The Trickster's Family (Perso...

Galing kay deception92

A what if story featuring Persona 5 protagonist, Ren Amamiya (also known as the Joker) who lives with his unc... Higit pa

Bio (Prologue only)
Important to note when reading
Prologue - Part 1: The Faith of the Star
Prologue - Part 2: The Idol's Lies
Prologue - Part 3: Clinging to the Past
Prologue - Part 4: I'm here for you
Prologue - Part 5 : What lies to someone
Prologue - Part 6 : Proof of Love and Justice
Prologue - Part 7 : Dancing Star
Prologue - Part 8 : Father and Son
Prologue - Part 9 : The Rain Falls
Prologue - Final Part : Life Will Change
New Bio: Main Characters
New Bio: Side Characters
Persona 4 Guests
Persona 3 Guests
Chapter 1.5: The Twins
Chapter 2: The Rock Bottom
Chapter 3: The Reunion
Chapter 4: The Mystery Girl
Chapter 5: Rise Kujikawa
Chapter 6: The Unfriendly Reunion

Chapter 1: The New Beginning

1.6K 30 10
Galing kay deception92

(A/N: Just to let you guys know I won't be putting specific date like what the games do from now on since I find them not so relevant to the story.)

Few months have passed after Ren joins Strawberry Productions and he assigns himself as the bodyguard. He starts living at Ai's apartment under Ichigo's condition as he wants Ren to be on guard with Ai to protect her from any stalkers. Initially, Ren thinks that it's gonna be a terrible idea for him to live at idol's house. But knowing how things played out since the start of the stalker incident, it makes sense why he has to stay at her place. Plus, Ai seems to be okay with Ren staying at her house, which is very bold for her since she hasn't let any of her fans come to her house before (well aside from Gorou and Sarina in which they reincarnated). And what's more, she wants someone to play a father figure for her kids since she broke up with her ex before. She doesn't want her kids to live miserably without a father. Ren seems to understand her situation and decides to help her out as a way to repay the favor for letting him stay. Also, Ichigo points out that he has to stay at another room to ensure that they don't get to sleep next to each other. He doesn't want to risk Ai for trying something fishy on Ren and getting knocked up again by accident which is the last thing that Ichigo would hear.

And so the story begins...

(Somewhere in the dreams)

Ren: "..." Ren starts to open his eyes as he was surrounded by the pitch black sky filled with stars and galaxies. He seems to be floating in thin air.

Ren: "This again? Just how many times have I seen this?" he questions to himself.

Ren: "Now. Where exactly am I?" He speculates the surroundings to figure out what is going on.

Suddenly a mysterious shadowy figure appears and descends right in front of him.

???: "R...e...n" the mysterious figure calls out his name.

Ren: "??" Ren begins to look up at the mysterious figure as he calls out his name.

Ren: "Is he... calling me?" he said to himself.

Both Ren and the mysterious figure stare at each other until the mysterious figure reaches out his hand to him. Ren responds by reaching out his hand to the mysterious figure. As both hands connect to each other, a light suddenly shines brightly as they made contact.

Ren: "W-What the?! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" he screams as the light keeps shining at the surroundings.

(At Ai's apartment)

Ren: "GAH!!" Ren wakes up quickly as he was sweating. He tries to compose himself as he thinks that everything settle down.

Ren: "..." Ren rubs his eyes with his right hand as he wants to get a clear image. He saw the furniture surrounds the room. The cabinet, computer table and the drawer are all in place. Ren take a quick look at the clock as it shows 3:00 pm in the afternoon.

Ren: "Huh. I guess I been sleeping since noon."

Ren: "Still, that shadowy figure from my dreams. Who was that? And how did he know my name?" he said to himself but then he shook his head.

Ren: "Nah. It not important right now. I need to get myself dressed." he said as he begins to dress up. His outfit consists of a short-sleeved black polo shirt with a white collar, gray jeans, a brown belt and gray converse sneakers (which he'll be wearing when he goes outside). He also wears a brown-banded watch on his left arm.

(A/N: He'll be using the strikers outfit from now on)

He also wore a pair of glasses as well. Even though they were fake, but the fact that he wore them so much that it became a part of his appearance. Kinda like a mask when he was in the metaverse.

After he dresses up, he walked out from his room until he saw Ai playing with a baby boy in which she named "Aqua" AKA "Aquamarine Hoshino". Ren smiles by their interaction.

Ai begins to raise Aqua in the air.

Ai: "You're such a good boy, Aquamarine." Ren begins to step forward towards them.

Ren: "Aquamarine. huh? Weird name but it suits him well." Ai notices Ren's presence as he lowers Aqua down while facing Aqua towards him.

Ai: "Ah, Ren! You're awake. Having a good sleep?" she said as Ren stretches his arms to make himself relax.

Ren: "Ah. Having a good sleep alright. As the matter of fact, I feel refreshed." he said as he lowers his right leg down so he can be at Ai's level. Aqua seems to be at loss for words when he saw Ren in front of him.

Ren: "Heh. I bet you must be surprised to see me, huh? I can see you grow a lot bigger than before in almost a year."

Ai: "Come on, Aqua. Can you call him "papa" for me?" she said as Aqua stares at Ren for a few seconds. Then he reaches out his tiny right hand to him. Ren responds by placing his index finger at his hand. As they make contact, Aqua squeezes his hand on Ren's index finger.

Aqua: "P-Papa?" his first words cause Ai exclaim in awe.

Ai: "Awwww!! He just called you "papa", Ren." Ren laughs by her reaction.

Ren: "*chuckles* I hear ya. He did called me there." He said as he stands up and sits on the sofa next to Ai and Aqua.

Ren: "Still, For me to get hired at another company only to get transferred at your place instead. Things couldn't get any weirder than this."

Ai: "You don't like it here?" Ren shook his head.

Ren: "Nah. It just that it been a few months ever since I lost my uncle or should I say my father. And everything just went by so fast."

Ren: "Back then it used to be perfect even before probation. And I was having a lot of memories there." Ren tilt his head down.

Ren: "But now everything just went to shit due to unfortunate events. With him gone, I'm on my own now. My friends went to separate ways last year and living with their own life. As for me well I have to serve my duty to protect you and your kids. At least that what a bodyguard can do."

Ai: "Ren..." she said as she holds Ren's right hand with her left hand. Ren looks at his hand and then Ai. She then let go of his hand.

Ai: "You're not just a bodyguard, Ren. You're family for us. No matter what happens in the future, we can tackle the challenges together alongside with our children. At least that what I thought."

Ren: "Like about what you said back then during your childbirth? I remembered you told me that you don't want me to leave by your side ever since when you're in pain." Ai became shocked as she felt embarrassed by her own words.

Ai: "I-It can't be help you know! I was in the middle of crisis there." she said while she pouted.

Ren: "Sure, sure." Ren chuckles a little which causes Ai embarassed even more.

Ai: "Ren!" she yelled.

Ren: "Sorry, sorry. It just that you were too cute for you to beg me around like that. It makes me want to see your reaction even more." Ai blushes when he calls her cute.

Ai: "S-Stop that! Mou! You're such a bully when you mince my words against me." she said as she turns at Aqua.

Ai: "Don't you think so, Aqua? Is he a bully to you?" Aqua sweatdrops as he doesn't even know how to respond. He turns at Ren as he tries to signal for help. Ren sees this as he tries to help him out.

Ren: "Uh, Ai. I don't think Aqua have that knowledge yet when it comes to understanding people's situation. He has no clue on how he'll respond."

Ai: "Eh??? But I thought he gets that ever since he calls you papa last time." Ai seems to be in defeat.

Ai: "*sigh* No matter. I think you're still cute no matter what, Aqua. You and Ruby always!" Ren heards that as he brings out mischievous smile.

Ren: "Really? What about me?"

Ai: "Nope. Since you bullied me, I won't say it." she said while she plays Aqua.

Ren: "Are you sure? Cause it seems like you want to admit it." he said as he begins to scoot closer.

Ai: "No, I'm not."

Ren: "Yes, you are."

Ai: "No, I'm not!" she places Aqua down as Ren scoots closer.

Ren: "Yes, you are!"

Ai: "Then, make me." she said while she being proud of herself.

Ren: "Okay. You asked for it." he said as he starts tickling Ai. As Ren starts tickling her, Ai begins to laugh like a maniac.

Ai: "REN! S-STOP IT!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

Ren: "I won't stop until you say it!"

Ai: "N-NOT FAIR!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

As Ai keeps laughing from Ren's tickles, Aqua sees them playing each other with a smile on his face.

Aqua: "Those two. Even though they grew up, they're still acting like children playing around with each other. Well, if they're happy about it, then I won't complain."

Aqua: "Although, Ren was right about one thing. Everything went by so fast and a lot of things have changed in the most bizarre way. Most notably myself."

Aqua: "For some reason, I somehow got reincarnated as Ai's son after I got killed by the hands of the stalker. And for the most part, I still retain the memories from my previous life including myself as a doctor. I don't know how though but I'm guessing that my wish to be with Ren has somehow granted? That sounds cheesy but that just my speculation."

Aqua: "This reborn or should I say reincarnation is such a weird process. What triggers it to happen? And what is my purpose of me reincarnated here? There's so many questions wrapped up in my head and I need to know why."

Aqua: "On the bright side, I retained the memories from my previous life. Which means I might able to uncover Ai's ex identity and take him down. That way I should be able to protect my family from harm."

Aqua: "But how on earth am I supposed to do that in this baby form? There's no way I'll be able to protect them like this. Seems like I have very limited options at this point so I can't do anything about it until I grow up." he thought to himself while he stares at Ren. He smiled at himself.

Aqua: "At the very least, Ren is here with us and that's more than enough. I remembered he told me that he was about to be Ai's bodyguard when he joins the company. And it seems like he finally did."

Aqua: "Heh. It so weird. For me to get killed in previous life, only ended up reincarnated as an idol's son and Ren is my stepfather? This couldn't get any more ironic than this."

Aqua: "I admit it very awkward to see Ren who I used to take care of, somehow ended up taking care of me. But it not that bad when I think about it."

Aqua: "Having an environment where my favourite idol is doing her darnedest to pamper me while also Ren tries his best to take care all of us, has deeply touches the heart of tired working adult inside me. Feels like old times."

Ai: "OKAY! OKAY! I SURRENDER!! I SURRENDER!!" she said as Ren stops tickling her. Ai tries to catch her breath.

Ai: "*huff* *huff* Mou, Ren! You almost killed me from laughter. I almost died there you know."

Ren: "Well as long as you don't exclude me from your compliments, then we're even."

Suddenly Morgana emerges in front of them as he seems to be well... rough to say the least. His fur is fully ragged as it seems like Morgana was having a tough time to handle things. Ren notices as he asks him.

Ren: "Hey, Morgana. Whoa, you're not looking too good. What happened?" Morgana looks at Ren with the not amused face.

Morgana: "Trust me, you don't even want to know."

Ren: "Oh, but I do. And it appears you're having a rough time trying to stop Ruby's cries aren't ya?"

Morgana: "Damn right you are! I'll be honest this is a lot worse than fighting against shadows. She just couldn't stop crying in her sleep!"

Ren: "Well at the very least you managed to stop her from crying, right?"

Morgana: "Well..." He said but he got interrupted by the baby cries.

???: "WAHHHH!!!" The loud cries surround the area as Morgana tries his best to close his ears.

Morgana: "There's your answer! She just wouldn't stop!" he yelled while he tries to cover his poor cat ears. Ren laughs by Morgana's reaction while he tries to assist the situation.

Ren: "Ahaha... Ok, maybe I'll try to calm her down if you want me to."

Morgana: "Yes, please!" he said while feeling disgruntled.

Ren gets up and turns at Ai.

Ren: "Ai, I'll go and calm Ruby down. Can you wash Morgana for me? He is seriously needs to cool off." Ai nodded.

Ai: "Sure! I'll help out." she turns at Aqua.

Ai: "Wait right here, Aqua. Mommy's gonna be back soon." she said as she places Aqua on the sofa.

As Ai lead Morgana to the bathroom, Ren approaches Ruby who seems to be crying from her sleep. Ruby notices Ren's presence as she look up at him.

Ren: "Quite the troublemaker aren't ya, Ruby? It seems like you want Ai to pamper you as well like Aqua did."

Ren: "Here let me help you." he said as he grabs Ruby with both hands and lift her up.

After Ren grab Ruby up, he places Ruby at his chest patting at the back of her head. Apparently his method works as Ruby stopped crying, feeling happy at the warmth of Ren's chest. She smiles at herself as she wants Ren to pamper her more.

Ren: "Huh. It appears that you like my pats a lot. I'm guessing you take a liking towards me." He said as he carries Ruby to the couch where Aqua is sitting. He places her next to Aqua and once he do so, Ren sits right in front of them. Ruby turns at Aqua who seems to be not in good terms with her. Ruby does the same at Aqua.

Aqua and Ruby: "*Hmph*" they thought as they turn their heads away. Ren notices their reaction as he tries to ask them.

Ren: "Wow, you both not so friendly each other, huh? Not quite the siblings relationship that I could imagine."

Ren: "But at least try to be friendly ok? I don't want Ai to see you fighting against each other. She might get sad you know?" Aqua and Ruby's eyes widen when hearing Ren's words. They turn at each other for a while and then back at Ren nodded at him.

Ren: "Good."

*DING* *DONG*

A door bell rang as Ren stands up and opens the door at the door entrance to see who's coming. Apparently it was none other the president of strawberry productions alongside with the beautiful looking woman with the strawberry-blonde hair.

Ren: "Good Afternoon. Ichigo-san, Miyako-san. What brings you guys here?"

Ichigo: "Good Afternoon, Ren. We would like to discuss something important here and that includes Ai as well."

Ren: "Well come on in." he said as he leads them into the room. While he led them inside, Ai came out from the bathroom alongside with Morgana who seems to be dried off from taking a bath.

Ai: "Ah! President Saitou! Miyako-san! Good Afternoon! What brings you two here?"

Ichigo: "Well some important matters regarding about your comeback and I would like to discuss with you two right now."

Ai: "I see." Suddenly she heard Ruby crying again. Ai notices as she carries Ruby in the air.

Ai: "What's the matter, Aqua?" she said to Ruby.

Ren: "Ai, that's Ruby you know. Aqua is right here." he said as he carries Aqua in his arms.

Ichigo: "And you call yourself a mother? How couldn't you tell which one is Ruby and which one is Aqua? Are you having amnesia or something?"

Ai: "I've always been bad at remembering names and faces, so I can't help it." she said as she turns at Ruby.

Ai: "Pretty gross, huh? Japanese man have these illusions about how mothers should be."

Ren: "Uhm... Does that include me as well?" Ai laughs by his reaction.

Ai: "Ehehe~ as it should be. You said it to yourself that you don't want me to exclude you from my compliments, right?"

Ren: "Well, yes. But-- Ah, forget it. I take that back."

Ai: "Ah! No backsies!" she said as Morgana facepalms at himself for Ren falling into Ai's trap.

Morgana: "Ren, you dumbass." Ichigo continues.

Ichigo: "Ai, don't get all intentional on me and Ren when you don't even have a passport!"

Ichigo: "Besides, you said you won't go on location overseas, right?"

Ai: "But, you know, I'm able to remember the names of people I think are talented, President Satou."

Ichigo: "Ack!" he said with his eyes twitches. Ren and Aqua try their best to hold their laughter from Ai's mispronunciation.

Ichigo: "Close... My name is Saitou, you damn idol." he said as he adjust his glasses.

(After some moment later)

Ichigo slams his hand on the whiteboard which makes Ren and Morgana confused.

Morgana: "Honestly, where the hell did he get that whiteboard?" He thought.

Ichigo: "Anyway... as of today, Ai returns to being an idol! We're gonna discuss your activities going forward."

Ichigo: "The first step of your comeback is your music program tonight. I'll be broadcast live, but you're up for it, right?"

Ai: "Of course!" Ichigo turns at Ren.

Ichigo: "And you?"

Ren: "Keeping her safe to ensure she won't get harm. Got it."

Ichigo: "Heh. That's more like it." he then turns at everyone.

Ichigo: "While you're both working, my wife will look after Ai's children."

Miyako: "I see..." She sighed at herself. Ren notices her reaction as he asks her .

Ren: "Are you okay, Miyako-san? You don't seem to be too enthusiastic about it."

Miyako: "Can't you blame me? Of course I wasn't! Why do I have to be the one who babysits her children?"

Ichigo: "Because I need you to take care of them when they're working that's why. Besides, this can be a good practice just in case when we have a child in the future." Ai signals Ren to come closer so he did.

Ai: "Short answer, they didn't since president Saitou was too busy with his work." She whispered. However, Ichigo heard them gossip.

Ichigo: "I heard that!" They're stunned when he heard them gossiping.

Ai: "Whoops, busted!"

Miyako: "*sigh* Well if what she says is true then, I guess that makes myself not worth to be with."

Ai: "Don't say that, Miyako-san! You're still young at your age. You should be getting your own children soon like I did." Ai turns at Ichigo.

Ai: "Although, the other members are super turned off by the way you favor young girls. It not nice for you to exclude her out of this."

Ren: "I agree. It best you need to find the right time to spend time with her and try at least give some happiness to her."

Ichigo turns at Miyako after hearing Ren's words of wisdom. After some thought, he turns back at Ren.

Ichigo: "Ok. I'll keep that in mind. I'll try to be more careful when managing things."

Ren: "Good to hear." Then suddenly Ai realizes.

Ai: "Hold on a second! Is it problem if I bring my kids to the studio?"

Ichigo: "Of course it's a problem!"

Ichigo: "Now, listen here!" He points at them.

Ichigo: "If word gets out that a idol like you became a mother of two or 16, you can kiss your idol career goodbye. I'll come under fire as the one responsible for supervising you, and my agency will be finished. The whole lot of us will be going straight to hell!" Morgana rolls his eyes due to how dramatic Ichigo is.

Ichigo: "And no bringing the kids shopping or to do paperwork at the gov offices either! If you have a truly pressing emergency, you're to head out under the guise that you are watching our kids for us."

Ai: "Aw, come on!" Ai pouted.

Ai: "What a pain, huh, Aqua?" she said to Ruby.

Ren: "Once again that's Ruby." Ai laughs by her misname. Ren and Morgana sighs at themselves from Ai's stupidity.

Suddenly a loud noise appears as it brings out the sound across the living room. Apparently, everyone including Ai, Ichigo, Miyako, Aqua, Ruby, Morgana and Ren have their stomach growl.

Ren: "Huh, I take that you all weren't having lunch do ya?"

Ichigo: "Well, that appears so." he adjusts his glasses.

Ai: "Y-Yeah me too." Ai blushes at herself.

Ren: "Well I guess you all can't go to work with an empty stomach. I'll cook things up for you guys." Everyone narrowed their eyes on Ren as they heard that he can cook.

Ai: "Wait! You didn't tell us that you can cook. Since when?"

Ren: "During my time at probation. The owner there has taught me a lot of things when it comes to cooking. So I'm pretty much skilled at this point." He said as he gives Aqua to Ai. Once he do so, he stands up as he is getting ready to cook something.

Ren: "What about you two? What food you guys want me to cook?" He said to Ichigo and Miyako.

Ichigo: "What do you have in store, Ren?"

Ren: "Well, I can cook curry and make coffees but that pretty much it. If you want I can cook it up for you."

Ichigo: "Hmm... curry would be nice. I'm biased towards some spice."

Ai: "Me too. I want curry as well." she added.

Ren: "What about you, Miyako-san?"

Miyako: "Well, I haven't taste your curry yet so I guess I wouldn't mind to try one."

Ren: "Alright, coming right up!" he said as he dressed up in kitchen apron.

He quickly whipped out the book from his bag which contains a lot of recipes and ingredients to make meals.

Ren: "Sojiro-san. I shall put your recipe into good use." he said as he starts preparing some ingredients and begins his cooking.

The curry he is making seems to be letting out a strong fragrance. Strong enough that it just surrounds the whole living room. The whole crew seems almost had their mouth watered by that smell. Even Ai is already craving for it.

Ai: "That smells so good! I can't wait to try one!" Ruby who is also at Ai's lap also had her mouth watered.

Morgana and Aqua laughed by their reaction.

(After his cooking)

Ren: "Lunch is served." He said as he places the curries on the table. The curry that Ren made looks almost identical like any other curry. But something about the curry that Ren made seems to be somewhat special. It hard to describe but the curry seems to be letting out such a pleasant smell. The smell that is so strong that makes it hard to resist. Ai places Aqua and Ruby on the sofa next to Morgana. The strawberry production crew sit on the floor staring at the curry on the table.

Ichigo: "Ooh..."

Ai: "It smells delicious. Can't wait to try it out."

Miyako: "So is this the curry that you made? Doesn't seem to be anything special."

Ren: "It may not look like it from the outside. But from the inside that where it changes everything."

Miyako: "Huh. I guess I'll have a taste to see what you're saying is true."

All: "Itadakimasu!" They said in union as they try the curry for themselves. After they took one bite in their mouths, they stunned by how the curry tastes.

And then....

Ai: "DELICIOUS!!!" she said with the stars in her eyes gleam brightly.

Miyako: "A-Amazing! This curry tastes entirely different than anything else! The texture, the spice, all of them seems to be mixed so well! This might be the best curry that I have tasted!"

Ichigo: "Indeed! I never thought it gonna be taste so good! You seemed to be a pro at cooking, Ren! You should become a chef someday!"

Ai: "I agree! Your curry tastes so good!"

Ren: "Ahaha... Thanks for the compliment you guys. But I rather become a bodyguard than just becoming a chef. I mostly prefer protecting someone than just cook since that what I am."

Ichigo: "I see... well it a good thing that you can cook at the very least."

Ai: "But why you didn't tell us that you can cook, Ren? Is there any specific reason for this?"

Ren: "Well, I don't normally cook very often ever since I lost my father. So, trying to cook after that has brought back bitter memories." Ai and the others tilt their heads down when hearing him mentioned Gorou.

Ai: "Oh... we're sorry, Ren." Ren shook his head.

Ren: "It's fine. It took me a couple of months to get over that. After all, I'm not alone. I still have you, Ichigo-san, Miyako-san, Aqua, Ruby, Morgana and also..."

Ren: "The rest of my friends who helped me through probation." The whole strawberry production seems to be smiled by Ren's statement.

Ichigo: "Heh. You became such a hard-boil guy after what happened, huh? Man, I wish I could have some guts like you." Miyako stares at Ichigo with the face of amusement.

Miyako: "Like what happened during idol recruitment? I remembered one time where you tried to persuade Nino to join your company but then her father came and-" Ichigo shocked as he quickly stops Miyako from escalating any further.

Ichigo: "STOP! STOP! I don't want to remember that please, Miyako!" Ai and Miyako laugh from his embarrassment. Ren confuses by what Miyako was saying but follows along.

Ai turns at Aqua and Ruby which they seemed to be hungry for food. Ai turns back at Ren.

Ai: "Say, Ren. Is it okay if i give them some of my curry? Wouldn't there will be a problem if I do so?" Ren shook his head.

Ren: "Nope. You're can go right ahead as long as you don't give them too much. I might want to give another plate of curry to Morgana as well."

Ai: "Ok!" she said as brings her curry to the twins while Ren brings another plate of curry to Morgana.

Ichigo: "Are you sure you're gonna give him, Ren? I mean he's a cat. Cats can't eat food like human does." Morgana sends Ichigo a death stare when he calls him a cat. His stare causes Ichigo shivers down his spine.

Ren: "I think it better you not call him that way. He's uh quite offended when anyone calls him cat. So keep that in mind."

Ichigo: "R-Right back at ya." Miyako sighed at herself.

Ren places the plate of curry to Morgana as Morgana happily eats it.

Ren: "There ya go." Ren turns at Ai as she gives one spoon of curry to Aqua and Ruby.

Ai: "Here ya go! Say Ahhh!" She give it to Ruby first and then to Aqua. As they took their first bite. They expressions widen.

Aqua and Ruby: "DELICIOUS!!!" they thought while they're screaming from the inside.

Ai: "What do you both think? Is papa's curry delicious?" Aqua and Ruby nodded in response.

Ai: "That's great! You both want some more?" they both nodded again.

Ai prepares another spoon of curry as she gives it to aqua. As Aqua opens his mouth, Ruby jumps in and took it in her mouth. Aqua shocked as he is starting to get furious.

Aqua: "Ruby, what was that for!? I'm the one got it first!"

Ruby: "But papa's curry is too delicious! I just couldn't help myself!"

Aqua: "Can't you at least show some self restraint?!" as both Aqua and Ruby bickering against each other. Ai tries to calm them down.

Ai: "C-Calm down, you two. No fighting each other." but her words doesn't make them stop. Ren tries to stop them but...

Morgana: "Wait, Ren. Let me handle this."

Ren: "Uh. Sure." he said as Morgana approaches Aqua and Ruby. He begins to smack their heads with his paws. Aqua and Ruby hold their heads in pain.

Aqua and Ruby: "Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow!" they wince in pain as they turn at Morgana who seems angry.

Morgana: "Listen, you two. I don't know what wrong with you but you both caused some commotion here. And what's worse, you almost make your mother cry right in front of ya." he said as he points at Ai. Aqua and Ruby narrow their eyes at Ai as they saw Ai's sad and concern face. Feeling guilty for themselves, they begin to show their gesture of apology to her.

Aqua and Ruby: "Sorry..." they said in union. Ai notices their reaction as she pat their heads trying to soften their pain.

Ai: "It okay, you two. I get it. You both want Papa's curry. But, you both shouldn't fight against each other. Siblings shouldn't fight. Okay?" Aqua and Ruby nodded. Morgana goes back to Ren as Ren gives a thumbs up to him.

Ren: "Good job, Morgana. Seems like you handle the situation better than I did."

Morgana: "Heh, sometimes you just gotta need someone who can help to defuse the situation better especially when someone is short-sized like I am."

Ren: "Like a short-sized cat?"

Morgana: "Ren..." he said in annoyance.

Ren: "*chuckle* I'm just playing with ya."

After Morgana defuses the situation, the whole production crew finishes their curry while Aqua, Ruby and Morgana are sitting at the sofa.

Morgana: "Heh. Seems like they hit the jackpot. Don't you think so, Aqua?"

Aqua: "Yeah, it does, Morgana. Seems like Ren was able to please them with his cooking skills." Morgana confusedly stares at Aqua.

Morgana: "You don't seem to be surprised by this. Wasn't that your first time seeing Ren able to cook?"

Aqua: "Well, it does kinda surprised me to see him cook. And yes this is my first time. But that's only because I was expecting that he can able to cook for the others."

Ruby: "Really? Do you have such high hopes for him? Sounds like you know about Papa a lot more than me."

Aqua: "Not really, Ruby. I was just trying to support him you know? Like any other son would do. Nothing special I guess."

Ruby: "Hmm... are you sure, onii-chan?" Aqua seems to be irritated by Ruby for being suspicious at him.

Aqua: "And what about you? You seemed to be way too happy when Ren pampers you. Sounds like you just want him all by yourself."

Morgana: "Yeah. It like you're actually enjoying this a lot." Morgana added.

Ruby: "Hah! Wasn't that obvious? I always wanted both Mama and Papa to pamper me as I'm truly their lovable daughter. I want them to treat me, caress me and pamper me as much as I want! It like I'm living in a dream!" Ruby's right eye gleam brightly when she desired about being a daughter to Ai and Ren. Aqua seems to be creeped out by Ruby's craziness.

Aqua: "Right... You do you okay? I'm just gonna sit over here while you just keep dreaming." Ruby stares at Aqua with a smirk.

Ruby: "What's that? Are you perhaps jealous that Papa pampers me more than you, onii-chan?"

Aqua: "Dummy! Why would I do that? That sounds weird you know? For him to pamper someone like me."

Morgana: "Really? For me I watched your reaction when Ren pats you after you had your milk. And you're making the "That feels good." face." Aqua turns at Morgana with embarassment.

Aqua: "Hey! Don't side with her! Are you trying to gang up on me like Ruby did?"

Morgana: "Maybe."

Ruby: "Onii-chan. There's no need to be embarrassed. I know you. You want Papa to caress you and feed you as much as I did. And what more you had him to change diapers for you more than once--."

Aqua: "Alright! Alright! I get it!! But it still embarrassing from my perspective."

Ruby: "So you admit it! Ohoho I can't wait to tell mama and papa when I grow up. Especially your reaction when they doing baby stuff on you." Aqua freaks out as he stares at Ruby.

Aqua: "Don't even think about it, Ruby. If you dare telling them, I swear I gonna do the same thing like what Ren did to Ai last time."

Ruby: "And that is?" she said as Aqua starts poking Ruby at her belly then he pokes her again. And again. And again. And again. Aqua's poking makes Ruby laugh.

Ruby: "O-ONII-CHAN, STOP! IT TICKLES!! HAHAHAHAHA!!"

Aqua: "No way! Not until you swear that you'll won't tell them about my embarrassment!"

Ruby: "ONII-CHAN!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!"

Morgana: "You two... Cut it out will ya?" Morgana smiles nervously as he saw the twins playing with each other.

(A/N: The part where Morgana first meet the twins will be either in extra part of this chapter or next chapter.)

He is starting to wonder how on earth did they able to talk when they are young. How did they able to communicate with Morgana. But most importantly, who actually are they? He speculates whether it was the shadows that possess them. Or did they simply have a special ability that allows them to communicate with the animals. However, judging from their reaction, they were way too human for them to do either of them. Plus, it is impossible for them to understand Morgana if they didn't enter the metaverse like Ren did. So how come? Things starting to get a lot more mysterious than he could imagine. But as of right now, he's just gonna enjoys himself watching the twins playing with each other.

Aqua: "Take that! And that!" he said as he keeps poking at Ruby.

Ruby: "ONII-CHAN! STOP IT ALREADY!! HAHAHAHA!!"

The whole strawberry production crew turns around as they saw Aqua and Ruby playing with each other. The twins notices as they quickly stop playing with each other with the blush formed on their faces.

Ai: "Ehehe~. Seeing my babies playing with each other is the cutest thing I have seen in my entire life!"

Ren: "Well they seemed to mimic from what we had done last time. They sure learn fast."

Ai: "Yup."

Ichigo looks at the watch as he checks the time.

Ichigo: "Ah, it almost time!" he begins to stand up.

Ichigo: "We should get going you two. The rehearsal is about to start soon."

Ren and Ai: "Ok!" they said in union. Ren and Ai stand up as they about to get prepared. Ai approaches Aqua and Ruby.

Ai: "We'll be going you two! Make sure you both behave yourselves while we're gone." She kisses at their foreheads as a way to show her affection. She turns back at Ren.

Ai: "Ren, don't you want to give them some kisses too?" Ren, Aqua and Ruby surprised by her question.

Ren: "Who? Me? I-I don't know. I mean they're technically your children, Ai."

Ai: "Our children, Ren. You're their stepfather now. And they probably need some of your affection at this point."

Ren: "..." Ren saw at Aqua and Ruby as he was trying to process whenever he should do it or not. He sees Ruby's excited face as she wants Ren's kisses for herself. Aqua on the other hand while not as excited as Ruby, he seems to be embarrassed by the idea of his stepson kissing a stepfather. Ren scratches his head as he replies.

Ren: "Well, one kiss wouldn't hurt I guess. Sure, I'll give it a go."

Ai: "Thanks!" Ai seems pleased by that.

Ren slowly approaches them as he pick which one would get kissed first. Obviously Ruby wants one as she lift her hands up in the air. He grabs Ruby up and kisses on her forehead.

Ruby: "Ah! Re- Papa's kisses make my heart melt!" she thought to herself.

Ren pulls back as he saw Ruby who seems to be in dazed by his kiss.

Ren: "Is Ruby actually enjoying this? Well, that was weird. I never seen any baby have done that before. Well if she enjoys it then I guess that okay." he thought as he places Ruby down.

He shifts his gaze towards Aqua who hides his face as he didn't want to face Ren.

Ruby: "Onii-chan, if you don't get his kiss, I'll tell them about your embarrassing secret especially that you make such a face when Papa pat you." Aqua stunned when he heard her words.

Aqua: "You little!" He said to Ruby.

Aqua: "Calm down, Aqua! It's just a kiss!Just a family kiss!" He thought as he turns around to face Ren. He raises his arms high up like Ruby did. Ren picks up as he states at Aqua.

Ren: "Are you okay, Aqua? You don't seem to be looking forward to it."

Aqua: "I'm not! Ruby just forces me to!" He thought to himself.

Ren: "Well, here goes." He then proceeds to kiss on his forehead and put Aqua down. Aqua sighed in relief.

Aqua: "*sigh*"

Ruby: "See? It wasn't that bad. Don't ya think?"

Aqua: "Shut up. It's still embarrassing."

Ren then turns at Morgana.

Ren: "I want you to keep an eye on Ai's children. Can you do it for me?"

Morgana: "Heh. Say no more! Morgana's guard duty is on the case! You have my word, Ren."

Ren: "Gee. Thanks."

Ichigo: "Come on. let's get a move on!"

Ai: "Coming!" she said as Ren and Ai follows them to the entrance. They wave goodbye at Miyako, Morgana, Aqua and Ruby. They soon take their trip to the tv station.

(At the TV station)

Worker: "B-Komachi is coming on!"

B-Komachi members: "We're B-Komachi! Thanks for having us!"

Male host: "Yeah, glad to have you."

Female host: "Here's Ai-san who has resumed her idol activities as of today!"

Male host: "Are you doing okay? Are you eating properly?" he asked.

Ai: "Yes! I'm eating plenty! Thanks to certain someone!" she said as she shift her gaze at Ren who is currently at the other side of the set. She winks at him as showing her thanks.

Ren: "Heh. That Ai. She sure knows how to thank someone."

Ichigo: "I'll say." Ichigo then suddenly emerges with two cup of coffees at both hands. He handed one to Ren.

Ren: "Thanks."

Ichigo: "I found them from some random drone outside and it appears there is a letter for you." he said as he handed one letter to Ren. Ren takes it as he opens the letter. The smile is formed on his face when he saw the letter. He can tell who actually wrote it.

???: "Here are your coffees, Ren! I hope you enjoy it!"

???: "Brought to you by Alibaba!" the letter ends with the Alibaba symbol.

Ren: "Heh, still going strong aren't ya, Futaba? Thanks a lot." he thought to himself

Ichigo: "Someone that you knew?" he asked

Ren: "Yeah, one of my friends. Apparently, she's the one who send coffees as requested by her father, who was the owner that I'm talking about earlier."

Ichigo: "She's the owner's daughter? Well, that's unexpected."

Ren: "Yeah and what's more she used to be expert when it comes to electronics. So if anything, she might be using one of her inventions to get here."

Ichigo: "Her inventions? Ah, the drone! That was her's?" he realizes.

Ren: "I see that you met one of them. What do you think? Pretty cool, huh?"

Ichigo: "Well, I guess it does. But still." He said as both Ren and Ichigo begin to drink.

Ai: "Oh right! Speaking of food, the other day my baby..." Ren and Ichigo spittake as they heard Ai almost crossed the line.

Male host: "My baby?" he said as the other members confused.

Ai: "I-I mean baby kitten! I got a pet during my rest period, you see!"

Male host: "Oh... I see."

Ai: "Ahahaha~ I'm always blurting out such strange things! My bad!"

Ren and Ichigo: "She is so hopeless." they said in union.

After some further questioning, they finally moved to the part where they'll be performing on stage.

Worker: "In 30 seconds, the camera will switch over. Please give us a nice performance!"

Ai: "Sure!"

B-Komachi members: "Thanks for your help!"

While the stage is about to start, Ren hears a lot of people regarding about their opinions about B-Komachi. Some of them called it mid while the others don't care much about them. There also others who told that Ai is the worthy of people's praise while the rest of B-Komachi members are just forgotten. Ichigo places his hand on Ren's shoulder.

Ichigo: "No need to care about them, Ren. They can talk whatever they want. They just didn't understand how captivating idols can be."

Ren: "Why is that?" he asked.

Ichigo: "Because... In this industry, lies and self-interest are concealed behind the smiles. You can't be causing losses for this broadcast. To get the very best performance out of every single platformer, even the staff will lie if need be."

Ichigo: "That goes for big shots too. They act like they're making something great but they only look at the numbers."

Ren: "I guess it applies to Ai and the rest of B-Komachi, right?" Ichigo nodded.

Ichigo: "That's right."

Worker: "The stage on in 5 seconds!"

Ichigo: "Now witness, Ren. This is where Ai shows her performance."

Ichigo: "The performance of a bona fide liar!"

And so the performance begin.

(Sign wa B plays)

"ANATA NO IDOL

SIGN WA B

CHU~"

As their performance starts, everyone become speechless by how radiant the performance is. Even Ren himself didn't expect how explosive her performance can be.

Ichigo: "What do you think? Pretty amazing, huh? That is what Ai has become. A liar that shines as an idol."

Ren: "Y-Yeah. I saw it with my own eyes. Her singing, her dancing. Everything just off the charts. It like she is pouring everything she got to give out her best performance."

Ichigo: "Indeed. She has to be perfect to perform. Lies are the source to give out the best of her ability."

Ren: "But aren't you worried if the people out there point out that she was lying the entire time?"

Ichigo: "I am. But Ai wants to do it. She wants to show the world that her lies are in fact love. She wants to know what it feels like to love somebody and she desires for that. But to do so, she needs to lie. And by lying, she needs to keep saying the phrase "I love you" every time she performs."

Ren: "And once she continue phrasing, the lies will eventually become the truth, is it?"

Ichigo: "Yes, you are correct. It is a necessary step for her to achieve something that she wanted. And she won't stop until she gets it."

Ren: "I see..."

As they're about to finish their performance, Ai strikes her pose by pointing at the camera. And once she does, she has few words to say.

Ai: "I love you!"

(Sign wa B ends)

(Meanwhile somewhere at Sakura's residence before Ai's performance starts.)

Sojiro Sakura, the owner of Leblanc is reading the newspapers regarding about the return of B-Komachi.

Sojiro: "B-Komachi huh? That must be where Ren is working based on what he told me."

Sojiro: "Honestly, working at entertainment industry, really? Just what kind of situation he's in?"

Suddenly the girl with orange long hair comes in.

Futaba: "Relax, Sojiro! You've been worrying about him way too much. Aren't you glad that Ren was finally working that you wanted for? He seems okay with it."

Futaba: "And plus working with B-Komachi!? That sounds like a dream come true! Ren was so lucky to be part of it. He could contribute something to make B-Komachi's reputation off the roof!"

Sojiro: "Yeah, yeah I heard that, Futaba. But I'm still concerning whether he'll be okay or not in his life being. I'm still missed him."

Futaba: "Yeah, me too, Sojiro. Like it already been a year ever since he left."

Sojiro: "That's true."

Sojiro: "By the way. Have you already delivered the coffee set that I told you earlier?"

Futaba: "Yup! No problemo! Everything's delivered as intended!"

Sojiro: "Good."

Suddenly, Futaba's phone is ringing. She whipped it out as she saw the reminder of Ai's performance.

Futaba: "Holy crap! Ai's performance is about to start! I better get going. Good night, Sojiro! Sleep well!"

Sojiro: "Sure. Good night, Futaba." he said as Futaba quickly runs upstairs. Sojiro smiles at himself.

Sojiro: "Heh. That Futaba. Energetic as always just like Wakaba." he said as he continues reading newspapers.

End of chapter 1

A/N: Welp here it is. The real first chapter of this book in history. Again sorry it took so long to upload. I was trying to corporate some ideas on how to keep the story going forward. Plus, it took me a week to write one chapter at a time. Sometimes, I could write a short chapter make it better. But there are times, where I had to write a long chapter to put a lot of story elements in it. Leave down the comments if there is anything that needs to improve.

The next chapter might be involve meeting with the phantom thieves in which I'll begin writing it soon. Also, I'll upload the extra part of chapter 1 where Morgana meets the twins for the first time.

See you guys soon!

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

4K 171 53
After a strange encounter with a mysterious man, Berry goes from the freak at school to the girl with a hot man tailing behind her. Has she found som...
83.3K 4.1K 46
#3 in mafiaqueen #5 in unique #63 in dangerous #10 in caring A girl with mysterious powers, with the mafia drama in her life, and the guilt killing h...
5.9K 215 13
A man named Satoru Mikami is killed during a botched mugging and finds his soul reincarnated into the body of a Slime. But he finds himself not alone...