Corpse Groom

By Bee_Vomit_Queen

I OWN NOTHING!!! I DO NOT MAKE ANY MONEY OFF OF THIS!!! IT IS JUST A FANFICTION MADE FOR FUN!!! Male!Emily X... More

Before we start
Chapter 1 - It's A...Day, I Guess
Chapter 2 - Meeting Victoria
Chapter 4 - I do
Chapter 5 - Remains Of The Day
Chapter 6 - Such Bad News
Chapter 7 - Getting To Know Each Other
Chapter 8 - Going Up Top
Chapter 9 - Exposed And Misunderstanding
Chapter 10 - Tears To Shed
Chapter 11 - Crazy Things Happen On The Surface
Chapter 12 - Reconciliation
Chapter 13 - A Dead Wedding
Chapter 14 - The Dead Walk The Earth!
Chapter 15 - A Romance Novel Ending

Chapter 3 - The Rehearsal Disaster!

1.3K 55 27
By Bee_Vomit_Queen

"Master Van Dort, from the beginning. Again." The annoyed voice of Pastor Galswells resonated through the room the wedding rehearsal was taking place in.

Inside were only a handful of people. There was the Everglots and the Van Dorts, (Y/N) who was sitting up front with her parents, and the Everglot butler that stood dutifully at the entrance of the room. 

Then, at the front of the room, was Pastor Galswells, an old man with long robes and a harsh, wrinkled face. He stood in front of a long table that held a lit candle and a wine cup, while he held onto a big book and a long staff with a curled top. 

Lastly, there was Victor and Victoria, who stood in front of him and behind the long table, each holding a candle.

"With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never empty for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way in darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine." Galswells quoted the necessary vows before turning to glare at Victor. "Let's try it again."

"Yes. Yes, sir." Victor dutifully answered as he stood straight and held up his candle. "With this candle..."

He went to light it on the wick of Galswells' candle but when he pulled it back, it wasn't burning.

"This candle..."

He tried again, holding it a little longer, but his candle still would not burn.

"This...candle..."

He attempted one more time but he still wasn't able to get his candle lit.

He nervously glanced behind him, hearing his parents mutter to one another in complaint and worry. It was evident on their faces. The Everglots were not much better, scowling at him in disapproval.

It was only (Y/N) who gave him a small, encouraging smile, waving at him to keep on going.

The pastor loudly cleared his throat and Victor looked over to see that his candle had been lit while he had been nervously looking over his shoulder.

"Thank goodness." (Y/N) whispered happily to herself.

Victor even let out a surprised but delighted laugh as he stood back up and confidently proclaimed, "With this candle... Ha."

But his happiness was short-lived as, with his small laugh, he accidentally blew out his candle. Everyone sighed out in disappointment and (Y/N) covered her face, praying that it would get better.

"Continue!" The pastor angrily ordered but it was all put to a halt as the entrance bell rang loudly throughout the house.

"Get the door, Emil." Lord Everglot commanded, waving off his butler before returning his gaze to the disastrous display.

"Let's just pick it up at the candle bit."

But before the pastor could continue, the butler came scuttling back into the room. "A Lord Barkis, sir." He relayed, passing over a business card.

Just as he did, a well-dressed, well-postured, and decent-looking gentleman came strutting into the room. He had a strong chin, proudly puffed-out chest, and an arrogant air about him. One couldn't deny he had a superiority to him and everyone watched him curiously as he made his way to the front, where everyone else was gathered.

"I haven't a head for dates." He explained, with a voice as refined as gold. Though (Y/N) quirked her eyebrow, not missing the hint of snark within his tone. "Apparently I'm a day early for the ceremony."

They all stared at him curiously, neither sure if they actually knew he was. Lady Everglot grabbed the business card and inspected the name printed on it.

Her husband leaned over to her, placing a hand next to his mouth as he whispered, "Is he from your side of the family?"

"I can't recall." She snapped her fingers as she ordered, "Emil, a seat for Lord Barkis."

He was given a seat almost immediately, which he smoothly sat down in. Everyone stared at him, confused but also curious from his practically sudden appearance. Even Victor and Victoria were watching him, and it was the only time Pastor Galswells seemed annoyed by someone other than poor Victor.

"Do carry on." Barkis graciously declared, much to (Y/N)'s annoyance. He wasn't the groom or an important member of the family, yet he could give out orders like he owned the place?

She couldn't stay mad at the arrogant jerk for long as Pastor Galswells continued with the rehearsal. "Let's try it again, shall we, Master Van Dort?"

Victor nervously looked back at his sister, who gave him a small smile only to be nudged by her mother for distracting him. She huffed, rolling her eyes at the insufferable woman, but nodded sweetly towards Victor. A small bit of encouragement as if to tell him to keep on going.

"Yes." Victor finally answered while Victoria sweetly lit his candle for him. He held up the candle and his left hand, ready to practice his vows once more. "Yes, sir. Certainly."

"Right." The pastor harshly whispered.

"Right." Victor agreed, unaware of what the pastor actually meant, much to (Y/N)'s alarm. 

She softly 'psss'ed' to gain his attention, waving her right hand in a frantic manner but also in a way that didn't arouse suspicion or attract anyone else's attention.

Victor's eyes widened as he tossed the candle to his left hand in panic, holding up his right hand as he spluttered out, "Oh, right! With this...uh..."

"Hand!"

"With this hand!" Victor declared, taking Victoria's hand into his and taking a few steps forward as he continued to recite. "I...will- "

He bumped into the table, shaking the wine cup and making everyone either groan in annoyance or disappointment. All accept (Y/N), who cupped her hands over her mouth in worry. She had gone over Victor's vows with him and he had done well enough for what it had been worth. But he was nervous and she knew Victor could never perform well under pressure.

No one else seemed to understand that, as the pastor lost his patience and snapped out, "Three steps! Three! Can you not count? Do you not wish to be married, Master Van Dort?"

"No! No."

"You do not?" Victoria questioned in a hurt manner.

(Y/N) smacked a hand to her face, trying her best not to rush in and help her brother. She wanted nothing more than to help him but she knew that it would only make Victor look worse. All she could do was watch and hope it turned out better than it was currently going.

"No! I meant, no, I do not, not wish to be married. That is, I want very much to- OW!"

Victor got interrupted from his explanation as Pastor Galswells hit him over the head with his staff. "Pay attention! Have you even remembered to bring the ring?"

"The ring? Yes, of course."

Victor dug into his suit jacket while his father looked over to his mother, sending her a comforting wink and a thumbs up, much to (Y/N)'s annoyance. She had reminded Victor to not forget the ring, their dad had simply given it to Victor when it had been bought. As if that had done anything.

Victor held out the ring between two fingers. He smiled, proud of himself for doing something right, and his sister supportively applauded him for it. However, it turned to chaos in an instant, as the ring slipped from his fingers and bounced away.

"Dropping the ring!" Pastor Galswells shouted in dismay.

His mother wailed in distress as did Lady Everglot, though hers was more in irritation. (Y/N) gasped as she stood up and tried to snatch it, but it flew past her fingers before she could even grip it and she fell to the floor as a result.

"This boy doesn't want to get married!"

Victor ran after the ring as it rolled under Lady Everglot's skirt. She gasped in horror as Victor stuck his hand inside of it before cheerfully pulling the ring out. 

"Excuse me. Got it."

(Y/N) would have laughed at the expression on Lady Everglot's face but was stopped from doing so when she realized what had happened. Victor had forgotten the candle he had been holding before he dove for the ring. He left the candle on the floor and it lit Lady Everglot's dress on fire.

She screeched it terror, her legs shaking to try and put the flames out. Everyone stared in horror and immediately began to panic.

"Out of the way, you ninny!" Lord Everglot growled as he pushed Victor away, in a very harsh manner, and began stomping at the fire to try and put it out.

That, however, did absolutely nothing as he missed with every stomp. The butler scuttled closer to see the severity of the situation and awaited orders, while Mr Van Dort freaked out.

Pastor Galswells looked on at the chaos, his expression holding nothing but exasperation. He had no hopes left for this union, even when it was just a rehearsal, and snapped his book shut.

Victor and Victoria looked to one another, both holding fear and worry in their eyes. Though they both were worried about Lady Everglot and if there would be anyone to put out the fire, in the back of their minds, they worried about what this meant for their future.

"Oh, I hope it doesn't stain." Nell uttered, as she wildly fluttered her fan at the flames.

"Stop fanning it, you fool!" Lady Everglot exclaimed, smacking the woman's fan away from her while her husband continued to stomp at the flames.

(Y/N), who up until this point was also panicking with everyone else, heard her mother call out for a bucket. She assumed it was for a bucket filled with water and her eyes roamed around for anything like that. Her eyes zeroed in on the cup of wine on the pastor's table and raced to grab it.

But, before her fingers could twist around it, another hand shot out and snatched it up. She watched as Lord Barkis held out the cup and tipped its contents out onto the flames, extinguishing it in a matter of seconds.

He smirked triumphantly, throwing the cup over his shoulder and Emil caught it with a serving tray. They all stared at Lord Barkis in wonder and amazement but (Y/N) could only glare. She didn't know why but that man rubbed her the wrong way. Maybe it was his smug attitude or his well-kept attire or his face...his extremely punchable face.

Before anyone had a chance to do anything else, the pastor barged through the crowd and dramatically yelled out, "Enough! This wedding cannot take place until he is properly prepared!"

They all slowly turned to gaze at Victor who looked at them in fear. (Y/N) watched as everyone turned on him and her heart bled for her brother. It just didn't seem fair.

"Young man, learn. Your. Vows."

Everyone stared at him, with glares harsher than a storm and colder than ice. All except Victoria and (Y/N), who gazed at him with worry.

But Victor only took their gazes as more pressure. As judgement and disdain. He stepped back in panic, hitting his back against the door. He fumbled for the doorknob before throwing the door open and running out as fast as he could.

Victoria cupped a hand over her mouth, concern swirling in her doe-like eyes. She truly had not wanted Victor to go and she hoped that, whatever had just occurred, it wouldn't mean that he would be gone forever. She had just gotten to know him and, even in such a short span of time, she genuinely liked him.

"Well, he's quite the catch, isn't he?" Barkis snarkily commented.

(Y/N) turned to glare at him, clenching her fists to the point where her nails dug into her palms. "Oh, stuff your shirt down your throat and choke on it, Lord Butt-Kiss."

Her mother gasped in horror at her unladylike language but couldn't say much as (Y/N) stormed her way out of the room, glaring at everyone as she passed them. She turned to give one last narrowed look to them all but, as soon as her gaze landed on Victoria, her glare faltered. She gave the young woman a look of reassurance, giving a silent promise that things will turn out better than they had, before slamming the door shut and running after her brother.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 3.4K 33
❴ 𝙍𝙊𝙊𝙈𝙈𝘼𝙏𝙀 ❵ - ❝ but I think for as long as we're together I'll be the only heartbreaker ❞ in which you are shrimping over pretty streamer...
27.5K 522 35
Your Y/n L/n who moved to New York City after your mother passed away, only to look for a job that your roommate fixed you up since she was sick, you...
2.6K 132 16
- 𝙉𝙤𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙚, 𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙡𝙮 𝙢𝙪𝙩𝙚 𝙬𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙘𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙥𝙖𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣, 𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙪𝙡𝙞𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙝𝙞𝙙𝙙�...
13.8K 458 10
"I-is that.. blood on you..?!" You stepped back, a horrified expression on your face you felt like you were going to puke. Your eyes look behind Seba...