21: Sweet Dreams (18+)

Trigger warning: This chapter contains (some) smut at the beginning.

~Gemma's POV:~

The music flowed through me; I wore the dress I had on when I made the deal with Aaron. I was in a ballroom full of people who all huddled trying to speak to my father—but I didn't hover around him like I usually did, instead I flowed with the music as if it were the blood in my veins.
Warmth cascaded my back, and I didn't need to turn around to know it was Nicholas behind me, his tattooed hands sliding over my hips bringing me closer to him, his lips on my ear as he pressed a small kiss there. "You look beautiful in the moonlight" his words were soft as the floor to ceiling window brought in a flood of moonlight.

Biting my lip, I turned to face him to see we were now the only ones in the room. The crowd never mattered, not when he was around me. Hooking my leg around his waist, he dipped me back until I felt a table beneath my back—confusion as I sat up a tiny bit to see the room was now the restaurant, but even in then it was only us two, music still playing from somewhere but nowhere my eyes could see. Nicholas stood where Aaron once stood, this time there was no fear washing through me, only a heat I didn't know how to explain. "Please, Nicholas. . . I want more" the words were a whisper between us.

His eyes wandered my body as he leaned down to my ear, "you are a virgin, Gemma" he said pressing his lips softly below my ear on a soft spot.

Arching my back into him, his hands slid behind my back as he kissed my neck, was this how it felt? Swirling sensations filled my thoughts as the only thing I could think of was him.
He was always on my mind, even when I didn't want him to be.
"Nicholas, please" I said once more, he began trailing kisses down the front of me before he kneeled there—his eyes burned with a passion I never seen before.

His hands slid from behind my lower back, pushing the delicate fabric of the dress out of the way before he pressed his thumb to the small delicate bead beneath the thong I wore—the sound that came out of me, I never heard from myself. Pleasuring and self-pleasuring wasn't something I ever done, but here he was now on his knees before me.
Feeling his hand stop, I wanted to make sure he was okay but before I could comprehend sitting up, his tongue had replaced where his fingers just were causing me to slam my head back down on the table, silverware rattling in the process. "Nicholas! —" moaning out his name, I went to reach for his hair, only when my fingers reached down, he was no longer there.

Eyes opening, my chest heaved as I looked around the dark room. It was a dream, my body still burned at the dream and how real it felt, the spot between my legs aching wishing it wasn't just a dream. Looking around the room, Nicholas wasn't there anymore, glancing at the time it was late still. Where had he gone? All desire for the friction between my legs had burned out as I stepped out of the bed sliding on a hoodie to keep myself somewhat warm. I preferred wearing the longer night shirts, for some reason it felt more comfortable to me.
But my mind wandered, where was Nicholas?

~Nicholas's POV: ~

Nothing in my life or mind prepared me for hearing her moaning in her sleep, and when she moaned out my name it nearly made me come undone right then and there as I was drawing in my notepad.
My breathing was rapid before I got to the shooting range, where I was the night I had to rub myself out—of course, after hearing her moan my name, I once more rubbed myself out before cleaning myself up.

I was resting my head on the back of the sofa when the door to the range opened, my eyes flew open as Gemma emerged from the doorway. "Nicholas? What are you doing in here?" she wore a hoodie over her nightshirt, but her thighs still showed as she closed the door behind her to keep the cold air out of the building.

Sitting in the dim light, I smirked trying to think of something to say. No way in hell was I going to admit that her moaning my name in her sleep turned me on and nearly had me blowing right there, the urge I fought to wake her up and just have her was nearly impossible. "Relaxing, why are you awake?" asking as she plopped herself beside me, her citrus body wash wafting over my senses as she sat close enough—she had showered before falling asleep.

She curled her legs beside her as she played with the hem of her shirt. "I woke up and you weren't there. . . Thought I'd come see where you were" she didn't even look at me, and part of me wondered if she knew the blush on her cheeks was burning bright enough where even the dim light couldn't hide it. "Why are you out here at two in the morning?" she questioned, once more not even looking at me.

The words circled my head, I wanted to lay her out on this couch and just show her how a man should treat her, but my hands clenched at my side as I looked around for any form of excuse. "I was thinking of shooting a few rounds" yeah, that was an understatement after hearing her tonight.

She looked at the range not far from where the small rec area we were in was. Her chest rose and fell before she looked at me. "Teach me, we're both awake right now" my heart wanted to stop when she said those words, I didn't know if she was truly ready for it.

"Gemma you might not be ready for it, we need to take this slow" her eyes dipped down to my lips before she closed them. Tease her I thought as I got more comfortable in my spot. "So, did you have sweet dreams?" I asked closing my eyes.

Opening one eye when she was taking a moment to respond, I could see her cheeks burning redder, it was cute. "I-I mean they were o-okay, you know normal dreams I suppose" she looked down at her hands trying to play it off.

Got her. "What did you dream of?" leaning back further in the sofa, I leaned my head back closing both my eyes once more.

Part of me could have sworn I heard her under her breath saying it was me she dreamed of, but she just kept quiet. She let out a sigh as she rested her head on my chest, usually I would push anyone away, but I couldn't—not with her, I wanted to lie with her and tell her everything I knew but if she knew everything I did, there was no way she would ever trust me again. Wrapping my arm around her to keep her somewhat warm and close to me, it wasn't long before we both were slumbering beside one another.

~Gemma's POV: ~

"Don't they make a cute pair" a voice said stirring me from my slumber. I was comfortable, not even wanting to open my eyes.

"I mean, they do but how she is comfortable on him is beyond me, he's like a rock" it was Folio I was hearing.

"Nick, Jolly shut the fuck up" said Nicholas who was stirring from his own slumber.

"We wanted to tell you we are headed out, we will be back in two days—Noah is with Helen, it'll be you two for two days most likely, Noah is trying to get a hold of Aaron to talk about business" my eyes wanted to open but the comfort kept me lulled enough.

Nicholas's voice rumbled through me, "good for you guys, shut up, be safe and let me sleep."

One of them laughed, "sure thing, see ya'" and just like that it was silence again.

Feeling frustrated the peace was disturbed, I could hear a heart beating beneath my ears as I fluttered my eyes open to see we were no longer sleeping how we were. I was on top of Nicholas, his arms wrapped around me to keep me in place as we laid on the sofa in the shooting range. Moving my head gently, I looked up to see his eyes still closed. The comfort of him holding me made me not want to move, "take a picture, princess it will last longer" my eyes widened when he said that before his blue eyes opened. It was breath taking, his blue had speckles of green shining through, when he was angry or annoyed they looked like a stormy sea but when he was comfortable it was like the storm subsided and left this blue that swallowed everything within, the green sparkled through as if it was trying to show me his eyes were in a rainforest.

"I'm sorry, am I hurting you" I said as he groaned once, shifting slightly.

"No—no you're fine, Gemma" he said hurriedly as he looked at me.

Nodding my head, I still sat up getting myself from him. The clock on the wall read it was almost noon which had me doing a double take. "It's almost noon, I am going to get dressed and then I will be back for those range lessons" before he could say anything I rushed out of there.

Changing into something comfortable for the day, I brushed the tangles out of my hair not minding the left-over makeup that wouldn't come off my eyes. Heading back to the shooting range, when opening the door, I saw Nicholas standing at the area with a pistol on the table, its clip was out—his eyes looked over at me as his hair was tied back from his face unlike mine. "Are you sure you want to do this?" he asked stepping away from the table.

Stepping up beside him, my stomach clenched at the thought of holding a gun once more. Kane took advantage of me; Aaron also took advantage of me. I never wanted to feel that weak again. "Show me, I never want to be that helpless again" his eyes softened but he only nodded.

For a few hours we went through the safety tips of the gun and the dos and don'ts of it. When we got to the part where I needed to shoot, he stood close behind me as I aimed the weapon at the target, feeling my hands becoming sweaty as the memory threatened to take over my mind once more. Nicholas could tell I was nervous as he stepped so I was flush against his back, "we can try again tomorrow" he whispered in my ear. Shaking my head, I didn't want to stop, if I stopped there was no saying if I would pick this gun up again. "Gemma it's okay, I'm right here" his voice was so gentle it didn't even feel real.

Letting out a deep breath, I pulled the trigger my body still being shocked by the kickback as I stumbled into Nicholas who's hands went instantly on my sides to assure we both didn't fall, putting the safety back on I put the gun on the table as my hands shook from the vibration of the gun. "I did it. . . I did it" I looked at him as he watched me. "Nicholas, I did it, he doesn't have—" I paused feeling the emotions swirl in me, "he doesn't have control over me anymore" the smile that spread on my face as Nicholas not smirking, but a smile on his face too which brought a sense of shock to me. "You're smiling, Nicholas. . . You're not smirking, you're smiling" he went to stop went I stepped forward, "no, keep it, it looks great on you it shows you can be soft after all" but he matched my step as well.

His smile remained as I stepped closer to him, the warmth of him baring into me as I raised my hand to him gently running my fingers over his lips. This felt wrong, but it only felt wrong because I didn't want to ruin what ever this was. His hand grabbed my hand gently causing me to look up at him, and as my eyes met his soft gaze—he leaned down, our lips inches from one another. "You two hungry at all? I got—oh!" Helen's voice rang through the air.

Stepping away from Nicholas, the emotions we had just shared were quickly vanquished.
Brushing my hands on my arms, I looked at Helen who stood there, lips thinned in a line as her eyes darted between the both of us. "I take it you have time before Noah needs you, yeah that sounds great—I was just going to check the green house to make sure everything was good in there" not looking back at Nicholas, I made my way past Helen and into the cold air that needed to help cooldown the heat of my skin.

Did I just ruin my friendship?