She's In Love With A Geek

Od notjustarandomgirl

Miss Perfect, Courtney Collins, has everything a teenage girl could ever wish for. She has the Pretty Face, P... Více

She's In Love With A Geek
Chapter 1 - The Courtney Collins
Chapter 2 - Chad Treyson
Chapter 3 - The Drama Club President
Chapter 4 - The Queen Is In Trouble
Chapter 5 - The Queen VS The Geek
Chapter 6 - The Ultimate Prank
Chapter 7 - Dealing With The Queen
Chapter 8 - Wrong Move
Chapter 9 - Flirtutor
Chapter 10 - Backfired
Chapter 11 - Backfired, again
Chapter 12 - The Note
Chapter 13 - The Unhappy Queen
Chapter 14 - Shady Feelings
Chapter 15 - Something
Chapter 16 - Make It Real
Chapter 17 - Annabel Lee
Chapter 18 - Just Another Deal
Chapter 19 - Losing The Deal
Chapter 20 - Freaking Out
Chapter 21 - Attention
Chapter 22 - Unexpectedly
Chapter 23 - Damn
Chapter 24 - A Night To Remember
Chapter 25 - Different
Chapter 26 - Unbelievable
Chapter 27 - The Date
Chapter 28 - Can't Help Falling In Love
Chapter 29 - So Close
Chapter 30 - I Drive Myself Crazy
Chapter 31 - The Queen's Order
Chapter 32 - Happy Birthday
Chapter 33 - Karma
Chapter 34 - Goodbye, Chad Treyson
Chapter 35 - I Lost
Chapter 36 - He Knows
Chapter 37 - Best Friend vs Best Friends
Chapter 38 - Olivia
Chapter 39 - The Promise
Chapter 40 - Surprise!
Chapter 41 - I Told You So
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 42 - Hopes And Doubts
Chapter 43 - All Too Well
Chapter 44 - The Evil Queen
Chapter 45 - Karma Is A Bitch
Chapter 46 - Okay
Chapter 47 - Making Things Right
Chapter 48 - I Love You
Chapter 49 - The Lucky One
Chapter 50 - The Look
Chapter 51 - The Outsider
Chapter 52 - Someone To Talk To
Chapter 53 - Tug Of War
Chapter 54 - Stop This
Chapter 55 - I Believe You
Chapter 56 - The Queen Doesn't Care
Chapter 58 - Messing With The Wrong Person
Chapter 59 - The Wicked Witch
Chapter 60 - The Real Queen
SHE'S IN LOVE WITH A GEEK BOOK
Chapter 61 - Karma Is Paying Off
Chapter 62 - The Fighter
Chapter 63 - Battles
Chapter 64 - The Beautiful Queen
Chapter 65 - Actions Speak Louder Than Words
BEFORE THE LAST CHAPTER
The Final Chapter

Chapter 57 - The Worse Isn't Over

2.9K 130 22
Od notjustarandomgirl

COURTNEY'S POV

I was so sick and tired of Troy's threats and controlling behavior. It was time for him to realize I wasn't going to put up with it anymore.

"So, go ahead, babe. Do it. I don't care. I just hope you don't care about your social status and scholarship, too."

I said this in a clear, determined voice. If he wanted to behave like this, I had no choice but to give it to him. He was being a jerk, so being a bitch would be the only way to deal with him.

He took dangerous steps, trapping me. I let him, well not because I was scared. No, because this was his way of trying to assert control and power over me. He was being defensive.

Now he'll try to threaten me and use everything he's got to make me submit.

Too bad for him. I'm a master of the art of intimidating people.

Did he forget it was my classic move?

"How about you, huh? Are you not afraid I'll accidentally spill your secrets? Now that prom is coming, this will affect your prom queen title." He grinned at me menacingly, as if this piece of crap would make me cower in fear and follow along. Did he honestly think this would be enough to make me budge?

Classic Troy.

He really thought of me as a shallow, conceited person who only cared about popularity and social status--like him. If he had told me about not graduating, I would have caved a bit. But no. Instead, he compared me to him. Only want the title of prom queen in high school. Nothing of my own achievement that doesn't involve social status, beauty, or what not.

As if I could put Prom Queen as my qualities in college application.

I laughed at his poor attempt to threaten me, making him feel embarrassed and small. "Have you forgotten something?" I raised my eyebrows. I didn't wait for his response. I tilted my head and said, "I'm Courtney Collins. I'm already the queen." With that I walked away, leaving him standing there, speechless.

I gave myself a pat on the back for a job well done!

For the first time in the last few days, I finally remembered who I was and what I could do. Terry was right, I was the type who wouldn't let people walk around me or mess with me. It took me a while to realize it. No, I knew that already. It just took me long enough to act on it.

Now that I didn't have anyone to protect, even myself, I could finally do everything. Not a care in the world. I'd been living in fear and worry that I had forgotten who I was and what I was capable of doing.

It's such a shame I only realized this now. If only I had acted sooner, I should have been happy by now and not wearing these stupid sunglasses.

But what's done is done. And like I said, I don't give a damn anymore.

I just want to graduate and get the hell out of this place.

As I rounded the corner, I bumped into something hard, making my sunglasses fall off my face and onto the ground.

Great!

Could this day get any worse?

"Are you okay?"

You have got to be kidding me!

My eyes widened as I heard the voice of the person I crashed into. I felt my heart sink as I realized the situation I was in. I know I said I didn't care so many times today, but this setup made it so hard not to!

Of all the people I could have bumped into, it had to be him.

I hissed a quiet "yes" and stepped away quickly.

I didn't try to look at him, the condition of my eyes was bad enough. I just wanted to get away from him as fast as I could. My heart was pounding and I was freaking out! It felt like he was staring at me intently, but I tried my best to ignore it and keep my composure.

He handed me my sunglasses, and I snatched them. Without saying anything, I quickly put them on, turned around and walked away. I could still feel his eyes on me, but I refused to look back.

I was almost relieved when I was close to the corner, then out of nowhere, Troy appeared in front of me. Making me jump in surprise.

How much worse could this day get? I screamed in my thoughts.

Give me a break!

"You don't walk away from me just like that." Troy hissed as he grabbed my arm. I tried to twist away from his grip, but he held me firmly.

"Let go." I snapped. I tried to pull away, but he wouldn't let me go. His grip was so tight it was starting to hurt. I felt a wave of panic wash over me. I was strong and intimidating with words, but physically I was no match for a football player like him. He was just freakishly strong!

I was ready to use my other hand to slap him, but everything happened so quickly.

In the blink of an eye, Troy was already on the ground, and I was being held close to someone's chest as an arm was wrapped around me. This person's scent was too familiar, I immediately knew who it was.

"She said let go." I looked up and saw Chad, standing tall and strong. He had a stern look on his face, and his jaw was tightly clenched.

Troy quickly stood up and approached Chad. "This is none of your business, loser."

"It is everyone's business if they see someone being mistreated," Chad replied. His arm snaked around my waist and he held me closer as if protecting me. This gesture made my heart filled with a mix of emotions - shock, safety, longing, and... optimism?

Despite everything I did, you still protected me?

I wanted to savor this moment, to think of the possible ways why Chad was like this. But this was not the right time to dwell on it. I needed to focus on the present and to stop any possibility of an upcoming fight.

Troy's face grew red with anger. "She is my girlfriend."

"I'm not your girlfriend." I corrected him, my voice was stern.

Troy took a step closer. He clenched his fists and prepared to fight.

Chad quickly stepped in and put himself between Troy and me. He held out his hands to Troy, motioning for him to stop and shielding me with his body.

I could feel the tension in the air and I knew a fight was about to break out between the two of them any minute now. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest, and I was terrified of what might happen.

Troy was glaring at Chad, but his expression suddenly changed as if he realized something.

"Well, well, well. I almost didn't recognize you." He smirked. "If it isn't the underwater knight, trying to do more rescuing to secure his prom king spot."

"What are you talking about?" Chad asked, his arm still stretched out.

Troy wiped the blood from his busted lips and laughed menacingly. "You don't have to pretend. I know you've been diving to rescue people and make everyone like you to be relevant. Nice try, geek. Not gonna happen. Also, just to let you know, that manipulative bitch is not even worth rescuing."

"Don't you dare talk to her that way." Chad dashed in Troy's direction, but I was quick enough to stop him.

Troy clicked his tongue and laughed more at Chad. "Don't tell me you already fell for her? After she tried to seduce you for exam papers, pretend to break up with me for her grand scheme, and all the acts and lies, you still want to defend her?"

"Shut up." I glared at Troy, hoping this would be enough to shut him up. But instead, he just grinned and started laughing mockingly.

This made me feel uneasy.

"What happened, babe? Just a few days ago, you've been ranting about this geek wasting your time. And now, you're back to saying you're not my girlfriend in front of him? Is it because you think that loser has more chance of winning Prom King than me? Seriously, Court."

"What? Do you honestly think--"

"Dude, if I were you, I'd be careful to the likes of her." Troy cut me off mid-sentence and redirected his attention to Chad. I swear, I wanted to dash towards him and slap him! But I was glued in place, unable to move or say anything. I was so angry, I was shaking. All I could do was stare down at him and hope he could feel my burning gaze.

But he didn't seem to notice, or he simply didn't care. He continued talking to Chad, completely oblivious to the rage boiling inside of me.

"You won't be able to handle that kind of drama. Trust me, she's too much even for you. You'll just end up in a..." Troy paused dramatically and shifted his gaze at me with disdain before continuing, "camp. Losing everything you have for someone who is only concerned about herself is not worth it."

All my courage vanished in an instant, and I felt a deep chill in the pit of my stomach. I knew I said I just didn't care anymore, but the way Chad's gesture and posture changed made me worry. I desperately wanted to know what he was thinking, but what's the point?

He's already thinking the worst of me. What could be worse than that?

"Look at me, I was her boyfriend days ago, and now she's denying it in front of you. She used me to boost her popularity, she'll do the same to you. Once she gets what she wants, she will toss you aside. Like what she did to that poor boy Jeremy."

"Troy, stop. I swear," I gritted my teeth in anger. My voice was firm, but Troy continued to rant. "No, I won't stop, Courtney. You said you didn't care anymore, remember? So, it's okay to spill your darkest secrets, right?"

Chad turned around to look at me, but I quickly averted my eyes. Almost afraid of what I might see in his eyes.

"Last year, a boy named Jeremy gave her the exam papers to pass her finals. Courtney here promised to be his girlfriend. But obvi it didn't happen. Sadly, the loser was caught and stripped of his scholarship. She ruined him and ended up in a camp." Troy's voice was dripping with contempt as he spoke.

I know I should have stopped Troy from talking, but I didn't. I just stood there, letting him say these things. It was the truth anyway. I guess part of me wanted him to say everything he was holding against me, to show him I don't care and be finally free from his control.

"She will do the same to you if you give her a chance. She said it herself, she is capable of doing anything. She can easily destroy you. All your hard works, even scholarship, will be gone. So be careful and don't let that bitch use you or even near you."

These words struck me like lightning, and a wave of emotion surged through me. At first, I was scared, then I wondered why I kept worrying about these things? About what Chad thinks of me? He already knew all about this. I wrote everything. He already knew what had happened, and maybe that's why he said he had nothing to offer me anymore. Despite proclaiming my love and trying to change, I couldn't deny the fact that I was horrible. And that part of my past was unacceptable.

So I shouldn't be acting too concerned now.

I have nothing else to lose.

So with that, I finally summoned my courage to look at Chad. His face was serious, but not what I had expected. His eyes were filled with confusion. He seemed to be trying to understand and searching for answers. I could even tell he was lost in his thoughts.

Also.

Why was he looking at me as if this was the first time he knew this? He read the letter, didn't he? I wrote all of this in that letter and explained everything. So why was he acting like he didn't know?

-END OF CHAPTER 57-

A/N: Chad's POV is next! We're down to less than 10 chaps now! Gonna miss writing them but happy because after 10 years, I can finally put THE END soon! What do you think the ending is like? Share your thoughts!

The ending is already uploaded on my Patreon account: notjustarandomgirl

PREORDER BOOK: please email notjustarandomgirlpatreon @gmail.com

EXCLUSIVE SILWAG postcards available on my Patreon Account!

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

3.7K 256 45
Everything was perfect until... it wasn't. Winter has gone out of her way to make sure her family friends and school friends never met. Her friends s...
1.9K 568 27
{Completed} Everyone deserves love and happiness. _________________________________ "The mere thought of future will screw you. The past has screwed...
213K 25.5K 70
"This book is the perfect mixture of deep and hilarious. I'm in love with that" - crackhead4ever Teen fiction has given cheerleaders a bad rap. And...
511K 15.8K 49
"Kara, you're my best friend right?" "Umm yeah?" "You'd do anything for me, right?" "As long as it doesn't involve 10 years in prison, yeah." "Be my...