ห—หห‹๊’ฐ ๐Ÿ’ ๊’ฑ | ๐ƒ๐ˆ๐’๐“๐€๐’๐“๐„...

By defmxl

โ†ณ โ ๐“๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž'๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ ๐ˆ ๐ฐ๐š๐ง๐ง๐š ๐ฌ๐š๐ฒ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ. ๐๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ˆ'๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐ž๐ญ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฅ๐ข๏ฟฝ... More

๐ˆ๐๐“๐‘๐Ž๐ƒ๐”๐‚๐“๐ˆ๐Ž๐
โ†ณ ๐๐‹๐€๐˜๐‹๐ˆ๐’๐“
๐๐‘๐Ž๐‹๐Ž๐†๐”๐„ - ๐™๐„๐‘๐Ž
๐Ž๐๐„
๐“๐–๐Ž
๐๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ '๐ฌ ๐๐ž๐ฐ
๐‚๐ซ๐ž๐ž๐ฉ
๐“๐‡๐‘๐„๐„
๐…๐Ž๐”๐‘
๐‘ช๐’๐’๐’—๐’†๐’“๐’”๐’‚๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’๐’”
๐…๐ˆ๐•๐„
๐’๐ˆ๐—
๐‘๐ข๐ฌ๐ž๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฆ๐จ๐จ๐ง
๐ˆ ๐Š๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ
๐’๐„๐•๐„๐
๐„๐ˆ๐†๐‡๐“
๐๐ˆ๐๐„
๐“๐„๐
๐„๐‹๐„๐•๐„๐
๐’“๐’†๐’๐’‚๐’™๐’‚๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’
๐Š๐—๐€๐‘๐ˆ
๐๐„๐“๐„๐˜๐€๐Œ
๐๐„๐˜๐“๐ˆ๐‘๐ˆ & ๐‰๐€๐Š๐„

๐Œ๐€๐”๐…๐€๐„๐˜

285 8 1
By defmxl

˗ˏˋ꒰ 🍒 ꒱

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐎𝐅 𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐀 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐄, 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐄

Maufaey wasn't too keen on memories; many times he wished he could forget everything. But his mind doesn't work that way. Since Maufaey was little his father or mother never shared any interest with him, only his sister. They spoke highly about Ronal, speaking about how she would manage to be the next Tsahik. But Maufaey didn't care about becoming a leader, he just wanted to be himself and his father hated that. Maufaey would spend time wandering the beaches on Awa'atlu doing Eywa knows what but every time his father found him he would be faced with a harsh lecture, saying, 'You are the son of an Olo'eyktan so act like one!'

At times his parents were caring but Maufaey got on their last nerve. But to Ronal, he didn't, she liked how thoughtful he was and how he didn't manage to catch the personality of their father like she did. Maufaey was soft-hearted like their mother but was still rough around the edges. Their father wanted him to become a warrior and then become Olo'eyktan but he spent his time lazing around. But Maufaey would soon regret not listening to his father, even though the war took place in the forest some humans took advantage of that and went on a raid in the sea. The sky people killed off the tulkun all Maufaey could do was watch, he wasn't strong enough to join nor smart enough to plan with his father.

Then Payakan decided to strike at the sky people, now Maufaey believed that this was his time. He remembered how he swam out into the sea on his Tsurak, following right after Payakan pleading that he shouldn't do such a thing. But Maufaey wasn't smart enough, of course, he had to get into a worse predicament. When Maufaey's mother noticed he had fled to warn Payakan she swam right after him, Maufaey it was a stupid decision for her to make, she should've let him die on his own—it would have been better for the clan; for his father. That day many Metkayina had lost their lives including his mother, when Maufaey returned to the village he was faced with his angered father. The Olo'eyktan was so livid that he chose not to speak to Maufaey, his father's glare was imprinted into Maufaey's young mind.

Not only did Maufaey lose his mother but the people lost their Tsahik, it was a tragedy for everyone. Ronal was quick to take her mother's spot; she had to lay her grief aside and stand to become the new Tsahik when Maufaey watched his little sister come to the rescue for the Metkayina he decided it was his time to finally be someone. But his mindset was only set on revenge against those greedy sky people. While he spent his time training his father would watch from the sidelines; his gaze holding nothing other than judgment. Maufaey spent years perfecting his spear skills, he had contributed a lot to the Metkayina and the people were glad he had finally decided to put his life on track.

Maufaey had never had an interest in women before he found them to be nuisances and he'd rather stay alone until his death. But the day came for his younger sister to be mated, the Olo'eyktan's son came from another village off the coast to Awa'atlu and then was followed by some healers. Maufaey remembered staring down his sister's new mate, Tonowari, he thought he was softer than an ilu, not a strong bone in his body to fight for their village. Maufaey remembered speaking to his father about becoming Olo'eyktan, that he had worked hard for it so he deserved it now, but his father's grudge lived on—dismissing him that he had other na'vi in mind to lead the village when he's gone, Maufaey prayed that would be soon.

Upon meeting Tonowari, Maufaey wasn't impressed, even though Ronal would scold him for being so rude he didn't care—Tonowari was taking something that wasn't his. But his mindset changed when his eyes laid upon one of the healers, her soft smile melted his heart, her long curly hair shined in the sun, voice so soft it brought pleasure to Maufaey's ears; everything about her was perfect. But it seemed as if she didn't share the same interest, her attitude would switch when she was around him. Ä'uu thought he was rude; his snarky attitude towards Tonowari made her skin prickle. His glares that were directed towards them made her angry so one day after the communal meal she confronted him. Maufaey said nothing at all, only watching her yell at him; that day on he had grown madly in love and started courting her, completely disregarding the Olo'eyktan situation. It was slow but Ä'uu's feelings of distaste towards him faded and started falling for him too. Ä'uu started courting him as well; the first she exchanged with him was a carefully woven bracelet.

Once Ronal and Tonowari were mated Maufaey approached his father, speaking to him of wanting to mate with another. Of course, his father didn't care. Maufaey didn't understand why he told him in the first place, maybe to see if he cared. No. Of course not. Ä'uu soon left her old village to start anew with Maufaey, it was a dream to both. But years later Maufaey and Ronal's father grew extremely ill, Ronal tried everything to heal him but soon after she stopped. Maufaey remembered the conversation quite well, 'There is nothing we can do.' Her eyes watered as she stared at her sickly father. Maufaey felt pity towards his little sister, Ronal was never mistreated like he was; she was adored and loved so he got why his death saddened her. But putting aside her feelings Maufaey didn't care about his father dying, it was a relief actually; like peeling off an old scab.

Years would pass from his father's death Maufaey and Ä'uu settled in for the first time in Maufaey's life he had been happy. Ronal would nag at him to start having his family, and that Eywa was sending her several signs. After the conversation with his sister, Ä'uu seemed to be extremely nervous but Maufaey knew what it was about. He wasn't stupid and he believed in coincidences so the moment she announced that she was pregnant with their first child he wasn't surprised. Nevertheless, he was joyful that he was able to start a family, every night when he stared at his pregnant mate's stomach he would swear to Eywa that he would not turn out like his father.

The day his daughter was born Maufaey was overjoyed the moment he held her he fell in love. Ä'uu had no clue what to name her so Maufaey decided to name her after his late mother, Kxari. Carrying her around the village strapped to his chest made him feel proud, showing everyone his newborn even shoving her in Tonowari's face. Kxari was a quiet baby, she never cried, only stared off into space holding a small toy Ä'uu had made for her. Soon after their second child came, Kutaan, nothing changed when she was born it just meant more bragging rights to Maufaey.

Maufaey's life went smoothly by then no more problems came his way and he was glad Eywa had blessed him to start anew. His girls only kept growing and that made him a bit sad but Ä'uu was ecstatic when she could finally play with them, braid their hair, and make them clothes. But as soon as his life started going uphill it tumbled down painfully. Maufaey remembered that night when he ran around the whole village in search of his mate and daughter, the horror he felt when he saw Kxari limp in the arms of another warrior. His shaky hands were too scared to touch her already fragile body. Sending them off to the Tsahik he ran to the reef where his mate and daughter were earlier, he saw the empty basket and its spilled contents all over the rocky island, looking over at the sea he noticed the harsh waves from earlier had calmed down. Not thinking for a moment he dove into the ocean, using all the strength in his arms he reached to the bottom of the deep sea—plants that were covered in bioluminescence lit up her teal body, from afar it seemed as if she were asleep. Maufaey grabbed her body carefully and swam up to the surface, throwing her on the island. He was quick to perform CPR but she wouldn't budge—not an ounce of life came out of her. Praying to Eywa that this couldn't be real he brought her limp body to his chest and his hand grazed over the open wound on her head, more tears flowed from his eyes when he noticed that he wasn't able to prevent any of this no matter what.

When he came back to the village he held his dead mate close to him, other na'vi who were alarmed by the incident watched as he passed by them. Entering the healing mauri, Ronal perked up from treating Kxari and saw Ä'uu limp in his arms, disregarding her own emotions she finished with Kxari and explained the funeral preparations to him. Once he was finished washing Ä'uu's body he stripped her from her accessories and placed them in a shell then carefully tied her body. Returning to the healing mauri, Ronal was creating pastes for Kxari and the funeral paint—Maufaey crouched down to his daughter's body, staring down at her sleeping form; he couldn't help but feel detached from her. Maufaey didn't want to blame his daughter for his mate's death but his mind thought otherwise. Maufaey waited until Kxari woke up; He watched her cry and cry but he didn't lend out a hand to her like he used to, visibly flinching back when Kxari went in for a hug.

Ä'uu's funeral was beautiful, it was never meant to happen so soon but Eywa had other plans. Maufaey didn't remember anything else but watching as the healers laid her in the leaf casket, her face calmly rested. Ä'uu's parents weren't present, they disapproved of Ä'uu moving away, and Maufaey remembered how badly they fought. In the end, Ä'uu's parents decided that if she left their home they would no longer be a family even though what her parents said Ä'uu decided to leave anyway. Throughout the entire funeral, Maufaey regretted letting them both go out that morning, his mate should be alive. Looking behind him he saw Kxari's tear-stained face and Kutaan's confused face, they were both far too young to see their mother dead. Grabbing her stiff body he allowed his daughters to touch her one more time, Kutaan laid her hand on her mother's shoulder but Kxari only stared at her, small hands not leaving the leaf casket. With a final look Kxari; Maufaey sunk into the water, getting closer to the yellow tendrils he didn't want to let go; Ä'uu should be with him right now he shouldn't be laying her to rest, they were supposed to die together. It was hard for him to let go of her, the yellow tendrils pulled her away from him. Ä'uu will forever be gone.

Maufaey knew that he had grown distant and moody between him and his daughters. Deep in his heart, he knew that he should be there for his daughters but he just can't. Every time he glances at Kxari and Kutaan he can just see her in them and it's so hard for him to come in contact with them. But soon his sadness turned into anger, Maufaey couldn't help it he just lashed out at the first person in the way and it always happened to be his daughter. At some point Maufaey couldn't hold in his anger anymore every emotion he had felt since he was a teen came out—the day that happened he had been training Kxari. Maufaey found it difficult to train her because she always had her head in the clouds and never paid attention like he once did. That day he just remembered screaming his head off, forgetting how silent tears ran down her face and her eyes wide with fear. After that Kxari seemed to focus more on her training sessions and Maufaey was proud that he was able to set her straight but the little pounding on his heart made him feel a slight pinch of guilt but not enough for him to see his daughter.

After every day was the same he trained his daughter, hunted, went to his mauri, and rested– that was all he did but soon changed when the Omaticaya came to his home. Maufaey was distraught when the Olo'eyktan, Tonowari, made another stupid decision. What shocked him even more was that his sister allowed them to stay even after their past events with Sky people. Even though the Omaticaya weren't sky people they were close with sky people and Toruk Makto once was one. Ronal knew Maufaey would come to her and complain about the situation so the moment she noticed him coming through her mauri she completely shut him out.

Training Jake Sully wasn't hard for him. Maufaey noticed he was cocky and it annoyed him. Maufaey noticed how Kutaan was friendly with the Omaticaya and that annoyed him as well. He remembered speaking with her about the situation but she only shrugged him off, turning to Kxari she only shrugged him off too. After that he'd watch his daughters from afar, he was quick to notice how Kxari wasn't very fond of them like he was and he was glad about that. But the rest was a bore; he had to stop training his daughter to train Jake Sully. The moment she was back for training she was back like she used to be with her head in the clouds but this time with a boy on her mind. Maufaey was angry when he found out it was Jake Sully's son but he never spoke about it, if she wished to ruin her life then so be it. Maufaey expected this from Kutaan but from Kxari was far from what he expected.

Maufaey always knew something bad was headed their way since the Omaticaya had sought shelter. He watched as his sister mourned over her spirit sister who was killed by sky people. The moment the children were being hunted down by the sky people. Ever since the death of his beloved he now had a swarm of protectiveness inside of him, he needed to protect his daughters. Killing off every sky person in his way he felt the anger in him finally diminish but a gut-wrenching feeling in his stomach grew. Returning to the village after the battle he searched everywhere for his daughters as the sun came up again he couldn't find them. The sound of wings flapping echoed throughout the village, running towards the sound he saw the Neytiri jump off her ikran and then Jake rise from the water.

Maufaey felt relieved when he saw Kutaan but it diminished when he saw her tear-stained face and Kxari was still missing, Jake was the first to notice him, his face adorned with open wounds and his eyes full of sorrow. Maufaey was hesitant to walk forward but when he gathered the courage he first reached Kutaan, his hand brushed against her wet face, he caught the way she flinched back, and his heart broke and pounded anxiously, turning from Kutaan; Jake walked forward with his daughter's body in his arms. Maufaey hoped she was just injured, that she would be fine when Ronal healed her. Maufaey remembered that fateful night when her small limp body lay safely in the warrior's arms now it was happening again but this time when he reached for her she was cold. His eyes widened when he took Kxari from Jake's arms, lowering himself to the ground he tried searching for life from his daughter. Maufaey noticed the dry blood on her stomach, his hands shook as he felt the open wounds that once bled. Why wasn't he with her? Why wasn't he there to protect his daughter? Bringing her limp body closer to him he hugged her. Maufaey didn't remember the last time he hugged his daughter, he should've hugged her the night she came back. A hand laid on Kxari's cold shoulder, looking up from his daughter he saw Kutaan, tears flowed from her eyes as she stared at her dead sister. Maufaey raised one hand and rested it on his youngest daughter's cheek, wiping her wet cheeks as she sobbed.

Maufaey was filled with regret as he washed his daughter's body, he noticed each scar that littered her body all because of him. Kutaan stopped sobbing a while ago, silence filled the mauri as they carefully tended to her body. Ronal and her family soon joined after to tend to her, he stepped out of the way as Ronal's children shared their prayers to their older sister. Maufaey never noticed how close they'd gotten, tears flowed from their eyes as they bent down to hug their sister. Ao'nung carefully took her armband off and tied it onto his bicep then replaced it with an armband with a beautiful flower; Tsireya carefully tied her hair with a beautiful hair tie, leaving out stray hairs like she used to when she was alive. Kutaan then took her sister's necklace off and tied it around her neck, Maufaey finally stepped forward and took his bracelet off, he wrapped it around her wrist. Ronal and Tonowari finished preparing her casket and carefully tying her body, they both took their time to pray for Kxari's safe travel to Eywa and as well bidding their last goodbyes.

After watching the Omaticaya put their son to rest, Maufaey and his family slowly swam into the calm waters. Maufaey knew this feeling too well, he remembered his mate's funeral it was all the same but this time he was laying his daughter to rest. DIsmounting the ilu he swam closer to his daughter's leaf casket, sliding her off he let them touch her one last time. Kutaan reached forward and rested her hand on Kxari's head, fresh tears flowing from her eyes again. Sinking in the water he took his time lowering Kxari down, Maufaey had never seen her so peaceful before. Maufaey was regretful, for not being there for his daughter, he should've been there to save her, he should've been there to comfort her when his mate passed, her mother.

The more Maufaey thought about it he knew he was just like his father. When he was younger he swore to himself that he would never be like that horrible man but now here he was regretting everything he put his daughters through. Looking at her tied body, her hands securely wrapped around her own body, she was curled together like a fetus in the womb. Maufaey's grip was gentle, this was his baby that had passed, not a warrior, his baby. The guilt ate at him, lowering his eldest daughter's body to the bottom of the ocean; he wished he could go back in time and fix everything. He didn't want to let go, he needed more time, and he had to fix this. But Maufaey knew he couldn't, he didn't deserve a second chance his daughter deserved to rest.

When the funeral passed he wanted to comfort Kutaan, he needed to comfort her. He may not have a chance with Kxari anymore but Kutaan was still there with him. But she only ignored him and went to the safety of his sister's arms. Nevertheless, Maufaey understood he wandered the village like he used to when he was younger, every memory of his daughter and his mate came back each one of them eating him up. Until Jake Sully came to him he was still painted with the funeral pain, his wounds now healing. It was quiet when they were face to face, Jake expected Maufaey to yell out to beat him for not protecting his daughter but he was only met with silence.

"I'm sorry I wish I could've done more to save your daughter." Before he could continue with his apology Maufaey cut him off.

"Your other children are alive, yes?" That caught Jake off guard. Maufaey's voice was stoic as well as his face. It seemed as if he didn't care that his daughter had just passed but Jake understood that everyone heals differently.

Jake nodded solemnly. "Then you've done all you could've. Think about your children now. Our children lie with Eywa and are now safer with her. Do not mourn when you know you will see your son again. One day but not soon. He will be waiting." Maufaey reached forward and patted his shoulder, turning his back on the Omaticaya Maufey walked away with tears streaming down his face. Maufaey needed to care for Kutaan now that is what Ä'uu and Kxari would've wanted.

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐎𝐅 𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐀 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐄, 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐄

˗ˏˋ꒰ 🍒 ꒱

ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ

I think is kinda caca but idk. We're getting a closer look at Maufaey everyone! Need that lore on why he's such an asshole. Anyways sorry for the wait I had half the chapter done but school got in the way. But anyways here you goooo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19K 513 28
Khalo, the twin brother of Ao'nung, meets Neteyam, the son of the Toruk Makto. Or What if the "I'll do anything for the ones I love." believer, fall...
125K 3.9K 55
Tรฌyawn and Aonung team up to get Lo'ak and Tsireya to stop have feelings for each other, but only end up falling for each other.
30.3K 457 15
โ ๐‘ณ๐‘ฐ๐‘บ๐‘ป๐‘ฌ๐‘ต ๐‘ณ๐‘ถ'๐‘จ๐‘ฒ, ๐‘ฐ ๐‘ต๐‘ฌ๐‘ฌ๐‘ซ ๐‘ป๐‘ถ ๐‘ป๐‘จ๐‘ณ๐‘ฒ ๐‘ป๐‘ถ ๐’€๐‘ถ๐‘ผ๐‘น ๐‘ฉ๐‘น๐‘ถ๐‘ป๐‘ฏ๐‘ฌ๐‘น. ๐‘พ๐‘ฏ๐‘ฌ๐‘น๐‘ฌ ๐‘ฐ๐‘บ ๐‘ฏ๐‘ฌ? โž โ ๐‘ญ๐‘ฐ๐‘ต๐‘ซ ๐‘ฏ๐‘ฐ๐‘ด ๐’€๐‘ถ๐‘ผ๐‘น๐‘บ๐‘ฌ๐‘ณ๐‘ญ, ๐‘ฐ'๐‘ด ๏ฟฝ...
62.7K 1.3K 23
"๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต, ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ. ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต." ๐—๐—๐–พ ๐—ˆ๐—…๐–ฝ๐–พ๐—Œ๐— ๐–ผ๐—๐—‚๐—…๐–ฝ. ๐—๐—๐–พ ๐—๐–บ๐—‹๐—‹๐—‚๐—ˆ๐—‹ ๐–ฝ๐–บ๐—Ž๐—€๐—๐—๐–พ๐—‹. ๐—๐—...