Quidditch captain."

I nodded. "I unfortunately had to take him since Draco was being a prat and didn't want to go with me." I shrugged, "He wasn't bad company until he confessed his love for me and Draco saw us together..."

"That's Draco's fault." Lucille said, "If he didn't want to go with you then he shouldn't expect you not to go with someone else."

"Yeah.." I sighed, I hadn't seen Draco all morning or last night. I suspected he was in the Room of Requirements, but I was actually enjoying time with my friends for once, and I didn't feel like going to find him right now.

"Are you guys going anywhere for the holidays?" I asked to try to change the subject.

"I'm heading back home." Harper said. I look at Astoria and Lucille.

"We're going to stay here for the holidays." Astoria said. I nodded, understanding.

"I assume you're going back to the Malfoy's."

I nodded. I wasn't looking forward to it. I would much rather stay here but Narcissa had made it very clear that The Dark Lord would be expecting our arrival. I knew it wasn't going to be a pleasant holiday considering we hadn't made much progress with our task.

"Speaking of the Malfoy's, I should probably go find Draco." I said, starting to get up from my seat. The train would be departing in a few hours, and I felt like I should talk to Draco before then. "I'll see you later." I said, waving goodbye to my friends.

I hadn't been able to be with them as much this year and I felt bad for never being around anymore. But once again I found myself heading to the Room of Requirement in search of a certain blonde.

When I opened the door and walked inside the Room of Requirements, Draco wasn't there. This was actually quite shocking. He was always here. I honestly couldn't imagine he anywhere else in his free time.

I suddenly heard sounds coming from the cabinet. It sounded as if there was a bird. Perplexed, I hesitantly grabbed the handle and swung the door open. Almost instantly a small bird flew out and disappeared into the abyss of the room.

"Good, it's working." A voice said behind me. I turned around and saw Draco standing there. Whether he had actually been there the entire time and I hadn't seen him or he had come in the room moments ago, I couldn't quite tell. But I felt my lips turn down into a frown. His skin looked unusually greenish, his face was gaunt, his eyes tired and remained a dull cloudy blue instead of a bright icy blue as they used to be, as well as his hair, which lacked it's usual brightness.

"Draco..are you alright?" I ask gently taking a step closer to examine him.

"I'm fine," He said coldly, before stepping past me and heading to the cabinet.

"I'm serious Draco, people are starting to ask what's wrong with you-"

"I don't care what people think." He says interrupting me. "Why don't you just find Urquhart to snog-"

"What's that got to do with anything!" I said, getting angry now. "And I'm not snogging Urquhart." I say harshly.

"Well it sure looked like it last night." Draco shot back at me.

"You're the one who told me to take someone else, since you didn't want to go with me!" I shouted back at him. I couldn't believe that he actually thought I had gotten with Urquhart. Did he not trust me at all?

"I told you to take Harper! Not him!"

"Well I wouldn't have had to go with either of them if you had just thought about someone other than yourself and that stupid bloody cabinet for two seconds!" I practically screamed, I felt hot tears forming in my eyes.

"I'm trying to make sure we aren't killed! So sorry if I don't want to go to a stupid Christmas party!" He shouted back at me.

"I'm just trying to help! It's not healthy for you to be here all day working on the task!" I argue back hoping he would see that I'm concerned for him.

He scoffed. "I don't expect you to understand."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I say with raised eyebrows. He doesn't respond and turns his attention back towards the cabinet. "What? You think I don't understand how this feels-"

"NO! You don't know how this feels!" He snarls at me, "You're parents got themselves killed for being vile Snakes! Don't pretend to know what it's like to have family!"

The tears threatened to spill.

"Fine," I say turning back to him and heading towards the door before I begin to cry. "If that's how you feel."

"Raelyn I didn't mean-"

"I'll see you on the train." I say, my voice is void of any pleasant emotion.

I stormed out of the Room of Requirement and started to make my way to the Slytherin Common Room. I wiped my eyes with my hand refusing to let Draco make me cry. He always found a way to start an argument right before Christmas.

I had just said the password and stepping into the common room when I came face to face with the one person I didn't want to see.

"Raelyn-!"

"Go away." I said rather rudely. "I don't want to talk, Urquhart."

"Someone woke up on the wrong side on the bed today." I ignored his comment and started toward my dormitory. But of course, nothing could go my way today.

"Out of my way Freak!" Pansy snarled in my face pushing out of her way. Normally I wouldn't be bothered by her comments as she constantly was rude to anyone who talked to Draco, and had been persistently more rude to me since she heard that we had started dating. But today, I had had enough.

"Shut up, you pugface bitch!" I say shoving her back and heading towards the stairs again. Urquhart watched with an amused expression. She reached to pull her wand out with an angry expression. Just as she pulled it out to start saying the incantation I pulled my own wand out and beat her to it.

"Scalpendo!" I said pointing my wand at her. She fell backward onto the ground from the force of the hex. Suddenly all her hair fell from her head leaving her bald. She began to scream and cry.

I smiled quite proud of myself for creating such a hex.

"WHY YOU LITTLE-"

"Silencio." I could hear her voice fighting to be heard as her lips were glued shut. I frowned as her hair suddenly regrew and returned to the length it was before. I glanced behind me and saw Urquhart with his own out. I forgot he was a year ahead of me, and probably knew many nonverbal spells to reverse hexes and jinxes.

Pansy grabbed her hair looking ecstatic before getting up from the ground and running out of the common room.

I glared at Urquhart and mumbled, "You're no fun." before making my way upstairs, but not before I heard him reply:

"Don't worry, I used a spell to give her lice." I smiled too myself at the gesture but continued to head to my dorm for my trunk.

"All aboard!" I heard Hagrid call, as the Hogwarts express arrived.

"Have a good holiday, you two!" I said giving Lucille and Astoria a hug goodbye. They smiled and hugged me back. We had already exchanged gifts that morning.

I followed Harper onto the train and took a seat in the same compartment as him. We sat together in silence as the train began to move, and the castle faded into the distance.

"Are you alright?" Harper asked after a while of silence.

I mumbled, "Yeah," and continued gazing out the window, watching the trees pass by.

"You're fighting with Malfoy again, aren't you?"

I sighed and nodded.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Harper asked with a bit of worry in his voice. My eyes traveled from the window to his. I knew I couldn't tell him exactly what happened or what it was about, but I knew telling him something was better than telling him nothing.

"You know how I had to take Urquhart to the Slug club dance?" Harper nodded, "Well, he's overreacting and now thinks I'm snogging Urquhart..." I gave a frustrated sigh, "and he said a few mean things...and then I hexed Pugface-"

"You hexed Parkinson?!" he interrupted, I nodded and continued.

"-and then of course Urquhart had to show up."

"Raelyn," Harper said gently, "please tell me what's actually been going on." I looked away from him, "I know that it's just just boy drama...you've been different this year..."

I know, and I hate it.

"Just please," He said with the most concern in his voice I have ever heard, "tell me what's going on."

I swallowed hard, and forced myself to look at him. "The truth?"

He nodded, "The truth."

"I can't tell you." His mouth fell slightly open. He looked disappointed, as he was hoping for a different answer.

"Can you tell me eventually?" He asked. I thought about it. By the end of the year he would definitely know.

"Yes," I said and he gives a small smile.

"Good, because I'm not going anywhere until I figure out who's taken away your happiness." I desperately wanted to cry and hug him, and tell him everything that was happening, but I knew I couldn't.

"I don't deserve a friend like you." I croaked out.

"You deserve more than you think."

When the train stopped, I bid goodbye to Harper and left to find Draco. Fortunately it wasn't too hard considering he was the only student with pale blonde hair and sickly green skin. I manage to catch up to him and we both walk in silence to meet Narcissa.

I crossed my arms refusing to hold Draco's hand to apparate.

"How do you two always manage to start a fight right before the holidays?" Narcissa wonders aloud looking between us.

"I don't know, ask your cabinet loving son-"

"I am not-" Draco starts to respond furiously before Narcissa cuts him off.

"Quiet! Both of you!" We both avoid each other's gazes and remain silent. Narcissa grabs both of our hands and apparates us back to .

When we arrive in the giant house Draco and I immediately go our separate ways. I intentionally took the long way to my room just so I wouldn't have to go up the same staircase as him. To be honest, avoiding him was only going to make things worse but I didn't think it was best to talk right now either.

During the next two weeks I only ever saw Draco during meals and we never talked. Normally we would've already made up and acted as we usually did but it seemed to be taking longer this time to reconcile. Well, to be more precise neither of us wanted to let go of our pride and confront the matter. Even though I thought it was mostly Draco's fault...I knew I probably was in the wrong as well (mostly Draco).

Either way I was currently sitting on my bed rereading Fantastic Best and Where to Find Them. Draco had gotten me a new copy and even rewrote all my notes from my old book for my birthday. My old copy had completely fallen apart after years of use.

I was reviewing some of the deadly creatures to see if any of them might be useful with killing Dumbledore, when I heard a knock on the door. My spirits perked up, hoping that it was Draco here to apologize for being a git, but it wasn't. It was just Narcissa.

She cleared her throat, and looked like she was trembling, "The Dark Lord is here."

"Lovely." I managed to say, before following her down the hallway and down to where he was. When I entered the room with her I immediately went to stand with Draco. He was dressed in his usual black suit. Bellatrix stood next to Voldemort, as well as Greyback.

"Here at last," Voldemort said, his cold gaze following me as I walked to stand next to Draco. Draco shifted uncomfortably under his gaze and I recognized the fear in his eyes. "Dear cousin, how wonderful to see you." Voldemort mused in Parseltongue.

I tried to smile politely as I responded in Parseltongue, "Can't say the same."

His face turned darker, and his gaze bore down on us. "I've come here to hear your progress on the task I have bestowed upon you."

I glanced at Draco a bit worried. Truthfully we hadn't made any progress. "Well, we've attempted to kill Dumbledore..which um..failed obviously." Voldemort's snake-like eyes narrowed as I spoke and then glanced toward Draco. I could see him turn paler by the minute. I took his hand in mine and gave it a squeeze to bring him back to reality.

"I found a Vanishing Cabinet, a-and there's a twin Cabinet in Borgin and Burkes. We plan to use it to bring the Death Eaters into Hogwarts w-when we kill Dumbeldore." Draco said. At this moment it was kinda hard to stay mad at Draco for focusing so much on that bloody cabinet because it seemed to be the only thing that pleased Voldemort and kept us alive.

"So when the new term begins we can sneak the Death Eaters into Hogwarts?" He said with a grin beginning to form. I eyed Draco warily as Voldemort spoke.

"Um..not exactly.."

"What do you mean, 'not exactly'?" He asked with an edge to his voice.

"Well, the Cabinet is broken-but we are almost done fixing it!" I added quickly seeing his reaction.

"So you've made zero progress."

"I cursed a girl-" I offered weakly, which only seemed to pique the interest of Bellatrix. Voldemort pulled his wand out and pointed it at us.

"Please, my Lord!" Narcissa began.

"Silence!" She clamped her mouth shut. Voldemort flicked his wand and I suddenly felt a burning in my hand and dropped Draco's hand immediately, pulling my hand gingerly to my chest. There was a deep gash in the palm of my hand.

"Fenrir, take the girl into the other room, Bella, join him." Bellatrix laughed before grabbing my wrist and pulling me away. I tried to keep my eyes on Draco as the dragged me away into another room. Despite our fighting, I was still worried that Voldemort might hurt him while I was gone. I didn't want him to be in trouble for my failures.

"Move it girl!" Fenrir hissed at me as he shoved me into the room and closed the door behind us. Bellatrix began to laugh manically and jump up and down like a child.

"Is The Dark Lord going to punish him?" I ask trying to let the fear that he was show in my voice. They both let out a mocking laugh.

"You should be more worried about yourself."

I suddenly realized how vulnerable I was. I had been so focused on them wanting to hurt Draco that I hadn't realized that the punishment was intended for me.

"Crucio!"

I screamed. The ground came up to meet me, but I didn't feel it. All I could feel was the fire where my bones should be, surging through me, consuming me...

Then it disappeared, as instantly as it had come, but the memory of the pain was enough to keep me curled up on the ground, whimpering. I had been under the effects of the cruciatus curse from Bellatrix before, but this time it was different. This wasn't to scare me...this was truly to torture me and make me wish I was dead.

I heard a high pitched laugh and then the searing pain was back. My veins, my muscles, my bones..felt on fire. I screamed until my throat felt raw. Only when my screams stopped did the pain stop.

"Let me have a turn." The gruff voice of Fenrir said. "Crucio!"

Bellatrix had been easy on me compared to this. Where before waves of pain had covered my entire body, now there simply was nothing else but pain. My entire world turned into an eternity of agony that consumed me from the inside out. There was no ebb or flow of the pain, it only built higher and higher, taking more and more...I would have died to escape it.

The pain stopped. I could only see the blurry vision of the ceiling through my tears.

A sharp boot dug into my arm and kicked me over.

"This is boring." Bellatrix said.

"Stop.." I cried, "please..."

I was consumed with the pain before I even heard her curse me. Again, there was absolutely nothing but pain, anywhere. The burning agony ravaged through me, consuming everything and leaving nothing in its wake but even more pain, leaving me nothing but a screaming mass of pain consuming itself...

Draco POV

"I cursed a girl-" Raelyn offered weakly, which only seemed to pique the interest of Bellatrix. Voldemort pulled his wand out and pointed it at us.

"Please, my Lord!" Narcissa began.

"Silence!" She clamped her mouth shut. Voldemort flicked his wand and Raelyn suddenly dropped my hand. I looked at her and saw a deep gash down her palm. A knot formed in my stomach. I had been so mean to her these past weeks and here she was, getting hurt just trying to comfort me because I'm a coward.

"Fenrir, take the girl into the other room, Bella, join him." Bellatrix laughed before grabbing Raelyns wrist and pulling her away. I watched horrified. I wanted to run to her and pull her away from my crazed aunt. I wanted to pull her into my arms, and apologize. I wanted to tell her how sorry I was for ever getting her involved. How sorry I was for getting her hurt. How sorry I was for making her my punishment.

The door slammed behind them and there was silence. My eyes flickered from Voldemort's sinister smile back to the room they had brought her too. I twisted the ring on my finger nervously, it was the ring she had given me years ago.

I flinched at the first scream.

I couldn't bear to look at the doors anymore. She was locked in there with two maniacs because of me. I had failed to protect her. I had hurt her. It was all my fault.

Her screaming only increased by the minute.

I knew I should go to save her and relieve her of the pain but I was still too scared. The screaming eventually stopped and I breathed a sigh of relief when Fenrir and Bellatrix walked back in the room.

At that moment I didn't care if Voldemort was still in the room, or whether he would get angry if I left. I entered the room where they had taken Raelyn.

I expected to see her limp body lying on the crowd but instead she was sitting down with her knees to her chest rocking back and forth. Had they tortured her mind as well? Or had the pain started to drive mad?

"Raelyn," I said releasing a breath I had been holding. I knelt down beside her and took he face in mine. She was shaking and her cheeks were wet from tears.

"Draco?" She said weakly, "They didn't hurt you, right?" I felt like crying. She had just been tortured for my failures and she was still only worried about my well being. She didn't deserve someone like me. She deserved better.

Tears began to fall from her eyes. "T-They said that he was punishing you as well.. I-I thought.."

I wrapped my arms around her and she melted into my chest, sobbing. At that moment it seemed we both came to a mutual understanding of forgiveness.

I don't know how long we stayed together in the embrace, but Mother eventually walked into the room to declare that The Dark Lord had left. She looked just as shaken about what had happened as I was.

Next time I would protect Raelyn. Next time I would make sure I was strong enough to keep her from getting hurt.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

31K 711 28
*COMPLETE BUT UNDER REVISION* [ALL CHARACTERS BELONG TO JK ROWLING] Y/n never felt right at Ilvermorny, of course, she loved it there but she never f...
19.5M 486K 64
"It's much harder to stay hidden from the Dark Lord when you're in love with a Death Eater." Evelyn Hawkings' parents were well-known Death Eaters, b...
5.5K 27 95
Nessa Manson is a kid who came from a wealthy family. She was the nicest person ever. She loved everyone. There was never a person who did not like h...
37.7K 616 16
Hermione had just finished the war and found out that her muggle parents weren't her real ones. Her real parents were Daneel and Dean Novak, Purebl...