A Quetz with Trolls

By Shadow-the-Wendigo

Calibri, or Cali, is a brave and protective woman that loves music, but she never sings unless in private. On... More

Murder Victim
Few Months Later
Bunker Taken and Saved Princess
Camp and Bergens
Skate Date and Caught
True Colors
Truth
About Calibri
Feathered Messege
Quest
Captured
Just Sing
Relaxing Day
About Wren
Dreams of the Past
Interrupted Wedding
Sick Quetz
Quetz's Reunion
Final Rescue
Epilogue

Make Over

358 14 0
By Shadow-the-Wendigo

The trio rushed over to the table the cage was on and Poppy took the cloth covering the cage off. 

"Guys!" The caged trolls were happy to see her and Calibri. "Poppy, Cali! Celebrate good times, come on!"

Poppy started to sing with them. "It's a Celebration!"

Both Branch and Calibri were the smart ones as they shushed the trolls that were singing. But they kept going in a whisper. 

"There's a party going on right here."

Calibri picked the lock with her claws as Branch scolded the others. "No, there is not a party going on right here." 

Once the lock was off, the door to the cage was open. "The sooner we get out of here-." 

Poppy cut Branch off with the craziest idea. "The sooner we can save Creek!" 

Calibri and Branch jinxed each other as they looked at the pink troll like corn was growing from her head. "What?!" 

The bergen sat up suddenly. "Hello?" The trolls stood still as she then closed her eyes and fell back on her bed, asleep. 

"I know you're looking for the cupcakes and rainbows here. But face it, Creek's been eaten." 

The others got out of the cage. "They put him in a taco." 

"It was horrible." 

Guy Diamond tried to reason with Poppy. "Sorry, Poppy. Creek's gone." 

"Poppy, how could you possibly think Creek's still alive?" Branch was right, if Creek was eaten, he's probably gone. 

But Poppy was still looking on the bright side. "I don't think he's alive, I hope he's alive. And that's enough." 

"How do you always look on the bright side? There is no bright side here. None!" 

"There's always a bright side." 

A light then shined on the trolls and feather woman, as they looked over, they saw the bergen was awake and holding the light. 

"Hey! Where do you think you're going?!" Calibri hissed before jumping off the table and growing to her original size. 

Calibri discovered she could shrink and grow on accident, but it had its uses. Like right now, she was big enough to tower over the bergen. Spreading her wings halfway to look intimidating and her sharp teeth were showing as she branded them to the bergen. 

"We are getting out of here." Her intimidation tactic seemed to have worked as the bergen backed away in fear. 

"Wait, Bridget!" Both the bergen, Bridget, and Calibri looked over to see Poppy. "You're in love with King Gristle!" 

Bridget tried to hide it. "Uh, I don't know what you're talking about." 

Poppy then opened the curtain above Bridget's bed revealing a bunch of magazine clippings of the king. 

Bridget then clambered onto her bed and closed the curtain. "Uh, excuse me! That's not mine." 

Calibri then came over and opened the curtain, there was a magazine clipping of two bergens in wedding attire. The faces replaced with Gristle's and Bridget's. 

"Oh, hermana, you got it bad. Don't you?" 

Bridget then gave up hiding it. "What does it matter? It's not like he even notices I'm alive." 

"Bridget, I can help you! What if there was a way, we could both get what we want?" Bridget then leaned closer to Poppy. "You love Gristle too?! You better back off, girlfriend." 

Calibri shook her head with a small chuckle as she sat on the bed next to Bridget. "She wants to save the troll the king ate. Believe me, Gristle isn't her type." 

Bridget then looked to Calibri. "What about you?" 

"My type is a little paranoid mixed with a whole lot of prepared. Gristle seems more for you than anyone else." 

"Calibri's right, that troll King Gristle put in his mouth, that's Creek. And I would do anything to save him. The only problem is we can't get anywhere near the king without him eating us." 

Bridget seemed to understand. "Oh." 

Calibri then leaned on her hand. "You could though. You can walk right up to him and tell him how you fell, honey." 

"As if. I can't just walk right up to the king. His royal awesomeness would never talk to scullery maid like me." 

Poppy then idea. "What if he didn't know you were a scullery maid? What if he thought you were this total babe?" 

"What kind of scullery maid would be dress as a scullery maid? I smell like gravy." Satin and Chenille then came forward. "What if we made you a new outfit?" 

"I'm thinking, Jumpsuit!" 

Bridget still didn't seem convinced. "What good is a jumping suit if I still have this hair?" 

Calibri then wrapped an arm around Bridget. "We can help with that too. I could you up with some make up, the twins got your wardrobe, and we can fix your hair." 

"What's the point of a new outfit and new hair, if I don't know what a total babe would say?" Poppy then stepped in again. "We can help with that too!" 

"Really?" 

Calibri nodded and her tail twitched. "Of course, honey. What do you say?" 

"You get us Creek, and we'll get you a date with the king." 

Bridget touched her collage before turning to look at Poppy. "Let's do it." 

"A five, six, seven, eight!" 

The trolls grabbed some beauty products and rushed over to Bridget. "When you look in the mirror, let it disappear. All your insecurities!~" 

"Wait!" They all stopped. "Why isn't this one singing? Or you?" Bridget pointed to Branch and then Calibri. 

"I haven't sung in years, honey. My voice must be bad by now." Calibri answered her in a quick but sarcastic way. 

The others then started to encourage Branch to sing with them. 

"No, that's okay." Bridget then started to tear up. "You don't think this will work?" 

Branch tried to reason with the bergen. "Oh, no, no. It's not that, I just don't sing." 

"Branch!" Poppy scolded the grey troll. 

"No, he's right. This idea is stupid. King Gristle will never love me!" Bridget then flopped on her bed and started to cry. 

Branch then climbed up to the window and Calibri shrunk and stood next to him as he tried to open it. 

"Branch, Cali, what are you doing?" Calibri sighed. "You guys have to sing." 

"I told you I don't sing. And Calibri flat out said she didn't either." Branch was still not going to sing. 

"Well, you have to." 

"I'm sorry, I can't." 

"You have to!" 

"No!" 

"Yes!" 

"No!" 

Calibri knew if this continued there would be consequences. Emotional consequences. "Poppy, you can't force him to sing." 

The pink troll didn't listen. "Why not?! Why won't you sing?!" 

Branch sharply turned to Poppy and blurted it out. "Because singing killed my grandma! Okay! Now leave me alone." He walked over to the corner of the window and sat down, hugging his knees. 

"How did singing kill your grandma? What song was she singing?" Poppy stood in front of Branch as Calibri kneeled down to place a comforting hand on his back. 

"I was the one singing." This shocked Poppy. "That day, I was so lost in song. I didn't hear my grandma trying to warn me. I haven't sung a note since."

Branch looked out the window in sadness and guilt for that day. 

"Once upon a time, there was light in his life. Now there's only love in the dark. Nothing you can say.~" The trolls sang, before Bridget finished the song. "A total eclipse of the heart.~"

"I'm so sorry, Branch. I just assumed you had a terrible voice." Calibri shook her head a bit as Branch corrected her. "No, no, it was like an angel's. At least that's what grandma used to say." 

Calibri smiled softly at Branch before wrapping him in her wings and arms, hugging him. 

"Woah, what are you doing? It's not hug time." The woman huffed and her feathers fluffed a bit. "I don't need hug time to comfort you. You need this anyway." 

Both Branch and Calibri were blushing as they hugged, but then the others and Bridget joined in. 

Branch got out of the hug. "Ok, ok, I'll help! But I'm still not singing." 

Poppy then got the other trolls gathered on Bridget's head. "Ok, people. Hair we go!" 

"You, you, you, you.~" The group grew out their hair. "You gotta let it show!~"

The troll's hair then formed this pink, teal, and yellow wing that looked amazing on Bridget. 

Soon they were walking around Bergen Town. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.2K 470 15
Life is all glitter and happiness in Troll Village. Poppy is queen now, and Branch finds himself having feelings towards her he's never felt before...
14.4K 141 25
After the World Tour, the 6 tribes are now finally reunite and lived in harmony once again thanks to Queen Poppy, the Queen of Pop. They all celebrat...
2.1K 45 28
Riley just found out that there are other humans that are in the trolls world. Now it's up to Riley, Poppy and Branch embark on a daring mission to...
27.6K 286 24
After the events of Trolls World Tour, all tribes of Trolls lived in harmony once again. But not all of them. The trolls discovered a mysterious trol...