Fell In A Concrete Jungle (Ni...

By BadOmensStan

(COMPLETED) What do you do when you don't know who to trust? When things get messy, who do you turn to? Is it... More

Warnings:
1: The start.
2: The introduction
3: First day out.
4: Barging in.
5: Takeout
6: New phone, who's this?
7: File
8: Late for the meeting.
9: Rip out the wings of a butterfly
10: Breakfast
11: Wounds
Important authors note:
12: 911.
13: I miss you when-
14: Friends (18+)
15: I don't want to. . .
16: Training
17: Let me help you.
18: Ready for more.
19: Danger at The Grey.
21: Sweet Dreams (18+)
22: Steam (18+)
23: Betrayed.
24: One thing at a time
25: A mission.
Fell in a Concrete Jungle.
Sequel.

20: S.T.O.R.M (TW INCLUDED)

188 17 12
By BadOmensStan

Trigger warning: This chapter will contain assault; all readers discretion has been advised.

Authors note: Photo of what Gemma is wearing is above. Happy reading friends! We are almost to the halfway point of this story.

~Gemma's POV:~

"What the fuck did you just do" Jolly asked, stepping forward after putting the safety back on his weapon.

My head spun from the adrenaline that was coursing through my veins, Nicholas stepping forward grabbing my chin with his fingers, forcing me to look into those blazing blue eyes, in the second of seeing his eyes I noticed the specks of green in there, but regardless his eyes were cold as a storm brewed within him. "What the fuck did you just do, Gemma, what the fuck are you doing here?" he growled my chin still in his hands.

"I wanted to help, I heard the siren and I panicked" not even looking at Noah, I knew what he was thinking. "I locked your wife in the basement of the coffee shop, she is safe. . . Can you let go of me?" I said not looking away from those storms filled eyes.

He let out a frustrated sigh as he pushed himself away from me. "You could have gotten yourself fucking killed Gemma, if you heard that siren it doesn't mean run the fucking streets, it means stay where the hell you are and fucking hide." Nicholas was angry and his voice was showing it.

"In all fairness, no one told her about the siren" Folio piped in, I looked at him with appreciation.

"Don't you dare defend her, Folio" Nick pointed at him.

"Everyone shut the fuck up!" Noah snapped, earning all of us to shut our mouths and look at him. "Right now, we are going to the coffee shop, getting my wife, and going home that isn't me just telling you as a friend, that is me ordering it. Gemma sealed her deal with Aaron, and it isn't something we can just take back because we don't want her to do it, he will kill her if he doesn't get his end of the deal and we all know it." The word hit me like a train, he'd kill me.

Following them down the streets, we had a siren blaring that it was safe for the people to come out now, following them into the shop as shutters rose from Noah's app on his phone. He heard banging on the other end of the door as he pushed the chair away, sliding the lock to open and swinging the door open for Helen who stood there, panting for a few moments. Her eyes looked at Noah, before they saw me—I was expecting her to start screaming at me almost like Nicholas had, but it never came. Helen barrelled into me, hugging me so tight I was stunned for a moment before hugging her back. "Don't ever scare me like that again, do you understand me?" she said pulling away from the hug, tears in my eyes I could only nod my head. Her eyes caught glimpse of the blood on my white shirt, "let's get you cleaned up" she sat me down at the table as she got to work, the cut wasn't deep enough to need stitches thankfully but we did wrap it so nothing would get into the wound.

When we got back to the compound, I had gotten a dress sent from my fathers' place, Jolly agreeing to meet Graham at the door as he accepted the outfit I needed for tonight. Aaron wanted less clothes; he would get less clothes.
Nicholas stood in the corner of the room as I began my makeup, it was a winged liner look that suited my green eyes well and a deep lipstick that made me look dangerous. "Say it, Nick" I said examining him from the mirror I stood in front of.

"How fucking stupid, you are going on a date with Aaron, Gemma this isn't fun and games—he is dangerous, he will hurt you if you give him the chance."

"Then I won't give him the chance, you taught me how to fight back, if he touches me I will fight back" it wasn't a lie, if he tried harming me I would use what I was taught these last few weeks.

Nicholas stepped forward, "you could have been killed, Gemma, don't ever run in like that again" he said, crossing his arms.

Noting the worry in his eyes, I looked at him. "I was worried about you, I got scared and I thought you were going to be hurt. . ." his eyes softened.

He let out a sigh, "You can't. . ." he licked his lips, "you can't just run in like that, you need to remember I have been doing this for a long time, I know how to handle myself." His voice wasn't as tough as before, but the worry that laced his voice told me he wasn't ready to let this go easily.

~Nicholas's POV: ~

Gemma was getting ready in our room for her date with Aaron, my heart still thundered in my chest from the nerves. We weren't allowed in the building with them, but we would be in the van listening in to their conversation, listening in case something did go wrong, and she needed us. There was no way in hell I was leaving her to fully defend on her own, not in this lifetime.
Noah stepped up beside me at the bar, his fingers dancing along the wooden tabletop as he looked at everything beside me, "she cares about you Nick" he said, reminding me of the words he used that day in his office that some-time back.

"She needs to not care about me so much" I said finishing my drink, it wasn't even alcohol—I needed to be sharp for tonight in case anything went wrong.

Noah shrugged his shoulders, he wore jeans and a dark shirt, his tattoos showing like the stories of where he had been. "I don't think she can help it, Helen mentioned their morning together, she chose Gemma as her maid of honour for when this shit show is all done and we can finally get married" he chuckled at the thought, he was looking forward to that day, I think we all were as it has been such a long time.

"When this is all done, she is going to go back to her father and most likely pretend we never existed, and you know it." But the words tasted foul as I said them.

Noah glanced at me; brow raised as if calling me out on my bullshit. "She is nothing like him, and you know it" he looked to see as Gemma stepped out of our room, my jaw couldn't help but open as she stepped into the room, Helen following along with a smile on her face.

Gemma wore a black spaghetti strap dress that barely covered her body, suppose she was taking the less clothing seriously. The front of the dress barely covered her breasts as they threatened to spill from the sides, the back of the dress was exposed all the way down to just above her ass, exposing the paleness of her smooth back—the dress had slits on either side, showing off the hip dips she had, the hips I wanted to grab in my dreams as my tongue—I let the thought slide away before I doomed myself, she wore a thong—we knew that much as Helen proclaimed it. "She does have a thong on, so don't be thinking she is bare down there" she looked at Folio who let out a wolf whistle.
Her hair was curled beautifully around her, she looked like a goddess no doubt about it, the pins her hair was held by was a crescent moon as well as a few stars.

Even with heels, she was still a few inches shorter than I was as she stepped into the middle of the room. "Do you think Aaron will approve of this?" she looked at all the men in the room.

"If he doesn't, I sure as hell do—my offer from the restaurant still stands" winked Folio as he sipped his own drink.

I wanted to glare at him, but it would blow my cover. "Well, let's get this show on the road" Noah said tapping his watch, reminding us that time was looming over us.

~Gemma's POV: ~

The car ride was near silent; the occasional discussion was made as the others spoke. We were early by ten minutes, as instructed by Noah. Stepping out into the cold air, the curls of my hair blew in the breeze. Nicholas handed me a small earpiece, "put this in your ear, we will be able to hear everything you guys are talking about, and you will be able to hear us—we can help guide you in there" he watched as I took the earpiece placing it in my ear where a few curls I had to frame the front of my face now sat to cover it. "Are you ready?" he asked, was he the nervous one?

"I don't have a choice, it's a sealed deal—I need to go through with it" before turning to the restaurant. Nick hauled me behind the van where the others couldn't see us. "Nick?" I questioned as his hands rested gently on my hips, the exposed part which feeling his skin on mine sent electricity through me, I never knew what this feeling was. My legs wanted to turn to jelly at his touch.

His blue eyes looked the dress over before he looked at me, I could see he was worried, and I could see he wasn't joking around. "Whatever happens, if it gets back in there you leave—do you hear me Nyx?" his voice sounded rushed, as if he was running out of time to tell me all of this.

I could only nod, my lips parted, wanting to tell him I would be fine—but I was going alone into a building with a trained killer. "I'll see you in a bit, try not to miss me too much" not even thinking I had to reach up as I placed a kiss on his cheek, when realizing it, I quickly stepped away as I took a few steps back, his pupils dilated at the sight of the dress on me and part of myself wished it was him I was wearing this for.

"Okay Gemma, it's time head on inside" Noah called from the van.

The others wished me luck as I headed to the door, seeing Nicholas still standing in that same spot, I gave him a small smile before pushing the door open. The warmth of the building engulfing me as the sounds of classical music played, a band. . . He hired a band. My eyes scanned to see Aaron sitting in the middle of the dining room at a round table, he stood up at the sight of me and a smile spread across his face when seeing the outfit of choice. He was here early. "My didn't you deliver on the less clothing part of our deal, let me get a good look at you." My heart thundered.

"Give him a twirl, Gemma" Helen's voice said in the earpiece.

Doing as she said, when I finished, his smile was feral still. "Let's have a seat" he said taking his own seat once more, taking a seat next to him, I crossed my legs over one another exposing more of my thighs which he clearly didn't mind. "So, tell me, what does the princess have to do with the Omens group?" he beckoned the waitress who seemed terrified, she poured us each a glass of wine, her eyes meeting mine before scurrying off.

"You know, that is a good question—after a shooting a few months back, my father decided it was best someone protect me, he chose them as that group" taking a sip of the wine I tried to relax as much as I could. "Why did you buy me a drink that night?"

Aaron leaned back in his own seat—his muscles showing through his dress shirt he wore. "Wanted to treat a pretty lady as if she were normal, surely you don't get a lot of that especially with dear old dad freshly married" he sipped his own wine watching to see if I would give him a reaction.

"Gemma, we have eyes on you. . . I hacked into the camera's; I don't think I am alone in this system, but we have eyes on you." I wanted to shudder with relief as Jolly's voice came through.

"I don't get much of anything these days, not even a choice" it wasn't exactly a lie—the only person who did give me choices was Nicholas. "Why are you so interested in The Grey?" it still confused me as to why people would go to gun violence over it.

He sighed, "the same reason your dad wants it, darling" my heart threatened to stop hearing him say that. "But enough about work, why don't we eat something" he said as the waitress brought over a tray that had a few different meals on it, "I ordered for us while I was waiting for you, but I am sure you will like these ones" he said accepting the steak and assorted vegetables that was placed in front of him.

Taking the chicken breast, we began eating—it felt near impossible to do as my stomach twirled and kicked inside of me screaming at me that this was all wrong. "Another question, princess" he said chewing his food. I gave him a slight nod, and he continued. "Why did you kill Kane?"

My chewing halted and I could hear curses in my earpiece as the others seemed to be panicking a bit. Putting my fork down, I looked at Aaron who seemed to be eagerly awaiting my reply. "I did it because he was going to kill Nicholas if no one stepped in, and if Nicholas was dead I was next."

"Did he say that?"

"Considering he said me being covered in blood was sexy and then delivering my body to my father would send a strong message, I think it was pretty clear." I bit back.

Aaron nodded his head, not even fully caring at the fact I killed one of his men. "Interesting, who knew the princess had it in her, but I bet you are full of surprises just like your mother" he watched as my brows furrowed at that, "that is for another time, enjoy this meal" said Aaron.

We spoke about smaller things, nothing too drastic. Once we were done, he stood up from his seat, smiling as he tossed the money onto the table. "I'd think this went well, don't you" he said as he stepped closer.

"It went as well as I could expect" it was a lie, my heart still thundered thinking any second this could be it. "Goodnight, Aaron." I said.

"Not without a kiss, princess" I froze in place feeling my adrenaline running through the roof at the thought.

Nicholas could be heard in the earpiece this time. "Walk out Gemma, walk out right now. You owe him nothing" he said.

"Goodnight, Aaron" I repeated my words going to take a step forward.
Gasping as a hand wrapped around my wrist, I cried out as I was spun so fast as his other hand grabbed underneath my dress, grip tightening on my ass as he leaned into my ear.

"Stop giving her orders, if you want to talk to me—you know where I am" he said into my ear, "bold to assume you think I wouldn't know" he said as he kissed down my jaw and neck before his mouth found my lips forcing me back against the table as plates crashed to the floor, he laid me on my back looking down at me. "Omens, if you come through that door I will have someone shoot, understood" my eyes widened as I looked around.

Glancing out the window, I could see someone on a rooftop across the street, my emotions screamed knowing who the gun was pointed at and it wasn't Aaron. "Don't come in, he isn't kidding. . . H-he is telling the truth, don't come in" I pleaded as I yanked out the earpiece. "Look, it's out of my ear, just. . . Just let me go okay, you and I had our date, just let me go."

He parted my thighs as he stepped between them. Running his hands along my bare skin as my dress covered my core from him. Once more his lips were on my neck, before they found my lips as his hands roamed everywhere on me, groaning into me as he pressed himself further. This couldn't be happening, this wasn't happening. "I'll never forget hearing you beg for me to let you go, it's like music to my ears" he forced his tongue to tangle with mine before pulling away, clearly flushed as he smiled that same feral smile as the night I first saw him. "But, as you mentioned our date is done. . . I hope you never forget it" and just like that he walked right to the front door before exiting.

My breathing became shallow as the shell shock began to wear off. Laying on the table, I felt exposed to the world as my tears silently slipped from my eyes as the sobs I created never made a noise. Hearing someone rush in, I heard his voice. "Gemma!" Nicholas said rushing over to me, pulling me from laying on the table so I was now sitting on it, he was between my legs like Aaron just was but instead of harming me, he held me as I gripped his jacket sobbing silently into it. "Gemma, breathe, I got you—breathe" he said rubbing my back.

"It was horrible, Nick. . . He almost took the advantage, if he had forced himself more on me I don't know what I could have done, I froze" my voice cracked knowing I couldn't defend myself from Aaron tonight. And that's when the sob finally broke, the sob that sounded almost like a scream as the emotions of tonight had hit me. Kane had assaulted me, and Aaron now also assaulted me.

Cupping my face with his hands, his eyes met mine as he spoke softly. "I wouldn't have let him get that far, when you told us he wasn't lying Folio found the guy who had the gun, if we needed we would have taken him out before coming to get you, but Gemma he will never touch you again, I promise" he said softly.

Not knowing what to say, Nick pulled me into a hug letting me fall completely apart in his arms as I let everything out. And once it was out, he helped me out and back to the compound, the others not daring to say a word knowing one wrong word and I would be a mess all over again.

Going out to the training yard, I didn't care I was in heels as I began the movements I was taught, I needed to feel something, I needed to feel like I was in control—not even knowing when, Nicholas had joined in, and I was now in a hand to hand with him, and it didn't register when I took him down. His hands on my hips as I pressed further down on him, leaning my head all the way back as my hands rested on his chest. This dress should have been for him, when looking at Nick, his eyes were soft as his thumb traced my hips unsure on what he should be down. I kissed his cheek earlier, and in the moment it felt scary, but compared to how this night just went—it almost felt like I could do anything after it. "Thought for a thought?" I asked looking down at him.

"Sure, you first Nyx" he said, his hand still sitting on my hip as if he wanted me to stay there.

My heart felt calm for the first time today since the siren, but it wasn't just that—it was him that made me feel calm even when he was so angry with me, it was him that made me feel safer. "I think you're the only person I feel safest with, my whole life I felt out of place. . . My mom told me one day I would feel safe within it and when I did she said it might scare me at the start which she wasn't wrong but she also told me when I felt safe I needed to stay with what made me feel safe" his eyes sparkled in the moonlight that bathed us, "I feel safe with you, Nick" I didn't know if he even heard me, but the words were there. "Your turn, thought for a thought" I reminded him.

His eyes never left mine, but the way he looked at me warmed my cheeks. "You look beautiful in the moonlight" he said leaving me surprised.
In that moment, it was a battle to not lean down and kiss him. Instead, I carefully got off of him, his eyes never leaving me as I extended my hand for him.

"One more round, I bet I could whoop your ass again in heels" I said wanting to bring in the remark of playfulness.

Accepting my hand, instead of helping himself back up to his feet, he just yanked me back down on top of him, his hands on my back and hip as he whispered in my ear, "I'd like to see you try, princess."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

385K 14.5K 40
The rich kid with a perfect life is challenged to make the bad boy with a bad temper fall in love with him - and things get messy when he finds himse...
3.6K 239 21
SEQUEL TO: Fell In a Concrete Jungle. Gemma finds herself in new danger after the events of her father. Her whole life has felt like a lie, and the p...
27.6K 1.7K 43
A compassionate nurse and a hardheaded playboy are locked in a battle of wills. Will she get through to him on time? When Kit Hart takes a job as a...
20.2K 409 26
¡¡enemies to lovers!!