QT: Reborn As a Canon Fodder

Af Seleneasha

Tasked in hopping into different anime worlds, Kyoko struggles to earn enough points to save her own. "It's... Mere

ARC 1 Demon Slayer - 1.0
1.2 Final Goodbye
1.3 - Jinxed
1.4 Awake
1.5 Douma
1.6 - Liar's Escape
1.7 - Gyutaro
1.8 - Lady Kyo's Requiem
1.10 - She's Demonic
1.11 - Blood Memories
1.12 - A Fiery Red and Flash of Blue
1.13 - You Left
1.14 - Messenger
1.15 - The Corps
1.16 - Unease
1.17 - Encounters
1.18 - Western Tennin

1.9 - Muse

61 3 0
Af Seleneasha

Managi met a strange girl. 

She was like a doll cut from jade - uncomfortable to hug and cold to the touch. Her emerald eyes evoked memories of his father's gaze when he was found washed ashore. It was a curious twist of fate that the green abyss mirrored the flopping of the salmon they're currently both observing while crouching down.

Those eyes would be great for his next art project.

"Aren't you going to help the fish?" Managi eventually inquired. 

Silence. That has been the answer for the past few minutes. For what seemed like eternity, the salmon that Managi was convinced to be immortal finally flopped back into the waters, swimming away like a riptide. 

"Have you wondered why that fish struggled so desperately to go back to the waters?" The Jade Doll finally spoke. "It's life is so short anyways, what's the point of living longer than it should?"

"What?"

"I forgot you're just a kid."

"HEY! I'm not just some kid!"

"Well, who are you?"

"I'm the great artist Managi! Want to see what I've made?"

Not waiting for an answer, he pulled the jade girl by the sleeve of her kimono, practically dragging her to his "art studio" where he excited flung open the doors.

The house was filthy- cockroaches seem to hiss at the demoness as she followed the kid deeper into the house.

"Here's the storage room!"

He pulled out a vase, and another, then another- the small bedroom was almost practically filled with vases.

"Aren't they great?"

Managi waited for the doll to praise him for his art, however she just silently stared at him.

"Hey, why aren't you speaking? I asked if my vases are great!"

"They're... interesting."

The gaze of the eyes within the vase met the two observers, adorned with centipedes that crawled across them resembling eyelids. As the centipedes intertwined, the eyes appeared to blink in unison.

"You know, this really reminds me of the practice of Kodoku."

"Hey! I make vases not curses! I'm just storing the materials for my future artwork in my vases, not poisonous insects and animals and force them to fight!"

He felt furious for the misunderstanding, but the Jade Doll remained eerily calm. 

"I didn't mean to offend you. Kodoku, in this context, refers to the loneliness of the artist. The isolation that comes with creating something eerie, something that others might not fully understand." 

Managi squinted his eyes, trying to comprehend what she was saying. "Loneliness? I'm not lonely! I have my art, my vases, and... well, I guess I don't have many friends, but that's because they just don't get my genius!" 

The Jade Doll nodded, seemingly satisfied with his response. "Loneliness is not always about the number of friends one has, but the depth of connection. Your art is your companion, and these vases... they are not just containers - they are vessels of your emotions, your thoughts, your essence." 

Managi blinked. No one had ever spoken to him like that about his art. He was used to people either teasing or dismissing it as strange and incomprehensible. This girl, however, seemed to see something more. 

"Maybe you're not as cold as you seem," Managi mumbled, looking down at the vases. 

The Jade Doll gave a small smile, her lips barely moving. "Appearances can be deceiving. Just like the salmon, struggling to return to the water, we all yearn for connection in our own way."

 Managi felt a strange connection with this enigmatic girl. She may be cold and distant, but there was an understanding in her eyes that made him feel seen. "Hey, Jade Doll, what's your name anyway?" 

"I am Gyokko. A name from another time, another life." 

"Well, Gyokko, you can stay here as long as you want. I could use someone who gets my art." 

'Gyokko's' expression softened, and for a moment, it seemed as if a hint of warmth touched her jade-like features. 

"Thank you, Managi. Perhaps, through this meeting, we can find a connection." 

As days turned into weeks, the two found solace in each other's company. Managi's house, once filled with the cold silence of loneliness, now echoed with the conversations of an unlikely pair.

---------- 

Gyokko proved to be an attentive listener, and Managi discovered a confidante in her, someone who understood the struggles and joys of expressing oneself through art. One day, as they sat by the ocean, watching the sun dip below the horizon, Gyokko spoke softly, "Managi, your art is a reflection of the world as you see it. But have you ever considered creating something that goes beyond the confines of your vases? Something that captures the essence of the living, breathing world around you?" 

Managi pondered her words. The challenge intrigued him, and the idea of translating the living world into his static vases sparked a new wave of creativity. Inspired by Gyokko's suggestion, he began experimenting with different materials, colors, and shapes, pushing the boundaries of his art. 

Managi's journey as an artist was not without its challenges. As news of his unique, unconventional art spread, it inevitably reached the ears of those who couldn't appreciate the depth and innovation behind his creations. 

The local art community, accustomed to more traditional forms, raised eyebrows at Managi's avant-garde approach. Bullying soon followed. His fellow peers mocked his work, dismissing it as childish or bizarre. They ridiculed his use of unconventional materials and scoffed at the idea that his vases could be considered art. The once-quiet home now echoed with whispers and jeers, creating an atmosphere that threatened to stifle Managi's creativity. However, Managi refused to succumb to the negativity.

 Instead of letting the bullying deter him, it fueled his determination. Every insult, every remark only ignited a stronger resolve within him to prove the worth of his art. He turned his hardships into motivation, channeling the criticism into the driving force behind his creative pursuits.

Managi finally unveiled his latest creation: a vase adorned with intricate details that seemed to capture the wild essence of the ocean they sat beside.

Gyokko's eyes widened in genuine appreciation. "Managi, this is beautiful. You've managed to break through your boundaries." 

Managi beamed with pride, grateful for Gyokko's encouragement. Little did he know that, in the process of creating art that went beyond his usual boundaries, he was also breaking down the bridge between them.

---------

One day, as Managi continued to pursue his artistic endeavors, he received an unexpected visitor. A man named Gyutaro, with an air of cold detachment, stepped into Managi's studio. His piercing gaze examined the vases with a calculated intensity, leaving Managi with a sense of unease. 

"I've heard about your peculiar art," Gyutaro said in a low, measured tone. "I'm interested in acquiring some of your vases." 

Managi, although thrilled at the prospect of someone appreciating his work, couldn't shake off the chill emanating from Gyutaro. Nevertheless, he agreed to showcase his creations. As Gyutaro perused the vases, his sister, Lady Kyo, accompanied him. 

Unlike her brother, Lady Kyo radiated warmth and kindness. She marveled at each piece, appreciating the intricate details and the vibrant colors that Managi had incorporated into his art. Gyutaro, however, remained stoic and reserved. After a long silence, he finally spoke, "Your vases have a certain... uniqueness. I'm willing to purchase a few." 

Managi, torn between his excitement for a potential sale and the discomfort brought on by Gyutaro's cold demeanor, negotiated the terms. Meanwhile, Lady Kyo expressed genuine admiration for Managi's creations and shared stories of her own love for art. As the transaction unfolded, Managi couldn't help but wonder about the mysterious Gyutaro and the stark contrast between him and his kind-hearted sister. 

Gyutaro's interest in the vases seemed to go beyond a mere appreciation for art; there was an underlying motive that Managi couldn't quite grasp. Days passed, and Gyutaro returned to collect the vases he had purchased. The atmosphere remained tense, but Lady Kyo's presence softened the encounter. As they left, Lady Kyo turned to Managi with a warm smile. "Thank you for sharing your beautiful art with us. It brings joy to our home." 

Managi, still puzzled, nodded in gratitude. The encounter left him with mixed emotions, a blend of satisfaction for the sale and lingering curiosity about the mysterious man and his kind-hearted sister.

Upon returning home after the encounter with Gyutaro and Lady Kyo, Managi sensed an unsettling void in the air. The familiar presence of Gyokko, who had become a silent companion in his artistic pursuits, was conspicuously absent. 

The studio, once filled with the conversations of their shared creativity, felt strangely silent. 

"Gyokko?" Managi called out, his voice echoing through the clay-filled room. There was no response but the creaking of the old wooden floor beneath his footsteps. A sense of foreboding gripped him as he searched every nook and cranny of his home, but Gyokko was nowhere to be found. 

Confused and growing increasingly anxious, Managi finally noticed the emptiness of the space where Gyokko had once sat. No trace, no note – just an absence that left him feeling abandoned and bewildered. 

Days turned into weeks as as Managi awaited Gyokko's return. He continued to create his art, but each stroke of the brush and every mold of the clay carried a melancholic weight. The vases, once imbued with the silent companionship of Gyokko, now seemed to echo with emptiness. 

Managi couldn't comprehend why Gyokko had left without a word. The unanswered questions lingered, casting a shadow over his once vibrant studio. The memories of their shared moments fueled his artistic endeavors, but the absence of Gyokko left an indelible mark on his creative spirit. 

As he gazed upon the vases that once held the enigmatic girl's presence, Managi yearned for an explanation, for the return of the connection that had briefly illuminated his solitary world. The mystery surrounding Gyokko's departure became a puzzle he couldn't solve, a void he couldn't fill. 

In the silence of his studio, Managi continued to create, hoping that his art would somehow bridge the gap left by Gyokko's sudden absence.

In the same chilly manner she initially encountered him, the pink haired jade doll departed just as coldly.

Author:

I hate tests and exams so much. Since I'm finally freed, I dumped the rest of my braincells here.

Thank you @_emi_emily90 for showing so much loud support despite us being strangers. Without you, this chapter would have stayed at 500 words.

This paragraph is just a dump of my thoughts while writing this chapter and it's just a long process. I've never thought I'd make Kyoko take up the name Gyokko but it's more poetic in my mind than "hey i'm kyo." I tried to play with Gyokko's character (not much to work with in my mind) and see how I can make him not evil but like he's fundamentally a well written sadistic character with a traumatizing backstory. Instead of Gyutaro and Ume, I had originally wanted to write Muzan into the story. Yeah, I want to share more about the process of how I wrote this chapter but it'll mean spoiling some things relating to future events. If you have any criticism or suggestions, please hit me up- I don't know how to write a fanfic because all I've been writing are lab reports. 

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

2.5M 106K 93
There lived a handsome prince engaged to the most beautiful woman in the world. Despite her beauty, she failed to capture the prince's heart. Instead...
391K 16.4K 39
||A/N: Will update from time to time. . . ( High chance of being discontinued.) || Credit to original artist- I've only made a pastel edit with it...
607K 24.2K 75
After dying in a tragic accident, Rhianne found herself transmigrated in a novel world as a character. To her much disappointment, she became the cha...
1.4K 272 13
Sol, who is 'So Out of Luck' reincarnated as an orphan in a remote village which is setting in a novel he vaguely remembers reading. But the problem...