Todomomo ~ Fractured Legacies

By Melikah789

"Fractured Legacies" is a heartwarming yet slow-burning romance, angst, and drama story. Shoto Todoroki, the... More

Chapter 1: "The Breaking Point"
Chapter 2: "Momo's Solitude"
Chapter 3: "The Fateful Meeting"
Chapter 4: "A Bond Ignites"
Chapter 5: "Parental Expectations"
Chapter 7: "Strengthening Bonds"
Chapter 8: "Separation and Aspiration"
Chapter 9: "A Chance Meeting"
Chapter 10: "Rekindling Bonds"
Chapter 11: "A Promise Renewed"
Chapter 12: "Momo's Reflection"
Chapter 13: "Broken Promises, Rekindled Hope"
Chapter 14: "First Day at UA"
Chapter 15: "USJ and the Sports Festival"
Chapter 16: "A Midnight Conversation"
Chapter 17: "Unraveled Fears"
Chapter 18: "The Practical Exam Challenge"
Chapter 19: „The up comming Summer Camp"
Chapter 20: „Ennichi Festival"
Chapter 21: "The Summer Camp"
Chapter 22: "Daring Decision"
Chapter 23: "Undercover"
Chapter 24: "Unprecedented Peril"
Chapter 25: "Homecomings"
Chapter 26: Moving In Together
Chapter 27: "A Setback and a Helping Hand"
Chapter 28 „Celebrating Achievements"
Chapter 29 "Unlikely Alliance"
Chapter 30 "Close Calls and Renewed Vows"
Chapter 31 "Embracing Shadows"
Chapter 32 "Familial Discord"
Chapter 33 "Beneath the Surface"
Chapter 34 „A Battle of Hearts"
Chapter 35 "Festive Bonds"
Chapter 36 "Recipe for Chaos"
Chapter 37 „Midnight Mayhem"
Chapter 38 „Fractured Bonds, Searing Truths"
Chapter 39 „Echoes of Truth"
Chapter 40 "Silent Echoes"
Chapter 41 "Bearing Shadows"
Chapter 42 "Guilt Weighs Heavy"

Chapter 6: "The Unattainable Standard"

58 3 0
By Melikah789

Momo's excitement was palpable as she exclaimed, "Shoto, I did it! I got a 93 out of 100 on the test!"

Shoto, encouraging and proud, responded, "That's amazing, Momo! You've been working so hard. I'm proud of you."

Momo dialed her parents on FaceTime, anticipation in her voice, "I can't wait to show this to my parents. They'll be so proud of me finally."

Her parents appeared on the screen, and her mother looked at the score, unimpressed. "Oh, a 93? Well, that's not perfect, is it?"

Stunned and hurt, Momo protested, "But, Mom, I worked really hard for this!"

Her mother's disinterest was evident as she said, "Call us back when you get a perfect score. We're busy. Goodbye," and hung up.

Momo, teary-eyed and trembling, stared blankly at the laptop, her voice quivering, "As if she died that moment. I thought this would be it, that they'd finally be proud of me."

Shoto, in a gentle and supportive tone, reassured her, "Momo, you did your best, and it's an excellent score. You shouldn't have to be perfect to earn their love and approval."

With teary eyes, Momo admitted, "Shoto, you don't understand. I thought if I could just meet their standards, I'd finally matter to them."

Momo's realization hit her hard. What she had achieved wasn't enough, and the standard her parents had set was unattainable. She knew she had to push herself even harder next time, but she also began to understand the importance of self-worth beyond her parents' expectations.

---

This version conveys their emotions through their words and actions without the use of parentheses, emphasizing the emotional impact of Momo's parents' unattainable standards and the support Shoto provides.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

620K 18.7K 75
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...
282K 9.5K 107
She was a capitol elite. He was the youngest victor in history. Their friendship was frowned upon, but their love was forbidden. Extended Summary Ins...
469K 31.7K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
1.1M 38.1K 63
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...