Every Part Of Us

Od coraleigh24

Adam Graham knew two things. One: he had no interest in dating or hooking up with anyone. Two: Reid Sanchez... Více

Introduction
1. Shit talking
2. Tomorrow
3. Play nice
4. A bitch
5. Nice guy
6. Again
7. Family
9. I dont care
10. Talk about it
11. Being sappy
12. Not a kidnapper
13. Forgive and forget
14. Heart eyes
15. Just for me
16. The bad guy
17. Burn the world down
18. Swinging your butt around
19. Very competitive
20. Little monster
21. Choosing happiness
22. Consume me
23. Fight a mountian lion
24. Want
25. Destruction
26. Freaked out

8. Sibling bonding

1.5K 81 15
Od coraleigh24

"You're being fucking weird." Jake said turning away from the screen to look at me.

"No I'm not." I denied.

To be fair I was being weird. I couldn't stop my brain from spinning out. The kiss with Reid was on repeat in my head and I needed to figure out what it meant. For most things I'd go to Jake for advice but I hadn't actually gotten myself to ask for it yet.

"Then stop looking at me like that and just watch the movie like a normal person."

"You're so grouchy when Evan isn't around." I replied knowing that it would press some of my best friends buttons.

Annoying Jake was a favorite pass time of mine.

"Don't make me kick you out." Jake threatened.

I knew he wouldn't so I didn't even blink at his words. Jake was probably the only one that would put up with my shit.

"And make me go back to my quiet house where I'll be so lonely?" I fake pouted.

I knew that was a soft spot for him. Jake grew up with a loud loving family. While my family was loving it only consisted of me and my dad. My dad who worked nights and slept through the day. It was very lonely growing up but Jakes family took me in and filled most of that loneliness.

"Stop trying to distract me with your sob story." Jake shoved at my shoulder lightly.

"But it works so well," I laughed.

"Yeah only because you're always looking at me like a sad little pathetic baby." He just rolled his eyes at me.

"I'll show you fucking pathetic." I said lungeing towards my best friend going for the tackle.

Jake didn't even blink at the movement he just shoved me hard away from him. The second he made contact with me it turned into how I expected it would. I retaliated throwing my arms out trying to shove him back.

It was a back and forth that happened quite frequently between us. We acted like annoying siblings most of the time.

"Ow you fucking dick." I yelled out when Jakes foot kicked into my side sending me falling back onto the bed.

"I barely touched you."

"Tell that to the bruise forming on my ribs." I argued.

"Well none of this would have happened if you hadn't been acting like a total freak." Jake shot back.

I laid out on the bed staring at the ceiling. It was nice just hanging out with Jake. It got my mind off all this stuff with the kiss for a little. But now it was all back spiraling in my brain and I was done with it.

"I kissed someone." I blurted out.

"Was it a good kiss?" He questioned.

While the kiss had me feeling all types of things there was one thing I couldn't deny. It had been a good kiss. I liked kissing Reid. It was simple but nice. There was a type of closeness I felt when our lips touched that I wanted to feel again.

"Yeah it was good." I nodded.

"Are you planning on kissing them again?" He asked.

I didn't know if I had the answer to that. Reid had given me his number but I hadn't decided if I was actually going to use it. I didn't even know what I'd say if I were to reach out.

"I don't know." I shrugged.

"If you liked the kiss I think you should go for it. When was the last time you were actually interested in anyone?" My best friend advised.

It had been so long since I found myself even semi interested in another person. I didn't really get that feeling and for awhile I'd just assumed everyone had been faking all those crushes they talked about. Turned out that something was just wrong with me. I was missing that piece of myself that everyone else seemed to have.

And then I was a college student who'd never even had their first kiss and I realized very quickly just how different I was. When everyone else was chasing after hot girls at parties I was beating myself up about not wanting any of that.

But I met Molly, who was pretty and about as nice as you could get. She never pushed when I pulled back from her. It was a short little fling that didn't go anywhere but a few kisses before she decided she'd rather us be friends. Which also somehow meant not talking anymore besides a hello if we crossed paths on the way to our classes. But with her had been the first time I felt like I might be just like everyone else.

So yeah it'd been a long time since I'd been even remotely interested in someone. I could understand the surprise from my best friend and the want to try to get me to do something with this feeling. No one wanted to see their best friend alone.

"I know it's been awhile, I'll think about it." I told him.

I'd try to stick to that. I'd try to give myself time to think and hopefully talk myself into reaching out to Reid.

Jake went to say something else but was cut off as loud music blasted through the house.

"Are you fucking kidding me." Jake groaned as Katy Perry started to sing.

I tried to hide my smile but I couldn't help it. I loved to annoy Jake and it was just as fun when I wasn't the one doing it.

Maya, Jake's younger sister was his complete opposite in all the ways that mattered. She was loud, wild and loved to piss off her brother. Most of the time when she was trying to piss of her brother I was usually included in that. I grew up with her and at some point along the way she became my sister too.

"I'll go talk to her before you decide to piss her off even more," I stood up.

I wasn't the nice one out of the two of us but I knew better than to let Jake go over to her room. I'd mediated enough of their arguments to know that wouldn't end well.

"I didn't even do anything to piss her off the first time. She's the one blasting her music so loud I can't even hear my movie." Jake argued.

"That's why I'm going to go get her to turn it down." I slipped out of the room following the music to Maya's room.

Her door was wide open and she was propped against a mountain of pillows with a wide smile on her face.

"You're brother is about to have a melt down if you don't turn this down." I told her.

"You don't like the song?" She asked.

I paused to listen to the lyrics. I Kissed a Girl by Katy Perry was playing through the speaker.

"Just turn the music down Maya before I let Jake come in here and throw a fit."

"Ugh fine." She grabbed her phone but instead of changing the volume she changed the song.

My first kiss started blasting through the room and I couldn't help but roll my eyes. I should have known she wouldn't turn it down. Maya was one of the most stubborn people I knew.

"Maya." I sighed walking further into the room.

I was ready to just take the speaker. Anything I did would be better than what Jake would do.

"You don't like this one? Fine." She pressed her screen and soon Kiss by Prince was playing.

I narrowed my eyes at her as my brain spun. I think I knew what was happening. Her smug smile just proved it.

"Stop listening to me and Jake's conversations." I reached out taking the phone from her hand.

I pressed the pause button finally letting silence flow through the house.

"Give me my phone back." She lunged towards me but I just stepped back out of her reach.

"Come on, Jake and I are just watching a movie. Stop being a little creep and come join." I walked back to Jake's room, her phone still in my hand.

"I don't want to spend time with you two losers." She complained following behind me.

"I'm sorry Maya, I didn't mean to make you feel left out. You know you're always welcome to some good old sibling bonding," I smiled back at her.

"I'd rather die but thanks." She reached out snatching her phone back.

But instead of stomping back to her room she followed me into Jake's room. The rest of the afternoon consisted of the three of us watching movies and Jake and Maya bickering the whole time.

This was my comfort place. This was my home. It was because I felt so comfortable that I felt like I could open my phone and type out a message.

My stomach twisted as I pressed send.

Adam- Hey, it's Adam

Now all I had to do was wait to see if he'd respond.

A/n:

It's finally Friday!! Life has been kinda crazy. My mom got Covid so that probably means I'll end up getting Covid. Which is so not fun, I'm doing my best to avoid that but if I don't get Covid I'll probably get something else because everyone at work is getting sick too. I just really hate the winter sometimes. I always get sick.

If I do end up getting sick either with Covid or something else I'll try to keep up with the updates but if I can't I'll post an announcement on my page. I want to do weekly updates and stick to it so even if I get sick it could just mean the chapter gets pushed to a different day.

But I'm still just hoping maybe this time is the one time I don't actually get sick and somehow my immune system decides to work.

Anyways I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!!

-Cora Leigh

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

1.7K 347 63
Why does life come with so many different possible answers to the same question? Which answer is the correct one and how do you know for sure? Findi...
1M 33.4K 55
Gosh, was Zander Hayes hot or what? Everybody thought so. As did Asher Tyson. You could call him a nobody. He wasn't bullied. He wasn't a nerd. He wa...
44.4K 1K 29
"Look at me Axel . I'm sorry I never should've- His lips were on mine and I grabbed his waist like it was the most natural thing in the world. His...
28.7K 1.4K 32
(Sequel to Above Water) A summer fling turned into the worst possible case of ghosting Thomas had ever seen. When he first met Dallas two years pri...