Farmeed / One-shot Series

By YaamiThinksNot

A series of separate, made up scenarios for Farjaad and Umeed. Sharing a little piece of my brainriot with yo... More

~ a dreamy proposal ~
~ a shopping saga ~
~"ye mera office hai"~
~taaron se karein baatein~
~ a disaster date? ~
~ a disaster date 2 ~
~ holding on and letting go ~
~ home is wherever I'm with you ~
~ twinning, or maybe not~
~chai aur ice-cream?~
~ a cliched date night~
~choti choti khushyaan~
~ one ring is all it takes ~
~ late mornings and celebrations ~
~ chitta kukkar baneray te ~
~it's just a game~
~ through thick and thin ~
~ happy anniversary ~
~ an unwanted dinner ~
~ loving can hurt? ~
~ pretty little lies ~
~ we're a team, right? ~
~ the realities of life ~
~ our little fairytale ~
~ you're my medicine ~
~ hello, welcome home~
~ starry night~

~ we're a great team! ~

805 56 7
By YaamiThinksNot

(This is a continuation of the previous part)

Umeed kept fumbling her fingers as she paced around the room. Farjaad finally had enough. He was beginning to feel dizzy with her constant movement. Placing the laptop to the side, he finally spoke up. 

"Umeed! Kya masla hai? Kyun kamray ke pheray lagaye ja rahi ho?"

She stopped for a while as she turned to look at him, pouting her lips. 

"Tension ho rahi hai buhat"

"Kis cheez ki?"

"Ye jo aap ne sab ko daawat pe bula liya hai, is ki!"

He sighed, getting up. 

"Is mein tension wali kya baat hai?"

"Tension ki baat hai. Chaar ghentay reh gaye hein. Sab aaye hue hon gay, phir se koi garbar ho gayi, to?"

"To kya? Sab apnay hi log hein, konsa koi ghair hein?"

"Farjaad, mujhe achay se pata hai ke sab ko yehi lagta hai ke mein sirf waqt zaaya kar rahi hoon cafe chala ke. Mein nahi chahti ke un sab ko yaqeen hi ho jaye."

He moved closer to her, holding her firmly by the shoulders. 

"Umeed, aisa kuch bhi nahi ho ga. Mene tumhein pehle bhi kaha tha na ke hum mil ke kar lein gay handle."

"Aap ko nahi pata, mein hamesha koi na koi bongi maar jati hoon, ya khudi se kuch ulta ho jata hai."

"Ab aisay weham le ke jao gi to waqaye kuch garbar hi ho gi. Listen, sirf ghar ke log hein, unhein chai serve karni hai, nothing will go wrong. Trust me!"

She wanted to believe him. She really did. So she looked him in the eye for the reassurance she always found there. 

"Pakka?"

"Jee, pakka."

"Aur aap meri madad karein gay na?"

"Bilkul karoon ga. Aaj ka aap ka waiter haazir hai."

He smiled.

"Waiter?"

"Haan to owner to tum ho, tumhara cafe hai. Mein to mulazim hi hoon na."

"Aap? Mr. CEO? Mulazim?"

"Jee, Pasha's cafe ka mamooli sa mulazim."

"Acha, aur kya tankhua lein gay aap is mazdoori gi."

Farjaad smirked, leaning closer to her ear. 

"Monetary nahi, mujhe koi aur payment chahiye."

Umeed gasped, elbowing him, making him laugh. 

"Rehne dein aap, mujhe aap ki services nahi chahiyein, shukriya."

She pushed him, walking away, but Farjaad was quick to grab her by the elbow, crashing her into his chest. 

"Pakka? Kaafi varied qisam ki services provide kar sakta hoon mein. Soch lein, aisa heera baar baar nahi milay ga aap ko."

"Aik mil gaya hai na, wohi buhat hai. Shukriya."

Giving him a light push, she walked towards the closet. She scanned through her clothes, unable to decide on something for the night. 

"Mein pick karoon aaj tumharay liye?"

"Okay, magar phir mein aap ke liye pick karoon gi"

"Jee begum sahiba, aap to sherwani bhi nikal dein to hum pehan lein."

"Aap dialogue maar maar ke thaktay nahi hein kabhi?"

Farjaad placed his hand under his chin, pretending to think hard. 

"Hmm, kabhi kabhi. Par kya karein, majboori hai"

"Taubahhh"

He rummaged through her closet before picking out an emerald green co-ord set. 

"Hmm, ye pehna hai tum ne kabhi? I don't think I've seen it."

"Nahi, ye wala nahi pehna shayad abhi tak."

"Acha lagay ga tum pe, aaj ye pehan lo"

Umeed picked out a similar colored shirt for him and handed it over. 

"Theek hai, phir aap ye pehnein gay."

"Seriously Umeed? Itnay maheenay ho gaye hein, tumhara twinning wala shouq nahi gaya?"

He chuckled.

"Khudi to kaha tha, we're a team! Team green!"

"Team green? Hum cricket khelnay ja rahay hein?"

"Wese buhat hi baray doghlay insaan hein. Abhi kitni baatein kar rahay thay ke sherwani bhi pehan loon ga, ab aik shirt pe hi nakhray nahi khatam ho rahay! Khudi apni marzi se nikaal lein kuch"

She snatched it from his hands. He took it back. 

"Acha baba, mazaaq kar raha tha, naraaz to nahi ho."

"Jo cheez insaan ko karni na aati ho, wo nahi hi karni chahiye."

She forced a smile before walking out with her clothes, leaving Farjaad smiling to himself. 

There was the usual Saturday traffic in the cafe as they sat on the "reserved" table at the corner, waiting for the families to arrive. Umeed had wanted to close the cafe to regular customers, but Farjaad was adamant that the family should witness it in its normal way to realise that it was going successful. Umeed impatiently tapped her fingers on the table, wanting to get this ordeal over and done with, getting even angrier at seeing Farjaad be as cool as a cucumber. But then again, it wasn't his reputation that was on the line. 

She jumped up when she saw her family walk through the entrance of the cafe as she began repeatedly slapping Farjaad on his arm. 

"Farjaad, aa gaye hein wo sab!!"

"Umeed yaar maarna to band karo, nazar aa raha hai mujhe."

He rubbed the sore spot on his arm as he stood up straight to greet the family. Niggo and Mimi entered in right after them. Farjaad casually slipped in his left hand into Umeed's as they greeted everyone, making her loosen up immediately. 

 Farjaad really wasn't joking when he agreed to be the waiter for the night as he handed everyone a menu card and then noted their orders. 

"Mere liye aik alfredo pasta"

Sameer said confidently, earning him a glare from Umeed. They had started a food menu too, but she was really hoping everyone would stick to only beverages. But who was she kidding? It was time for dinner anyway. 

"Motay! Thoons thoons ke phatt jao gay aik din"

She gave him a light punch on the arm. To her dismay, everyone had ordered something to eat as well, agreeing to have tea after dinner. 

As she began walking towards the kitchen after getting the orders, Haya stood up. 

"Umeed, mein chaloon tumharay saath?"

"Aray nahi Haya, tum betho. Mein hoon Umeed ke saath. We'll handle it!"

Farjaad smiled warmly at her before holding Umeed's hand in his and walking towards the kitchen, where he told the order to the chef, giving him special instructions to make sure everything was perfect. 

Behind the kitchen was a little open space, which was reserved only for staff. Umeed had decorated it with many plants and lights, and had set up her open-air office there by getting a wooden structure and roof installed. She would often come out here in the middle of work when things got too overwhelming. It had became her favourite place over the past few months. She had made sure to get jasmine plants, as the scent always managed to calm her down. 

Farjaad held her hand and walked through the kitchen space, bringing her out there. He knew she loved this spot. Closing the door behind him, he stood in front of her with his arms crossed. 

"Mujhe ye wali Umeed bilkul bhi achi nahi lag rahi. Mujhe meri biwi chahiye wapis."

"Aap ki biwi wala mode is waqt off hai, abhi yehi wali Umeed mil sakti hai."

He sighed overdramatically before walking away, making Umeed furrow her eyebrows. He walked back a few moments later with a handful of jasmine flowers in one of his hands, the other hand behind his back. 

He brought the hand up to Umeed's nose, motioning her to smell them. She didn't know he knew about this! Smiling lightly, she closed her eyes, taking in the scent of the flowers through deep breaths. She felt her muscles relaxing and Farjaad observed her closely. 

Her eyes still closed, he brought his other hand forward, holding a white rose. He skillfully placed it in her hair, right behind her ear, making her open her eyes. She touched the flower with her hand, then looking at him questioningly. 

"Ye kya hai?"

"Nazar par gayi thi, khoobsurat lag raha tha. Socha tumharay baalon mein zyada khoobsurat lagay ga"

He smiled softly as he tilted his head lightly to look at her closely. 

"Ye wala dialogue bhi majboori mein maara hai ya ye genuine hai?"

She teased him. 

"Tumhara kya khyaal hai?"

"Mein to aap ke pyaar mein aisi pagal hoon, mein to sab ko hi genuine samajhti thi. Ye aap ne naya fear unlock kar diya hai."

He chuckled as he held both her hands in his. 

"Mein chah ke bhi aap ki jhooti tareef nahi kar sakta madam, kyun ke jo bhi kahoon, wo quality aap mein sach mein hi paayi jaati hai. Jhoot kya hi bolon."

"Ye wala pakka jhoot tha"

She chuckled to try and avoid the blush that was creeping up her face. Farjaad bit his lip seeing her cheeks turn a shade darker. 

"Umeed, mein serious hoon. Tum khud ko buhat underestimate karti ho. Tumhein pata bhi nahi hai tum kitni khaas ho. Honestly, mein buhat khush qismat hoon that I have you."

Umeed bit her lip as they curled into a smile. 

"Acha ab chalein, order ready ho gaya ho ga."

"Haan, chalo. Bas aik baat."

"Kya?"

"Wese to I know ke tum aaj sab kuch buhat achay se manage kar lo gi. Par regardless of it, ye bilkul mat samajhna ke tumhari worth is cafe se, ya is ki kamyabi se determine hoti hai. Tum jesi ho, wesay hi buhat khaas ho. Tumhein kuch prove karnay ki zarorat nahi hai."

Umeed smiled widely as she threw her arms around his neck, making him lose his balance only slightly. He was quick to regain his composure as her held her by her waist. 

"Thank you"

She whispered in his ear, and he responded by tightening his hold around her waist. 

Moments later they stood by the table with Farjaad holding the tray in his hand and Umeed placing everyone's orders in front of them, making sure to not make any error. 

"Aur ye Pasha sahab, aap ka sandwich"

She grinned once she was done with all the orders, looking at Farjaad who smiled back at her, giving her a nod of appreciation. Both of them sat down on their seats, enjoying their dinner with all of their important people surrounding them. The cafe was reaching its peak clientage as the customers kept arriving and being treated by the waiters. Umeed looked at Farjaad as she intertwined their hands from underneath the table. He gave her a side-eye and placed his other hand on top of their hands as he continued talking to Pasha sahab. 

Umeed kept looking on at the two most important men in her life. A sight she could never have enough of. 

~

Mr and Mrs. Farjaad Khan had formed a habit of spending quiet, lazy Sunday afternoons, where they would just spend moments of peace, enjoying each other's company. After the busy night, that was what they were up to. Farjaad was sat on the sofa reading a book, while Umeed had her head on his lap as she scrolled through reels on her phone. Every now and then she'd find something funny and show it to him. One of Farjaad's hand was holding the book, while the other kept playing with strands of Umeed's hair, twirling them around his fingers. 

"Farjaad, ye dekhein"

"Hmm?"

He didn't look up from his book, he knew she'd shove the phone on his face soon anyway. 

"Ye dekhein na, ye kitna pyaara view hai. Hum na chutiyaan plan kartay hein, yahan chalein gay!"

And she did exactly that, putting the phone so close to his face, he couldn't even see what she was showing him. Pulling his head slightly backward, he finally got a look at what was on the screen.

It was a small pastry shop located somewhere in the Alps, looking over the snow-covered mountain tops. 

"Tumhein pahaar pasand hein?"

She got up excitedly, something she did when she was about to go on a rambling spree. 

"Buhat buhat pasand hein. Pata hai aap ko, mein jab bhi paharon ko dekhti hoon na, screen ke peeche se hi mujhe aisi taazgi si mehsoos hoti hai. Aisay lagta hai ke yahan ja ke na dunya ke sab maslay hal ho jayein gay. Kyun ke paharon ki bulandi ke samnay insan ki zindagi ka har masla itna chota sa lagta hai. Par - "

Farjaad had now placed his book to his side, turning to face her. He was giving her his full attention. 

"Par?"

"Par mein actually kabhi gayi nahi hoon paharon pe"

He saw her face fall slightly as she began looking at her hands. 

"Kyun?"

"Baba kabhi humein ghoomanay phiranay nahi le kar gaye. Shayad un ko interest nahi tha. Mein to jahaaz mein sirf tab hi bethi thi jab Socho Pakistan attend karnay Islamabad gayi thi. Us se aagay to mene kuch nahi dekha kabhi."

Farjaad felt a sharp pang in his heart remembering how he hadn't taken her for honeymoon, and since then, Umeed too had gotten so busy with the cafe. It was the start of the third month of their married life. It wasn't like he didn't plan on taking her ever, he was just waiting for a time when they were both free from any external stress. He wanted them to have a relaxing trip. 

It suddenly hit him how stupid that thought was. Obviously there would always be something going on in their professional lives. They were both running businesses, there would never be a time when they were both free. He had to MAKE time for this.

He felt guilt creeping into him at the thought of not fulfilling a wish she had.

"Umeed - "

"Khair hai, itna masla nahi hai. Har koi thori na jata har waqt ghoomnay"

She laughed it off, she always laughed things off to show that she didn't care. 

"Umeed, I'm sorry."

"Hein? Aap kis baat ka sorry keh rahay hein?"

"Mein tumhein tab honeymoon pe nahi le kar gaya na, is liye"

"Aray nahi nahi nahi, mein ye sab aap ko is liye thori na keh rahi. Mera wo matlab -"

"Mujhe pata hai tumhara wo matlab nahi tha, par mene ghalat kiya tha, Umeed. Shadi ke shuru ke din qeemti hotay hein, wo waapis thori na aatay"

"Farjaad, it's okay. Aap kaam mein busy thay, mein samajhti hoon. Hum phir kabhi chalay jayein gay"

He shook his head. 

"Nahi, tum theek thi. Kaam to kabhi khatam nahi hota, saath saath chalta hai. Is ka ye matlab to nahi hai ke insaan baaqi sab kuch chor day. I'm sorry!"

She cupped his face in her hand. 

"Aap ke saath guzara har lamha mera liye buhat qeemti hota hai, chahay wo kaheen bhi ho. Mere liye AAP important hein, jagah nahi. Aap ko pata hai honeymoon pe mein kyu janay pe musar thi?"

"Kyun?"

"Kyun ke mujhe aap ke saath time spend karna tha, is liye nahi ke mujhe koi jaghein dekhni thein. Mujhe aap ko dekhna tha. Subah, shaam, har time. Wo jahan bhi ho, mujhe is se farq nahi parta." 

"Umeed, tum itni jaldi maan ke meri aadatein kharab kar rahi ho. Tum zidd kiya karo mujh se."

"Zidd insaan wahan karta hai jahan khuwahishein puri na hoti hon. Mujhe to bin maangay sab kuch mil jata hai."

"Mujhe andaza nahi tha biwiyon ko manana itna asaan hota hai."

"Ab khair itna bhi asaan nahi hota. Uthein, mujhe coffee bana ke dein."

"Coffee? Chai nahi?"

She shook her head. 

"Aaj mujhe Farjaad Khan ke haath ki coffee, un ke haathon se peeni hai."

"Achaa, chalein theek hai. Pilatay hein aap ko coffee. Aa jao"

He got up extending his hand towards her. Once in the kitchen, he picked her up and placed her on the kitchen counter, as she observed him. He began frothing the coffee, walking towards her with the mug in his hand and placing a quick kiss on her lips before going back towards the kettle. 

"Milk?"

"Hmm, yes!"

"Tch, aik to tum doodh daal ke coffee ka sara maza kharab kar deti ho"

"Aur aap ye black coffee pi pi ke karway kaseelay ho gaye hein puray"

"Achaa? Karwa hoon mein?"

He smirked at her suggestively, making her blush. 

Minutes later, he held two mugs in his hands as he walked over towards her. He brought forward the mug of black coffee to her lips. 

"Ye lo, zara meri coffee to meethi kar do"

She took a small sip from it while looking into his eyes. He didn't break eye contact as he brought the mug to his lips, placing them exactly where she had placed hers, before handing Umeed her mug. He got up and sat on the counter next to her.

"Oh by the way, sardiyan aanay wali hein"

"Karachi mein konsi sardiyan aati hein?"

"Karachi mein nahi aatein par Alps pe buhat sardi ho gi. Shopping karnay chaltay hein kisi din"

She choked on her coffee. 

"Farjaad - "

"Aur jo cafe tum dekha rahi thi, mene suna hai wahan buhat achay croissants miltay hein. Un ki recipe chura lein gay, Pasha's cafe ke menu mein add kar lein gay aa ke. Kya khyaal hai?"

"Kya bolay ja rahay hein?"

"Visa lagnay mein at least maheena dairh to lag hi jaye ga, December end ki tickets karwa loon? New Years manayein gay wahan"

"FARJAAD!"

She screamed to get him to stop, making him jump. 

"Kya bolay ja rahay hein, ye trip kahan se aa gaya bethay bethay?"

"Bethay bethay nahi, urr ke jayein gay"

Umeed laughed at his lame attempt at humor. 

"Aap ko waqaye mazaaq karna nahi aata."

"Maybe not, par mujhe tumhein hasaana to aata hai, mere liye wohi kaafi hai."

Umeed placed her head on his shoulder as she drank her coffee. 

"Umeed?"

"Hmm?"

"Kal ma ne raat mein mujhe bola hai ke she's very proud of you. Keh rahi hein cafe ka khana buhat acha hai."

The smile on Umeed's face widened as she snuggled further into him. 

"Aur Pasha sahab ne mujhe kaha ke cafe ki service buhat achi hai. Aap permanently waiter ban jayein wahan ke?"

"Manzoor hai, par mujhe meri payment har raat chahiye ho gi. Qabool hai to batayein."

"Hmm, har raat to mushkil hai, hafta-war chalay gi?"

"Hafta to buhaat lamba hota hai bhai. Sorry, in terms pe nahi kaam kar sakta mein."

Umeed laughed out as they kept on chatting over their cups of coffee. They made a great team for sure. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 76 5
What happens when a lie told for the sake of good becomes true for the lifetime Our girl umeed lies about her engagement with farjaad for her protect...
10K 785 17
Farjaad Khan. Umeed Pasha. One knows how to organize substantial events, the other knows how to arrange a magnificent wedding. He knows capacity calc...
822K 35.8K 52
{Book One: Abdallah series} "I'm sorry jawad" I stammered feeling his warm breath fanning my face, and his dark eyes boring into mine, with hate evid...
24K 1.1K 17
Fairytale oneshots from a viewer's POV 💛