Accepting The Game of Revenge...

De WintersOdair

Book 2 in the Finnick Odair X OC 'Accepting' series. Finnick Odair X OC "You'll never know what twists the Ga... Mai multe

Introduction
We Know the Stars, We Know the Game
One Last Time
I Want Answers
Lamb To The Slaughter
Sorry, Not Sorry
Author's Note
Sad Bitch, Bad Bitch
Third and Final
The Bald Hard Truth
Brutus
Haymitch
Enobaria
Finnick
Nero
Johanna
Cato
Clio
The Mockingjay
Author's Note

From a Whisper to a Scream

124 4 72
De WintersOdair

12 July 75PD

"So besides Clio and Cato, who's left?" Katniss questions, looking around at the group

"Maybe Chaff. Just those three." Peeta shrugs.

"They know they're outnumbered. I doubt they'll attack again." Finnick explains.

"I wouldn't count on that being a definite Finnick. Clio hates Katniss and will do anything to make sure she's the one to kill her." Johanna looks up to Finnick.

"Whilst that is true, Cato won't let her risk her life. We're safe here on the beach."

"So what do we do? Hunt them down?" Johanna pushes.

Before anyone has the chance to answer the woman, a faint scream can be heard, and everyone looks into the jungle beside them.

"Katniss, help me!" Luna recognises the voice as Katniss' younger sister, Prim.

"Prim?" Katniss' face drops as she screams, jumping to her feet and running towards the jungle. "Prim!"

"No." Finnick exclaims as the rest of the group follow the girl.

"Prim!"

"Katniss! Katniss, wait!" Finnick shouts, gradually catching up with the girl.

Katniss continues screaming out for her sister as she races through the overgrown leaves and bushes of the jungle, the girl's scream still echoing out, mocking her. The Girl on Fire then comes to a stop in an opening and looks around the air above her frantically. "Prim!"

As Katniss hears her name screamed once more, her eyes focus on a bird flying in circles above her. She quickly loads an arrow into her bow, aiming it at the bird, then fires. The arrow hits the bird, making the screaming stop and the bird hits the ground with a thud.

"Katniss!" Finnick shouts, running up to the girl. As he reaches her, a confused look crosses his face and he questions, "You okay?"

Another scream rings out, this time calling Finnick's name. Luna recognises it, but can't quite put her finger on whose voice it is. Suddenly, she feels like all the eyes in the room are on her, so she turns and sees everyone looking at her. That is when she realises it's her. It's her that is screaming in the arena.

"Finnick-"

Luna snaps her head back to the scream and sees Finnick pushing past Katniss, running further into the jungle. "Luna!"

"No it's not her-" Katniss reasons, following the man.

"Luna!" The man screams desperately, causing tears to pool in Luna's eyes. "Luna! Luna!"

"Finnick, it's not her!" Katniss growls as she gets closer to the man, her voice hoarse from screaming. "It's just a Jabberjay, it's not her."

"Luna? I know you're mad at the man but did you seriously record your screams for them to use as Mutts?" Haymitch calls from across the room.

Luna turns to face the man angrily, tears slowly rolling down her cheeks, and spits "You actually think I'd do that? God I could hate him more than anyone in this world and I'd never do that. I'm not that fucking horrible."

"Come on, Haymitch. You know none of us would do that." Enobaria snaps, defending the District 4 girls.

"You heard what Finnick just said. Jabberjays copy." Haymitch challenges.

"It's possible that it's just some random person's voice that's been manipulated and put through programming to sound like them." One of mentor's from District 3 explains. "It's something most of us have learned to do by the time we're 12."

Seemingly satisfied with the explanation, Haymitch turns back to his screen. Luna quickly puts her middle finger up at this back before turning to her screens. As her eyes refocus on the screen, she sees a swarm of Jabberjays attacking Katniss and Finnick as they attempt to run away. Three separate voices can be heard now, the third being that of a man, but Luna is unsure who the voice belongs to.

Crying harder, Luna places her hand on her screen in an attempt to comfort Finnick, and herself. A small gasp leaves her lips as she sees Katniss run into an invisible barrier and fall to the floor whilst Peeta tries in vain to reassure her. Finnick kneels beside her and the pair both cover their ears, desperate to block out the sound of their loved ones in despair.

Luna watches for a full hour as Katniss screams, and Finnick stares blankly ahead. Her eyes do not leave the screen at all, no matter how many times Brutus and Enobaria attempted to get her to leave, claiming she shouldn't have to sit through it. With each attempt, Luna would simply shrug them away or mutter the word "no", not wanting to leave in case the situation escalates.

"It's over. It's okay. They're gone." Peeta speaks softly as he touches Katniss' back. "The hour's gone. The hour's up. It's all right."

Katniss gasps heavily as she feels the contact on her back and shoots up into a sitting position. "Prim! Find Prim!" She speaks breathlessly.

"No, no. Prim's Okay."

"Are you okay?" Johanna whispers, crouching down and putting her face close to Finnick's.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm fine." Finnick whispers back, holding his hand up to dismiss the girl.

"Okay? They won't touch Prim. All right?" Peeta explains in an effort to reassure his 'fiancée'.

"Your fiancé's right. The whole country loves your sister. If they tortured her or did anything to her, forget the districts, there would be riots in the damn Capitol." Johanna explains, smirking towards the end. She then begins to speak again, her voice getting louder, "Hey, how does that sound, Snow?" She begins to look around, "What if we... what if we set your backyard on fire? You know, you can't put everybody in here." Her four allies look at her with confused and concerned expressions on their faces. "What? They can't hurt me. There's no one left that I love."

Luna can't help but laugh through her tears at Johanna's bluntness. If you needed anyone to speak honestly and not give two shits about the consequences.

"She shouldn't have done that..." Haymitch mutters.

"Why not? What are they going to do, punish her? Face it, Haymitch, they already are punishing her. They're punishing all of them by putting them in there again." Luna finally snaps. "And they're punishing us by making us mentor people we view as family. So leave Johanna the fuck alone."

"Okay I think that's enough... Luna, come sit over here." Brutus cuts in before the argument can escalate, and pulls up a spare chair so the girl can sit between him and Enobaria.

The redhead slams her hands on the table as she stands and begins to walk over to the pair. "If anyone else makes fucking stupid comments about my friends, I swear to God I will break your nose worse than Ven's. Am I understood?"

Everyone murmurs in response as the girl sits with the District 2 mentors. As she sits, Luna tucks her chair in between the pair and smiles. "So how are my parents today?"

"Parents?" Enobaria laughs, "Please don't make me feel old, Luna."

"I don't speak to my parents often, you two act more like family than they do so you're my parents. I've already called Brutus dad, so many as well call you mom too. Oh wait, maybe I should be calling Gloss dad seeing as you two slept together." Luna jokes.

"It was one time!" Enobaria laughs, shoving the girl's arm softly. "If we're bringing up our old ventures, maybe we should discuss when Cato walked in on you and Finnick having sex in the toilets at Talia's."

Luna laughs, recalling the event in her mind like it was yesterday.

The instant that Luna feels Finnick's touch at the base of her spine, she becomes so focused on how nice his hand feels against her that she barely even registers the sheer number of people surrounding them in the Capitol nightclub. She wasn't particularly happy with the short dress with the open back that her stylists had chosen for her earlier in the night, but with the way his hand warms up the small of the back to guide her through the crowd to the nearest bathroom, she sure was happy with it now. If any other guy, victor or sleazy Capitol patron alike, was dragging Luna into the bathroom of the clubs of the Capitol with the intention of fucking her, then she'd probably be freaking out as she thinks about the easiest way to hurt him enough to get him to release her from his grasp. But this is Finnick.

Their pace quickens as Finnick's hand rubs small circles discreetly on Luna's back, the pale blue dress adorning the girl's frame shimmering in the light as they attempt to move towards the bathroom; to avoid the watchful eyes of the rich sponsors and citizens present at the victor's event before the seventy-third annual Hunger Games begins in three days time. Shuffling through the hoards of people is a task easier said than done as Luna locates the neon bathroom signs, trying to decide which they would be less likely to be caught in before Finnick guides her towards a private, single stall.

He shoves her roughly into the small stall, slamming the door closed with his free arm, but in their frenzy neither of them bother to check the lock on the inside of the door as soon as it was closed, Finnick is all over her, pressing her into the marble tiled wall with his hands roaming the expanse of her bare back and his lips pressed aggressively against hers.

Luna brings one of her hands to the back of Finnick's neck, tugging at the golden brown curls at the nape, causing him to moan into her mouth and pull away ever so slightly. "You're driving me crazy the way you're dancing out there, red. Been dying to get you alone all night so that I can touch you properly."

His right hand roams down her sides to rest on her thighs momentarily, reaching the hem of her dress just above her knees before he slides it upwards and sees the tiny scrap of lace she's wearing underneath. As that hand dips between her legs, deft fingers making quick work of her clit, his left hand comes to cup at her breast and makes her squeal at the sensation of him pinching at her nipple. His fingers roll over her body so softly, so slowly, totally opposite to the way he has been speaking to her all night, to the filthy words he's been whispering into her ear all night when no one was around. Letting his thumb take over, he slips a single finger inside her and makes Luna's eyes flicker closed as her skin heats up.

Finnick's larger body traps Luna against the wall, bodies pressed chest to chest as he adds another finger into her and moves his hand faster. When a muffled whine works its way past her lips and she pulls harder at the stray hairs at the nape of his neck, Finnick leans close to her ear and asks her, "oh, does that feel good, honey?"

Luna struggles to speak, her voice strangled as Finnick's fingers pick up the pace again as her mewls bounce off the expensive looking tile. "Fuck, Finnick," she whines, "need you to, fuck–"

Finnick hums out a laugh as his thumb rubs faster circles, "Oh you need me to fuck you in this pretty baby blue dress?"

"Yeah, I– yes, please." Luna keens, "I'll let you do whatever you want to me."

'Is that so?" Finnick taunts her before his lips fly to her neck, teeth nipping at the skin as his tongue laps at the marks soothingly and he breathes in sweet floral notes of her perfume. Luna manages to nod as her fingernails are rooted in Finnick's shoulders as she pushes her chest out into him, arching her back from the wall.

Luna's chest heaves as she lets out a string of strangled noises, as Finnick slows his fingers to a stop, moving both of his hands to the straps of her dress and exposing the skin of her shoulders, folding the top of the dress down and trailing his lips down her neck towards her breast before his hands continue their journey downwards. He squeezes at her waist briefly before he gathers the silk hem of her dress and ruches it around her hips. He guides Luna to the sink quickly, letting her fingers grasp the edges of the marble sink that stands underneath the bright led light flickering in the corner. Finnick leans closer, towering over Luna and pressing his front up against her back. The redhead watches through the mirror as he concentrates on undoing his expensive leather belt and zipping down the black suit trousers just enough to free himself, hissing as the cold air of the bathroom washes over him.

"You're going to watch yourself get fucked in the mirror." Finnick says, meeting her gaze in the reflection. "We've only got so much time before they come looking for us, so tell me how you want it."

He spits in his palm as extra lubrication before lining himself up, making Luna mewl when she feels him move his hips against hers. The man lets out a groan behind Luna, head rolling back with his eyes shut as she watches him in the mirror, holding the dress in one hand whilst the other moves around to grope at her chest.

"Slow and deep, honey?" Finnick asks quietly as he slows his pace down for a moment before speaking again. "Or, hard and fast?" He picks up his pace, making Luna cry out in pleasure as her body jolts forward against the sink with each thrust before he stills inside her.

"Hard. Please." Luna whines, sounding desperate as she wishes he would move again. Finnick slides his hands up to grab at Luna's chin, forcing her to make eye contact with him through the mirror. In the heat of the moment, both of them completely ignore the steps approaching the bathroom they are in. But when the soft click of the doorknob drew their attention, it was already too late.

"She said harder mate."

Luna's face turns red as she turns to face the sound of the voice that has cut through the breathy moans of the two of them. Finnick lets out a squeak and then freezes up like a statue as soon as he recognises the deep laugh belonging to someone they both know well. Cato. And he's never going to let him live it down. "Yeah, Finnick." Luna probes, "you heard the man, harder."

"Luna." Finnick hisses at her choice of words, the redhead's nonchalant response seeming to embarrass him even more as his face turns an even darker shade of red. Cato's laughter increases in volume as he folds at the waist in hysterics at both the woman's response, and her boyfriend's reaction.

Finnick finally moves, dropping the fabric of Luna's dress to cover the both of them before his hands move to try and cover Luna's breasts from the blonde's view. He turns to face Cato, "will you get the fuck out?"

"It's your own fault for not locking the bathroom." Cato laughs watching as the panic leaves Finnick's face from it only being the newest victor that found them, not any of the others - or even worse, one of the higher ups from the Capitol. "I'm pretty sure it's only supposed to hold one person at a time, which is why I came in. Sick of the people trying to get me to sleep with them and I actually could really do with a piss but instead I've found the funniest thing I've seen all week."

"I'm glad this is amusing to you," Finnick huffs, trying to manoeuvre the folded top half of the redhead woman's dress so that it rests against her chest as it is supposed to. "Now please leave before you see any more of Luna than you have to. I don't want to have to kill you."

Even Luna stifles a laugh at her boyfriend's words.

"I thought we had something here. And now you want to kill me? Not cool, man."

"Are you drunk?" Finnick asks, raising an eyebrow in confusion at Cato.

"Not drunk enough for this." Cato's shoulders shake with the intensity of his laugh, finding Finnick funnier by the second. "It's funny you think you'd be able to kill me. You're old and washed up, Odair."

"Look–" Luna cuts the two men off. "Can we have this conversation another time? Maybe when Finnick isn't still inside me and my boobs aren't out for whoever else walks into the bathroom next?"

"I've seen boobs before Luna."

"Yes, but they're your girlfriend's boobs. Not mine." Luna says, watching as Finnick's eyes widen before he turns her around and practically throws himself over her body. "Unless you want me to tell her?"

"No. Not until afterwards. I am not going to be the reason for her distraction. Besides, I didn't win my games just to get a knife between my eyes for seeing parts of you I never wanted to see." Cato answers.

"Then please leave and let us finish before I bribe Enobaria into telling Clio the morning she enters the arena." Luna's tone of voice is sweet and light, a direct comparison to the threat she just delivered.

"Alright, alright. I'm leaving." Cato's hands fly up in surrender as he turns towards the door with a laugh. "But hey, maybe learn how locks work before trying again."

"Listen I might be really fucking mad at him, and he may have never loved me, but it was a good shag. Plus Cato's reaction was priceless." The redhead laughs.

"Okay one, ew. I don't need to hear about your sex life, I hear about Clio and Cato enough, or just hear it." Enobaria scrunches her face up briefly, "And two, Finnick can tell you he didn't love you all he wants, but everyone knows that's a lie. Anyone with eyes can see that boy loved you with his whole being."

"Let's talk about something other than Finnick, please." Luna pleads. "Maybe we can talk about how Clio is throwing food at Cato?" The girl laughs as she points to the screen.

On the screen, the trio can see that Clio is currently sitting in a tree, above Cato who is sitting on the ground. Enobaria has just sent the pair some food through their sponsor system, and Clio has already thrown a container of water and clear packet of Jerky down towards the man, and she now has a fist full of various nuts from a trail mix and is dropping them, one by one, onto the crown of the boy's head. Eventually, the girl throws the trail mix container onto the floor, and Cato finally looks up at the girl, feigning outrage.

"Are you done throwing food at me?"

The girl smirks and throws the bread rolls from the care package at the boy, then fakes a sweet smile and says, "Unfortunately I have nothing left to throw."

"Then will you please just come down so we can eat?" Cato questions.

"Is she fucking kidding? I decide to be nice and send them food, and she throws it at him." Enobaria scoffs, trying to disguise the fact that she is amused by the scene that had just unfolded.

"To be fair, they just had a fight and they can't work it out like they usually do, so throwing food is probably her release." Brutus shrugs.

"How do they usually work it out?" Luna questions. The pair stare at her, raising an eyebrow each and waiting for it to click in the girl's mind. "OH!" Luna laughs, "I mean they could do that. The Capitol would love it. Plus Enobaria and I have both seen them have sex, they don't care if people see."

"I... don't even know how to respond to that, Luna." Brutus sighs, suppressing a laugh.

The trio all look back to the screens as the anthem begins. The screens flick to show the sky, and the Capitol seal appears before changing to show Cashmere's face.

"It's so weird knowing Cash is gone... Gloss too. I know I wasn't the closest with them so I can't even imagine how you guys feel..." Luna speaks as Cashmere's face changes to Gloss' in the projection. "Oddly, I'm just glad they went together. Gloss looked terrified."

"Yeah..." Enobaria whispers.

Gloss' face then changes to Wiress' and her face shows for a short while before changing to Mags'. Brutus and Enobaria each hold one of Luna's hands as the elderly woman's face shows, hoping to comfort her in a little way.

"She was so proud of you, Luna. She always spoke to us about how much you'd changed into a beautiful young woman." Enobaria smiles.

"You think Finnick did it?" Cato asks Clio.

"I've said it before and I'll say it again. That boy has two brain cells and they fight for third place. He really thinks Finnick out of anyone in there would be the one to kill Mags?" Luna giggles awkwardly.

"He's probably just trying to fill the silence. They didn't want Mags to die either." Brutus squeezes Luna's hand gently.

Feeling a wave of sadness from seeing Mags' face in the sky, Luna slowly stands up and walks to the kitchenette. "God I hate these fucking games!" The redhead shouts and throws a glass at the wall. There is a loud popping noise, followed by glass shattering and falling onto the marble counter below. Luna can hear feet shuffling behind her, so turns around and comes face to face with Haymitch.

"Sweetheart-" He begins,

"Please- don't call me that." Luna scrunches her face up, the nickname reminding her of Snow.

"Sorry... Luna... I can't even begin to imagine how hard this is for you. Mags was like a grandmother to you, and now she's gone. None of us here can imagine the pain you're feeling, and typically, the Luna we know would break down. She'd leave the room and sit in her own sadness and pain alone. But Mags, she helped shape you into the woman you are now, a woman who allows herself to get angry instead of cry. So scream, smash things, lord hit me if you want. Be you and show your pain because that is okay."

Luna begins to clench her fists, but Haymitch shakes his head and pushes a glass across the counter in the girl's direction. She gives the man a small smile before throwing it against the wall again, and letting out an angry scream.

"Better?" Haymitch smiles.

Luna nods as she steps towards the man and embraces him. "Much better. Thank you, Haymitch. And I'm sorry."

"Don't be. I deserved it." He nods. "Just... Please can we be better now?"

"Yes. Not back to normal... but better."

"That's fine by me." He smiles. "Want a drink?"

"God yes."

The man chuckles and gets two glasses out of a cupboard before pouring whiskey into both of them. Meanwhile, Luna begins to pick up the bigger pieces of shattered glass with her hands.

"Luna I swear to God if you're picking that up with your hands I'll slap you silly." Haymitch chuckles.

"Sorry." Luna laughs, dropping the pieces she had collected and getting a dustpan and brush to clean up the mess she had made.

"Good girl." The man chuckles, handing the girl a drink.

"Woof." Luna rolls her eyes, causing Haymitch to laugh as she sips the beverage.

——————————

Clutching her freshly made cup of tea, Luna sits on the couch with her knees up to her chest. Given that she is still a mentor for District 4 despite her anger towards Finnick, she still needs to be aware of what is happening in the games. Luckily for her, Finnick is allied with Katniss, and the general coverage broadcast by the Capitol is of Katniss, so she switches the tv on and watches her tribute. She decides that listening without sound is the best option, and so presses the mute button on the control and places it on the table in front of her. A small period of time passes before the elevator dings, signifying someone has entered her floor. The girl jumps, not expecting any visitors as Ven is on watch duty.

A feminine laugh echoes from behind her, and she quickly turns to see who has entered her floor. "It's funny, Augustus came for his watch and it was my turn to go to rest, yet I clicked your floor's button."

"Topaz," Luna smiles, her body relaxing at the sight of the woman, "Come sit. I mean unless you actually want to go rest."

The woman sits beside the redhead on the couch and sighs, "I'll stay for a bit. I just wanted to come see you after what you've seen today."

"Thank you, Topaz. I really do appreciate it." The younger girl nods.

The pair spend some time talking, and along the way it changes from just two victors talking, to the girls flirting with one another slightly. Topaz reaches her hand up and places it on Luna's jawline softly, "I've never really noticed your freckles before, Luna. They're really nice." As she speaks, she gently places her thumb on Luna's lower lip and ever so slightly pulls it down.

"Topaz..." Luna whispers, her breaths shallowing. "Either kiss me or stop flirting. Please?" She pleads

Topaz smirks and leans forward, placing her own lips on the girl's. The kiss is gentle to begin with, but then becomes more desperate and rough. Topaz places her hands on Luna's waist, whilst Luna's hands weave their way into the girl's hair, pulling on it softly.

"Are we actually doing this?" Topaz whispers, pulling away from the kiss and placing her forehead on Luna's.

"Yes... but let's go to my room. If Enobaria or Brutus come up and see this they'll flip." Luna laughs. Topaz nods in agreement and stands, pulling Luna up with her.

——————————

When Topaz has left, Luna takes a quick shower to get rid of the scent of sex that seems to be surrounding her. She then uses one of the Capitol's inventions which dries her hair within minutes. Still longing for some relief from the hellish day, she decides to get herself ready and head out to a club. Regardless to say, Topaz was not the only person that Luna slept with that night, and she definitely had some stories to tell.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

108K 2.3K 38
It's the 100th Hungergames and the Quarter Quell twist; the pool of tributes shall be reaped from the descendants of Victors. Can Victoria Mason mak...
296K 6.4K 22
This is an AU of sorts so not everything is like the movie/book Finnick Odair and Y/n Y/l/n are both Victors of former hunger games. Not to mention b...
286K 6.6K 33
❝We were so in love, yet apprehensive about it, we never got to live.❞ The winner of the 68th Hunger Games, Ella Rose White is ready for revenge when...
6.2K 171 35
𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘'𝐋𝐋 𝐉𝐔𝐌𝐏 𝐎𝐅𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐋𝐄𝐃𝐆𝐄 𝐓𝐎𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑. What District 2 victor, Saffron Creek, and prodigy, Finnick Odair, share is the v...