Just One Chance(Rewritten) Ry...

By shawdss

Aaliyah Fenty is a 21year old student currently attending the USC campus. She was born in the limestone islan... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10- Nae Day
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 37
Part 36
New book on block 🚨
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Explanation/SpoilerπŸ‘€
Part 51
Part 52
Character Update
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
Part 76
Part 77
Part 78
Part 79
Part 80
Part 81
Part 82
Part 83
Part 84
Part 85
Part 86
Part 87
Part 88
Part 89
Part 90
Part 91
Part 92
Part 93
Part 94
Part 95
Part 96
Part 97
Part 98
Part 99
Part 100
Part 101
Part 102
Part 103
Part 104
Part 105
Part 106
Part 107
Part 108
Part 109
Part 110
Part 111
Part 112
Part 113
Part 114
Part 115
Part 116
Part 117
Part 118
Part 119
Part 120
Part 121
Part 122
Part 123
Part 124
Part 125
Part 126
Part 127
Part 128
Part 129
Part 130
Part 132

Part 131

555 39 12
By shawdss

Lily POV

I've been so emotional this morning, I just know my makeup artist is tired of retouching my face by now. Weddings always brought on my emotional side. I remember crying like a baby for Arlena's wedding. I was so happy that my twin was getting the happy ending she always dreamt of. It was the same way for Danny's own as well. Seeing my friend get the beautiful wedding that she deserved, getting married to the man who treated her with respect and adoration throughout their relationship and my gorgeous girls being right there with their Aunt Danny on her special day. Everything just turned out perfect. It's finally my turn and it just feels surreal right now. It's like reality is just hitting me. I don't have cold feet but I am definitely nervous and also in disbelief. This day has actually arrived.

As a child I use to always dream about my wedding day. I was apart pf my parents wedding and I remember it just being something that I wanted because my mom and dad looked incredibly happy and my mom was extra pretty that day in her long white dress and I wanted that too one day.

As a teenager I wanted it for my fairytale ending. Watching barbie and romance movies, it was always the end goal to find your partner, get married and live happily ever after in love.

As a young adult that started to seem more and more like a fairytale given my taste in men. Falling in love for all the wrong type of guys and hood niggas that couldn't even see their life outside of the hood.

Now as I stand before the mirror basking in my beauty, I'm lost for words that it took David Brewster to get me here. I am so ready to be his Mrs.

"Lily you got to quit with the crying seriously. You're pissing me off and I'm not the one fixing ya damn makeup chile." Of course Arlena would be the one to speak to me that way and not give a fuck. It's always your sisters.

"And it's too many people in here too like damn, what happened to the element of surprise if all of y'all done seen the bride." My mom fussed this time. She started chasing my friends away. It really wasn't that many of them. Danny, Kiki and my sisters were the ones in here with me plus four of my cousins, the makeup artist and hairstylist.

"Aight we'll head on to the church Aunty Dee. Lily we gon see you later cuz." Cousin Trina said as she left with my cousins.

"You look gorgeous baby, I'll see you soon." Danny called out dragging Daysha with her. They were only going to the next room though because they were apart of my bridal party. My bridesmaids were Danny, Daysha, Reginae and Shar while Arlena and Kiki were my two maids of honor. They all looked gorgeous in their lilac dresses but no one topped my babies. Reina was my mini-bride while Kairi, my niece Corie and my godbaby Brianna were my beautiful flower girls in their ivory and purple colored dresses. Reina's dress was white and very similar to mine though.

"Your whip just pulled up so I hope you're ready." My mom announced making my palms get even sweaty. Dave rented a Rolls Royce limousine for us and by us I mean me and my bridal party. He and the guys including Dimitri have their own means of transportation. Luckily they're all already at the church including my dad who will be walking me down the aisle. Chris, Bully and Kaedan were our only groomsmen though so they'll each be walking down the aisle with a bridesmaid of either side of them. Our son Dimitri will be the ring-bearer. Dave already sent me a few photos of him and my little handsome boy looking dashing in his suit.

Kiki brought me the bouquet while the two ladies touched up my hair and makeup. 

"East better shed couple tears when he see ya or I swear Imma beat his ass for real." She said making the other women in the room laugh.

Within the next five minutes Reginae and Shar emerged from the other room fully dressed and looking exquisite. All my friends looked amazing. We headed for the car as Danny and Daysha were already sat waiting with the children. Time to get the show on the road.

When we got to the church, Danny, Kiki, Reginae and Shar  entered before me. Seeing all the cars parked here was nerve-racking like since when do we know this many people. My mom, my sisters and the children were the ones still sat in the car with me. In fact we stayed here for a while and just before it was time to make an official entrance Arlena and my mom prayed for me and my wedding, which got me a little emotional again.

Everyone went into the church while I stood outside the doors. When my dad joined me, he looked so happy for me. The music cued and I took a deep breath. My dad glanced over as if waiting on my signal. The music was already our cue but he wanted to ensure I was really ready. I appreciated that more than anything. My mom stayed behind so she could instruct the kids as to when to walk down after me. By this time Dimitri was here with us and baby looked even cuter in person if that's possible with his braids fresh to the T.

I grabbed my dad's arm as he led me into the church. The first few stops were focused on maintaining my breathing and not tripping over my feet. With my eyes casted down, I could still hear the gasps and aw's as I walked by. I finally raised my head taking in the scene and I almost halted my steps.

Just as I planned. This is literally exactly as I envisioned it. Imagine David having a purple wedding but that's what he gets when he puts wifey in charge though. It didn't look too feminine to me though. Looking around I took in the faces of my friends and family and my heart swelled once we got to the front row and I by-passed one of my older brothers from Barbados. I was so glad he could make it with his family after all. I haven't seen him in a few years but having him here means so much to me. As we approached the alter I admired the groomsmen and bridesmaids. Chris was David's best-man, next in line after Shooter. My brother actually had tears in his eyes. Now he knew better than to cry. If he is crying how does he expect me not to cry. Chris has seen me through it all so I know this is hitting different for him than it would for my other siblings. He was there when I cried myself to sleep, he was the one threatening and beating up niggas for doing me wrong, hell he even went to war with his oldest friends for me.
Now look at me, I get it. Kaedan and Bully looked the sharpest they've even been honestly and of course...my man my man my man.

Dave stood tall in all his glory in his all white three piece suit with his diamond studs, purple bowtie and purple shoes. Ouu my man ATE DOWN. Cornrows fresh asf as always, he giving that Nipsey vibe today though. Different day, different style I mean why not. Tell me why my dad gave me over to Dave and I peeped his eyes lowkey tearing up. I know Danny satisfied right now.

Dave POV
I couldn't help but to stare. I can't keep my eyes off Lily for no longer than five seconds. She beautiful on a regular but something about seeing her in a wedding dress hit different. It really ain't got shit to do with her new hairdo or the makeup she got going on. It's just the dress and what it represents and the heavy engagement ring on her finger. Her eyes been teary since she came to stand next to me. Meanwhile Danny smile couldn't be brighter form behind Aaliyah.

I glanced at the congregation and noticed Kairi in the front row with my parents while Reina and Dimitri sat with Lily's parents—who were about to officially become my in-laws.

"Mr Brewster do you have your vows prepared." The administrator broke my thoughts.

"Yeah yeah, I got it." I fished it out my pocket and cleared my throat getting a little nervous.

"This bout to be ghetto as shit." I heard Bully mumble and the guys laughed behind me. Ignoring his dumbass, I took a breath and started reading.

"Aaliyah Fenty, from the day we linked I knew you was different. I ain't know all of this was gon come from us chilling fasho though. My girlfriend, to my second babymoms—sorry mother of my children, fiancé and now you finally bout to be my wife. It ain't took me long to figure out that I wanted you forever, it just took me a little courage and time that it was gon be as my wife cause I think everybody know marriage was never in my books." People laughed at the last part but they it wasn't cap.

"We been through a hell of a lot together man. Ion gon hold you, another shawty would've been dipped a long time ago. I appreciate you more than anything for holding a nigga down through the good times and the dark times and always keeping it real. We grew together for the better and I'm down to grow old witchu next." I finished.

"Holding him down through the dark times? Mann his ass sound like Diddy." He ain't even tried to whisper that shit.

"Bully I'll fuck you up." I uttered mean mugging his ass. The priest was shook and threw holy water on my face making the bridesmaid and my niggas laugh. Even Lily was cackling.

"I told you it was bout to get ghetto up in here." He added.

"Mann shut up cuh." Fenty chimed in but I could hear he was trying not to laugh as well.

"Aaliyah Fenty do you have any vows prepared?"

"Yes but I don't need it." She smirked at me. Yeah she showing off now. He nodded for her to proceed and she watched me as she started.

"David, let me just congratulate you on bagging a real fine one. Heavy on the realest straight outta Harlem, okay?!" She joked.

"Ghettooo." Bully sung

"And big up me too because it's more than enough bi—I mean women that wanted my spot, wanted you and look at you now? Been TOOOK."

"Ah haa let em know twin." Arlena laughed.

"Right sis? Anyway, I tell you everyday that I love you because it became a habit I picked up from you. I never had a man show me that much consistency and affection before and it's crazy cause you the most hood of em all. I love that you trusted me to carry not one but two of your children and you trusted me with Kairi from the get-go. I love our transition from friends to lovers and how we can still be as goofy with each other as we were when we just met—okay not when we just just met cause yunno I was a little shy but yeah. I wanna give you everything you ask for because you deserve it and I wanna grow old with you too. There's nothing I'd rather so than be with you until death do us part" Got a nigga cheesing hard asf.

"Awwwww." Trust the ladies.

"Beautiful couple. Now I shall bless the wedding bands and Mr Brewster you will repeat after me as you place it on Ms Fenty's finger." I nodded in understanding.

"With this ring, I thee wed. As a symbol of my love and commitment, I give you this ring, a circle unbroken, a token of my everlasting trust and devotion." I recited.

Aaliyah took my left hand, placing the ring on my finger as she repeated the same words.

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. Mr Brewster you may kiss your bride."

I sent a smirk to my wife before I brought my lips to hers having our first kiss as a married couple.

"YEERRRRRRRR!"

"Yesssirr"

"I Know that's right!"

"Oop- what happened to PG-13?"

I heard some of the remarks. Lily and I broke the kiss laughing at the shit our friends were saying and the cheers of the crowd.

"Mrs. Brewster huh?"

"It suits me right?" She smiled and I couldn't agree more.

"Ladies and gentlemen I present to you Mr and Mrs Brewster." The priest announced earning more cheers than before.

Matrimony by Wale came on, as we stepped down the alter. My mom and dad looked proud as hell, they probably been waiting on this for a minute even Kairi was super excited. Arelna and Keisha quickly came fixing Aaliyah's dress and checking her to make sure she was still up to par as we began walking down the aisle.

Behind us, Reina our mini bride followed and then the three flower girls. Dimitri would've been behind them as the ring bearer and the two maids of honor and my one best man would lead the bridesmaids and groomsmen outside. Just like that, a new chapter begins. David Brewster, the married man.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

655K 15.6K 61
August & Colin | WRU series | book 1 We take risks. We make mistakes. We lie. We love. We hurt. We lose total control. I took a risk. I paid the pri...
625 74 40
Sometimes you're better of not being left in the dark, because what you don't know... could hurt you. β˜… EVERYTHING WAS A LIE. She'd been an expert at...
942 194 13
"Why Malik..?" Asia muttered to herself as the brown-eyed male in front of her, who didn't even bother to make eye contact with her, shook his head...
1.9K 52 13
Aaliyah's been having a hard time after graduating college. She's been living with her mom for a year now and it's been hell. Her mom hates her and t...