Cowboys and Angels

By TheQuietHufflepuff

The angels have fallen and the sacrifices threaten Sam's life. And one makes a decision that can only end poo... More

Aesthetic
Epigraph
Season Nine
01. I Think I'm Gonna Like It Here
02. I'm No Angel
03. Heaven Can't Wait
04. Holy Terror
05. Road Trip
06. First Born
07. Captives
08. Meta Fiction
09. King of the Damned
10. Stairway to Heaven
11. Do You Believe in Miracles?
Season Ten
12. Black
13. Reichenbach
14. Soul Survivor
15. Girls, Girls, Girls
16. The Things We Left Behind
17. The Hunter Games
18. The Executioner's Song
19. Inside Man
20. Book of the Damned
21. Angel Heart
22. Dark Dynasty
23. The Prisoner
24. Brother's Keeper
Season Eleven
25. Out of the Darkness, Into the Fire
26. Form and Void
27. The Bad Seed
29. The Devil in the Details
30. Into the Mystic
31. The Vessel
32. Beyond the Mat
33. Hell's Angel
34. All in the Family
35. We Happy Few
36. Alpha and Omega
Book Four

28. Our Little World

38 5 0
By TheQuietHufflepuff

GAZEBO - NIGHT

Two young girls were sitting on benches. A girl was laughing.

Girl one sat on the back of a bench holding a bag of potato chips. Girl two was sitting on a bench across from her eating a chocolate bar.

"So, she says dating's gonna break my focus for academics, but that I'm allowed to date over summer break," girl one said. "How does that work? Like, "Hi, I'm Goldie. I'm only romantically available from June to August, but want to go steady?"" Girl two laughed. "I hate her. Like, look at me. I have to hang out by the tracks just to get my snack on."

"She won't let you eat chips?" girl two asked.

"Well, she'll let me, but just so she can make this face the whole time." She scrunched up her face and a cellphone rang; girl two laughed as she checked her phone. "It's like, "Sorry, mom, I can't survive on menthol and diet soda like you can.""

Girl two stood and pulled her purse over her shoulder as she continued to look at her phone.

Goldie, upset, protested, "What? No."

"Look, I hate my parents too, Goldie," girl two said. "They suck. But I got a curfew. Bye." She walked away as Goldie watched.

"Fine. Bye." She turned and a young girl stood in front of her. "Whoa. Hey." She looked around. "Where are your parents?"

"I don't have any parents," Amara replied.

"Sorry. Um... Are you okay? Do you want something?"

Amara stepped closer to Goldie and placed both hands on either side of her face and smiled. "I want to be like you."

Amara tilted hers and Goldie's heads back as a whispery light came from Goldie's mouth and into Amara's.

A girl walked barefoot down a concrete hallways. She was wearing Goldie's jacket. The girl walked further down the hall. She was a few years older than the girl with Goldie. She looked down as she walked into a room and didn't see Crowley sitting in a chair next to a small table to her right. As she passed, Crowley turned on a lamp that was on the table. Amara startled and turned.

"Midnight snack?" Crowley questioned. "Don't think I don't know what you've been up to. You can try to deny it, but the evidence is... Well."

"You told me to stop feeding on your demons," Amara reminded him. "Well... I stopped feeding on demons."

"I thought I was clear. Going out there, where they can see you - it's too risky."

"I'm a growing girl. I need to eat."

Crowley stood and walked towards her. "Actions have consequences around here, Amara. You've had the run of the court. We've seen what you've made of it. Believe me, this is going to hurt me way more than it hurts you. I'm sorry, my dear. You're grounded." Amara went to walk out of the room, but Crowley waved his hand and Amara was flung backwards into a sofa. "You're strong. But you need to remember -- I'm stronger."

"For now."

"Yeah." He turned and walked out of the room, closing the doors behind him, leaving Amara on the couch.

EXT. HOME - DAY

FALL RIVER, MASSACHUSETTS

Sam and Dean, in FBI suits, walked away from a home in a wooded area. A man stood on the porch, watching them walk towards the concrete stairs.

"Said you had a good feeling about that one," Dean said.

"Yeah, well, it seemed like a solid lead, Dean," Sam replied. "Only a soulless psycho would kill the family cat."

"Yeah, unless the family cat decides to take a nap in the dryer."

The stairs led to the street and the brothers walked towards the Impala, parked by the curb.

Sam continued. "You know, we've been here since Monday and still haven't found another legit victim. Maybe Amara moved on or stopped feeding altogether."

"Well... finding her victims is still the best shot we got at finding her," Dean reasoned.

"Not actually true."

Sam and Dean looked at each other across the hood of the Impala. Sam raised his eyebrows and looked at Dean expectantly.

"Oh, what?" Dean retorted. "You think she's ready? She's had a pretty rough go of it lately."

"Which one of us hasn't? Seems insane to leave our one and only angel friend on the bench."

"I'll call her," Dean replied, resigned.

"Thank you."

Dean dialed a number.

INT. BUNKER

Castiel sat in a chair next to a bed.

A man spoke. "...It literally doesn't matter."

A woman said, "Well, we're gonna get to all the results in just a second. We're gonna start with, uh..." A phone rang. "Let's go back to our first story. Uh, Louis, Silla, and Edwin."

Castiel answered the phone. "Hi."

EXT. IMPALA

Dean spoke. "Cas. How you doing, sweetheart?"

INT. BUNKER

On the TV, a female talk show host held a microphone. The caption on the screen was of the 'Jenny Jones' talk show titled 'DNA Tests Prove Fatherhood'.

"We did a DNA test on Louis," Jenny Jones said.

Castiel looked tired as she replied, "Oh, I'm fine. Find anything on Metatron?"

INT. BUNKER / EXT. IMPALA

Dean paced back and forth in front of the Impala while Sam waited in the background.

Castiel continued. "Um, nothing on angel radio."

"How long's it been since you left the bunker?" Dean asked.

"Oh, why would I leave? I've got everything I need right here."

"Wait. Is that - are you watching "Jenny Jones"?"

"It's a rerun." Dean rolled his eyes and looked exasperated. "She's just about to announce the paternity results."

"You are the father."

Castiel rolled her eyes and looked exasperated. "Jenny, he is not ready to be a father."

"Okay. I-I-I thought you were going with socially acceptable binge watching. Uh, you know, "The Wire," "Game of Thrones.""

"Yeah, well, a woman can't live on caviar alone, Dean," Castiel retorted.

"Well, you sound weird, okay?" A cell phone rang. "Bad weird. Exhausted. Now, I've been down this road before."

Sam answered his phone. "What's up, Detective?"

"I have heard the siren's song from the idiot box, and I'm telling you, whatever you're looking for, you won't find it there. So do me a favor."

"Oh," Castiel said.

"Turn off the TV. Go outside and get some air. We're in the dark here, honey. I need you back in the game, okay?"

Castiel sighed as Dean hung up. Dean looked at his phone, shook his head and walked towards Sam, who was on his phone.

"I get it," Sam said. "Yeah, well, thanks for letting me know. We'll -- we'll head out there right now. You got it."

"What's up?" Dean asked.

"That was Detective Madsen. Remember our friend Len?"

"Uh, weird as hell, soulless, took-the-rap-for-all-the-murders Len?"

"Yeah. He's dead."

The Impala started up, pulled away from the curb and headed down the street.

BUNKER - WAR ROOM

Castiel entered. Castiel, wearing a suit, put on her trench coat. She walked up the stairs and started looking nervous. She stopped in front of a door and saw flashes of herself punching Dean repeatedly.

"Cas! Cas! Don't do this. Okay, this isn't you. It's the spell."

Castiel's hand reached towards the doorknob as she continued seeing herself punching Dean.

"You can beat this."

Castiel was still in the hallway with disoriented vision.

"I will end you!" a man cried.

Castiel saw a man stabbing another man through the back of the neck with an angel blade. White light emanated from the wound. Castiel, eyes red-rimmed and in a white shirt covered with blood lunged forward.

"No!" Castiel cried. "Don't!"

Castiel punched Crowley repeatedly in the face. Crowley fell to the ground and Castiel stabbed him in the back.

Castiel continued standing in the hallway looking quite confused.

Castiel heard a voice say, "I won't let you walk out of this room."

Demon Dean beat Castiel in the War Room.

Castiel held onto the railing in the hallway, breathing heavily.

HELL - HALLWAY

Crowley and a demon walked down a hallway.

"Marco got one of them last night - a Len Fletcher?" the demon said in a questioning tone.

"Tell Marco to keep looking," Crowley instructed. "The last thing I need is one of Amara's candy wrappers blabbing to angels or hunters about what, who happened to them." They stopped walking and Crowley looked around. "Where is everyone?"

"Oh, our ranks have been a bit thin since Amara ate everybody. I've got some fresh numbers for you to go over before court. Soul projections -- they're not good. We're down for the quarter, which means that..." As the demon spoke, Crowley looked past him and pointed over his shoulder.

"That door was supposed to be locked and guarded 24/7."

"Of course, sir."

"I don't see a guard."

The demon spoke nervously. "Uh, right. Must be a mix-up. We're short-staffed and all, so..."

Crowley smiled. "Congratulations. You've been demoted. No one goes in or out of that room." He turned and walked away.

ANOTHER HALLWAY

A sign stated:

CELL AREA Authorized Personnel Only

A man in a suit walked through a cell-type door. Behind him, another man was pushing a gurney with a body bag on it. Sam and Dean were following.

Detective Marsden spoke. "Thought maybe a relative of one of Len's victims, but it doesn't feel like a revenge killing." The man pushing the gurney passed in front and they continued to walk down the hallway and turned a corner. "Too clean, like an assassination."

"Detective," a man called.

"Excuse me." He turned and walked the other way, into an office area.

Sam and Dean remained in the hall.

"You smell that?" Dean asked.

"Yeah," Sam answered.

"Yeah, either the detective needs to change his diet or, uh-"

"Sulfur. Len was killed by a demon."

"Yeah, but why would a demon order a hit on a guy with no soul? It's like Cracker Jack but not a prize."

A woman in the office cried, "Hands off, Deputy Dooty!"

Sam and Dean turned to look into the office. A police officer grabbed the girl, who was in handcuffs, by the arm and pulled her past Sam and Dean. The girl was Goldie.

"Who's the girl?" Sam asked.

"Goldie Schmidtlapp," Detective Marsden replied. "Was a normal kid, snapped this morning -- tried to kill her mom with a frying pan." Dean rolled his eyes, looking towards Sam. "First the ax murders, then Len, now this?"

Dean said to Detective Marsden, "We're gonna need to talk to the kid."

---

A black dog rolled down the street on a skateboard.

A man's voice spoke. "That's four legs on four wheels."

BUNKER

Castiel was lying in bed, in her suit, watching TV.

On the TV, a newswoman sat in front of a city skyline backdrop with 'OWW 2 News' in the lower right hand corner.

A newswoman smiled. "Ah, that dog thinks it's people." She turned to the camera and put on a serious face. "Up next, a very upsetting story outside of Omaha." Castiel laid in bed, smiling. "A downtown bar fight escalated tragically last night. And 'OWW 2 News brings you an exclusive video of the event. The footage you're about to view is extremely graphic."

The TV showed a video of two men fighting in an alley. People were yelling and one man took out a gun and shot the other. The news camera pulled back and a white van came into view. An image of a person was seen in the reflection of the van's side view mirror. Castiel's expression turned serious.

"Efforts were made to resuscitate the victim, but unfor-"

Castiel stood, holding the remote, and paused the screen, walking towards the TV. As she got closer, she rewound the program and froze the screen on the image in the mirror. Castiel's expressions went from puzzled and worried to surprised as the image was of Metatron holding a video camera.

PRISON

A cell door slammed shut. A person walked down the hall, a set of keys swinging in their hand.

"Hey, officer. I still haven't gotten my phone call," Goldie said from her prison cell. "Do you think I could get a pizza delivered in here?" She saw a young man standing there who wasn't dressed as a prison guard. "You're not the deputy."

"Nope," the man replied, opening the cell door and entering. Goldie looked scared and backed up further into the cell. "Boss' daughter's been making a mess in town," he pulled out a knife, "and it's my job to clean it up. Nothing personal." His eyes turned black as he lunged towards Goldie with the knife in his hand. Goldie backed up to get away, but the man stopped suddenly. His eyes cleared as he looked up and saw a Devil's Trap on the ceiling.

The man closed his eyes in frustration as Sam and Dean, in FBI suits, walked up to the cell.

"Nice work, Goldie," Sam complimented.

"So, Crowley and Amara?" Dean questioned. "Huh."

HOTEL ROOM

A brown hood was pulled off the man/demon's head.

"Rise and shine, buttercup," Dean said.

The man was tied to a chair in a hotel room. Dean was standing in front of him and Sam was across the room leaning against the window.

Dean continued. "Now... about what you were saying."

"What's Crowley doing with Amara?" Sam asked.

"Don't know, don't care," the demon retorted. "Wouldn't tell you if I did."

"Hmm," Dean hummed.

"Well, we already know she's growing up fast," Sam commented.

"Yeah, well, demon souls - they do a body good," the demon replied. "Little Muppet tore through half my buds before Crowley put her on a diet. She didn't like that. Started sneaking out to get her fill. You know how kids are. But daddy put his foot down."

Dean lunged forward and put a knife to the demon's throat. "Where's he hiding her?"

The demon laughed. "I'm happy to keep gossiping with you boys, but you want actionable intelligence? Torture me all you want. I know you'll just kill me anyway."

"Hmm. Well, it looks like a stalemate to me. I guess we go ahead and kill him right now."

Sam walked across the room towards Dean as he said, "No, no, no. Dean, wait. We can exorcise him."

"What?"

"Save his meat suit."

"My two cents?" the demon said. "You exorcise me, let me smoke on out of here, I give you my word not to tell Crowley." Dean scoffed. "Hey, you heard me." Sam looked at the demon quizzically. "He's hardly my favorite guy at the moment. I-"

"Wait a second. Shut up." They walked towards the demon and pulled the top of the demon's shirt to the side to reveal a bullet wound.

"Well, would you look at that," Dean said smugly.

"There's no way his suit survived that bullet wound."

"Mnh-mnh. All right." Sam shook his head and walked away, running his fingers through his hair, at the back of his head.

"Crap," the demon muttered before Dean leaned forward and stabbed him in the chest with the demon blade. "Aah!"

HOTEL ROOM

A cell phone was lying on a table. The screen showed 'Downloading GPS Data'. Across the desk was a laptop and the laptop screen had a map with the markers: 'Bar-Sydney', 'Goldie/Amara', 'Lizzie Borden's House'. There was a green triangle connecting the three places. Sam sat in front of the laptop. He looked up as Dean entered the hotel room.

"Hey," Sam greeted.

"Hey," Dean replied.

"Where'd you ditch the body?"

"School playground."

"Come on."

"Hospital parking lot. Whaddya got?" He walked further into the room and took off his jacket.

"Well, uh, good news. I was able to hack into his phone. Got the coordinates of his call history." He stood and walked towards Dean on the other side of the room where maps, pictures and notes were tacked up on the wall. "I guess Crowley must've had him tailing Amara or something, 'cause he was at all three spots. He was at the Lizzie Borden house, where Len got his soul taken, he was at the bar where Sydney got her soul taken, and he was here, where Goldie said Amara approached her."

Dean pointed towards the map. "Hmm. So, somewhere in there."

"Yeah, maybe. But what I don't get is, why would Crowley have Amara on earth in the first place? Wouldn't it be smarter to -- to keep her in Hell?"

"Yeah, but then he'd have to spend more time there, and he hates that place."

"Oh, right," Sam stated, scoffing. "I keep forgetting about you and Crowley's summer of love."

"I'm not seeing much inside this radius that he'd like better. I mean, you got farms, you got swamps."

"Yeah."

"This P.O.I., what's that?"

"Uh... Point of interest."

"I know what it -- what is it?"

"Oh. Let's find out." He walked back towards the laptop.

"Yeah."

"The Needham Asylum. Decommissioned in '63. Sound like Crowley's kind of place to you?"

Dean shrugged and looked back at the map.

ABANDONED HOUSE/BUILDING

INSIDE

Crowley walked through a set of doors. On the other side, Amara sat on a bed looking at animal memes on a laptop.

"What are you looking at?" Crowley asked. "Still learning all you can about the world?"

"If nonsensical slogans attached to idiotic pictures of domestic animals counts as the world," Amara answered.

"Excuse me?"

"Memes."

"Ah. Look, I know to you my rules seem..." Amara looked away, disinterested. "Unfair, arbitrary, as though I'm doing all this just to hurt you."

"I don't care why you do anything."

"I just want you to know that I'm not a monster. Jervis?" The door swung open and two men in suits dragged in another man in a US Mail uniform, bound and gagged, and pushed him to the floor. "I can't have you eating whatever, whenever, however much you want. I thought you might appreciate a little snack."

Amara stood. "I'm not hungry."

Crowley sighed and waved off the men. They picked up the postal worker and dragged him from the room. "I'll leave you to your memes."

He began walking from the room while Amara sat on the bed with her back to him. He got to the doors, let out a heavy sigh and slowly closed the doors as he turned back towards Amara.

Crowley spoke. "I have no idea what I'm doing here -- not a bleeding clue. Moment to moment, what makes you happy?" Amara rolled her eyes. "What will set you off? How do I even begin to forge a connection with you? But what I do know is you're growing so fast and it terrifies me."

"I bet," Amara said. "You only want me for the power I'll weld, and you know, soon enough, I won't need you anymore."

HOTEL ROOM

"So, we're really gonna do this... Now?" Sam asked.

"Hell yeah," Dean replied. "I've been looking for a chance to get back at Crowley ever since that crap he pulled in Cedar Rapids, especially now that we know he tricked me and made off with the Darkness."

"No, that's not what I meant. We're going in to kill Amara. Are you ready for that?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"Because we don't know the first thing about her, Dean. We don't know her powers. We don't know how to take her down." Dean looked down, frustrated. "Hell, you know what? We don't even know if she can be killed."

"I know," Dean said. "But she's too big of a threat to wait. I say we go in there and we hit her with everything we got."

Sam sighed, resigned, and walked away. Dean hesitated, then looked back at Sam, worried and unsure.

AMARA'S ROOM

Amara sat with her back to Crowley as he said, "You have tremendous power and soon you'll have even more. But I have something you lack..." Amara snapped her head around to face Crowley. "Wisdom, experience. I helped put Lucifer back in his cage." He walked closer to Amara. "I rose through the ranks of Hell, defeated all corners, to claim the throne. And, a few minor setbacks aside, I'm still here. I don't know how to impart what I've learned to you, how to teach you. And at the rate you're growing, I'll probably never get the chance to figure it out. Perhaps you don't need my tutelage. But I believe, deep down in my gut, I have something to offer you if you'd just give me the chance."

Amara stood and faced Crowley. "What are you asking for?"

"Time. Slow down. Play by my rules for just a little bit longer. You give me your patience, I'll give you my protection... until you decide you don't need it anymore."

Amara cocked a brow and smiled. "Okay."

---

NIGHT

A video camera was panned at the ground. A gun laid on the ground near the body of a man who'd been shot.

Metatron, who held the video camera, said, "Oh, this is good. A night-leader if I ever saw one." He continued walking around the body and filmed it on the ground. "And this is gonna fetch me $500, minimum." He leaned over the body, reached into the man's shirt and took out his wallet. "I, uh -- I know that $500 sounds like plenty, but with my overhead... daddy's got to eat." The man on the ground started coughing. "Oh, come on!"

"Help. Please," the man begged.

"I'm sorry, buddy. Y-you live, there's no story." The man coughed and gurgled as blood came out of his mouth. "You know, there was a time I could have brought you back from the brink with a snap of my fingers..." More gurgling sounded. "Not that I would have." Metatron took money from the wallet. "But I'm not that guy anymore. I can' save you." He dropped the wallet on the dying man's chest.

"I can," Castiel said.

Metatron turned to see Castiel standing in the alley. "How did you find me?"

"Same way you found him. Scoured the police scanners, got ahead of the authorities."

Castiel walked towards Metatron and leaned over the dying man. As she laid her hand over the man's chest, Metatron raised the video camera. A white light glowed over the man's chest.

"What was that?" the man asked.

Castiel stood and looked angrily at Metatron.

"What?" Metatron asked, annoyed. "Look, a real-life angel caught on tape? That is way better than some random homicide."

Castiel grabbed the camera from Metatron's hand and smashed it to the ground.

"Hey!" Metatron yelled. "Do you have any idea how much stuff I had to steal and then pawn to pay for that?!"

Police cars pulled up at the end of the alley. Castiel and Metatron ran off as the man who'd been shot sat up.

NIGHT

GATED ENTRANCE

Sam and Dean pushed on the gate and it swung open. They walked through.

"No guards at the perimeter?" Dean questioned.

They walked across the yard and up to the step that led to the front door.

"Looks like there are no guards at the door, either," Sam noted. "You two think this is the right place still?"

Sam and Dean continued walking up the steps and arrived at the door.

"Well... warding sigils," Dean commented. "And for the humans -- lookie here. A padlock you'd find on a middle school locker. Cocky son of a bitch."

Sam looked at his brother. "Dean, external security may be lax, but we still don't know how many demons we're gonna have to face inside."

"Well, let's find out."

Dean leaned over and started picking the lock on the door. When he did so, they walked through the doorway.

Crowley sat on his 'throne'. He looked bored as he looked at a book on his lap.

A demon spoke. "Turn to the graph at the bottom of 27, and you'll see a nearly 40% decrease in soul collections in the Pacific Northwest over the past three years. An unexpected consequence of legalized marijuana? Some analysts think so."

Inside the presentation on 'Domestic Soul Projection' was another book with the page open to 'Why She Fights. Understanding Your Rebellious Teen'.

The demon continued. "Others are not quite so sure."

LOADING DOCK - MACHINE SHOP

Castiel pushed Metatron off the edge.

Metatron grabbed his shoulder and cried, "Oh!"

"Okay," Castiel began, looking at the name on Metatron's hat before throwing it at him and continuing in an exasperated tone, ""Marv"... You're picking pockets, leaving a man to die. I-I -- I don't know what I expected, but this is disappointing."

Metatron rubbed his shoulder and upper arm. "One to talk. You chose the life of a wage slave, slinging slurps for, what, a month?" He stood and faced the angel. "I am in to win it. I was at zero when you took my grace, hiding from angels, not a cent to my name. But I found my calling, and I pulled myself up by my bootstraps and started a business. And, you know, my story has only just begun."

"What story is that? You're preying like a vulture on human tragedy."

"Oh!" Metatron exclaimed incredulously. "Castiel! What century are you in? Religion is dead! The novel? Deader. You think I'm ashamed for dealing in fleeting visual sensation, in gift-length glimpses of horror, waste, and degradation? No!" he yelled. "I just caught up with the times. Reality is the literature of our era, and I am out there, on the streets, every single night, capturing it! I am reality's author."

"Oh, save your story. It is not what I came for."

"Oh. So... straight to business. You want the Demon Tablet? Well, you aren't gonna get it. I have hidden it very carefully in a place where you and your friends-"

Castiel rolled her eyes. "You hid it," she reached into his coat and pulled out the Demon Tablet, "under your mattress. The TV station gave me your address, and I-I checked the place out. You realize you have bedbugs?"

Metatron, offended, asked, "You broke into my apartment?"

Castiel walked closer to Metatron. "What do you know about the Darkness?"

"The band?" Castiel stepped closer. "Okay. Uh... Sometimes during late-night writing sessions, when God was deep in his cups, he may have let slip a few choice words. But... I don't have to tell you anything."

"Are you forgetting?" Castiel said, grabbing Metatron by the collar and slammed him against a cabinet and speaking menacingly. "You are human now, and I could crush you like a bug."

"Could, but you won't. You think I didn't notice? You are broken, Castiel. You were always a bit of a Nancy, but this?" Castiel dropped her hands from Metatron's collar. "You have gone full wuss. I don't know what it was that happened, but whatever it was, you are scarred... deep, paralyzed by trauma, by fear." Castiel looked unsure, and Metatron scoffed. "I mean, look at you. You can't even hit me!" Castiel punched Metatron in the face. "Oh!"

Castiel grabbed Metatron by the collar again. "It's not fear." She punched Metatron in the face again and threw him through/against a glass cabinet.

"Oh! Aah!"

HALLWAY

Crowley said, "Hey, idiot, andale, -- Spanish for "get your ass over here."" The demon heard Crowley and walked towards his voice. "You think I've been paying your astronomical bar tabs..."

"Sir?" the demon called.

"...for the past five weeks so you can sleep past noon with last night's skank?"

The demon saw Dean at the end of the hallway holding his cell phone which was playing a message from Crowley. The demon ran towards him.

"Well, Dean?"

As he got to Dean, he was blinded by Sam who knocked him out and cuffed him.

"Sam?" Dean called.

Sam took the keys off the demon and handed them to Dean. "You know what? Go. Take her out. I got them."

Dean walked away from Sam and down a hall into Amara's room. Amara was seated at a desk filing her nails.

As Dean entered the room, she smiled and raised her head before saying, "I knew you'd come." She stood from the desk and stood in front of them.

"I'm sorry, Amara," Dean apologized.

"For what?"

Dean looked tentative. "For what I have to do." Dean held the demon knife.

"Hello, Dean," Crowley greeted.

Dean whipped around and faced Crowley, who flicked his hand and sent Dean flying across the room into a standing mirror. The mirror shattered and glass fell all around Dean.

Crowley continued. "My girl's growing up. Should have known it wouldn't be long before the boys came sniffing around."

Dean struggled to get at Crowley who pinned him to the wall.

"Aah!" Dean cried. "What do you want with her, Crowley? What, you think you can use her, control her? You're an idiot."

"I'm not trying to control her. I'm helping her to realize her fullest potential." He picked up the demon blade and 'hefted' it in his hand. "Do you know how disturbing it was to realize that I couldn't bring myself to kill you? I've had tone of chances over the years, some you don't even know about, but, still... I made my peace with it, embraced my softer side, learned to accept that there was just too much going on between you and I - bromide, besties." Dean's eyes widened in surprise. "But you know what? I think I am gonna kill you today." He pointed with the knife for emphasis. "I feel different somehow, ready. What can I say? Fatherhood changes a man."

Amara stepped behind Crowley and hit him in the back of the head with a blunt object.

"Aah!" Crowley cried, stumbling and turned to face Amara. She held out her hands towards the demon knife. Crowley's hand shook and he dropped the knife. Amara flicked her hand and Crowley's wrist bent back, snapping. She flung him into the wall, pinning him there.

---

Castiel punched Metatron and he fell to the ground.

"Aah!" Metatron exclaimed.

"The Darkness -- what do you know?" Castiel demanded.

"Okay. So I misjudged." Castiel walked towards Metatron, who was still on the ground. "You're not scared. You're mad. And I get it. I mean, it must suck being everyone's tool, manipulated and used by the angels, by your enemies-" He crawled away from Castiel as he tried to stand; when he was halfway up, Castiel kicked him in the stomach.

"-by your friends."

"Aah!"

HALLWAY

Two demons ran into the hallway. Sam was at the other end with an angel blade. He put it into the back of his waistband and ran directly towards the two demons.

---

Metatron's face was bloody and he stood as he said, "You though if you could get your grace back, it would help fix you, but it hasn't!" Castiel punched him in the face. "Oh! Aah!"

Castiel grabbed him by the collar with one hand. "The Darkness."

---

Amara faced Crowley as he was punned against the wall.

"Why, Amara?" Crowley asked. "I thought we had an understanding." He grimaced in pain.

"Yeah," Amara said. "Your promise to protect me. And, then, hours later, I'm assaulted in my own room."

"Well, you don't seem terribly upset by it."

"That's not the point. I've decided I don't need your protection, and I certainly don't need your captivity." She raised her hand.

"Aah."

"I'm done."

---

Sam was in the hallway fighting two demons. Sam knocked one out and fought with another, trying to get him into handcuffs. They fought back and forth until Sam finally knocked him out. As he took out the handcuffs, a third demon approached them.

"You trying out some kind of no-kill policy?" the demon asked, rushing Sam and pushed him against the wall with his hands around Sam's neck.

LOADING DOCK - MACHINE SHOP

Castiel punched Metatron in the face.

Metatron fell into a workbench and he cried, "Aah!" Castiel walked towards Metatron, grabbed him again and punched him viciously. Metatron smiled. "You're welcome."

HALLWAY

Sam and the demon fought. The demon grabbed Sam by the collar and pushed him up against the wall again, hands around Sam's necks. Sam repeatedly tried punching the demon's hands away.

The demon squeezed tighter around Sam's neck. "Oh, a hunter. You of all people should know pacifism doesn't pay."

Sam's eyes began rolling up into his head. One of the demons who was previously unconscious began to get up. Sam was close to passing out as he raised the angel blade and stabbed the demon in the stomach. The demon's head began glowing and he fell to the ground.

LOADING DOCK - MACHINE SHOP

Castiel fought with Metatron.

HALLWAY

Sam leaned over the demon on the ground, angel blade raised as though to stab the demon.

LOADING DOCK - MACHINE SHOP

Castiel had her hand raised over Metatron as though to punch him again.

"Aah!" Metatron cried. "Go on, Castiel. End me."

HALLWAY

Sam looked at the angel blade and dropped his to the ground. He kicked the demon onto his stomach and cuffed his hands behind his back.

LOADING DOCK - MACHINE SHOP

Castiel dropped her hand, letting go of Metatron and looked at her bloody fist before saying, "No."

HALLWAY

Sam stood and looked around the hallway. There was one dead demon and two in cuffs.

"All right," Sam said. "Two out of three." He walked out of the hallway, wiping the blood off the angel blades.

AMARA'S ROOM

Crowley was still pinned to the wall and yelled, "Aah!"

"Dean?!" Sam called.

Dean started to move away from the wall but Amara pinned him back to it.

"Uhh!" Dean cried.

Sam knocked on the door to Amara's room. "Dean!"

He started banging into the door with his shoulder. After a few tries he stumbled, looked confused, and fell to the ground as he had a vision. He looked scared/terrified and saw flashing of black concrete walls and chains.

"Aah!" Sam exclaimed, coming out of the vision and sat on the floor outside Amara's door, breathing heavily.

Inside Amara's room, she said, "It's time -- time for you to blink your tired ass-" she squeezed her fist and Crowley, bleeding from the mouth, grimaced in pain, "-back to your throne and lick your wounds. I'll spare your life on one condition. Safe passage for Dean out of here after I've gone."

Dean shook his head in confusion. Amara squeezed her fist harder.

"Yes!" Crowley replied in a strained voice. "Ah!"

Amara released Dean and Crowley from her hold. "Good. Now... Get. Out. Of my room."

Crowley glared at Amara.

LOADING DOCKS - MACHINE SHOP

"Oh, please, Castiel," Metatron begged. "Help me."

"You said you were happy, your "bootstraps"," Castiel reminded him.

"I was faking it. I mean, I thought, "how -- how hard could it be?""

AMARA'S ROOM

Dean was still by the wall with Amara's back to him. Dean bent down and picked up the demon knife.

Amara glanced over her shoulder. "You won't." She turned to face Dean. "You can't."

LOADING DOCK - MACHINE SHOP

Metatron cried as he said, "Can't take it anymore -- not a single human day. I mean... The indignities -- they just don't stop -- make -- making my rent and keeping my phone charged... Hemorrhoids."

Castiel crouched to Metatron's level. "You were right, Metatron. I am sick of having my strings pulled, which is why I won't let you manipulate me into letting you off easy. Tell me about the Darkness."

AMARA'S ROOM

Amara walked towards Dean whilst speaking softly and sweetly. "Tell me, what is happening here between us? You save me, I save you." She reached out and ran her hand along Dean's jaw. Dean continued looking at her, unsure of what to do. "What? You were the first thing I saw when I was freed, and it had been so long. Maybe that's it -- my first experience of his creation. You can't help but represent that for me - the sweet triumph and the even sweeter folly of what he's wrought. There's no fighting it. I'm fascinated."

LOADING DOCK - MACHINE SHOP

"The truth -- ha -- it'd make the Bible thumper heads explode," Metatron said. "I mean, they want their God to be a-a f-finger-snapping, all-powerful creator, you know... And the want magic... Mary Poppins." Castiel looked at Metatron, trying to understand. "But what he did -- creation... that took work. Took sacrifice. In order to create the world, God had to give up the only thing he'd ever known. He had to betray and sacrifice his only kin. The Darkness... His sister."

AMARA'S ROOM

"It's been great seeing you again, Dean, but it's time for me to go," Amara told him. "There's a whole world out there for me to explore, and I can practically taste it. Soon, I'll be strong enough to do what I came here to do."

"What's that?" Dean whispered.

"Settle an old score -- the oldest score." She looked down at the demon knife in Dean's hand and Dean's gaze followed. As Dean raised the blade towards her chest, Amara tilted her head slightly, as though inviting Dean to use the knife on her.

Amara shook her head. "Told you."

Dean blinked and looked at Amara, as though he couldn't comprehend what was happening.

Sam crashed through the door and stumbled into the room as he cried, "Oh!"

Amara threw out her arm and Sam flew out of the room and into the wall across the hall. Dean looked at Amara and down at the knife and lunged towards Amara. Amara threw him back against the wall and he fell to the ground. She looked at him and started walking out of the room.

BUNKER - WAR ROOM

Sam, Dean and Castiel stood, talking.

"Look, guys, I'm as glad as anyone that Stella got her groove back, okay? But you let Metatron go?" Dean said.

Castiel asked in an annoyed tone, "Dean, how many times are you gonna repeat that question?"

"I'm gonna say it again," he replied in an annoyed tone before he yelled, "You let Metatron go!"

"He's not going anywhere. If he makes a move, if he draws the slightest attention, the full force of angel-kind will snuff him out. Look, you -- either of you saw him. He is a human, and a pitiable one at that. He's not a threat to us. I-I mean, I put him in traction."

Sam looked between them. "Guys, bigger fish to fry here. Amara is in the wind."

"Yeah, God's freaking sister," Dean muttered.

"You said you were close," Castiel said. "Dean how'd she get away?"

Dean narrowed his eyes. "'m sorry, what part of "God's freaking sister" did you not understand? She overpowered me -- end of story." Castiel and Sam looked at Dean warily. "What's our plan here, fella, lady? You two said you got everything you could out of Metatron, right? So, where on earth are we gonna find an answer on how to stop her?" He looked at Sam before he took on a sarcastic tone. "I don't suppose God's decided to share any wisdom on the matter."

"I'll look into the lore," Sam replied.

Sam walked into the library area. He looked over his shoulder and back at Dean and Castiel, then stopped and leaned against a low bookcase. He looked nervous or scared. He closed his eyes and flashed back to the black concrete wall in his vision. There were hands coming through cracks in the wall. The image went dark and through several flashes of lightning, an ornate black metal box, suspended in mid-air by chains that didn't seem to be attached to anything. Sam breathed heavily, looking terrified. He turned his head as though to look back at his brother and the angel.

Castiel had taken Dean's hand and was looking at him worriedly.

BUSY CITY STREET

Amara walked, in slow motion, down the street.

THRONE ROOM

Crowley sat on his throne, looking despondent.

BUSY CITY STREET

Amara, still walking, leaned her head back and closed her eyes, as though in ecstasy.

BUNKER

Dean sat in the bunker, finishing a drink.

BUSY CITY STREET

Amara walked down the street.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 375 30
After ten years, the apocalypse seems to have ended, but no one can figure how, or why. Dean Winchester and his brother, Sam, had been hiding out in...
143K 3.8K 89
When the world starts to crumble around you, when you feel like you've lost everything, you gain a new perspective on life that comes with the best k...
48.7K 1.3K 22
PART ONE [COMPLETED] There's so much uncertainty in your life. Why won't any demons make a deal? What is Sam up to and why won't he return your call...
39.2K 974 17
"Your precious princess is dead. Long live the queen." ~°~ To save the world from the literal Biblical Apocalypse, Hunters Dean and Sam Winchester ha...