The Other Side Of Us - (gxg)

By supercollide

After moving away for college Kaden's life was as predictable as she had imagined. Living day to day until sh... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Fourty Two
Chapter Fourty Three
Elizabeth's Book

EPILOGUE

4.3K 202 89
By supercollide

Kaden's POV

"Calm down, I'm sure everything is going smoothly." I grabbed Jessie's hand while Laila was sat on my lap playing games on my phone. "Easy peasy."

That made Jessie glare at me, "Giving birth is not easy peasy."

"Ha, you are a dumbass." Jason pointed at me as he was sat across from us in the waiting room with Norah and their seven months old baby in her arms.

"Giving birth is not easy." Norah agreed with my girlfriend and gave me a look as well. "But let's hope is as easy as possible for Hayley right now."

"Sorry." I mumbled.

Not long after the first vacation in Montana at the lake house Norah and Jason revealed that they were expecting a child, nine months later Norah gave birth to my second adorable nephew Curtis Endo. Now here we are again at a hospital waiting room waiting for Hayley to give birth to her and Morgan's second child.

They meant it when they said they wanted all of our kids to be close in age.

Meanwhile I'll just have stuck to being some kind of... step mother? To Laila and I'm happy with that—I've come to love her like she's my own daughter as we spend more time together.

Jessie and Hayley worked hard on rekindling their friendship—still are trying to work on it according to Jessie, but is obvious she's trying hard, she spent most of Hayley's pregnancy by her side as much as she could.

"They've been there for hours though, how much longer do you think is going to take?" I asked to whoever would answer first.

"You were there when Marcus and Curtis were born, you know it takes time Kaden." It was Norah who answered me.

"It's only been nine hours, it could take longer than this. I took eleven hours of labour with Laila." Jessie said.

"True, I got twelve hours." Norah agreed.

"Yeah and I got an almost broken hand which hurt like hell." Jason chuckled making everyone stare at him—his smile fading. "But not more than giving birth... obviously."

"Nice one dude." I mocked him.

I turned to see Morgan's parents approaching us with both Marcus and Matty.

Morgan, Marcus and Matty.

What is it with the Valentine's and the M?

"How is it going?" Nick asked with Caitlin by his side as they stood in front of us while we sat in the waiting room—Marcus in Caitlin's arms, he learn to walk a few weeks ago but he loves to be carried around.

"Still nothing." I responded.

"There shouldn't be long until we hear from them." Caitlin said and sat across from us.

Jason handed Curtis to his wife before standing up and grabbing Matty and hopping him on his shoulder making him laugh loudly and yell.

"Jason!" Norah looked at him as he carried Matty upside down now.

"What? Oh." He looked down. "Don't scream Matty," he said before another look from his wife made him put the ten year old back on the ground.

Matty then stomped on his feet, "Dumbass."

Jason hissed, "You little sh—"

Jason didn't get to finish his insult towards the kid as he was interrupted by the sound of a door opening and Morgan coming out of it—her eyes red with tears and big smile on her face making everyone stand up.

"How is she?" Jessie was the first one to ask.

"Tired but she's okay... and so are they." Morgan looked to all of us—her smile couldn't possibly get bigger.

"Wait... they?" I frowned.

Morgan nodded excitedly, "We got twins!"

"Twins?!" Jason yelled.

"Twins..." Jessie mumbled in shock by the news.

"You have to come see them! Come on, come on!" Morgan ushered everyone inside before she rushed back inside.

"Twins... Jesus Christ." I muttered still in shock following everyone inside.

"They were born an hour ago, but Hayley was resting and the nurses were tending to them. But now you can see them!" Morgan spoke as we all walked into the big hospital room.

Her parents along with Marcus and Matty stood in front of the bed with Morgan—where Hayley laid with both babies on her arms while the rest of us stood back while they saw them first.

Her blonde hair was in a messy ponytail—strands of hair on her face and bags under her eyes... but her smile towards her newborn twins in her arms might be one of the biggest I've seen in my life from her—that smile she had solely reserved for her children and Morgan. It was there on their wedding day, in Marcus's birth and it is here now.

Morgan scooped one of the babies in her arms and turned to her mother that was carrying Marcus —a Marcus that was staring with curiosity at the newborn—.

"Here they are, meet the twins... Luke and Leia." Morgan said as she held the baby in a blue blanket.

"Morgan those are not their names!" Hayley's green eyes glared at her wife.

"You are fucking dumbass." I laughed.

"Language." Jessie nudged me.

"Sorry babe."

"What are their names?" Caitlin asked to her daughter in law.

Hayley looked to everyone in the room before she turned her sight back to her daughter in her arms. "Everyone meet Kenna Avery Valentine."

"And Beau Nicholas Valentine." Morgan said the name of her second son. "Told you I would fit your name in there dad."

"Yes!" Her dad celebrate with his arms up in the air. "Can I hold him?"

Morgan nodded and passed the newborn to his grandfather—who couldn't contain the tears in his eyes at the sight.

Looks like little Beau might be his grandpa's favorite.

"Come here rascal." Morgan said and grabbed Marcus from her mom's arms as Hayley let Caitlin hold her first granddaughter.

"She's beautiful, I can't believe I have a granddaughter."

"Can I see her?" Matty asked standing on his tiptoes to try to see his baby niece.

I turned to look at Jessie who was silently looking at them with glistening eyes—I lightly squeezed her hand. "Are you okay?"

She nodded, "I'm just happy that I get to be here."

I smiled at her and kissed the side of her head.

Everyone got a chance to carry the babies—when Norah passed baby Kenna to Jessie she couldn't hold in the tears anymore either as she looked at baby Kenna first.

"She's so adorable." Jessie said and turned to her high school best friend on the hospital bed—who looked at her with a smile.

It was then my turn to hold one of the twins as Jason passed Beau to me. "You look like trouble little man. I can already tell."

"Marcus has proven so far to be a chill baby. These two might get Morgan's personality... sadly." Jason pointed out — which gained him an elbow to the side from Morgan.

"Fuck you." Morgan mumbled.

"Morgan!"

"Morgan!"

Caitlin and Hayley said at the same time given there were three kids in the room who repeat everything they hear.

Especially Marcus who's first word shouldn't be... fuck you.

"They don't understand!" Morgan exclaimed.

"I do." Matty said with a smirk.

"Shut up." Morgan gave him a look.

"Fuck you." He responded.

"Matthew."

"Matthew!"

Caitlin and Nick said to their son at the same time.

"See what you do?" Morgan's mother glared at her.

I shook my head and returned my attention to the baby in my arms... maybe I do want a baby. I know Jessie and I have only been dating only for a little over a year, but I wonder if she would ever be up to have another child—I know she's had difficulties to conceive so maybe adopt? Not that I'm not happy with being a step mother to Layla, just wishful thinking of mine to expand the family.

I crouched down a bit so Layla could see Kenna—her brown eyes filled with curiosity. "Layl sweetheart meet Beau."

"He's so little." Layla said in wonder.

I chuckled, "He is."

"And meet Kenna." Jessie said approaching us.

"You finally got another girl in the band." I joked since she had been the only girl amongst all the kids until now.

That made Layla smile and nod.

I stood in front of Jessie with Beau still in my arms and looked at my first niece. "You are going to be spoiled rotten by your mothers and grandparents little one."

I looked up to see Jessie staring at me with a smile on her face that made me tilt my head in questioning.

"Nothing," she replied still with a smile.

Once the twins were back with their parents all of us decided that it was better to go and let them rest. Caitlin and Nick took Marcus back to Morgan's with them since they've been staying with them these past days given to Hayley being close to giving birth.

Jessie and I have been staying at an airbnb as have Jason and Norah. Hayley and Morgan were tempted to have the twins in Jerome but ultimately decided to stay in Bend and let them be born in the same hospital Marcus was born in. So everyone came over to Bend including her parents.

Monique and Dana couldn't make it here sadly. Elizabeth on the other hand has been MIA.

We were eating out in cozy dinner to avoid the cold—the twins have been born in December.

After we dined Layla insisted that she wanted to go to the park and play in the snow so that's what we did. Jessie and I sat in a bench while we watched Layla a few steps away from us make snow angels and attempts of snowmen.

"Would you ever... I know that we have not been together for as long as everyone else in our group of friends has... but would you ever consider adopting a kid with me?" I couldn't hold in the question anymore—the intrigue of her answer was killing me.

"Would you ever consider marrying me?" Jessie questioned back—catching me off guard.

"I— do you want to get married again?" We've never talked about marriage mainly because I thought it was sensitive subject given to her divorce from Patrick.

"Why wouldn't I? One bad marriage is not going to scare me off it forever. So would you?" Her brown eyes full of genuine curiosity.

"I would. You are the only person I would ever marry. I'll admit that I was never thrilled over the idea of marriage... but you—Jessica Miller, I know I want to make you my wife someday." I intertwined our hands.

Jessie leaned over and kissed my lips—her smile making it hard for our kiss to last. "I would absolutely love to be your wife one day too Kaden. As I would love to adopt a kid with you."

"You would?"

She nodded, "Layla could use having a little sister or brother."

I pecked her lips in happiness and excitement. "I love you."

"I love you too Kade. So much." Jessie caressed my cheek.

I planted a kiss on the palm of her hand and stood up from the bench pulling Jessie up with me and went to grab Layla—throwing her in the air and grabbing her before sitting her on top of my shoulders as she laughed.

"Tell me Layls would you like having a little brother or sister?" I asked making Jessie give me a look—I just winked at her in response.

"Sister! I want a sister, mommy can I have a sister?" Layla looked down at her mother.

Jessie chuckled with a nod, "I think you can sweetie."

"Yes!" Layla exclaimed loudly.

"See? She wants to, you want to, I want to." I said.

"Propose to me first then." Jessie challenged me with a look.

"I will do it, I'll run to the jewelry store tomorrow morning." I intertwined our hands once again as the three of us walked through the park.

"You better."

A/N - Took longer than I thought but I finally did it. The Other Side of Us is officially completed! Hope you all liked and enjoyed it.

Thoughts?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 5.2K 20
They said loving someone will gradually intensify. But what if it was there all along? Olivia was living her normal life being a student and hanging...
33.6K 2.4K 37
Nothing is normal. Everything and everyone has secrets hidden within them for good or evil. Kaden has yet to unfold the deep, dark secrets of her lif...
5.5K 378 22
This is a Girl loves Girl story Don't read my books if you're allergic to grammar issues. Peace out. ****** Andrea Holland was a rebellious student...