Wounded Heart

By magical_AditiRathore

What will happen when a person who is already wounded got new wounds that too from the person whom he or she... More

Painful Night
Avneil met again
Friends
Love Or Blunder
A New Beginning or Ending
Guilty
Fight
New Chapter Of Life
Birthday
Birthday Party
Huge Fight
Danger
Immense Pain
Heartbreak
Beginning Of A New Life
Hide And Seek
Met Aftet Years
Destiny's Plan
Revelation Of Truth
Efforts To Pacify Wifey
Battle On Neav
Avni's Big Decision
Broken Soul
Avni's Life
Neil's Decision
Neil And Neav's Effort
Avni Came Home
Efforts
Struggle
Talks
Sweet Moments And Blunder
Conversation
One More Mistake
One More Trouble For Avneil
440 Volt Shock
Sort Out Things
Neil's Ladydon
Union Of Two Souls
Surprise
Happy Moments
Happy Ending

Avni Was Back

622 93 23
By magical_AditiRathore

Chapter 37:

It was the time of night, the moon was shining in the sky and it peeked into Avni and Neil’s room. Neil was laying on the bed in Fowler’s position and Avni came from the bathroom while keeping her hair behind her ears. Avni came to the couch and she saw her pillow was missing. Neil was looking at her. Avni looked at the bed and found her pillow on her side. Avni frowned and she came forward.

Avni: How did my pillow come here?

Neil looked at the pillow and then he looked at Avni.

Neil: Ab, I don't know. Maybe it has feet.

Avni made a face.

Avni: You brought my pillow here.

Neil gave no reply. He was just looking at Avni who was also looking at him.

Avni: Why?

Neil: I want you to sleep beside me.

Avni: Neil, you are injured. Your wounds are still fresh.

Neil: Avni, Neav is a kid so he might hurt me but you are not a kid. You will be careful.

Avni: still, Neil.

Neil: Please.

Avni: You need rest.

Neil looked at Avni for a few seconds.

Neil: And if I say that I would get peace if you sleep here with me then.

Avni looked at Neil for some time and then she went to the other side of the bed. Neil scratched his nose. Avni sat on the bed.

Avni: But I will keep cushions between us.

Neil was about to say.

Avni: I know, now no one could come between us.

Neil wondered how Avni got to know about it.

Avni: But it is for my satisfaction.

Neil nodded.

Avni: Thank You.

Neil smiled. Neil tried to lay and suppressed his lips. Avni saw that.

Avni: One minute.

Avni got up and went to Neil’s side. Avni held Neil’s shoulder and Neil looked at the shoulder and then he looked at Neil. Avni took away the cushion from his back and her eyes fell on Neil. Avni continued her work and realized that Neil was looking at her. Avni looked at Neil and they got lost in each other’s eyes. Their eyes got locked for some time and then Avni got her senses and broke the eye contact. Neil lowered his gaze and then he looked at Avni. Avni helped him to rest on the bed. After that, Avni covered him with the duvet. Neil sighed.

Neil: Thank You.

Avni smiled.

Avni: Good night.

Neil: Good night.

Avni was about to move but something struck her mind. Avni looked at Neil who smiled but his smile faded to see Avni’s expressions.

Avni: How did you pick up my pillow?

Neil was shocked. Avni was looking at him. Avni waited for Neil’s answer but when she didn’t get any answer then she widened her eyes.

Avni: You got up from the bed.

Neil was shocked and he got afraid so Neil closed his eyes instantly and Avni was looking at him. Avni glared at him for some time and then she shook her head.

Avni went to her side and sat on the bed. Avni made the wall of cushions and Neil saw that. Avni lay on the bed and turned to Neil who was laying on his back but he was looking at Avni. Avni smiled to see him. Neil also passed a smile.

Avni: You shouldn't have gotten up from the bed.

Neil: I am better now. I can walk and the doctor also has asked me to walk in the room.

Avni made a face and Neil smiled. Avni smiled and they were looking at each other with a soft smile on their face.

It was the time of morning, the sun was shining in the sky and the birds were hovering over the Khanna mansion. Inside the Khanna mansion, Neil was laying on the bed in Fowler’s position and was in a loose T-shirt as he did not like the open shirt. He was feeling shy in front of Shweta and others.

Neil: Where is this Avni left?

Avni entered the room and Neil smiled to see her. Avni was dialing a number. Avni kept the phone on her ear and then the call got cut.

Avni: Tch.

Neil saw tension on Avni's face.

Neil: What happened, Avni, you are looking worried?

Avni looked at him while making a hmm sound.

Avni: I am calling the Healthcare assistant. I asked him to come before 8 o’clock but now he is not picking up the call.

Avni looked at her cell phone.

Neil: Why you are calling him?

Avni looked at Neil.

Avni: To give you a sponge bath.

Avni looked at her cell phone.

Neil: Oh.

Neil thought and got upset.

Neil in mind: You can also help me. You are my wife.

Neil lowered his gaze. The call got connected.

Avni: Hello.

Neil looked at Avni who was shocked.

Avni: What? How can you do this? You. Hello? Hello?

Avni checked the call and it was disconnected.

Avni: He disconnected the call. How can he do this?

Neil tried to get up from the bed.

Avni: This is so unprofessional and unethical. I will report about him to their hospital.

Avni was finding the number of the hospital and she turned. Avni didn’t know about Neil’s attempt to get up. Neil pressed his lips and tried to get up.

Avni: Is this their way to deliver services? Do they deliver their services like this?

Avni got the number.

Avni: Here is their number.

Avni dialed the number and kept the phone at her ear. Someone snatched the phone from here and Avni looked there. Avni was shocked to see Neil.

Avni: Neil.

Avni was about to say.

Neil: Don’t worry, I will manage.

Avni: But.

Neil: I said I will manage.

Avni was about to say but Neil interrupted.

Neil: I will manage.

Avni again attempted.

Neil: I will manage.

Avni looked on.

Neil: Relax, I will manage.

Neil smiled and turned to go.

Avni: At least let me call someone from the staff.

Neil: No, I will manage.

Neil was about to turn.

Avni: Papa?

Neil: No. A big no.

Avni looked at Neil innocently.

Neil: I am coming.

Neil was going to the bathroom and Avni turned. Avni saw Neil who went to the bathroom. Neil pulled on the tap and he tried to remove his shirt. Neil winced and Avni heard that in a room. Avni got alert and thought. On the other side, Neil was trying to pull off the shirt. Neil grinned his lips and got irritated. Neil winced and tried again. Avni came there and held his shirt. Neil felt that and opened his eyes. Neil was surprised to see Avni who looked at him and avoided eye contact. Avni tried to remove Neil’s shirt and helped Neil to remove his shirt. Neil looked at Avni who threw the shirt in the basket and kept her hair behind her ear. Avni looked at Neil and signed him sit. Avni held Neil’s arm and helped him to sit.
Avni gave a sponge bath to Neil who looked at Avni and then he lowered his gaze. Avni went behind Neil and Neil turned his face slightly. Neil looked at Avni’s hand and then he looked at Avni who looked at him and then she focused on her work. Neil turned his face and smiled. Avni came in front of Neil and she was giving him a sponge bath. The foam went into Avni’s eye and Avni tried to clean her eyes. Neil saw that and got up. Neil took the tissue and cleaned Avni’s eye. Avni looked at Neil and they got lost in the moment. Avni broke the eye contact, she took the towel and gave that to Neil whose eyes were on Avni. Avni went and Neil was smiling to see her. Neil wiped his body.

Neil came into the room and was shirtless. Avni looked at him and then she looked away because of awkwardness. Neil looked at Avni who turned and went to get Neil’s shirt. Avni was finding a shirt for Neil.

Avni: You shouldn’t have come like this. You should have called me.

Neil: I am fine now.

Avni took out a shirt from the hanger and then she shut the cupboard. Avni came to Neil. Avni helped Neil to wear a T-shirt and then she took him to the bed. Avni made Neil sit by resting his back on the pillow. Avni set Neil’s hair with her hands and was smiling. Neil was adoring his wifey. Avni looked at Neil and realized what she was doing. Avni felt awkward and she went from there. Neil smiled. Neil sighed happily.
Avni fed Neil with her hands and Neil wiped his mouth and hands.

Avni: I am going to drop Neav to School. I will give you medicine when I come back.

Neil: Keep the medicine box near me. I will have medicine myself.

Avni: You will have medicine? From where did the sunrise today?

Neil frowned.

Avni: The Neil Khanna who runs away from the medicine, will have medicine himself.

Neil made a face.

Neil: Very funny. You are saying as if I didn’t have medicine on time ever.

Avni: No, you have medicine on time but it has to be reminded you on time. Did you forget how I was used to reminding you on the phone and you were used to getting angry on that?

Avni instantly realized what she said. Neil’s smile faded and they got upset to think about that time. Avni looked at Neil who was looking down.

Avni: Ab, I am keeping the medicine box on the side table, have them after 10 minutes.

Neil nodded. Avni kept the vessels on the side table and went to get the medicine box. Avni kept the medicine box and took the vessels and went from the room. Neil looked at Avni and thought.

Avni came after dropping Neav at School and she was about to enter the room but she heard something. Avni frowned and she moved to the room. Avni looked into the room and she was shocked to see there.

Neil was sitting on the couch with his team and they were discussing something. Avni slowly entered the room and DD saw her. DD smiled and greeted Avni. Avni smiled and nodded. Neil looked at Avni. Other staff also greeted Avni who nodded. Avni looked at Neil who widened his eyes and understood that now he was gone. Avni will not leave him.

DD: Sit, Bhabhi.

Avni: No, thank you, you sit and listen to your Neil Sir.

Neil was surprised.

Neil: Ab, Avni, see, Bheema has prepared the tea or not?

Avni nodded and she glared at Neil who got surprised. Avni went from there. Avni came with Bheema and they kept the breakfast on the table. Neil discussed the case with his team. Avni looked at the side table of the bed and saw the medicine box. Avni looked at Neil and then she went to check whether Neil had his medicine or not. Avni sat on the bed and checked. Neil had his medicine. Avni sighed and looked at Neil who also looked at her and then he looked at the file. Avni thought.

Avni came after one hour but they were still busy. Avni went from there.

After some time, the team greeted Neil and went. Neil sighed and remembered about Avni. Neil was shocked.

Neil: Avni.

Neil thought and looked at the door.

Neil: She must be angry with me for neglecting my health.

Neil thought and again looked at the door.

Later, Avni came with two plates, apples, and a knife. Avni sat beside Neil on the couch. Avni kept the plates and started to cut the apple silently. Neil noticed Avni’s silent behavior. Neil thought and looked at Avni.

Neil: Avni.

No reply.

Neil: Avni.

No answer.

Neil: Are you angry with me?

Avni shook her head.

Avni: No. Why would I?

Neil: For neglecting my health.

Avni: It is your life. Do whatever you want to do. Who am I to say anything to you?

Neil: My wife.

Avni gave no reply.

Neil: Avni, Commissioner Sir called and asked me that he has sent DD and other staff to discuss a case. How could I say no to him?

Avni took the piece of apple and tried to feed Neil. Neil looked at the apple piece and then he looked at Avni. Neil ate while looking at Avni. Avni fed Neil who took an apple piece and tried to feed Avni. Avni looked at the apple piece and then she looked at Neil who signed eat. Avni ate. Avni took the apple piece from Neil

Neil: I am sorry.

Avni: It’s ok. Eat it.

Neil nodded and they ate the apple silently.

Neil: You have forgiven me, right?

Avni: Yes, Baba, I forgave you. But please have a proper rest.

Neil smiled and nodded.

Avni: Now finish it.

Avni fed him and smiled to see him.

Some days passed, Avni and the Khanna family took care of Neil. Neil was better now but he was still on rest. Though he was used to working from home. The police officers frequently came to the home to discuss the cases and plans. Neil’s leave was about to end so he asked DD to bring the files of the cases and he started to study them.

One day, Neil was sitting on the bed and the bed was filled with the files. Neil was noting down the points in the notebook. Avni came into the room and she made a face to see Neil.

Later, Neil was talking on the phone with DD and was walking in the room while talking. Avni was walking behind him carrying the plate of apples.

Avni: Neav, pick up your things.

Neav was playing the game on the cell phone.

Neav: Later, Mama.

Avni made a face and looked at Neil.

Neil: DD, get the reports here directly. I don’t want any delay.

DD was driving the police jeep.

DD: OK, Sir.

Avni: Neil.

Neil: And yes, bring the FIR copy also.

DD: OK.

Avni was walking behind Neil.

Avni: Neil.

Neil turned and saw Avni standing.

Neil: What?

Avni: Neil, fruits…

Neil: Tch.

Neil turned. Avni got angry. Avni saw the mess in the room. Neav's drawing book and colors were spread on the bed. Some colors and toys were spread on the floor. Avni looked at Neav who was playing a game on the cell phone. Avni got irritated. Avni closed her eyes to keep her calm.

Avni: Neil.

No reply.

Neil: So, DD, where was I?

DD: You are at your home and I am on my way.

Neil: OK. Come f…

Avni lost her calm.

Avni shouted: Am I the drum that plays at weddings? Why anyone don't listen to me?

Neil and Neav flinched. Neil turned and Neav looked at Avni. DD widened his eyes. Avni was glaring at Neil who got scared.

Neil: DD, I call you back?

DD nodded and cut the call.

DD: Aaj to Sir ji gaye.

DD looked up and prayed while driving.

In the Khanna mansion, Avni, Neil, and Neav were present in their room. Avni was glaring at Neil. Neil gulped. Neil smiled fakely but to see Avni’s deadly expressions, Neil got afraid. Neil looked at Avni like an innocent child.

Avni: Who am I, hmm? Who am I?

Neil: Wifey.

Neil smiled fakely.

Avni: No, I am a drum. I am a bell of the temple. Anyone who comes; will ring it.

Neav giggled. Avni looked at Neav and Neil turned his face. Neil kept his finger on his lips.

Neil: Ssshhhh…

Neav got scared and kept his finger on his lips. Neil looked at Avni.

Avni: I think, I am inaudible to you, father and son. It's like I don't have any value in this house.

Neil shook his head.

Avni: I am walking to and fro behind you carrying the plate of apples; asking you, Neil, have some apples. Neil, have some rest but no. Who listens to me here? No one… Look at this room.

Neil looked at the floor and looked around.

Avni: Is this my room or a fish market?

Neil looked at Neav who lowered his gaze.

Avni: It is a complete mess. I am asking Neav to pick up these things but no. Why would he listen to me when his father doesn’t listen to me? My whole day passes in collecting these things and running behind you father and son but who cares? She is not a human being. Avni is not a human being. She is an unpaid maid.

Neil looked on. Avni nodded.

Avni: Fine, don't give me importance. Don't give me value but at least think about yourself. Take care of yourself but no. You have just cured and still you need rest but no. The whole day, DD, duty. DD, duty. That's it. Sometimes, I think that you have married me or DD.

Neil was stunned and he looked at Avni astonishingly.

Avni: Because the whole day you talk to him on the phone or he himself comes here.

Avni nodded.

Avni: OK. Don't give me value.

Avni went to the couch. Neil and Neav were looking at her.

Avni: From now, I will not say anything to you two. Do whatever you want.

Avni kept the plate on the table in anger and sat on the couch by folding her arms. Neil and Neav widened their eyes and were shocked. They looked at each other and then they looked at Avni. Neil thought and turned to Neav.

Neil: Neav, what is this? Why you have made the room a mess?

Avni looked at Neil who looked at her from the corner of his eyes. Neav was shocked.

Neil: Mama gets busy at work day and night and you. You are doing this.

Avni raised her eyebrows.

Neil: Come on, pick up your things.

Neil picked up the toys and colors from the ground and kept the colors near Neav who kept them in the box and then Neil kept the toys in the basket. Neav pecked his bag and kept it with the pillows. Neil came to the bed and Neav stood on the bed.

Neav whispered: Papa, the old mama has woken up. I am going.

Avni looked at them while narrowing her eyes and Neil and Neav gulped to see her.

Neav: Papa, I remember, Dadu called me so I am going.

Neil was shocked. Neav ran onto the bed and jumped from it.

Neav said while going: Bye, Papa, all the best.

Neav ran from there and Avni looked at him. Neil looked at Avni who looked at him and then she looked away. Neil thought and then he went to the other side of the bed and sat there. Neil sighed.

Neil: Aahhh…

Neil looked at Avni and then he rubbed his hands.

Neil: I am feeling hungry and low. My head is also spinning.

Avni looked at Neil.

Neil: I don’t have the strength to go and get that plate of apples. What do I do? How do I get those apples?

Neil looked at Avni from the corner of his eyes. Avni sighed and took the plate. Avni got up and went to Neil. Avni kept the plate on the bed and was about to turn but Neil held Avni’s arm and pulled her to him. Avni fell on Neil’s lap. Avni flinched and she looked at Neil who was looking at her lovingly. They got lost in each other’s eyes. Neil was smiling while looking at Avni. Avni broke the eye contact and she felt shy. Neil was smiling.

Neil: I will eat these apples but on one condition.

Avni looked at Neil.

Avni: What?

Neil: You will feed me with your hands.

Avni lowered her gaze and was feeling shy because she was on Neil’s lap. Avni turned and took the plate of apple and fed Neil who had a bit while looking at her and took the piece in his hand. Avni was about to get up but Neil pulled her back. Avni felt shy so she was looking down.

Avni: Ne, Neil, what are you doing? le, leave me.

Neil: I will let you go but first forgive me.

Avni looked at Neil who held his ears.

Neil: I am sorry.

Avni looked away and Neil felt bad. Avni looked at Neil.

Avni: You always do this. You always ignore your health when it comes to your work.

Neil shook his head and said umm hmm.

Neil: I ignored my health because I have my wifey to take care of me so why would I take care of myself?

Avni: So, you will ignore your health.

Neil: Hmm.

Avni made a face and Neil smiled. Avni looked at Neil and smiled. Neil cupped Avni’s face.

Neil: Never think that we are ignoring you and you don’t have any importance in our life. You are my life. I am nothing without you. I was busy on a call and thought to eat the apple with you and Neav once I ended the call but you just blasted before that.

Avni looked at Neil innocently.

Avni: I could say that. I was walking behind you like a fool.

Neil smiled.

Neil: I was liking it. I like it when you treat me like a baby.

Avni made a face. Neil smiled and pulled Avni’s cheeks.

Neil: I love you, my cute wifey.

Avni smiled and Neil hugged Avni.

Avni: I love you too.

Neil sighed happily.

Neil in mind: My older Avni is coming back slowly. I wish everything will become like before between us.

Neil sighed and looked at Avni. Neil kissed Avni's cheek who smiled while her eyes were closed. Neil closed his eyes and felt Avni's closeness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.1K 769 29
He:..., promise me whatever happens we will always be like this. You will never leave me. She: Promise! β°†β°†β°†β°†β°†β°†β°†β°†β°†β°†β°†β°†β°†β°†β°†β°†β°† She: mom! why can't you u...
37.2K 4.8K 26
This story is about two people who have some past. Both faced something in their life and because of that they become heartless. Book cover: @adorabl...
12.3K 1.1K 24
Hi there all lovely people ..I am writing a story about AVNEIL this story iS full of romance,action,emotions,family drama and a lot more.....so here...
35.2K 3.6K 32
What's love? Being with them who u love or staying away from them? Catching hold onto them or letting them go? Giving anything just to be with them o...