Finally! (BOOK 1) - Alois x R...

By DannyMailManny

(This is book 1/2 in the Finally series!) 2 of the richest households in london, The Phantomhive's and The Si... More

Chapter 0, My Arrival
Chapter 0.5, Stupid Little Key
Chapter 1, And There He Is
Chapter 1.5, The Search Begins
Chapter 2, Catch me if you can!
Chapter 2.5, 'Sebastian'
Chapter 3, The Fight Begins!
Chapter 3.5, 'Hertlair'
Chapter 4, Pact Broken
Chapter 4.5, Wonderland
Chapter 5, Meant To Be!
Chapter 5.5, A Small Village
Chapter 6, His Ring
Chapter 6.5, Claude's Pact
Chapter 7, A Spider Not a Raven
Chapter 7.5, Y/N Silversfield
Chapter 8, File After File
Chapter 8.5, A Lovely Death
Chapter 9, Claude Returns
Chapter 9.5, Newspapers
Chapter 10, ,,Medicine''
Chapter 10.5, No More Spiders, No More Ravens
Chapter 11, Phantomhive?
Chapter 11.5, No Means No
Chapter 12, Say My Name
Chapter 12.5, Look Into My Eyes
Chapter 13, Verbatim
Chapter 13.5, Maniac
Chapter 14, Home..?
Chapter 14.5, Vile
Chapter 15, Toujours
Chapter 15.5 Blessing
Chapter 16, Nostalgic
Chapter 17, Oozing, Oozing, Oozing.
Chapter 17.5, Home
Chapter 18, Anything
To be continued...

Chapter 16.5, Breadcrumbs

15 1 0
By DannyMailManny

The ambience of the ocean surrounded my ears. I was back. My arms and legs drifted with the cold water, I opened my eyes to light shining through the water, illuminating everything. I positioned myself upward and swam to the surface, my head finally breaking the water. I wasn't wet, I was dry, I still didn't understand that place. It didn't seem to have any land after I broke it, an that same light was still there. Strangely, the light shined a little brighter than I remember it doing so. It was strangely warm, it had never been warm before, neither cold. The water stung my skin with it's ice cold embrace, yet, it still felt strangely welcoming. I let myself sink into the water once again, holding my breath forgetting I can somehow still breathe in the water. Once I was completely submerged, I started to sink lower and lower, faster and faster. I then opened my eyes to my childhood manor. It was empty, I stood on that same nostalgic tile of the entryway. 

"What am I doing here...?" I thought to myself, starting to walk forward. Everything looked right, but, still felt off. The colours of the walls were slightly off hue, like it was a distant memory. I let my fingers trace the wall as I walked down the hall, I didn't know why, but I wanted to go up to the second floor. So I went up the stairs, each stair shiny and new, humming a tune. I didn't know the song, I didn't know why I was humming it, but it felt like something I've been doing my whole life. My humming then lined up with another voice, we hummed in sync, it was my mother. I turned into a room, my room. I stood in the doorway as I watched my mother loom over my bassinet. I turned to my left and saw that angel, Ash. He watched as my mother hummed, everything was rather echoed.

"You remember the deal, right Mrs. Silversfield?" He started, her humming stopped as she turned to him. "I've been meaning to speak to you about that...","You're not thinking of backing out of the deal so soon Mrs. Silversfield, are you?" He pushed, cutting her off as he walked toward her. "That would be rather foolish, wouldn't it?" He smiled, still intimidating. "A deal...?" I thought to myself, my mother chuckled nervously. "No... well..." She hesitated, "Great!" He cut her off once more, "I thought I was going to have to resort to... other methods." He put his hands behind his back as my mother looked worried. "I was wondering if we could perhaps move the date a little later...?" She gulped, "Later?" Ash laughed, "It depends I guess, how much later?" He smiled, "I was possibly thinking until they are ten years of age...?" Ash fell silent at her proposal, his smile dropping making my mother worry even more.

"That is far past my given date, you know that." He started to speak rather seriously. "Y.. yes but-.." He cut her off one last time, "Eight. Eight years is stretching it." He started pacing, "I wouldn't even say six. But.. ten?!" He laughed in shock, "Wow, you are really stretching it." He walked up to her with his finger up, "You were even lucky to get four." He sighed, recollecting himself and letting his hand fall to his side. "Negotiations are over, Mrs. Silversfield. You've had your chance, you have 3 years to get it prepared." He walked to the doorway, right up to me but not acknowledging I was there. He turned back once more, "And don't try to hide it again." he walked out. I tried to follow him but once I turned around it was a different setting. I was in the living area, Ash was sitting across from my father and mother. My younger self sat on my mother's lap, smiling. I looked about two years old.

Ash looked rather unimpressed, his expression staying serious. "Your time is about to run out. I'm doing a final checkup before it's date of pickup, how is the health?" He took a sip of the tea that was on the table. "I've made sure every cold and flu was accounted for. They're healthy at the moment." My father stated, my mother held me tight. "Iq?" he glanced over the answer my father gave him. "Uh.. above average like you made sure.." My mother answered, Ash laughed, "As I thought. Relations?" He tapped his fingers on his tea cup, "...Well.." My mother started, she was stopped by my father putting a hand on her lap. "Nobody outside of close family as you requested." Ash smiled at this, "And the boy?" He leaned forward. "No longer an issue." my father added. It didn't make sense, at that age Ciel and I were inseparable. And what did he mean by him no longer being an issue? Was he possibly lying? "Good. I'm glad you were able to get rid of the last hurdle." Ash stood up, "I'll be prepared for pickup in twelve days, deliver it swiftly without hassle and you will receive your reward." I took a step back, my brain overflowing with new information. My step made me fall back into that cold ocean. The overwhelming truth scared me.

I swam up, trying to break surface when I once again heard his voice calling for me. "Silversfield~ it's time to arrive..." I didn't bother looking down as I kept swimming up. I reached my hand out and another hand grabbed mine and pulled me out. I woke up to the bright light of the morning sun drowning my vision. I sat up and shivered in disgust. "I hate the way that man's voice makes me feel..." I thought to myself, hanging my legs off the bed. I headed for the closet and changed into something different. Heading out, Ciel caught my eye. "Ah, and you're finally awake." He remarked with a smirk, did I oversleep or something? I rubbed my eye, "Going somewhere?" I asked, now noticing his outerwear attire. "Indeed. I'm going to need you to look after the manor whilst I'm gone, my apologies but this is a private matter." Ciel had genuine distress in his face. "Might I ask what this matter you're attending to is about?" I pushed further, curiosity peaking my voice. Ciel shook his head, "Nothing important, to you at least." Sebastian walked inside "The carriage is ready for you young master." He bowed in respect to Ciel. "Alright.. Y/N." He turned to me. "Hm?" I tilted my head slightly in intrigue. 

"Make sure the servants don't burn down the manor whilst Sebastian and I are gone." He fixed his tophat, I nodded "Aye aye, sir." I giggled and he rolled his eyes playfully as he walked out the door. I had the manor to myself for the day! I immediately went to the kitchen to grab something to eat, a smile creeping my lips. I walked inside, it was empty, not even Bard was inside. I took this opportunity to cook myself something with the little knowledge my mother taught me. I decided to start simple and opened the refrigerator to grab some eggs. I was a little shocked and disappointed to figure out the fridge had only a half full glass of milk, some lettuce and 3 pieces of bread left. I shrugged and decided to make some simple canned soup possibly, I then opened the cupboard to an empty, opened, dusty can labeled "Corn" in sloppy writing. "No wonder Ciel never eats here..." I sighed, closing the cupboard. I then bent down to the lower cupboard and was presented with a full bag of unopened flour. "So you're able to keep stocked on flour but nothing else...?" I sighed. 

I decided I wasn't too hungry and I'd just wait until someone came home... err- back with more food. I walked back out to the hallway, looking around with nothing to do. I then decided to go to Ciel's study, he had books there so maybe I'd read them. I hastily walked -- almost skipping -- down the hall to Ciel's study. I stopped dead in front of the doors leading inside, hesitantly opening the door. The door made a subtle creak as I walked inside, closing said door behind me. The bookshelves lined with books and case files with occasional random decorations and trophies mixed in the batch. I grabbed a book a random and walked over to his desk, taking a seat in his chair. Before I was able to open the book, a letter in front of me caught my eye. I placed the book to the side and decided to read the letter instead.

Ciel, earl of Phantomhive, I invite you to talk business.

We hope this letter finds you well, we would like to ask you to please arrive to the area below with your butler and nobody else for this is private matter. If you arrive with anybody else, no matter who, we will not talk business. We wish for this to be a friendly chat and nothing more, though, if someone was to instigate violence or threats, it would be on their end if someone were to end up injured or even dead. We will arrange tea and a game of chess for your liking. It is up to you if you decide to arrive.

Place of meeting: [this part was scribbled out, I assumed to stop people like me from snooping] Do not be late for we will not stay long.

We hope you consider our request, respectfully,

T.H.

"Someone planned a meeting with Ciel?" I thought aloud. I jumped at a loud crash, "Waaah~!" Mey-rin yelled out, her voice wobbling. I quickly ran out and cut the corner to find Mey-rin and Finny sitting in front of each other with a pile of food in front of bags laid out around them, I assumed they fell -- or bumped into each other. "I was wondering why it was so quiet..." I chuckled quietly, walking up and helping the two stand. "Where is Bard?" I asked, helping them pick up the food. "He's out with some of the heavier items!" Finny answered, that's what I thought. I helped the servants deliver the food to the kitchen so they wouldn't run into each other again. "There we go!" Mey-rin exclaimed, finally placing the bags of food on the counter. "Phew.." Finny sighed in relief as Bard walked in, a turkey on his shoulder and a ham on the other. "I can't believe we got these meats half off! The butcher was really nice." He smiled, placing the meat down with a stable thump.

"That's more like it... the kitchen has food once more!" I exclaimed, turning to Bard, "Okay.. don't burn all of this now." I playfully teased him, "I'll try not to!" he gave a worried smile. "How about you start off by cooking that ham, Bard? I'm going to borrow Mey-rin because I need to show her what needs to be cleaned.." I walked to the doorway as Mey-rin followed without a word. "Oh- what about Finny?" Mey-rin asked. "Oh, yeah.. hmm.." I hummed. "Ooh! Finny, could you get the garden prepared?" Finnian smiled "On it!". I took Mey-rin to some of the less clean rooms as Finny and Bard were off doing their own things. I wanted the manor to be prepared for Ciel to return, and what better way to do that than using the servants supplied? After an hour of cleaning with Mey-rin, a hurried knock at the door arose. I told Mey-rin to keep cleaning as I went to answer it, expecting it to be Ciel. I opened the door to a letter, how curious. I picked it up and closed the door, opening the letter with caution.

A raven, a spider and a snake

A caw, a hiss and a shake

How long will it take?

come find me

I furrowed my brows at this, was it a taunt? A hint? Was someone leaving a breadcrumb? After thinking for a second, it then clicked, "A raven... Sebastian. A spider would be Claude.. then who.. or what.. is the snake?" I asked, "It couldn't be Hannah, could it?" I once again pondered, then noticing an obvious pair of footprints in the dirt path. I smiled a little, "This has to be a taunt..." I followed the trail, shutting the door behind myself. I followed the footprints up to a tree with another note;

A dark stormy trail

Tells a dark story of betrayal

A change of large scale

where am I?

Another clue, a red string tangled around the branches of multiple trees leading a specific path, it was smart. I had never been down that way before, I had no clue where it had went. It was very mischievous, the red string then held another note to a tree, it wrapped tightly around the trunk.

But here then comes a choice

But nothing you should rejoice

How long can you stay poised?

who am I?

I looked up and the red string lead left but a new blue string was presented going right. I stood still for a second, "A choice..?" I wondered. I decided to go with the blue string as a change of pace. The blue string held another note, it entwined with a hole at the top of the paper, holding the note suspended in air. 

It was an easy guess

But, if you were to look left

You'd realise the choice was a test

what am I?

I looked to the left as the note said and saw the red string wrapped around the trunk of a nearby tree, it then followed forward on the ground. I followed the red string once again, the weather starting to get cold and windy. Another note stood at the end of the red rope, of which was tied to another hole. 

As the weather gets cold

Walking forward should be your only goal

Your choices still mattered, but at what toll?

who are you really?

I looked up and quickly realised I was at the old abandoned Corvus estate. After the Corvus household was sentenced to execution, their residence stood abandoned. I hadn't realised I had traveled so far. I walked up to the door, climbing the stairs and opening the door. It creaked opened and I was presented with an empty ballroom, a pair of staircases on opposite sides meeting at the top. I had personally never been to the Corvus estate whilst it was still a home, but my father used to dine there every once and awhile. The final red and blue strings entangled with each other, coming down from the ceiling and separating, following up the two staircases separately. Blue on the left, red on the right. I followed up the blue side and was presented with the final note.

You have reached the final clue

Now it's up to you

What will you do

Y/N Silversfield?

I jumped at the sound of slow clapping, I turned around and watched as Alois and Hannah walked in from the opposite rooms, "Well done, Y/N! You followed the trail." Alois grinned, Hannah wheeled in what appeared to be a box on wheels covered in a blanket. I watched over them on the balcony, my hands gripping the old wood tightly. "Of course... I should've known it was going to be Alois..." I frowned, slightly worried. "Your cute little poems were enjoyable, I do have to say.." I crossed my arms, trying to lighten the situation -- more so for myself --. Alois laughed, "Thank you Darling. I'd bet you're dying to know what this is." He pointed at the rectangle covered in a sheet, I was fairly curious. "Of course you are. Hannah?" He turned to Hannah who then grabbed the sheets and pulled them off in a woosh.

My eyes widened.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.4K 599 11
//COMPLETED// //Black Butler Fanfiction// //SebastianxReader// //Description// Y/N is a criminal who specializes in throwing knives, she is conniving...
19.2K 388 31
(Y/N) was a beautiful girl living in London, England with her mother, father, and maid. They were always happy and guess what? Her father works for...
33.6K 865 21
You kept your head down, staring a your brown boots. You slightly tilted your head towards the sound of shoes coming towards you. By the way they sou...
55.6K 709 20
DISCONTINUED (11 main chapters) this is a trashy story btw. the writing style's horrible, the grammar is worse, it barely has a plot, and the chapter...