The Wedding Night...

By nerioska

A fanfiction inspired on the turkish dizi Kan Çiçekleri. The story is about a blood feud between two families... More

The wedding night...
The next day (Part I)...
The next day (Part II)...
That night...
Between rational and love...
Paralizing fear...
If you miss someone...
A battle between the need to protect and freedom...
The power of a dress...
Punishments can be fun...
A day of proposals...
When you move, your enemies do too...
Keeping up the scores...
A momentary truce...
Finding joy in the simple things...
Firsts are always exciting...
There are no losers in the bet of love...
There are things we adapt to but others...
Surprises and consequences...
Sharing memories and dances...
Words vs actions, the truth is somewhere in between...
Knowing and accepting are two different things...
Some truths, we struggle to find. And others...
Listening with the heart...
Some people tell lies to deceive, others hide things to protect...
When coincidences stopped being that...
Procastinating is not a good habit...
Promises...
Feeling like a stranger around family...
Places where we find shelter...
Putting things aside for someone else's happiness...
Dilan's story (Part I)...
Dilan's story (Part II)...
Dilan's story (Part III)...
Dealing with emotions...
The ones closest to you...
Nothing stays hidden...
Challenging the leader...
Not a matter of trust...
Supporting each other...
Even if you choose justice, it is hard...
The burden we carry...
Help can come from unexpected places...
Finding different outlets...

We are all blind in matters of love...

1K 22 6
By nerioska

Baran was in his office reading some documents, and he looked up to take a break and saw Gül cleaning the outdoor furniture. Seconds after Firat was behind her. He was reaching out to touch her, but before he could Gül realized what he was doing and left. Baran's eyes returned to his cousin, and his expression was one he knew too well. It was an expression of longing. Before, when Baran thought it was impossible for Dilan to love him, to ever accept to be his real wife, and to ever feel like part of the Karabey family, the pain and longing in his heart were almost unbearable. And now he saw himself reflected on his cousin. He was in love with Gül, 'how I didn't notice before?' He was aware that something was going on with Firat, but he didn't pay him the necessary attention and now that slip was costing him a lot, that slip meant Derya's presence in their lives again.

Dilan was sitting on the couch in her room with a notebook in her hands. She was so excited about Monday, it would be her first day at work, so she was making a list of things she would need to do to familiarize herself with her new position: Getting to know the staff, getting a report on the current projects and soon-to-be implemented ones as well as their weight in the overall budget for the foundation, she also wanted to know the reach of every program in addition to the list of children and families that were benefited by the foundation, and the criteria for their selection and so on. She was examining the list when Baran entered the room. "What is my beautiful wife up to?" She smiled but kept her eyes on her notes. "I'm doing a list of things I need to do during my first days at the foundation to get my footing right." "Ahh, I see..." Dilan was thinking about what else she should write down when Baran, who stood against the door frame with his hands in his pants pockets, spoke again "I also see that I would have my work cut out for me."

Dilan eyes met her husband's. "What do you mean?" He walked towards her and took the notebook from her, after which he sat down next to her. "I mean that now I will have to compete with the foundation for your attention, isn't that right?" He was trying to appear hurt, but she rolled her eyes at him and said,"You are exaggerating, " while trying to get the notebook back from him. But Baran moved it around so she could not reach it. "Really? You haven't even started, and you just ignored me a moment ago. " "I didn't ignore you, I was concentrated, and I answered your question, didn't I?" They were a couple of centimeters from each other when he said in a low tone."You did, but you didn't look at me, Dilan. When I am in this room or any other room, I want to feel your eyes on me because you can be sure that my eyes are always on you."

Baran saw Dilan blush at his words. He wasn't hurt, but he could not deny there was some truth to his words. When he offered her the job, he was aware of his wife's personality. She was focused and detail-oriented. Whenever she was in charge of something, she gave it her best. Like she did in her studies and with his Dad's treatment. She was so meticulous with her job and so creative, that's why he knew she would be great for the foundation. As her husband, he wanted to support her, but it would require some adjustment from the two of them, and he already took some steps in that direction. The rest was up to Dilan. He caressed her cheek, and she said, "My eyes are always on you, Baran, even when I'm not looking directly at you..."

Dilan raised her hands to cradle his face "It's difficult to explain but when we are in a room together, even if we are physically apart, even before I can lay my eyes on you, it is like my body is aware of your presence. Every nerve in me awaits with expectation, and when we physically touch each other, I'm washed over by emotions. They hit me all at once, and sometimes... sometimes I don't know what to do with them, Baran." There was so much warmth in Baran's gaze that she knew he felt the same way. He grabbed her hand and kissed her palm gently, closing his eyes. "The night you proposed to me at the cabin, do you remember what you told me?"

Baran didn't have to think about it. Everything related to his wife was engraved in his heart. "I remember everything about that night, Dilan." She smiled fondly and continued. "Then look into my eyes, Baran, look and see yourself in me." He did look carefully. Eventually, he saw a man who learned how to love, a man who overcame the hatred and darkness that lived in him since his mother's death, a man full of compassion toward others, a man who was loved beyond his dreams by the woman in front of him and by his family. He never really looked at himself before, which is why it was so hard for him at the beginning to accept and see Dilan's feelings for him, despite everyone telling him otherwise. The fact was that before he didn't feel worthy of her love so it was easier for him to attribute her actions as part of her kind nature instead of what they were, the manifestations of her love for him.

He kissed her, long yet softly, letting himself enjoy their dance. Their hands were on each other, feeling and pulling at times to prevent the kiss from ending. Finally, Baran rested his head on Dilan's, and with his eyes closed, he said, "Thank you for loving me, Dilan." She sat straight as she grabbed his hands. "It was not something I could prevent Baran. I couldn't be around you and not see the wonderful person you are, to not fall in love with every silent gesture, with the things you did and continue doing to care, protect, and help others without expecting anything in return. How not to fall in love with a man like that?" His eyes filled with tears, and his gaze kept going from one side to the other, searching her face. His emotions, always kept under check, were there in the open for her to see. "Baran! I love you completely, every side of you, even the grumpy one, with every part of me, and I'm yours until my last breath."

Baran was stunned by Dilan's words. Yes, he knew she loved him. He knew it in his heart, but sometimes his mind played with him. The fear of losing her was always present, and everything he did was to prevent that. He brought her to him, and she rested her head on his chest. He brushed her hair with his fingers and left himself to wander into thought. She lifted her head and looked at him, "Did you know my breathing syncs with your heartbeat?" she asked, amused. "It is so calm. It slows me down. How do you do that? Mine is all over the place. " He smiled at her while taking a strand of her hair from her eyes. "It only happens when I'm next to you. When you are in my arms is when I feel the most calm. " She sat up, and now she was upset. "What? Does that mean my nearness does not excite you, Mr. Karabey?" He laughed, a real laughter which made things worse. "Not funny, Baran. " "I'm laughing at the fact that you could think that."

Dilan got up to go to the bathroom, "Where are you going?" "To the bathroom or do you need to accompany me there as well?" He got up and approached her slowly. "Well, Mrs. Karabey, you just gave me a great idea." Their intimate celebration last night played on her head, and she blushed. When she saw his face, his eyebrow was lifted, he knew what she was thinking and now you could cook an egg on her cheeks. He was coming closer, and she turned to leave as fast as her feet could carry her. 'Damn,  Baran 3, Dilan 3.' She looked at herself in the mirror while grabbing onto the sink, the image of him inside of her in that very spot kept repeating in her head. Going to the bathroom will be a problem from now on that was clear. She needed to do something to provoke him and tip the scale in her favor again.

He knocked on the door. "Dilan, can I come in? I need to go to my office. " She turned to face the door and crossed her arms."Come in. " He took a quick look at her and smiled before he left. After that smile, she was even more determined, so she fixed her hair in the mirror and went after him. On the stairs she encountered Derya, she was moving her stuff into the mansion as the wedding was fast approaching. They didn't exchange greetings. Instead, they ignored each other and went their way. At the feet of the stairs, Dilan looked back, and living with her would be a challenge and a test of everyone's patience, especially hers and Baran's. But it seemed there was no turning back at this point. Collecting her thoughts again, Dilan remembered she had some business to take care of at her husband's office.

Someone knocked on the door. "Come in," Baran said. He was talking on the phone when he saw Dilan enter his office. He left her upset a few minutes ago. But he could not stop smiling at her mood changes. He concentrated again on the call while Dilan looked around the library. He was checking an email Kerem wanted him to see, and just after he felt Dilan's arms on his shoulders. Her head was next to his when she sucked at his earlob without warning. He growled in surprise while at the other end of the phone, he could hear "Baran, brother, are you there?" Clearing his throat, he answered, "Sorry, yes I am here, you were saying." He was trying to distance himself from Dilan, but she had a strong hold on him, and he only had one free arm. She kissed him several times on the neck, loud, and she made sure of it. 'What was she trying to do?' He heard Kerem laughing at the other end. He understood what was going on. Clearing his throat again, he said "Kerem I'll call you later with my answer or email you." Between laughter, he replied, "Okay, Baran."

Dilan let go of Baran as soon as he hung up the phone. He turned the chair in her direction and stood. He walked so fast towards her that she did not have time to avoid him. She was now against the library with Baran's arms on each side of her. "What exactly are you trying to do, Mrs. Karabey?" She tried to look and sound as innocent and nonchalant as possible. "What do you mean? Did I do something wrong?" He got close to her lips."Not at all, that is the problem..." He lingered a bit before he continued."What if that was an important client, Dilan?" His attempt at sounding outraged failed miserably. She could see he was suppressing a smile. She tried to push him, but he resisted. "It was Kerem, I heard you say his name." He then tried to kiss her, but she took the opportunity to get off his hold. "I'm going to check on Ms. Kader, I see you are busy here. " He went after her and grabbed her arm."Wait a minute, are you going to leave just like that?" This small sign of weakness from Baran gave Dilan the opening she was looking for. She encircled his neck with her arms and stared at his lips. "Just like what Mr. Karabey?..."

She was playing with fire, he was about to forget all about the bet and give in to her advances. But that would ruin his plans, and he knew exactly how to turn the tables on her fast. He took her arms from his neck and returned to his chair. "I forgot there is an important call I have to make, if you want to stay, I would ask you to be quiet, 'cause that number you just did... Kerem heard it all. " He had the desired effect. He had never seen Dilan's cheeks go red that quickly, but she had it coming. It was her punishment for provoking him and for the amount of teasing that he would have to endure from Kerem for a while. He will be relentlessly over this, and it was her fault. While stuttering, she said, "He... he... heard?" "He did. How could he not? Every kiss was loud and clear and right there next to the phone."

Dilan was mortified. Her goal was to make Baran uncomfortable, not to showcase her affection publicly toward her husband. She didn't think Kerem could hear them 'Oh god, how would I look at Kerem's face ever again?' She was out the door before Baran could say anything else to her. Whatever he had to say, he was right. She went to her room to hide and drown in her embarrassment, but Gül was there collecting the clothing for laundry. "Dilan, is there something wrong? You seemed agitated. " She needed to come up with something because her cheeks could not get any hotter than this. "I'm fine, I'm fine, It's just that I went up the stairs too fast..." then she added "I was trying to avoid Derya" "Yes, I know, I had to help her set up her things" Dilan reproached herself, she had forgotten all about Gül's situation. "I'm sorry Gül, I didn't ask you how you were doing? How are you handling things?"

Gül kept herself busy. "If you don't want to talk, I understand. You don't have to. " She let the sheets go, and she said,"I feel so powerless, Dilan, so helpless. That woman uses every time she gets to try and humiliate me. I try to be above her, but sometimes I can't hold my tongue" Dilan grabbed her hand and reassured her "And you shouldn't Gül, you are precious to us all and she has no right to mistreat you, no one has." "Thank you, Dilan, sometimes I think I should leave the mansion, but the thought of being separated from my mother hurts me even more." "Ms. Kader will be very sad if you leave, but I'm sure she wants what is best for you, and if staying here becomes too hard for you, you should leave Gül." Gül remained quiet and went back to her business."Gül, if you don't mind me asking, why did you two break up?"

Baran was about to open the door to his room when he heard Dilan talking. She was with Gül and he was interested in the answer to her question. He was not fond of listening to people's conversations, but as his wife pointed out to him, there were things she could not share with him because there were truths entrusted to her. So, to not leave her on a hard spot, he listened. "Like I told you before, Dilan, I don't understand what happened. He told me to prepare everything that day, that he would come to ask for my hand. My mother and I had everything ready when he came and announced in front of the family his engagement with Derya." Baran was getting angrier with every word she said. He played with her feelings and with Ms. Kader's as well. They both meant a lot to Baran, Gül grew up with him and Cihan, and she shared the love of her mother with them.

How could Firat do this to them? "Gül, after that day, you never spoke with Firat about it?" "No, why would I? It was clear his intentions with me were never serious. He was just having a good time, and when things got difficult, he got bored and left. " "What do you mean with things got difficult?" "Ms. Azade and Mr. Hassas found out about our plans, and they were against it, as you can imagine. They would talk to me constantly, trying to persuade me not to marry him. He defended me more than once in front of them, but even Derya got involved." "Derya?" "She offered me money to leave Firat alone. But I refused, I told her my love had no price and left... The next thing I knew was that they were engaged."

'Derya' Now, things were cleared. Everything can be expected when Derya was concerned. Baran left in search of his father, he looked for him everywhere but he could not find him. "Ms. Kader, have you seen my Dad?" "He left a while ago, Mr. Baran" He was going upstairs again when his father entered the house. "Son?" "I was looking for you Dad, would you come with me to the office" "Of course Baran" Once in the office Baran asked his father "Dad, did you know my grandmother and uncle were aware of Firat's intentions with Gül?" "Yes, I heard them discuss it. My mother didn't find Gül worthy of the Karabey name, and neither did my brother." "And Derya's involvement?" "Derya? No, I didn't know. From what I know, Derya had nothing to do with Firat until they got engaged." Baran was pacing the room. He knew firsthand what that woman could do if someone got in the way of her plans. And Gül was an obstacle. "I think Derya played a game to break them apart." "What are you saying, son?" "She is no stranger to that kind of games. She did plenty of that with me and Dilan."

Dilan was puzzled by everything Gül had confessed to her. When she mentioned Derya, alarms went off on Dilan's head. After everything that woman put her and Baran through, could she have done the same to Gül and Firat? She was so deep in thoughts that she did not hear Baran enter, but when he was close enough, she felt him. She turned, and at the same time, she said "Baran I need to tell you something." Her body collided with his, and he held her arms to prevent her from tripping. "And what would that be, Mrs. Karabey, that you missed me?" She was distracted by his nearness in that moment, but she snapped out of it. "What? no. About Gül, Firat, and Derya?" "Yes, I know. " Dilan was stund. "How do you know?" "I was coming to look for my telephone charger, and I heard you and Gül talking." "You were listening... oh, never mind. Did the same thought come to your mind when you heard?" "Yes, Derya did something for sure." "I think the same. What is that girl's problem? What is her obsession with our family?" His mood changed, "I don't know Dilan. " he walked away from her to look out the window.

Baran felt frustrated. He could not figure out Derya's intentions. At first, he thought marrying Firat was her way of preventing leaving the company and even attempting at some point to take it from him, but now it was clear it was more than that. What was her real objective here? Baran felt Dilan on his back as she embraced him. "What are you thinking?" "That I should not have left that woman come into our lives again. I need to stop her somehow if I want to protect you and the family. The problem is..." Dilan made Baran turn to face her and rested her hands on his shoulders. "Please, Baran, share with me, remember?" "The problem is I don't want to make things worse, Dilan. Firat is a proud man, and we are not the closest of cousins. If he sees I'm meddling in his business, it could backfire and scale into something I won't be able to manage. But if I don't do something, then that woman will become a Karabey, we will have the enemy inside, an enemy that does not blink when it comes to taking a life."

Dilan, I know for my experience, when the Doctor was coming to the house, she would say things to me, small things, but enough to plant doubts in my mind, to make you and me fight" "Our situation and theirs is not the same Baran" "It is not, but it is very similar." "It is not. In our case, it was easy to plant doubts. We got married because of the blood feud, and we helped each other because we were victims of the same fate. We were both walking a very thin line that became blurry and disappeared with time. To realize our feelings and the other feelings was very difficult because it seemed impossible for two people in our position to find love under the circumstances. "But we did," Baran hurried to say.

"We certainly did, but as I told you, their case is different. They have known each other for a long time, they dated, and they knew their feelings beforehand. To walk away after that, I don't know... Maybe he didn't love her to begin with. " "He does, Dilan. I saw him with her today, and trust me, he loves her. I still can't believe I didn't see it before." "You are dealing with so many things even now, Baran, you can't blame yourself." He hugged Dilan and inhaled her scent. He needed to clear his head to decide what to do next. What was clear to him was that Derya could not become a Karabey bride for everyone's safety. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 650 17
Book 3 of "His" Series One rainy night that changed his life. The night when he realized what love is. The night when he became crazy for her. The n...
80.4K 3.4K 37
Kaysia and Kaz is back but shit ain't nowhere near better. As she try to deal with this new life that's been put before her. Kaz could be facing a lo...
17.7K 2.3K 36
"Burn with me, जान ऐ अदा, At least, for once, love me, Mikayla. . ." . . . Mikayla, a spoiled brat, daddy's princess has a rival in her school whom s...
60.4K 3.1K 37
Two broken souls and closed-off hearts. When they meet, will they heal each other or destroy what was left inside them? Eda is a young university stu...